Chapter 8 - The Hospital

Am i in love with you?

*FLASHBACK*

The day was cold and the wind was blowing strong. I looked at her, "You sure you wanna go collecting seashells today Hyun Hyo? Looks like its gonna rain." 

She nodded her head, pulling on her raincoat and boots, "All set!" 

I was hesitant about it at first but seeing how excited she was about picking those seashells, we headed out for the beach. 

The lightning flashed. The thunders roared. 


I woke up, startled by the loud noise.

Why was I dreaming about that day? Why is it that my dreams are coming more frequently these days? What does it mean? What am I supposed to feel? It feels as though these dreams as coming back to tell me something or ... I dont know... Oh god I really dont know... I cupped my face.

I looked out the window. Oh its raining. I looked around in the hospital room. The members were sitting around, using their phones. Outside, Bang PD-nim, Namjoon hyung and some other people were talking to the doctor. Then I turned over to the hospital bed. She looks so in peace, despite her red face. As though she had missing out on sleep for the past couple of nights. She actually looks kinda... nice to look at.

Just then, Namjoon hyung came into the room, "The doctor said that its her allergy reaction. It could have been worse had she not been rushed to the hospital soon. She just needs some and rest and she should be fine" 

Jimin hyung heaved in relief. The other members smiled and nodded their head. 

"Is there actually such an allergy? I mean can one really be allegic to coffee?" V asked, scratching his head, looking at Hyun Hyo. 

"Well, people can even be allergic to idiots so I dont see why not" Suga said heading for the door "Im gonna go head out to buy some drinks. Any orders?"

Suddenly the room door slammed open, "BAM!" 


It all happened so quick. The only thing that was on my mind was Hyun Hyo. I slammed the door opened and rushed, only to bump and fall on top of someone! 

Thud 

I looked up and found myself lying on top of this person. His arms grabbed me around my back. I looked at him. 

Time stood still. 

His eyes. I've met him before. Our gaze locked. Oh its him. The guy from that night. The night I was alone and went out for a drink. The guy who carried me ack to my apartment after I was completely sober. 


I grabbed her.

Reflexes.

Oh jeez shes heavy. 

She laid on top of me, eyes shocked. But her eyes, it was familiar... 

"Im so sorry! I didnt mea- I didnt see you!" she said, getting off me quick "Are you okay! Im so so-" 

"Ahjusshi?" 

Excuse me? 


Oh no he looks annoyed. 

"You know each other?" one of the guys in the room asked. 

"Uh- well, we met once. At the drink stall..." he said, hoping the members wouldnt probe further. 

Oh no please dont say anything else. The memories of me being drunk and crying out my breakup story to a random stranger at the street drink stall. Oh no... I hope that he would forget about that night... Please help me. 

The others just simply nodded their head. Thankfully.

I gave a nervous smile but my attention was immediately on the hospital bed. 

"Oh Hyun Hyo... Are you okay babe?" I asked, walking and leaning over to my best friend who was still lying, deep in her sleep. I her hair. I'm not sure if I was bitter or angry but I barked, "How did this happen?! She isnt the type who would just drink coffee. Why would she anyways?" 

I looked around the room and scanned their faces. Some of them looked a little surprised by my sudden outburst. 

"I... It was because of me" a small voice cracked fom the side of the room. Everyone turned to him. 

Jeon Jungkook. 


"I... It was because of me" I said, gathering courage. 

I swear if her eyes were weapons, I'd be so dead. Her stare was so intense and cold.

"You?!" she raised her voice.

I gulped. 

"How much more pain are you gonna make her go through? Did you not know that your disgusting and rude behaviour made her smile a little less? Or that she has additional stress every time shes home because she just doesnt know what she did to make you treat her like that and how or what she has to do to make things better with you!" she scoffed "And dont think I dont know what happened at the cafe either!" 

Her stare pierced through me. 

"Cafe? But I thought you said that things were fine at the cafe?" Jin hyung asked me.

"Fine? Oh please, I dont think anyone can be as rude and crude as him" She continued, her stare still on me. 

I couldnt deny that guilt filled evry cell of my body. 

Im screwed. 


"uhh... Miss Jin Rin right?" the ajusshi asked me. 

I looked at him, maintaining a stern face. 

"Look, Im sorry that we were'nt able to treat her well. None of us knew that she was allergic to caffeine and as for Jungkook's behaviour..." he glanced and motioned Jungkook to continue.

"I-Im sorry." he said, his voice a little soft than before and looked down. 

The others looked at me, as though waiting for my response.

"Well, isnt it a littl-" I said 

"She's awake!"


I opened my eyes slowly. Everything was still a little blur. I blinked a few more times and in front of me were 8 bodies, around my bed. 

"What-Where am I? Jin Rin?" I asked, trying to sit up. 

She pushed me back down, "You need to rest. You had an allergy attack. Youre lucky this time isnt as bad as the last attack." 

Oooh... 

"Sorry everyone... I didnt mean to shock or burden you..." I said, head bowing to the members.

"No no dont say that! We are just relieved that you are awake and better now." JHope said, smiling. 

"You must be hungry. Do you want anything to eat?" Jimin asked with a really warm and comforting smile. 

I shook my head and smiled. I was looking around the room and the clock caught my attention. 

"OMG! Guys its already 11pm! You guys need to go back now! You need the rest! Theres gonna be another practice tomorrow and its gonna be tiring so please go" I said, finally remembering about their schedule, "I dont think I'll recovery well and fast if I'm gonna be worried about you guys! Go Go"

"Yah! Worry about yourself first!" Jin Rin nudged before adding, "Well, shes right. I dont know about your schedule or whatever but you guys do need the rest. You look worned out. Go on." 

Namjoon looked at his wrist watch and agreed. He told the other members to get ready to leave, popping his head out of the room and informing the managers outside about their departure. 


What's this feeling? Why am I feeling this weird sensation when I saw her eyes open? Jeon Jungkook, are you actually relieved that she is awake? Dont tell me you care for her... No...No... Its probably just because im guilty... 

But, I gotta admit. It did feel nice to see her awake. 

While everyone else was trying to check up on her and asked if she was alright, I cant help but stare at her. She looks so small, so vulnerable, so in need of constant care and protection... She is exactly just like... Like my dearest dead younger sister. Jeon Hyun Hyo. 

"Yah lets go" Jin hyung tapped me on my shoulder and broke my chain of thoughts. I looked at Hyun Hyo and bowed before heading out. 


Did he just bowed at me?

Oh my. Wait I cant be seeing things right? I really did see that happening right? OMG JEON JUNGKOOK FINALLY! 

I must have been an idiot for not being able to hide my dreamy smile as my eyes trailed him leaving the room. 

"What the hell was that about?" Jin Rin asked, noticing my face. 

I shook of that dreamy look and smiled at her. I knew what I was in for next.

"Why did you break your promise? Why did you drink coffee? I mean you know very well the consequences that will happen to you ye-" 

Oh no she started nagging. Again. 

"Ok ok Im sorry .... I promise I wont make you worried again alrights?" I said, trying to make her stop her nagging while showing my most biggest smile I could ever show anyone. 

She doesnt look convinced and was about to continue until she was disturbed by her ringing phone. 

"Oh what does he want now"


"Im heading out for a light snack. You guys head off without me first" Suga hyung said after we got off from the lift. 

No one bothered to comment, not even the managers. Everyone knew better than piss a hungry Suga off. That's the reason why he would sneak out sometimes in the middle of the night and no one would say anything because honestly, he would be like the last member who would do stupid stuff so the managers are kinda flexible with him wandering around. So long as he returns safe by the next morning. 

Just as we were about to reach the entrance of the hospital, I reach out to my side pocket, looking for my phone. It wasnt there. Then it hit me, while we were in the room, I had taken out my phone and placed it on the window ledge because it was getting in the way of me having a comfortable sit on the chair.

Seriously? 

"Hyung! I left my phone in the room!" I said. 

"What?!" V hyung said. 

I pointed at the lift. "Upstairs. By the window ledge" 

"Seriously? You better hurry then! Dont take longer than 5 minutes or you'll have to find your own way back" Namjoon hyung said and headed for our vehicle parked out at the entrance, waiting to send us back to our dorm. 

I nodded and immediately ran back up. 


"What do you mean we're not done? I have nothing more to say to you" Jin Rin replied. 

I instantly knew who it was.

That jerk. He had the nerves to. 

Her face hardened. I could tell she was raging with anger. Her eyes got teary. 

"This will be the last! Ill be there" and hung up on the phone. 

She looked at me, half drained and mad. 

"You okay? What did he want? Want me to go slap him for you?" I asked, scanning her face.

She let out a small laugh," No, you just need to rest. Here, I brought Mindy along to keep you company." she handed me my soft toy.

My face lit up as I hug my toy bunny and sniffed her. 

"Ughh, childish and a little gross" she said.

I grinned. 

"Hyun Hyo-ah... Im sorry but... Looks like I gotta go settle this " she said, looking at her phone and at me "Will you be alright? Sleeping alone in the hospital? I mean..." 

I gulped. That's right... I had to spend the night at the hospital. The hair at the back of my neck stood. I got afraid. Why is this exactly like 10 years ago... 

"Its fine. I'll manage. Just call me if he acts funny! Ill jump right over!" I said, reassuring her, though I was trembling on the inside. 

Jin Rin immediately caught it, "Oh I cant leave you here like this..." 

"Ill stay with her" 


Both their eyes were on me. 

What the hell Jeon Jungkook? What did I just say? Why did I say that? 

"I didnt mean to but I accidentally over heard your conversation on my way in." I said, taking a step into the room. 

"What? No" Jin Rin protested immediately. 

Hyun Hyo still looks shocked, as though she'd seen a ghost. 

"Theres no wa-" Jin Rin said but was interupted by her ringing phone again," WHAT?! I SAID ILL BE THERE" and ended the call. 

I smirked.

Wait why did I just do that? Was it that big of  a deal that I was gonna be spending the night here with her? 

Jin Rin looked distressed. 

"Fine. But if he does anything to you, ring me. Ill make sure he'll regret it forever" She said, turning to Hyun Hyo and then to me. 

She picked up her stuff and headed for the door. 

"Babe! Rememer, if he acts up, kick him where it hurts the most!" Hyun Hyo said.

Jin Rin's face seemed to have been a little less tensed at that statement. 

But wait, where it hurts most? I looked down and gulped. 


"Did he just offered to keep me company for the night? But why? Could it be he cares for me?! No. Come on Park Hyun Hyo. Get a grip! He probably just wanted to do so because he felt guilty or something. But... But he could have just apologised or something.... Why take the trouble to stay with me?" I asked in my head.

OKAY CALM DOWN HYUN HYO. BREATHE GIRL BREATHE. 

I looked at Jin Rin leave the room in a hurry. Man I hope that idiot doesnt give her anymore heartbreak or trouble. I looked at Jungkook who seemed to be making a phonecall to s, tellling them to head off first without him. It took quite a long while before they ended they call.

He then turned to me and we both caught each other's eyes.

Time frooze.

"Umgh" He cleared his throat and took a seat at the chair next to my bed. 

Oh why is he so close. 

I felt my inner cheeks burning. I couldnt turn to face him. Not looking like a tomato at least. 

"Dont misunderstand. It was just that I left my phone behind and I needed to charge it so that's why I'm staying behind." He said, while fixing the cable onto the side of the wall, plugging his phone in.

See Park Hyun Hyo you idiot. He isnt staying staying for you. 

I couldnt deny the fact that I was a little disappointed on the inside but at least there's someone who is with me tonight. 

I turned to him and smiled, "Thank you. For keeping me company. At least until your phone charges fully" 

He shrugged and nodded. His eyes then widen. 

"What's that?" 


"Ahhhh finally fresh air!" I said as I set out of the hospital and stretched. 

I looked around, searching for somewhere I can go to for my late night snack. Just then a loud voice broke the peaceful silence of the night.

"WILL YOU QUIT IT? IM ALREADY DOING YOU A FAVOUR BY AGREEING TO MEET WITH YOU SO SHUT UP KANG JAE" 

I turned around. Jin Rin. Kang Jae... 

That name sounds familiar... 

"Hey you alright?" I approached and asked her, who seems desperate to get a cab. 

She looked up at me. Her eyes teary, filled with mixed emotions. Its clear she's had a rough time. 

"Are you okay?" I asked again, taking a footstep nearer to her. 

She started bawling at my question, squatting and covering her face. I bent down.

"Hey its alright..." I said and patted her shoulder.

Right Min Suga... Like that helps... 

Her crying seemed to slowed down and she looked up at me. 

"Its Kang Jae... He wants to meets me but-" 

Then it hit me, Kang Jae, the one she was crying about the other night. The one who abused and cheated on her. 

"No this wont do. Lets go." I said, pulling her on her feet. 

"Where?" she asked, a little surprised by my sudden action. 

"Lets go somewhere where this Kang Jae won't come onto your mind" and pulled her along. 


Author's note 

So a little of Jungkook's past was released. But he isnt the only one with a past.

Why is Hyun Hyo so afriad of spending the night in a hospital?

And where is Suga going to take Jin Rin to? 

What is happening really? Why did Jungkook reacted that way? 

I'm sorry if its gets a little confusing with all that jumping of POV but I hope that you guys will enjoy reading this! Please anticipate the next chapter! 

Oh btw, Jin Rin addressed Suga as Ajusshi because she was drunk the previous time so yeah..