~ oo4 ;

` Summer Fun ;

 

author's note ;

And here's chapter 4! (: Enjoy~

~=

I slowly blinked my eyes awake and rubbed them a bit. I looked to my left and sighed. Sandra was still fast asleep with dry tears staining her cheeks. I contemplated going out for my daily morning jog then decided it was best to stay with Sandra.

I got up and heard Sandra whimper. I looked at her with worried eyes. "Daddy... Don't leave me..."

My heart felt like it got pinched. Sandra looked so heartbroken. I quietly went into the bathroom next door and washed my face.

I headed for the kitchen and heard a rustling behind me. I looked behind me and saw Sandra lying comfortably on the bed with her arms and legs spread out through the opened door.

I rummaged through the cupboards and refrigerator, the oven and grabbed a pan from beneath the sink. After drizzling some oil onto the pan, I cracked an egg and flinched when it sizzled and popped, some of the oil jumping onto my hands.

"Unnie!" I whipped my head around in alarm.

I quickly set the eggs and sausages onto a plate and ran to Sandra's room. "What's wrong?"

"I-I thought you left," Sandra whispered.

"I told you I'd stay. Go wash up, I made you some breakfast."

Sandra looked at me with relief and thanks before heading to the bathroom. I set the plates and eating utensils on the table. When I placed the last fork on the table, Sandra came in yawning and rubbing her tired puffy eyes. She sat down and bowed her head in prayer. I smiled and waited for her to finish. I saw a tear trickle down her cheek before she opened her eyes again. She looked at me and blushed, "You didn't have to wait."

"I don't mind," I picked up my fork and began to eat my eggs and sausages.

"Your fried egg tastes the same as Dad's..." Sandra smiled sadly.

I bit my lip and smiled, "Thank you. Your dad is such an awesome cook."

She nodded and squeezed her eyes shut for a second. "What do-" I was cut off by the doorbell.

"I'll be right back," Sandra mumbled before getting up to get the door.

I nodded and watched her trudge out the kitchen and towards the door.

"Good morning!" I heard Dongwoo say cheerfully.

Sandra smiled and bowed her head a little, "Morning. What brings you guys here?"

"We were wondering if you could take us around the beach today."

I got up and put the empty plates in the sink before going to the door. "Sure, I don't see why not," I replied.

Sandra looked at Infinite then turned to me with an uncertain face. "I'm not letting you sulk at home," I stated firmly, narrowing my eyes at her.

Sandra meekly nodded. "Alright!" Infinite cheered.

They already had their bags and clothes ready. Sandra invited them in to sit down while she and I got ready. "I'll be back with my stuff," I said, before slipping my shoes on and going across the street to my house.

I quickly gathered my stuff, changed, and rushed back over. When I got back, I saw Sandra sitting quietly on the floor with the guys while they talked and joked around. She slowly combed Joie’s hair, who sat next to her. Dongwoo snuck a few glances at her from time to time. He wasn't sure how he should cheer her up.

"Back. Let's head out!" I raised my hands in the air excitedly.

Even though I've been living by the beach for so long now, I still loved going to the beach. I spread my arms apart and yelled, "Beach!"

"Shouldn't you be used to the beach?" Woohyun questioned from behind.

"I'll never get tired of the beach," I huffed.

Woohyun chuckled, "Sure, sure."

We set our stuff down in an isolated part of the beach. I laid out my blanket and stuck a large beach umbrella into the sand before lying down and putting my hands behind my head, ready to relax. The boys plopped their stuff down next to my blanket and ran towards the ocean. Joie came up beside me and my face excitedly. “Go have fun!” I pointed towards the sea.

 

He me one last time and ran towards the water.

Sandra sat beside me with a solemn expression. Her eyes were focused on the floor. Dongwoo frowned at Sandra's unenthusiastic behavior. "Sandra, come play with us!" he yelled, running back from the water.

Sandra kept her gaze on the sand in front of her. I nudged her a little, snapping her out of her daze. "Hey, cheer up Sandra. Your parents would want you to be more than ha-"

"Like you would know," Sandra snapped.

I gave her a look. "Hey. I know you're upset. I know I can't relate. But you don't need to respond like that," I snapped back.

Sandra sighed and ruffled her hair a bit. "I'm sorry," she sincerely apologized. "I don't know what to do anymore," she admitted.

"Enjoy life for your parents. It's as simple as that," I flicked my head towards the incoming Dongwoo.

Sandra looked at me thankfully. "You're the best."

"I know," I said in mock arrogance. "But you're not too bad yourself, or Dongwoo wouldn't be chasing after you," I joked.

Sandra blushed as Dongwoo stopped in front of us. "Sandra, come play with us! Seoyoung, you too!"

We nodded our heads and got up. Dongwoo grabbed our hands and skipped back, pulling us along. Sandra and I laughed as he playfully pushed us into the cold sea water. The rest of the boys gathered around us and started splashing us. "That's not fair!" Sandra pouted.

Dongwoo stopped, a look of guilt washed over his face. Hoya stopped too, and nudged him. "Hey man, don't fall for that!"

Sandra's pout changed to a smirk in a matter of seconds and started getting her revenge on Dongwoo and Hoya. She genuinely laughed, causing Dongwoo to smile. 'Good to know she's okay.'

 

“See, I told you!” Hoya yelled, running away from his attacker.

~=

author's note ;

Another update coming right up! Just for Christmas ;)