~ oo5 ;

` Summer Fun ;

 

author's note ;

And here's chapter 5! (: Enjoy~

~=

After a few hours of splashing in the water, building sand castles and just plain lying down in the sand, relaxing under the warm summer sun, we decided it was time to go.

I glanced down at my phone, checking the time. Sunggyu came over, hair still a little wet from playing in the water. "Wow, it's past noon already?" he asked, looking over my shoulder.

I nodded. "You guys hungry?" I asked.

"Starving," Sungyeol and Sandra simultaneously whined.

They looked at each other and laughed. "Jinx, you owe me a soda!" Sandra giggled.

"Wha- that's not fair!" Sungyeol pouted.

Sandra blew a blasphemy and walked away with her nose in the air. I smiled at Sandra. She's really back to normal again. 'Mr. And Mrs. Lin in heaven, I'll take care of your little girl!' I looked at the sky, sending off my promise. I could've sworn I saw a star twinkle my way.

"What are you doing? I'm hungry!" Sandra linked her arms with mine and pulled me towards the boardwalk.

"Alright, alright!" I laughed.

The boys followed behind us as we looked through the different food stalls on the boardwalk. "There's so much to pick from," Sandra sarcastically said after we left the fourth seafood stall.

"What do you expect, Sandy? We're by the ocean, after all."

Sandra gave me a look that said 'I hate that you're right.' I smirked at her and looked behind us. "Where'd they go?" I gasped.

Sandra looked confused then realized I was talking about Infinite. "Oh no! You go that way and I'll go that way!" Sandra hurried off to the left.

"I hope no one recognizes and mobs them..." I muttered.

"Recognize and mob who?" Sunggyu whispered.

I jumped a little and started to blush, realizing how close he was to me. He was leaning over, face next to mine. "I don't want you guys to get attacked by crazy die-hard fans," I squeaked.

Sunggyu stood upright and nodded in understanding. "How did you guys split up?" I let out a sigh of relief.

"Some people stopped to look at stuff while others kept walking. In the end, we got split up," Sunggyu shrugged.

I furrowed my brows. "How are we going to find everyone? There's so many people since it's a boardwalk," I said exasperated.

"We'll find a way," Sunggyu reassured.

Sunggyu's calmness was contagious. I relaxed and just hoped Sandra finds them and stays with them. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Well-"

"Oh look! I love this game!" I rushed over to a stall with targets and stationary water guns.

I turned to look at Sunggyu and narrowed my eyes, "I challenge you!"

Sunggyu chuckled at me. "Now let's be fair. I bet you've played this a lot."

I bit my lip, "Okay, you caught me. I bet you can still beat me."

"What do I get if I win?" Sunggyu raised a brow.

"Um... A prize?"

Sunggyu smirked, "That's it?"

"I'll... Buy you ice cream from there! It's really good!" I pointed innocently at the nearby ice cream stall.

"Sure," Sunggyu laughed.

"And if I win... You have to perform something for me!"

"Hey, that's not fair. You get a performance while I get ice cream?" Sunggyu pouted.

"Fine! I'll... Dance. There. How about I dance. Sandra taught me one of your dances."

"Awesome! I can't wait," he said slyly.

Sunggyu and I took our seats in front of water guns 3 and 4 respectively and paid 10 dollars each. "Ready, start!" the worker pushed the button.

"And... Number 3 is our winner!"

I looked between Sunggyu's water gauge and my own. "No!" I sighed.

Sunggyu looked at me smugly, "Which prize do you want?"

"Shouldn't you pick? You're the one who won," I huffed.

"Just pick," Sunggyu motioned towards the stuffed animals that hung behind the worker.

I sighed and closed my eyes, letting fate decide my prize. I pointed at something and peeked my eyes open. Sunggyu quickly covered my eyes before I could see the prize. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing. I just... Didn't want you to open your eyes yet."

"Okay..."

Sunggyu finally uncovered my eyes and my eyes widened. The prize I picked was a huge peach colored teddy bear. "I've always wanted one! Oh wait it's-"

"Yours," Sunggyu pushed the huge plushy into my arms.

"What, why? You're so weird."

"I can't wait to see the dance," Sunggyu grinned.

I zipped my mouth shut and looked away, blushing. 'I forgot.'

"I bet your forgot. But that's okay, 'cause I won't forget," Suggyu winked. "Hey I think I see the Maknaes over by that seafood stand."

"Um... I can't see," I held onto the bear with one arm and flailed the other. "This thing is so big!"

Sunggyu let out a chuckle and took the bear from me. "Here, I'll hold it 'cause I can still see when I carry it."

"Hey, Maknaes!" Sunggyu yelled.

The three looked up and around until they spotted us. They waved and walked over to us with food in their mouths and hands. "The food here is so yummy!" Sungjong said excitedly after swallowing.

"Yeah, so good!" Sungyeol said with cheeks full of food.

Myungsoo just nodded his head, but had a pleased look on his face. "Well, of course it is! We live by the sea, so we should have fresh and yummy seafood," I shrugged.

"So, have you guys seen the rest? Sandra too?" Sunggyu asked.

"Wha- Why are you keeping the big fluffy bear Sunggyu hyung!" Sungjong accused.

"No, no. I'm going to give to Seoyoung when we get back. She can't see with it," Sunggyu explained.

Myungsoo raised his brow and looked between us before finishing up his food. Sungyeol smiled cheekily and went to throw out his food with Myungsoo at a nearby garbage can.

"He so likes her," Sungyeol whispered.

Myungsoo smirked and nodded in agreement.

"Let's go find the others! I'm starving," I declared after Myungsoo and Sungyeol returned.

Sungjong offered his leftovers to me and I shook my head. He lightly pushed the food into my hands and walked over to Sungyeol before I could refuse again. I sighed and ate the rest, smiling in content.

--

After Sandra parted with Seoyoung, she bumped into Dongwoo on the boardwalk.

"Hey!" Sandra waved excitedly.

"Hey Sandra. You found me!" Dongwoo laughed.

"Have you seen Hoya or Woohyun?" she frowned.

Dongwoo shook his head. Sandra sighed and looked towards the ocean. "Mom used to always bring me here to play," she closed her eyes, remembering the past.

Dongwoo grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "Don't get stuck in the past," he comforted.

Sandra turned and looked Dongwoo. "Thanks," she smiled.

"Hey Dong-" someone called but was stopped.

Dongwoo and Sandra looked around to see who it was and spotted Woohyun with his hand covering Hoya's mouth. Woohyun quickly let go and sighed, shoulders deflating in defeat.

"You interrupted a moment," Woohyun whispered.

"Oops," Hoya looked away innocently.

Dongwoo looked at his hand holding Sandra's and quickly let go, embarrassed. "Hey guys," Sandra smiled.

"Let's go eat before looking for the others. I'm starving!" Sandra put her hand over her grumbling stomach.

Dongwoo smiled and nodded. "Let's go!"

~=

author's note ;

Anyway, Merry Christmas guys! Hope you have a good one with family/friends/whoever ♥