Chapter 15

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER FIFTEEN; BATTERED AND BRUISED.

"Lay, Chen is still in pain" Lee entered the healing handed boy's room, she was holding onto the hand of a quiet Chen, something that had only become a thing when Lee had screamed, demanding to know how he could dare to take her hand holding ity from her. He was stunned to say the least.

Because when had hand holding ities become a thing? And how had a girl like her not held hands with the opposite gender before?

"Oh Chen" Lay practically wailed, not believing he had gone back to being so airheaded that he forgot about one of his dearests friends being in pain.

"Yes. Oh Chen" Chen nodded before breaking out in a similar cry to Lay. Lee grunted, rolling her eyes as her cheeks remained tinted in a flush of pink, she used her hand locked with Chen's to pull him to Lay's bed and Chen whined, ‘ow’ and 'oh' escaping him as he hobbled on a sore leg.

"When did you hurt your leg?" Lay demanded to know, rushing to Chen's aid and he chuckled bitterly.

"I took a nasty fall in the yard thanks to Baekhyun thinking he knew karate"

"Baekhyun" Lay tutted and Lee smiled in amusement.

"Well," Lee dusted her pants off and let out a breath, "looks like you two will be fine here, so I'll take my leave now" Chen waved with a grin and Lay nodded, smiling her way before tending back to Chen's wound with his magic fingers. It seemed the light air was only following Chen today, because when Lee shut the door behind her, the rest of the house was cold, thick with a grudge that Lee felt she needed to be informed of, but even as Sehun rushed out of his room, she didn't try and ask what was wrong with everyone else. The tension was only upstairs though, unlike she had thought, because when Lee made it to the living room, she was swooped up by Chanyeol, crying out and grabbing onto his clothes.

"Chanyeol what are you doing?!"

"You tried to break my hand!" Chanyeol shot back, his voice being heard through the whole house and Lee slapped his shoulder.

"You tried to burn like five of us!"

"Four!"

"What do numbers matter?! You tried to kill us!" Lee didn't care if the grudge holding people upstairs could hear her, Xiumin was sitting on the couch on his knees, leaning over the back of the couch and waving a fist, egging her on just as loudly as she was arguing with Chanyeol.

"Only for the sake of fun!" Chanyeol spun and Lee screamed, gripping onto him tightly, how could his tree trunk legs move in circles so quickly? She hated him for it.

"Shove a finger up his !" Xiumin was still waving his fist and both Lee and Chanyeol widened their eyes.

"No! Don't do it"

------------

It was quiet in the kitchen, Lee couldn't say the same for the other parts of the house though, she could hear Baekhyun and Chen laughing at a memory being played on the dome, the closest thing they had to a TV. She could hear Xiumin and Suho, they were bickering but it came out in mummers under the rain of Chen and Baekhyun laughing. Chanyeol was still sulking, insulted that Lee would do something so mean to him as if he hadn't tried to set her and others alight earlier. She didn't know where anyone else was besides D.O, who was beside her in the kitchen, minding his own business as they went about doing the dishes.

There were footsteps, heading right for the kitchen and both Lee and D.O looked up to see who was about to join them to see Kai stopping at the entry of the kitchen.

"Oh, Kai" Lee gave a gentle smile but Kai only blinked blankly, ignoring the eye contact to look down at his feet, shoving his hands in his pocket and turning away.

"We're gonna make a fruit salad once we're done here, wanna help?" But once the question was out in the air, Kai walked away, making Lee frown as she looked at D.O.

"Why's he so grumpy?" She asked but D.O was still narrowing his eyes in the direction Kai had gone.

"D.O!" Chanyeol came stampeding into the kitchen before Lee could ask D.O why he also seemed to be in a negative mood now. D.O looked up with his wide eyes at the intrusion of the bellowing voice, his hands ripping out of the water and stumbling over to Chanyeol to take two of the four watermelons Chanyeol was trying to lug around on his own.

"We got the last of the fruit" Chanyeol was puffing as Baekhyun walked in, holding a small basket with apples in one hand, whistling as he swung it. Lee was the one to narrow her eyes this time at the easy life Baekhyun was giving himself whilst Chanyeol had to juggle four watermelons.

"You head!" Lee rushed over to knock her fist against Baekhyun's head, his whole body shook, his eyes closing in shock before snapping open to gape at her as D.O took the basket out of his hand before it was dropped, only to join in on the attacks towards Baekhyun.

"What now?!" Baekhyun wailed and D.O kicked his legs out from under him, making him cry out and tumble to the ground.

"Why does Chanyeol have to do all the heavy lifting huh? You're perfectly capable of helping" Lee's fingers were wound through Baekhyun's hair, tugging him back and forth by his strands of hair as he clawed at her hand, begging for her to stop between arguments. D.O dropped down to his knees, pinching Baekhyun and twisting his s, making Chanyeol whoop loudly.

"I hear a fight" Xiumin came rushing into the kitchen and his eyes dropped to the scene on the floor. A smile taking over his features as he crossed his arms and leant on the wall.

"Look at you, getting stronger day by day" He watched the two on one fight turn savage and chuckled, shaking his head at the sight.

"He tried to light you on fire why are you defending him?!"

"You don't hurt my man child!" Lee crowed, not realising just how bad they all looked tumbling around on the floor.

"Why are you doing this?!" Baekhyun slapped at D.O who grunted.

"She needs back up!"

------------

"I didn't think you were the sought for savage fights in the kitchen"

"I'm not." Lee wriggled on the chair in discomfort with Lay's fingers at her forehead. "But he was making Chanyeol do all the work and I got angry" She told Lay, her eyes looking up to watch the glow that emitted from Lay's healing hand.

"So you fought Baekhyun on our kitchen floor" Lay rose an eyebrow, his voice deadpanned and Lee huffed out.

"I wasn't intending for it go that far, but once D.O got him to the ground I just kept going" She crossed her arms, slouching and Lay shook his head.

"I thought you were going to be the calm and controlled one Lee" The words he spoke had Lee looking at up quickly, offended and not understanding what he meant.

"Excuse me?" She was frowning now and Lay let out a breath, the previous welt on Lee's head finally gone. He took her hand in his, sitting back and healing over the scratches littered on her skin.

"It's painful to see you turning out like us" Lay spoke again and Lee watched him as he kept his eyes on the red marks fading away from her skin.

"We're truly mad Lee, this place isn't all fun and games, that fight included, we crazed and sadistic and we're prepared to do anything to get out of here, it wasn't until a few weeks ago that we were willing to leave as a team"

"After I got here" Lee muttered and Lay nodded.

"Most of us liked you from the moment you stumbled over to us, there was distance and a wall between us but you weren't cruel and rude like everyone else. Once we took a liking to you, knowing you were helping us get out of here, we started to realise, this guy likes you too, that one wants to be your friend. So if we leave it wouldn't jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter