~ oo3 ;

` Summer Fun ;

 

author's note ;

And here's chapter 3! (: Enjoy~

~=

"Ah, I'm so full! The food was delicious!"

"Yeah, so yummy!"

"That's good. This was a family recipe that my dad invented," Sandra smiled at the boys then started picking up their plates and bowls.

Dongwoo, Sunggyu and I simultaneously got up with plates in our hands, ready to help her. Sandra looked at us surprised, "You guys don't have to help."

"It's a lot of plates though," I frowned.

Sandra pursed her lips, "Then y-"

"Dongwoo, you help her. I need to take care of Joie," I decided, swiftly handing him the plates.

He smiled at me then walked over to the sink. Before turning around, I saw Sandra's cheeks turn a soft pink. I smiled at her and gave her a thumbs-up. I knew how much she adored Dongwoo.

"Hey, I'll help you with Joie," Myungsoo tapped my shoulder.

"Ah, o-"

"I want to help too!" Hoya sang.

Hoya half walked, half skipped over to Joie. I giggled at his childish-ness. I saw Sunggyu glance at Joie, frown, and then follow the rest of the boys to the living room. I sighed and shook my head,
‘He's still scared.'

"So what is it you need to do?" Myungsoo asked.

"Well..."

"You just wanted to get Dongwoo hyung and Sandra together, huh?" he chuckled.

"Oops, I'm caught," I stuck my tongue out. "Well, I should clean up the bowls."

"Okay," Myungsoo laughed.

Myungsoo grabbed the bowl and placed it in the sink where Sandra was washing the bowls. "Oh, I'll take care of that," she said.

He walked back to my spot and smirked. "Done."

I rolled my eyes and joined the boys in the living room. Hoya brought Joie over and the boys played around with him. I glanced back towards the kitchen, 'I hope they're not being awkward.'


--

"Thanks for helping me," Sandra smiled shyly at Dongwoo.

"Ah, no problem!" Dongwoo replied with a sheepish smile.

The two stayed quiet while they washed and dried the dishes. The silence started to get awkward.

"So..." Sandra started.

"By the way..." Dongwoo said simultaneously. "Ah, you go first!" he said quickly.

"Um..." Dongwoo looked at her expectingly, "Uh... What were you going to ask?" Sandra laughed nervously.

Dongwoo laughed, "Seoyoung says you introduced our music to her. How long have you been listening?"

"I found out about you guys last year when you filmed Sesame Player. I thought you guys were," Sandra paused, "Cute and funny," she said almost inaudible.

Dongwoo smiled, "I see. Did you watch all our other shows? Like You Are My Oppa?"

Sandra nodded. "Were you jealous of Jiae?" Dongwoo joked.

"Maybe," Sandra mumbled, "Yes."

"Anyway," Sandra said quickly, "Your English has improved a lot."

"Haha, thanks," Dongwoo laughed, "You're not Korean right?"

"Oh, yeah... I'm not. I'm Taiwanese."

"Oh really," Dongwoo hummed.

Sandra handed Dongwoo the last dish and dried her hands with a nearby towel. "Thanks for helping."

"It's nothing, really," Dongwoo grinned.

At that moment, the phone rang. "I got it!" I yelled.

I hurried over to the nearest wall phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak with Miss Lin?"

"Sandra, it's for you!"

Sandra skipped over to me, grinning. 'She must be happy from talking to Dongwoo.' "Hello? This is her speaking."

I smiled at Sandra then turned to go back to the guys. A hand stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked at the hand then followed my eyes up to Sandra and saw her face turn gloomy. "What happened, Sandra?"

A single tear fell, then another, then another. "Sandra?" I held onto her shoulders.

"Thanks for calling," she whispered, then placed the phone back on the wall.

"Sandra what happened?" I asked again.

"Is something wro- Sandra!" Dongwoo asked worriedly.

"They were mugged and killed." Sandra choked.

"W-what?" Dongwoo asked in shock.

I quickly pulled Sandra into an embrace without another word. I shook my head at Dongwoo, signaling that he shouldn't question it anymore. She quietly cried into my chest. I frowned and looked up. The boys were quiet and had worried expressions on their faces. Sunggyu stood up, "Should we go?" he mouthed.

I looked down at Sandra, who was still crying hard, and nodded slowly. The boys quietly got up and headed for the door. Dongwoo still stood rooted to his spot. I could see that he didn't want to leave Sandra in this state. "Dongwoo," Sunggyu stated firmly.

I watched as Dongwoo furrowed his brows, took one last look at Sandra, and followed Sunggyu out the door.

"Please stay..." Sandra whispered. "I don't want to be alone."

I nodded. "Of course I will," I replied softly.

I released Sandra and followed her into her bedroom. She fell onto her bed and sighed. "Why?" I heard her mumble.

Joie came into the room and looked up at Sandra with curious eyes. He could feel the depressed atmosphere and decided to settle down in a corner. I patted Joie’s head; he’s such a good dog.

I climbed into her bed and pulled her close. Sandra truly loved her parents. Now that they're gone... I sighed. In the dark, I could see Sandra quietly crying herself to sleep. I frowned and patted her head. "I'll be right here," I whispered reassuringly.

"Thanks," she hiccuped.

~=

author's note ;

Ooohhh, so dramatic. LOL.... Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter! (: Please comment and subscribe ♥