~ oo2 ;

` Summer Fun ;

 

author's note ;

And here's chapter 2 (: Enjoy~

~=

The doorbell rang again, "Seoyoung unni, I know you're there!"

I quickly ushered the boys into the kitchen and out of sight. I put a finger to my lips, signaling for them to keep quiet. "Coming," I called, and headed towards the door. I'll tell her about them later.

I unlocked and opened the door, revealing my best friend, Sandra. She was a little shorter than me, standing at 5'5", with long silky black hair and big, dark brown eyes. She gave me a huge grin and hugged me, "I've missed you so much!" she said in Korean, almost fluently. Almost.

"You weren't even gone for long," I laughed as I hugged her back.

"So?" she sang, "Are you going to let me in?"

"No," I said seriously, causing her to pout. "Just kidding!"

"I know," she laughed.

"So, how was Taiwan?" I asked as she slipped her shoes off.

"It was awesome, as usual,” she said matter-of-factly, then added, “I brought you a present." She fished through her bag for the said gift, slowly walking towards my living room.

She plopped down on the couch, back facing the kitchen.

"Really? you know you didn't have to," I glanced towards the kitchen.

"That never stopped me," she laughed. "Here it is!"

She pulled out a little, dark blue square-ish box with a light blue ribbon wrapped around it. She placed it on the couch seat and looked at me, "Why are you still standing there? Come here!"

I hopped onto the couch after picking up the little blue gift box. I shook the box next to my ear and heard a quiet rattling. "I bet it's a bracelet," I stated.

"Haha, just open it!" Sandra quickly covered her left wrist. 'I was right.' I rolled my eyes.

I slipped the ribbon off the box and opened it. Inside was a bracelet with different sized silver beads strung on. Two of the beads were a soft green tea color and between them was a sky blue star charm. "It's really pretty," I breathed.

"I have a matching one! Instead of green and blue, my beads are red and orange, and the charm is a moon," she held up the wrist she was originally covering, revealing the said bracelet.

I smiled at her, almost forgetting the seven boys hiding in my kitchen. I glanced at the entrance of my kitchen then turned back to Sandra. 'I better tell her now.' I sighed.

"Um, close your eyes. I have a surprise for you too," I stood up and caught Sunggyu's attention, motioning for the boys to come out. "Introduce yourselves," I mouthed.

I glanced at Sandra. Her eyes were closed and her lips were in a pleasant grin, eagerly waiting for my surprise.

"One, two, three... Hello, we are Infinite!" they chorused.

"Hello, I am Infinite’s leader Sunggyu!"

"Hello, I'm Infinite’s wild-eyed rapper, Dongwoo!"

"Hello, I'm responsible for aegyo in Infinite, main vocal Woohyun!"

"Hello, I am mischievous Hoya, nickname is dancing machine!"

"Hi, I am Infinite’s doll face, baby belly and tallest, choding Sungyeol!"

"Hello, I'm Myungsoo, the face of the group."

"And I'm the cute Maknae, Sungjong!"

I looked at Sandra and saw her whip her head around and gasp. The look on her face was priceless.

"You... How...? They..!" Sandra was at a loss for words.

"It's kind of a long story? Long story short, I met them today while I was jogging," I explained.

Sandra was frozen in her seat. "H-h-hi! I'm Sandra! But please call me Sandy," she stuttered cutely in Korean the best she could.

I saw the boys smile wider.

"Sandy, have you eaten yet? I just finished making burgers for the guys and myself. If you want, I can make you one." I offered as I stood up from the couch, leaving Sandra on the couch, still shocked.

Sandra just continued to stare. Reality must have finally hit her in the face because her face turned beet red and she whipped her head back around to hide it. I saw her pinch herself and wince. "Come on Sandy, they're real! This isn't a dream!" I laughed.

I gently took her arm and lifted her off the couch. I pulled her towards the boys and felt her tense under my grip as we passed them. "Come on guys, let's eat dinner."

The boys cheered and followed behind Sandra and me.

"How are you so close to them after meeting them only today?" Sandra sat down in one of the chairs at the table.

"Well, I've never told anyone this, but my brother-"

"Is it Key? From SHINee?" Sandra said almost instantly.

"H-how'd you know?" I asked surprised, and a little scared. 'Is she mad at me for not telling?'

"You guys are so alike, or at least, you look alike," she smiled. "Plus, you sleep talk about him!"

I blushed. I sleep talk about Key. I heard some of the boys snicker and smile. I blushed harder and looked down at my food.

"You always seemed to have some sort of nightmare when you mentioned his name. I never asked 'cause I figured you'd tell me when you were ready. And you've told me about your past. Oh Seoyoung, you're my best friend for Pete’s sake! I know you better than you do." Sandra harrumphed.

"Sandy, you're the best," I leaned over in my seat and gave her a tight bear hug.

"I know," she laughed. "Anyways, I'm hungry!" she jumped up from her seat and walked around my kitchen, looking for something to eat.

"Do you want my burger?" I motioned toward the plate in front of me.

"No, that's okay."

I turned back to the boys and saw that most of them already finished the burger. "Are you guys still hungry?"

They shook their heads, but, from the look on their faces, I could tell they were still hungry. I sighed and smiled, "Sandy, let's go to your house. I'm sure you have something good, right?"

"You betcha! I bought a lot of ingredients for the welcome home dinner I'm making for my parents tomorrow. I can't wait for them to come home," Sandra sighed excitedly.

I quickly finished up the rest of my burger and went to get Joie. "Sandra is so pretty; she's not Korean right?" I heard a voice ask, a bit dazed.

I looked behind me to see Dongwoo standing there with a slightly dreamy, yet goofy grin on his lips. Woohyun was beside him and he rolled his eyes at his friend.

I raised a brow. "Ask her yourself if you're so curious," I mused.

Dongwoo pouted a little, then turned to find said person. I grabbed Joie's dog food from one of the cabinets and poured it into a bag. He jumped eagerly after seeing the food. Woohyun offered to hold Joie's leash. I handed it to him, seeing how eager he was to play with Joie.

"You'll get it soon, Joie," I laughed. "You guys ready?"

"Where does she live?" Woohyun asked from behind me.

"Right-"

"In a far, far away land," Sandra sang, pulling me out the door with her.

I laughed at her playfulness. Sandra waited until the boys were out before walking across the street. I quickly locked the gate and ushered the boys to follow her. When we crossed the street, Sandra unlocked and opened the gate of the house across from mine. She casually walked in, beckoning the boys and me to enter.

"Wow, you live right here," Sungyeol stated.

"It’s so far from Seoyoung's house," she pouted.

"She's so cute," I heard Dongwoo laugh quietly.

I smiled to myself. If Sandra heard that, she would be delighted.

 

After we got in her house, Sandra skipped to her kitchen. Her house was structured exactly like mine, except she had a second floor. Her second floor was empty with mirrors hug on the walls and a hardwood floor. She basically had a dance studio upstairs.

I followed behind Sandra and Joie tailed behind me, remembering that I had his food. "Whoa there Joie!" Woohyun struggled to hold on to the leash.

I pulled out a spare dog bowl from a shelf and placed it on the floor. Joie wagged his tail excitedly, then stopped and focused his eyes on the bag of food, never losing eye contact with it.

I moved the bag slowly from side to side then drew shapes with it in the air. Joie's eyes and head followed the bag wherever it went. I squatted down; Joie's eyes followed.

"What are you doing?" Woohyun asked, amused.

I snapped out of it and looked up at him. "Huh?"

"Nothing," Woohyun chuckled.

I looked at Woohyun, wondering what he asked, until I felt a tug on the bag of food. I looked down and saw that Joie had grabbed the bag with his teeth and pulled. Before I could stop him, the bag ripped and the dog food spilled onto the floor. Half of it landed in the bowl. I sighed, "Sandy, where's your dustpan?"

"Hm, why? Oh... I'll go get it!" Sandra left the kitchen, leaving me with Joie and Woohyun.

I heard the boys in the living talking to each other when I suddenly heard a yell. "Ah!" Sandra yelped. I jumped and looked at Woohyun. He shrugged and peeked in the living room. I quickly got up and went to see what happened. "Sandra!" I called out worriedly.

When I got to the living room, I saw the boys sitting on the couches, looking surprised at Sandra, while Sandra's legs were hanging over the back of the couch. The rug under the couches was a little folded. "Sandra...?"

"I'm okay...!" I heard her mumble.

She squirmed on the couch, unable to get up. Woohyun and I laughed quietly at her attempt. Dongwoo, who was next to her on the couch, helped her up. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern.

Sandra held her head and blushed, nodding in response. I smiled to myself and returned to the kitchen.

"Sandra, I don't need a dustpan anymore! Joie ate all the food that was on the ground," I sighed, shaking my head.

Woohyun was beside me, laughing, "She fell on nothing!"

~=

author's note ;

Please comment and subscribe! I appreciate it ♥