Chapter 13

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THIRTEEN; HAVE TO BE READY.

"Oh crap"

"Just what we needed" D.O snarled, his head turned in the direction that Suho was looking. There was a beast trampling towards them, looking something like a dog, maybe a bear with its mouth wide open and a roar shaking the trees around it. They could hear the stomping of its feet and D.O rose his hands, a wall of earth following his command as his eyes narrowed on the beast. Another tree was thrown and the beast caught it, shaking it like a chew toy and throwing it away, not letting it stop the rampage it was on.

"They’re following it" Suho breathed, dowsing water behind the beast to where panicked horses screamed out, slipping through the mud.

"Can we take them all on?" D.O winced, putting his arms up for protection, stopping a tree branch from touching him before it could harm him.

"We need to" There was no choice, Suho grit his teeth, his lips turning up in a snarl. His feet barely raised, he practically glided with the water under his feet helping him move quickly. With a motion of his arm towards the beast, a gust of water followed, crashing against the face of the beast and distracting it long enough for D.O to push himself off the ground and towards the beast, propelling himself at the beast with the help of the ground rising beneath him.

"You better pray your ing off that nothing happens to her Kim Jongin" Xiumin spat. The moment he could hear the bellowing roars of the beast and the shouts of men he knew what was coming for them.

"I'm sorry" Kai gasped out in a long breath.

"This isn't good" Chanyeol let out a shaky breath, pulling Lee tighter against his chest and looking ahead with worried eyes.

"Yeah, we've got an unconscious fighter that both sides want, we're screwed if they take her" Chen stressed, his hand surprisingly gentle when he brushed back the hair out of Lee's eyes.

"To further elaborate if they take Lee they're going to kill her" Baekhun spoke out of pure panic and Xiumin glared, cold air passing over Baekhyun that made him realize his mistake.

"No man, or woman, is getting left behind tonight do you all hear me?" Xiumin ordered and there were nods all around.

"Everyone will have each others back and we will get out of this with the same number we entered with is that clear?"

"Yes!" Lay exclaimed and Xiumin nodded, his eyes narrowed and his lips drawn in a straight line with a clenched jaw.

"Kai you take Lee, the rest of us will help Suho and D.O" Xiumin asserted and Chanyeol carefully handed the girl over to the teleporter.

"I better not have her gone" Xiumin scowled at Kai as they marched on, getting closer to the loud snarling of a beast and the spluttering of distressed men and horses.

"I'll keep her safe" Kai promised with his head nodding, smoke simmered around his figure before he was out of sight with Lee in his arms.

"Take them dead or alive!" A voice commanded above the chaos, a sword raising above the distress and Suho watched, feeling as if the world was moving in slow motion when that same sword was thrown at him. The sword was coming towards him and he knew it must have been at an unruly speed as well. But he blinked, his lips parting and his brows creasing as the sounds around him were drowned out until they were gone and he stared wide eyed at the shine of the pointed sword. He could feel himself moving, his left foot stepping back and he slid through the water, avoiding the oncoming sword and watching the way it shook roughly from side to side when it wedged itself into the trunk of the tree he was previously in front of, missing him.

"Suho!" He didn't know how Baekhyun had gotten to the scene and he didn't realize that everyone else was here until he blinked, his eyes finally losing focus on the sword and coming back to reality. Suho moved, one foot before the other propelling him across the earth's floor in an effortless motion. He slid past Sehun who used the strength in the air around him to push the beast back, trying to force it away from D.O.

Chanyeol bounded forward, face contorted into an expression of fury. Flames so hot that they were blue clung to his clenched fists, the mud splashing around them and the water around him not even able to diminishing the flames power as he plowed through the Knaves men. Cries and screams rung against his ears but he ignored them, his eyes only on one man, avoiding the swing of a sword by ducking. The punch he gave the owner of the sword only brought a strong scent of burning flesh and more screams of agony, the knight was thrown away and Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, putting his hands up in front of him and making the flames grow larger. There was an unbearable heat surrounding him that he couldn't notice. It made knights scamper away, wide eyed and sweaty as they watched his tall figure wander through them, left foot before his right taking confident steps. The flames were engulfing him until it looked like he was the fire itself, his hair was changed for the flames and they covered his frame protectively. His eyes burnt red and his footsteps left puddles of fire in his wake.

The Knaves foot connected with Xiumin's chest the elementist barely escaping the foot of the beast stamping down on the ground as he flew back. His arm rose and his fingers spread, keeping his eye on the Knave even as he was sent pushing through the mud by the mans kick. The foot that he was kicked with swung to the ground heavily, ice covering it that caused it to weigh down against gravity. The cold air dried the earth beneath the Knaves foot and it grew along the ground, trapping him there.

"Release me!" The Knave commanded as Xiumin's back collided with the ground and he was forced to turn away, rolling through the murky water until he came to a stop. Xiumin groaned, it hurt everywhere but he couldn't stop now. He knew he had to stand up and fight back again. His arms ached as he used them to push himself up, his knees and thighs screamed out in agony as he forced himself to stand, turning back to the fight once again. His lips parted, bearing his teeth and a cry left him in anger, his arm raising over his head, the air around him becoming cold and visible to the eye as ice formed above his hand. It screeched and cracked loudly through the night air and Xiumin widened his eyes, throwing his arm forward and the ball of ice soared through the air.

Kai couldn't ignore that terror that ran through him, his back against the trunk of a wet tree with Lee's head nestled against his collarbone. She was still out cold and he knew he would be done for if the Knave's men found him with her unconscious in his arms. They were getting closer again and Kai clucked his tongue teleporting so that he was once again out of range of the fight. He felt like it was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter