Chapter 8

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER EIGHT; PULLING THROUGH.

Lay fell back on the bed, the others surrounding him becoming rigid, some jumping and stepping back in fear of what they were seeing before them. Lee's chest rose as if it were trying to detach itself from her body with a brute force, her lips parted and the people surrounding her had to cover their ears as her dry throat suffered further from the roar coming out of her body. Their eyes widened as she cried out in absolute misery. Xiumin uncovered his ears and put his hands on her shoulders, trying to force her body back down so that she was laying flat on the bed again. But her body fought against him, not moving from its curved position until the scream was done tearing itself through her body and she went limp, losing all consciousness and collapsing under the pressure.

"Is... Is it over now?" Kyungsoo asked as they all remained frozen, stunned into silence by what just happened.

"I believe so" Lay breathed out, staring at Lee's body in total astonishment as the air around them moved thickly with tension and uncertainty.

"She is alive, isn't she?" Baekhyun asked, even he felt breathless and his throat felt somewhat constricted, making him bring a hand up to rub it as he looked at Lee's body with uncertain, distressed eyes. Xiumin nodded and stepped back, moving away from the bed in hope of getting away from the fear he was feeling.

"She's breathing" There was a small amount of relief hovering through the room as they all sighed at Xiumin's word.

"We can't leave her in here alone again, some is going to have to stay in here to watch over her" Suho spoke looking around as Xiumin let out another huff.

"It's late into the night now and we're all tired, go to your rooms, I'll look over her since she's in my room" Xiumin nodded, waving them all out as all eyes in the room turned to him.

"Are you sure? One of us could take her to her room to look after her so that you can rest properly Minseok-"

"I'll be fine Kai, you've got to go and get your sleep too, I'll let you know if anything happens, Xiumin waved them off again, turning away and walking to his drawers to pull out his pyjamas. When Xiumin turned back, everyone had left, Chanyeol had hesitantly shut the door after himself and now it what just Xiumin and Lee, fast asleep on his bed. Xiumin changed into his nightwear in his bathroom and when he came back out he sluggishly walked towards the bed, putting the back of his hand to Lee's forehead. Her temperature was dropping back down to a normal number and that made Xiumin feel the slightest bit of relief when he discovered that. Manoeuvring the girls body into his arms and off the bed was easy with his strength, Xiiumin held her limp body against his as he pulled the covers on the bed back before laying Lee back on the bed, covering her with the sheets before he walked around the bed and entered on the other side of the cushiony heaven.

As Xiumin looked at her flushed features, still recovering from such a high temperature, he knew he was still too focused on her well being to get much sleep that night.

"I hope that is the last time you ever have to go through that pain" Xiumin himself had experienced the traumatic pause for his gift in seven smaller doses, the thought of everything hitting Lee at once frightened him. He knew this had to be the second time it had happened to her, she couldn't have discovered her gift without breaking the first wall. Everyone's walls were different and Lee had clearly pushed her way through a very thick one, and Xiumin hoped there wasn't any more hiding behind it.

------------

She could hardly breathe, the air felt too thick to enter her lungs and it weighed down on her chest as she pushed her way through the trees. She was in front of the tea table again, only she was without the other nine boys that kept her company and it looked like someone had decided to have a party with what Lee hoped was red paint. cups and pots, spoons and those cute little plates everyone loved placing their biscuits on. Everything was broken and the world around her seemed to only be able to be viewed in a gross dark blue tint that stopped Lee from believing she was awake.

"Lee Minah" Her eyes stopped tailing to the trees around her to look back at the long dining table, there was an unfamiliar man sitting in Xiumin's spot at the other end. He gestured to the seat Lee would normally sit in and she stared at him uncertainly.

"I'm not here to bring harm to you, this is the only way I can relay my message to you, to tell them one last instruction"

"Then why not speak to them? Why talk to me?" Lee asked, yet to move to follow the gesture from his hand and make her way to her seat.

"None of them knows that I am no longer alive, so how am I to communicate with those who do not believe? Who do not know if a person is even living or dead? Now come and sit" He demanded as he pointed to her seat again, even going to the length of using his foot to push it out from under the table for her.

"I do not even know you, why would I trust that you are here with no bad intentions and only good ones?" Lee asked and the stranger rose an eyebrow at her.

"You trusted Zitao and now you have your gift, and you're telling me you can't trust a spirit trying to help his brothers?" He asked and Lee scrunched up her face in confusion, taking the first steps towards him.

"Zitao?" She asked him when her hands were on the chair.

"The time wielder, I am one of the missing just like him, I am Yi Fan and I am dead, unlike Zitao, they called me Kris" Kris answered and Lee moved to sit down in her seat, now looking him in the eyes properly as she sat so close to him.

"What did you want to tell them, Kris?" She asked him with a shaky breath and Kris' lips twitched upwards for a moment now that he had earnt her trust.

"I have a message for them, but first I want you to break the news to them, you have to tell them that the Knave of Hearts has killed me" Kris demanded and Lee's eyes widened, already feeling nervous with the news she now bore.

"He killed you?" She gasped quietly and her eyes blinked as they became watery.

"Yes, I was killed because I wouldn't lead the Quee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter