~ oo1 ;

` Summer Fun ;

author's note ; 

I got too excited, so here's chapter 1! (: Enjoy~

~=

"Seoyoung-ah, I'm going to go see my family for the summer, okay? You're 18 now, so I know you can take care of yourself," Nanny tucked a strand of hair behind my ear kissed my forehead and.

I nodded and smiled, "Of course. Say hi to your family for me. I hope you have fun, and stay safe! I'll miss you!"

Nanny gave me a quick hug before gathering her things and going into security check. I waited and watched until she went past security before I took my leave.

I hailed a cab for the long ride from the airport home. Before I left, the lobby of the airport erupted in screams. 'I guess it's some celebrity,' I thought to myself, before getting in the cab.

--

"Please make way!" a security guard yelled, trying to hold off the fans as the door opened, revealing seven, handsome men.

Their faces were covered by sunglasses and hats, trying to conceal their identity, but failed to. They smiled to their fans and waved a bit.

"I love you L!"

"I love you Woohyun!"

"You guys are the best!"

"Saranghaeyo Infinite!" the fans screamed in excitement.

"I didn't know we had this many fans in America," Sungyeol thought aloud as he smiled at the signs with his name written on it in Hangul.

"Me neither," Dongwoo laughed, "This is awesome!"

When the seven reached their van outside, Woohyun and Sunggyu turned around and sent them Woohyun's signature aegyo heart. This caused the fans to scream louder. Sunggyu and Woohyun quickly got into the driver and passenger seat up front and drove off. Sunggyu's phone went off a little after they left the airport.

"It's manager hyung! Woohyun, can you get that for me?" Sunggyu focused on the road; it's been a while since he last drove. He didn’t want to mess up now.

"Yeah yeah," Woohyun muttered as he reached for the phone. "Hello?"

"Are you boys safe? Was the plane ride okay? Sunggyu, do you still remember how to drive?" Manager asked worriedly.

"Yes yes," Woohyun laughed as he put the phone on speaker.

"Hi manager hyung! Thanks for letting us take a break in America!" the boys said simultaneously.

Manager sighed, "You guys deserve it after ranking so high and working so hard on your English."

The seven boys smiled proudly, thinking about all the achievements they earned in the past year. "Well I'll let you boys be. I'll call every once and a while, okay? And don't forget your flight home in a few weeks! I'm going to work you guys extra hard when you come back!"

"Got it!" and the call ended just like that.

"So, what should we do first after we get to the beach house?" Sunggyu asked.

"Let's go to the beach!" Sungjong said excitedly.

"No no, let's save that for another day. Let's just explore the beach house and the area around there. How does that sound?" Woohyun decided.

The boys all nodded in agreement while Sungjong pouted, looking out the window. "Fine," he sighed in defeat.

Woohyun smiled in victory, proud of himself for thinking of that idea. He turned to look outside and unconsciously watched a girl jog outside. She was listening to music on her iPod nano, which was strapped to her wrist. Her ponytail swayed from side to side with each step. Woohyun looked over her features; 'She looks familiar...'

Before he realized it, the car came to a stop in front of their beach house. "Woohyun hyung, stop ogling girls, we're here!" Hoya nudged Woohyun, snapping him back to reality.

Dongwoo laughed at Hoya's comment and high-fived him. "That's not funny!" Woohyun exclaimed, full of embarrassment, "And I was not ogling her!"

"If you weren't ogling her, then what were you doing?" Sungyeol snickered.

"I-I... She...! Ugh!" Woohyun sighed in frustration, unable to form a sentence.

"Let's just get the keys, the owner is waiting for us," Sunggyu laughed as he pulled the rest of the luggage out of the trunk.

The boys slipped on their sunglasses and hats to disguise themselves. Even though they were overseas, they knew they were still quite popular. Can't risk being found out so early on their vacation!

The owner was a nice woman in her 40s. She gave them a tour of the house and recommended some tourist sites, restaurants and finally, handed over the keys. "Please enjoy your stay here! If you have any problems, feel free to call me. The people around here are really nice too. I'll see you in a few weeks!" she waved and closed the front door behind her.

"How about we unpack first, to get that out of the way?" Sunggyu suggested.

The others thought for a moment, "Nah! Let's just go explore!" They hurried out the door before Sunggyu could protest. He quickly followed after them after he locked the door. "Guys, wait up for me!" he called out desperately.

--

I heard a dog whine from behind the gate as I slowed to a stop. I wiped the sweat away from my forehead and unlocked the gate. "Joie, I'm home!"

The dog barked happily and came out from the doggy door and up to me. Joie was a medium-sized golden retriever. He jumped up, standing on his two hind legs, with his paws on my legs. He wagged his tail excitedly.

I smiled at him and patted his head before prying his paws off my legs and entering the house. My house only has one floor; on the right was the kitchen and dining room and on the left were a couple doors that led to the bedrooms and my living room. I stretched and took a quick, refreshing shower. I sat down on the hardwood floor of my living room and clapped my hands, beckoning Joie to come to me.

He happily obliged, scurrying over to me and sat between my legs. His mouth was open as he panted. I patted the area behind his ears then pulled him close to me into a hug. Joie my face as I sighed.

With my friends off on their own vacation, I had nothing to do. I'm forced to spend my summer alone. I sighed again and stood up. I clapped my hands together and lead Joie to the door. "Come here Joie, let's go for a walk."

I slipped on a pair of black flip flops and a light jacket over my orange tank top and grey soffe shorts. When I opened the door, the wind rushed in and Joie excitedly bounded out the door. I hurried after him after locking the door and gate. ‘Why is this dog is so excited?’ I laughed.

Joie ran around the corner and out of my sight. I panicked a little when I heard him bark, then I realized Joie's barking sounded like he was happily greeting someone. As I neared the corner, I heard masculine voices.

"He's so cute! Hey, he doesn't have a collar! Can we keep him?" A voice said in fluent Korean.

I panicked again and rushed around the corner. "No, you can't!" I said in Korean.

"N-n-no!" someone else said at the same time.

There were seven pairs of eyes looking at me in surprise. I looked back at them, embarrassed. I quickly squatted down and called out in English nervously, "Joie, come here!"

Joie looked at me, and then looked up at the boy he was in front of. Joie looked back at me and sat down in his spot. I gaped at him; did he really just do that? ‘Bon never disobeys me,’ I pouted.

I forgot about the seven boys until one of them cleared their throat, "Hi," he said in Korean, back leaning, somewhat clinging, on the wall. He was the one that said 'no' before. 'I guess he's afraid of dogs,' I chuckled.

I stood up and took a good look at the boys. They looked awfully familiar. "Hi," I smiled, "Are you guys the ones that recently moved into Mrs. Smith's beach house?"

"Yes, we are. My name is Kim Sunggyu," he stepped forward and held out his hand and gave me a cute eye smile.

I blushed and shook his hand, "My name is Kim Seoyoung. I live right around the corner. Wait... Sunggyu? Kim Sunggyu from Infinite?"

I quickly took my hand back. I just shook hands with a famous KPOP idol. I laughed nervously, blood rushing to my face.

"Relax, we're normal people! We're on vacation right now," a boy, I recognized to be Dongwoo, laughed.

"Isn't she the one Woohyun hyung was staring at before?" I heard Sungjong's high-pitched voice whisper.

Hoya looked at me, then back at Sungjong, and nodded slyly. Sungjong nudged Woohyun, who was looking down at the dog that sat at his feet.

Woohyun looked up and covered his cheeks with his hands. He could feel the heat in his cheeks. 'Why did they have to mention it? I bet she heard.'

"It's just... She looks like Kibum's younger sister!" he stuttered.

Kibum. Key. My loving brother. My eyes widened. "You know Key oppa?" I asked with hope.

"Yeah, we're pretty close," Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck smugly. "He showed me pictures of you, talking about how cute his little sister was... And how much he missed her."

I grinned; he never forgot about me. If he’s friends with Key oppa, I can trust them. "Well, do you want me to take you around?"

"Sure, that would be awesome," Sunggyu replied, quickly coming to my side, avoiding Joie.

Dongwoo and Hoya were playing with the dog happily, not realizing their friends leaving. “Hey, YaDong, we’re leaving you behind!” Sungyeol waved goodbye to the couple.

Dongwoo and Hoya quickly stood up, laughing, and urged the dog to follow them as they ran to catch up to us. I laughed out loud, “YaDong?”

--

I brought them around the neighborhood and showed them little shops. We chatted along the way, talking about their debut and successes, relations with Key and their TV shows. Sunggyu jumped whenever Joie got close to him, and we all laughed. By the time we got back to their beach house, it was dinner time. I felt so comfortable with them; it’s like we’ve been friends since forever.

"Do you guys want to come to my house for dinner?" I asked, not really thinking about what I asked.

"That's a great idea Seoyoung-sshi!" Sungjong took my hand and skipped towards my house, dragging me along behind him.

"Are you sure? Where's your house?" Sunggyu asked, trying to keep up with us.

"Like I said before, right around the corner... Right there," I pointed to my house when we turned the corner.

"You live so close to us," Dongwoo grinned.

"What do you guys want eat?" I ushered them in through the gate while Joie rushed through his little dog door. I can't believe he still fits through.

"Do you live alone?" Woohyun asked with concern.

"For the summer I will be. My nanny went to visit her family and Umma and Appa are on a business trip. I'm used to it, though. Nothing to worry about. Plus, I'm 18. I’m old enough!" I declared as I unlocked the door and waited until they went in the house before getting in myself.

I kicked my flip flops off and headed for the kitchen. I motioned towards the couches and television in the living room, "Make yourselves at home."

Joie was sitting in the center of the living room, tail wagging excitedly, waiting for them to play with him. I smiled and turned towards the kitchen. "I-I'll help you!" Sunggyu quickly called after me.

"Why are you so afraid of dogs?" I laughed as I entered the kitchen.

"They're scary..." Sunggyu muttered.

"That's not much of a reason..." I giggled, but didn't push further. "So, what do you guys want to eat?"

"Well, since we're in America, we might as well eat American food?" Sunggyu thought aloud.

"Then you want to eat hamburgers?" I asked, unsure. I normally ate all kinds of foods, not really paying attention to what type of cuisine it was.

"Um, I guess so,” he laughed. “You can cook good burgers?" he asked surprised.

"Don't underestimate me!" I said proudly, then added quietly, "I cheat."

I pulled out a couple patties from a Costco box in my freezer and followed the instructions. "Grab the tomatoes, cheese and lettuce from the right door of the fridge. There's a cutting board behind the faucet and knives next to the sink, found them?" I ordered as I warmed up the pan and flipped the first batch of patties.

"Ah, y-yes!" Sunggyu said, a little overwhelmed.

"I'm sorry," I laughed. "Hand me a slice of cheese?"

Sunggyu placed the stack of cheese next to the stove and placed the cutting board on the countertop next to the stove. "Ah, I forgot! The buns are on my left, near the light switch. Can't forget the buns, right?" I laughed.

Sunggyu didn't respond, since he was focused on cutting. I giggled at how focused he was. He noticed my giggle and looked up at me questioningly. "Ah!" Sunggyu jumped.

He lifted his finger and saw blood trickle down his finger. Panicking, I turned the fire down to low and hurried off to find the band-aids. I opened cabinet after cabinet before rushing back with a band-aid, a q-tip and some ointment.

I gently took his hand and ran the injured figure under the sink while twisting the cap off the tube of ointment. I swiftly dried and applied some ointment onto the cut and wrapped it with the band-aid. "Wow, that was fast. Thank you," Sunggyu smiled.

"Is dinner almost ready?" a voice asked from behind.

I quickly released Sunggyu's hands and blushed. "No, it's not done yet."

"Aw man..." Dongwoo retreated back to the living room, announcing to the rest that dinner wasn't ready.

I resumed cooking, quickly grilling the rest of the patties, while Sunggyu put them together silently. When I turned off the gas stove and handed the last patty to Sunggyu, I went to call the others. “Hey guys, din-“

Joie suddenly started barking and ran towards the door. He slipped through his little doggy door, leaving the boys bewildered and confused. They grew quiet and I listened for any sound outside. "Oh Joie, you little cutie! Well, you're not so small anymore," a cheery voice laughed outside. "Did you miss me, Joie? I sure as heck missed you!"

I heard a few footsteps, each step a little closer to the door, then the doorbell rang. I looked towards the boys and panicked. I recognized that voice, and she was the one that introduced me to Infinite. She would freak if she saw them here in my living room.

The doorbell rang again.

'What do I do?'

~=

author's note ;

Hope you liked it! Please tell me what you think!