Chapter 17

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; MENTAL STATE.

"We're getting better" Xiumin bobbed his head, looking at everyone sitting around the table, the regular meeting place being filled with moans and groans. People weren't sitting in chairs properly, some were leaning heavily on the table and some were missing from the meeting, being kept bedridden by how much pain they were suffering from.

"When the others are here, I think we can decide our mode of attack for this first plan" Xiumin looked around at the attention that his statement gave him, people tried sitting up straight and others knew that the attempt wasn't worth the pain, just keeping eager eyes on him.

"You mean we can finally scope the castle out and knock them down a few numbers?"

"Exactly, as soon as everyone is at their best again"

"Look this revelation is great and all but is anyone going to help me put my shoulder back in place? This kinda damn well hurts" Baekhyun put the hand of his uninjured arm up to grab the attention of the others. They blinked and snickered at him as Baekhyun grit his teeth, trying to sit through the pain.

"Nah, keep him like that" D.O waved a dismissive hand and Baekhyun glared at him.

"I like how it renders him useless" D.O was looking smugly at Baekhyun, waiting for his reaction.

"As if he wasn't already" Sehun chortled his input with his arms crossed over his chest and a roll of his eyes.

"Just you bastards wait, I'll have my time and I'll get you all back for treating me so badly" Baekhyun hissed and D.O smirked, high fiving Sehun for extra show.

"I look forward to it" Baekhyun was scowling as Lay approached him, helping him out of his seat and out of the kitchen, but even with the distance he created from the group, they could all still hear Baekhyun screaming out his agony as Lay put his shoulder back in place for him. A couple of minutes later when the screams from Baekhyun had died down to whining that Lay put to a stop with a slap over the head, the pair returned, sitting in their seats as if they had never made any commotion.

"We're ready" Suho nodded, breaking the quiet that had taken over the room and Xiumin rubbed his hands together, a grin taking over his features as excitement flooded through him.

"I'll go and let the others know that we're going in as soon as everyone is better" His shoes slapped against the tiles on his way out of the kitchen and they thumped against the carpet as he made his way up the stairs and to the first room.

"Park Chanyeol!" Chanyeol jumped up from his bed as the door of his room swung open, standing straight and gawking at Xiumin wide eyes, only to buckle as his ribs ached and cried out in pain.

"Be prepared" Xiumin pointed a finger at Chanyeol, and just as he had stormed in he was storming out again, heading to the next room as Chanyeol sat on his bed, his hands over his ribs and his wide eyes blinking at the door that was slammed shut on him.

"What have I done wrong this time?" He wondered, looking around the room he was in to see if there was anything that could tell him why Xiumin was having an outburst all of a sudden.

------------

Tears had welled up in her eyes, her lips tucked in and her teeth clenched down on them, trying to push through the pain that was resonating from her arm. Lay sat at her left with Xiumin behind him, one of his chilled hands on Lay's back that had been stripped of its shirt the moment it was able to be ripped away. He was in as much pain as the girl he faced, the healthy glow from his hand working over the wound on her arm that he didn't even want to look at. The smell of Lee's flesh was in the air, strong on the nose of all of them as they hid the pain it caused their nostrils. Xiumin looked down, not being able to look at the way the girl on the bed writhed and whined out loud, making Lay's muscles in his back flinch as he jolted to follow her.

"A little longer, just a little longer" Lay spoke and Lee gave a grunt, wanting the pain to end.

"It'll be over soon, I'll get rid of it" Lay promised her and Lee tried to keep her movements to a minimum. Even with Xiumin at his back, there was perspiration covering Lay, pain and hard work forcing his skin to become covered in a layer of sweat, even when there were goosebumps running up and down his arms. Chanyeol limped into the room, whimpering about his own pain until he heard a cry from Lee. He hobbled over, dropping down on the bed and gaping at the welting in her arm with wide eyes.

"Byun Baekhyun" He cursed, as Lay did his best to keep healing the burning wound.

"Stay still, stay still" Xiumin chided, trying to get both Lee and Lay to a state where they were calmer, but they were all in pain.

"I'm here to Lee" Chanyeol gripped onto Lee's open hand. He allowed her fingers to wrap around his hand, her knuckles turning white as she squeezed and squeezed, her face scrunched up in agony as sweat dripped down her temple and onto the pillow. Chanyeol was angry enough as it was, he couldn't feel the pain of Lee squeezing his shoulder, especially not when Kai walked past the room, only for Baekhyun to follow seconds later.

They can stay here for all I care.

------------

"Just, do your best not to be like us"

She eyed herself through the reflection of the bathroom mirror, a look of displeasure clear on her face as she examined herself. Was she really changing so much? Was she different than that average girl back home? Lee didn't know, she still had her name, her face and her style, she had her likes and dislikes, her ways to pass time and her own mind of thoughts that no one else could change, she still had a stubborn personality and sometimes a hot temper.

But her morals, she worried about them. Was she losing some? Had some changed or had she left some behind? Were morals not a thing in this world and she was just adjusting? Why did it seem like her temper was getting worse and the things happening to her just seemed like a daily occurrence, not some blasphemy? She could only shake her head, she was in a whole different place, of course she would change, she couldn't stick to her old ways and expect to survive in a place like this, that's not how it worked, she knew that, and that's what she reassured herself of.

But even with this thought, when she looked in the mirror, she saw other changes, her body having to adjust, even just opening up to her gift had made her cheekbones more noticeable, her arms were a different kind of thick to what they were when she first got here, but still healthy, her shirts fit differently and you could see the way her muscles moved when she walked. She was looking more like what she saw the athletic people in her school looked like, where she would low key wish to be that fit and healthy. Now she was getting th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter