Chapter 3

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THREE; EVEN THE SCARIEST THINGS SEEM LIKE A GAME TO THEM.

"Ahhh!" Lee had never screamed so loud, she had never seen an animal so big, with such sharp teeth and frightening eyes that left her shaking in her own boots, cowering away from the putrid smelling breaths of the animal that smacked against her skin with a rotten force.

"Help!" Lee begged, screaming as the beast took a step forward and she was forced to take several of her own back, tripping in the tangles of nature below her feet.

"Lee- Oh my god it's back!" Kai exclaimed, his loud voice reaching the ears of the others just seconds after he had left their sight. Kai grabbed Lee under the arms, pulling her back from the yellow teeth of the beast and they were gone in a puff of smoke.

"What the hell is that thing?!" Lee snapped, staring back at the beast with its head flicking around in confusion. Chen stumbled out from the bushes, his mouth opening and closing as he looked at the giant animal in front of him. His hand shot out on instinct and Lee let out a breathless scream as the beast found its muscles tensing from head to toe. A bolt of electricity appeared before her very eyes, eye closingly bright and immensely powerful, Lee could tell in the short peek she got before her eyes forced themselves closed to resist the light.

The monster roared, the sound being so loud the trees and the ground beneath her feet shook and Lee was rendered breathless as she held onto Kai.

"What is that thing?" Lee whispered when everything fell silent with one final ground shaking thump. Everyone else was standing behind Chen, Lee met with Xiumin's worried eyes, the two contrasting colours meeting to form one emotion as he looked at her. The eye contact was broken as Kai chuckled and his arms around her moved as he gave a boyish shrug.

"That thing?" Kai gestured to the now unconscious beast, "We haven't figured out a name for it yet" Lee looked at him as if he were mad, talking about such a dangerous looking creature as if it were a stray puppy.

"You're mad" Lee muttered in astonishment as Kai grinned, smoke began forming around them and he disappeared from sight until Lee could only see his smile.

"We're all mad here" Kai smirked, scaring Lee and she stumbled back, rushing to Chen who met her half way.

"I did a pretty good job, didn't I? I guess I do deserve to hold the damsel in distress in my arms" Chen grinned and Lee shivered as she looked at him.

"That's enough Jongdae, you're scaring her much more than she needs to be scared" Xiumin was behind him, it was like magic in the way he snuck behind them, going unnoticed by Lee as he approached, earning her a jolt of shock down her spine. There was a hand on her back and Lee turned with wide eyes to look at Suho as he gave her a smile. Suho took her away from Chen, Kai appeared again and Lee spared him a glance as she walked until the was standing next to Chanyeol.

"I have a collection of spoons to show Lee. I'm taking her and then we can tell her the important information!" Chanyeol gasped in a single outburst, he grabbed Lee and she gasped as he began marching through the rough trees and bushes with her trailing after him.

"The further we get from that beast the better" She heard Chanyeol muttering as he shivered, a cold chill of fear running down his spine. There was shouting in the distance, and Lee could hear barking echoing through the trees as Chanyeol pulled her along. There was the sound of metal against metal and a horse coming from the direction they were heading towards.

"Stop Chanyeol!" Xiumin ordered and Lee turned to him as Chanyeol halted in his steps.

"It's the Knave of Hearts" Xiumin whispered.

"We don't have time for his bull!" Sehun growled, bringing out his handheld clock to shove in the faces of everyone within his reach. Everyone started moving rashly. Lee stood, watching them all as she was enveloped in the feeling of being unsure of what to do whilst they barreled past her and towards the Knave's men.

"Xiumin" Lee whispered as he passed, he planned on throwing her over his shoulder as he went but he was frozen on his feet, hands not yet touching her as he stood in front of her.

"What am I meant to do? You all know what you're doing but I have no idea, do I hide? Am I meant to run before they see me? Or do I hide behind someone's back and hope they don't see me?" Lee rushed and Xiumin smiled.

"You're coming with me of course!" Was his response and Lee gasped as he brought her into an embrace that lifted her feet from the ground. He was extremely cold, even in the clothes he was wearing and the chill of his body sent icy trails over her body as she clung to him.

"Xiumin" Lee gasped as he moved around and he shushed her.

"We wouldn't someone to catch us, now would we sweetheart?" She was back on her feet, somewhere much further than they previously were. The look in Xiumin's eyes and the tone of his voice directed at her were as if they were doing something scandalise. Lee gasped and glared at him, her back against the trunk of a random tree as Xiumin pressed his body against hers and gave a tilt of his head, picking up on the voices of the others as he smirked down at her.

"Try to stay quiet until it's safe will you honey?" He asked and Lee snarled, her lesson was learnt. No matter how crazy, no matter how unaware Xiumin acted Lee now knew.

This hatter was not clueless at all.

------------

"Where's that mad hatter that normally leads you?" The Knave of Heart's was on the safe perch of his horse, looking down at the darkly dressed men from a safe distance. The safety was a fake illusion for the Knave, they stared him down cunningly, there was insanity in their eyes, something that would have made the Knave of Heart's own heart squeeze if it weren't so void of such emo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter