Chapter 19

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER NINETEEN; PROGRESS.

"Kai" Lee wasn't going to give up, Kai seemed like he was determined to ignore her too. He marched up the stairs, ignoring her calls for him and the fact that she was following him. He made it all the way to his room before he lost his patience at the sight of Lee stopping his door from slamming shut. Her hand slapped against the wood, her strength had grown over the past couple of weeks, it didn't even push her back. She stood stock still as he stalked towards her, getting in her face, his dark eyes piercing into her and his voice deep and angered as he snarled his words at her.

"What do you want?!" His voice boomed out his demand and Lee blinked, quickly flames filled had her eyes, determined to put things back in place between the two of them.

"What I want to know is why you're ignoring me" She used her hand to shove Kai back, he stood up straight, standing tall over her as they glared at each other. Kai tried to shut the door on her again but Lee pushed back, forcing the door open wider and storming into his room.

"What I do is none of your business. Get out" Kai pushed a hand against Lee's shoulder, wanting to force her back towards the door and Lee shoved that hand away, snarling at him as she narrowed her sharp eyes on him.

"You would be right in saying that if it wasn't me that you were ignoring. I have the right to know why you're suddenly treating me as if I don't exist Kai!"

"Well are you gonna make the others tell you why they're ignoring me too?! Is that any of your business Lee?!" Kai yelled at her and Lee took a step back from him.

"I don't know why they're ignoring you ok?" 

"Of course you don't" Kai scoffed through his nose, turning away from her and dragging his feet over to his bed. He sat down, his body slumping into the mattress as he put his elbows on his knees, his finger digging into his temples as he looked down.

"Why have they been ignoring you, Kai?" Lee shuffled closer, but not too close, just in case Kai's anger rose again.

"Kai, what happened?" Lee made her tone more demanding this time, crossing her arms over her chest. Kai still didn't speak and Lee looked over her shoulder at the door to his room. She moved, shutting the door to his room quietly and looking back at Kai. Lee let out a deep breath, her feet moving over the carpet floor and she sat down at Kai's feet, wrapping her arms around her knees and peering up at Kai from where she now sat.

"Kai talk to me" She spoke sternly and it was Kai's turn to let out a deep breath when he moved to make eye contact with her.

"They all hate me more than they did before because I threw you at that tree. None of them will talk to me but Baekhyun tries to burn off your arm in 'training'and nobody is hating him for it, he hurt you too" 

"I hurt him back" Lee commented but it didn't provide any aid for Kai. There was a tense quietness in the air as Kai looked away from Lee again but she kept her eyes on him, waiting for him to speak up.

"He didn't knock you out and almost give you some sort of brain damage" Kai finally muttered after what felt like forever with neither of them intending to budge.

"Yes, but he also wasn't in a state of panic that changed his levels of awareness" Kai shook his head, racking his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"I hurt you Lee. If it weren't for Lay you would have still been in some sort of trauma because I was to blind to realise what I was doing. I went mad and you copped the results of that. You don't know me. You don't know if this is a one time thing or if I'm going to do it again the moment you get close to me, you just need to out of it" He looked up at her, determination filling his eyes again and Lee shrugged.

"Kai you were scared out of your mind, I tried to grab you so you reacted, and that's ok, mistakes get made and things happen all the time, I'm not mad or offended at all, I've forgiven you for it and I know you didn't do it on purpose" She countered as Kai shook in front of her.

"That doesn't change that everyone else hates me for hurting you"

"Well we'll just have to make them change their minds about that" She shrugged again and Kai frowned at her.

"They won't hate you if they see that we don't hate each other, right?" She proposed and Kai stopped rocking in his place, his body calming for the moment as he gazed at her.

"Just stop treating me like another one of the walls in the house and we'll be fine. The others will get over it and soon we'll be making our way out of here, deal?" Kai stared at her, unmoving and unsure as Lee held a hand out to him, offering peace with her and potentially the others that resided in the house with them.

"What do you say, Kai?" Lee gave a tilt of her head that brought Kai's focus back to what was happening. Kai gave her his hand with a hint of uncertainty and Lee gripped it firmly, shaking his hand and smiling up at him.

"Now you're stuck in a deal with me, to be you" She shrugged, letting go of Kai's hand and standing up, leaving the room behind her with Kai sitting on his bed, stunned by the girl that had just left him there.

"She's losing the plot, I'm sure of it" He shook his head, his words muttered under his breath as he looked around his room hearing her giggle down the hall.

"Absolutely losing it" 

------------

"When can we make our attack?" 

"I told you to have patience" Suho rolled his eyes, spinning around in the spinny chair, ignoring the deep sigh his response cued from Chanyeol.

"But isn't it time? Or at least almost time? How long do we have to wait for?" He leant over Suho's desk, frustrated by the concept of having to time things and wait for the right time to strike with the plan.

"We're all healed up! Why can't we go and bust the place now?"

"Because Chanyeol, we have to figure out the best way to do that and in order to figure out the best way to win this we have to watch them closely and in order to get in to watch them closely, Lee needs to be in the condition to help us without passing out if we need to fight. I've told you this already" There was a burning temptation to flood Chanyeol's lungs with water, or to use brute force to get him out of his room, but Suho bit down on his tongue, holding all his wants in as he tried to focus on the sensation of spinning around in his chair and the amusement it would have brought to anyone else.

But that was never easy with someone like Chanyeol in the room. But there was never anyone else like Chanyeol.

So things were just hard when Chanyeol was around.

"Look, didn't you keep saying you were going to show Lee your spoon collection or something?" Suho tried to find a way to get Chanyeol out of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter