Chapter 14 - Day One

Am i in love with you?

"Okay everyone! Remember, stay safe and dont do anything stupid. Remember to call for help should anything bad happens" 

"Yes!" everyone replied swiftly. 

Somehow, after planning, I suddenly had this new energy and confidence to face Jungkook. It was amost I had gotten over him. Well, not really but its getting there. 

Before we leave, Jimin called me to the back, where there were almost no eyes on us.

"Take care of yourself alright?" Jimin said, giving me a small smile and passed me jacket, "It might be a little cold and your clothes are too thin. Take it and use well"

AWWWWW....

"I cant... I mean its yours and-"

"But I want you to keep. For now at least. I want it back since its my fav." he said, laughing. 

I smiled,"Ill take good care of it" 

"I wont be there to make you smile for the next 3 days. I dont really know what made you down the other day but I hope that with this jacket, youll feel my presence... Like Im there ... By your side" He said, eyes looking down before locking them with mine. 

"I-I" 

What's this feeling Im getting? I dont know if I felt happy or sad when he said that... It just doesnt feel ...

"If everyone's done, LETS GO ALREADY!" Jhope screamed excitedly. 

I thanked Jimin once more before I quickly walked towards Jungkook. 

Oh what is this now?  I felt my chest. My heart wasnt beating that fast but I was a little nervous. Something just feels weird...


"Lets go! We dont want to be late dont we?" I asked Jungkook. 

He was a little startled but he nodded. 

"Good." I said and walked towards the taxi stand, leaving him. 

He picked up his bag and followed along. 


Well, Im not surprised that she is doing better than expected. Well, maybe thats because there Jimin hyung around to help her... 

A sudden pain attacked my heart. The sudden thought of seing her being happy with Jimin hyung... I dont deserve to feel jealous... She was never mine in the first place. 

I followed behind her and we got on the taxi. 


"Its a long drive so you kids can have some rest first" the taxi driver said to us. 

We looked at each other and the awkward space in between us in the taxi. 

"Are you two going on a camping trip?" he asked. 

"Uh not exactly but yeah kinda" Hyun Hyo said. 

"Ohh, a unique choose for a date." he added, smiling while driving. 

"What? No!" the both of us said in unison. 

We startled the taxi driver a little. 

"I mean, no we're just going on a trip to film some stuff" I said, trying to explain to the driver. 

"Yeah. He wouldnt be worth my time anyways uncle" Hyun Hyo said, laughing. 

The uncle seemed to have found it amusing. I didnt. 

"Well, you arent worth my time too" I ended the conversation, that led to the next 2 hours of nothing but silence. 

Once we have arrived, Hyun Hyo paid the taxi driver and we took our stuff out from the trunk of the taxi. Hyun Hyo waved the taxi driver goodbye before turning to face me. I was expecting her to just ignore me but she didnt. 

"Okay so lets shift this over, out of sight and then you can start filming your location." she said, pulling some of the heavy bags aside, as though unaffected by the incident in the taxi. 

Come on Jungkook. At least you should just help her. 

I gathered my thoughts and started to push the bags aside. After it was done, I made sure that Hyun Hyo and the stuff are out of the camera before I started to self film. 


Oh what a fake... If only the fans knew about how cold and rude he actually is... Bet they'll find his smiling face and sweet talking amusing to watch. Just like what I am feeling right now. 

After he was done introducing the place and his surroundings, we went over to the campsite. It was just two small unset tents, a fire place pit which I assume is for his campfire and a view that is just. Stunning. The campsite was quite deep in the forest and secluded. In front of us laid this beautiful blue lake that was accompanied by the mountains far north and the wide sky that was above us. It was so beautiful. I closed my eyes took a deep breath. It felt so calming, just standing there.

We had to set up our tents quickly. I pitched my tent up, a little furthe from Jungkook so that my presence wouldnt be captured when he is filming. We unpacked and came out of our individual tents. There was this silence that filled the air around us.

Okay this is awkward... Am I supposed to talk to him or something?   Okay wait nevermind... Im supposed to be over him remember? Why should it be awkward?


Something was definitely not right... She was like having an argument with herself. Could it be about... 

"You know, you dont really have to put up a tough front... I know youre uncomfortable being here... " I started the conversation. 

"What are you talking about? Im completely fine." She scoffed. 

My stomach churned a little when she said Fine. Is she really fine without me? Does this mean that she... No longer see me the same way? 

"Well sorry- I just thought that you might find it uncomfortable.." I replied, lowering my voice. 

"Thank you for your concern but Im okay. Why wouldnt I be in the first place?" she said, pulling Jimin hyung's jacket off her waist and wearing it. 

I dont know if she meant to show that she is now under Jimin hyung's care now but it definitely felt like she was drawing a line between us now. 

"Uh- well, Im gonna go take a walk around to film more of the surroundings." I said., 

"Okay, sure. Do whatever you like." she replied swiftly, brushing me off. 

"Stay safe..." I mumbled before walking off.

Even the blind could see how dejected and dead I was. Inside and outside.  

I needed to get away. I needed to breathe. I need to calm and comfort myself. I followed the trail on the left. Come on Jungkook... You were the one who pushed her away. Its not her fault that she is now being like this... You dont deserve her. Get that straight in your head! 


Phewwwwww he's gone now. Omg... Stay safe? What was that about? And why am I feeling a little lost now? Did I go overboard? Was I too much of a trying to be a ? 

I sighed. Well this isnt me at all... And I gotta admit, as uncomfortable as it seems to be in this situation, a part of me actually feels relieved that Im here with Jungkook. Memories of the night in the hospital started to flash in my mind... Ugh you indecisive and weak little fool Hyun Hyo... 

While I was busy contemplating and trying to sort my feelings out, especially after Jimin and the random old thoughts of Jungkook, there was a strong gush wind that swept past my body. It was so cold... I looked up at the sky. What was once the beautiful and calming sky is now just fast dark moving clouds above the ground. 

"Well, I better get into my tent now... Looks like its gonna rain" I said, turning and heading to my tent. 

Suddenly a white light flashed over the lake and it strucked me. . 

Jungkook.


"So yeah thats how I actually got her-" I said to the camera but was interupted by the presence of the lightning flashing. 

Oh no not now... I quickly ended my filming and looked around. I was so into talking about how 'fun and exciting' the trip to the campsite was that I got lost in my tracks and I am now lost. Great Jeon Jungkook. 

I looked around but I really couldnt remembe where I was from. Thats right the film!  I fished out the camera. It started beeping.

No No Dont die on me. Not now. Not when I need to get back. 

The lightning continued to make its appearance but this time coupled with loud and roaring thunders. I gulped. There was just one thing that I could think of right now. I just want to run away from this living nightmare. Hyun Hyo. 

Thats right.. Hyun Hyo.. 


I didnt know what to expect but I grabbed my backpack and packed some necessities. Just in case. I quickly got up and headed for the trail that Jungkook was last seen at. I was running until my phone started to ring. 

Oh thank god - Jungkook. 

"HELLO- ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE ARE YOU-" I yelled into the phone. 

"Im- I dont know... " He replied, his voice very soft and weak. 

"Okay breathe. I need you to tell me what is around you or something you can see that you think I'll be able to spot and find you." I said, slowing down my pace, trying to focus and look out for what he is gonna describe to me. 

"Im- Im near the lake. Everything looks the same to me... But theres this tall tree-"

"Uhuh... Its okay, breathe, take a look around and tell me more" I said, trying to calm him down. 

"Uhh theres like this rock here. Its big." 

I swear that if this happened to another person and that he was giving me such descriptions, I would have just snapped at him. But surprisingly, I was calm. Actually no. I was more worried about what might to Jungkook in this weather. Please be safe... Ill get to you I promise... Just wait for awhile..

I jogged about the trail, trying to imagine myself as Jungkook and where he could potentially venture in this forest and look out for the tall tree and rock. I looked up at the sky. Great, at least it hasnt started to rain yet.


"Dont worry okay? I wont hang up so keep talking" She told me.

I felt a little relieved but it wasnt enough to calm my nerves. "I can actually see the lake from where I am" 

"Oh really? That's great Jungkook! Good job!" 

The lightning striked again. I got a shocked and let out a yelp.

"Okay Jungkook, listen to me-" 

"I cant- Im - I cant-" 

"Listen to my voice... Close your eyes now" 

"But-" 

"Just do it. I promise you it'll be okay"

I did as she told me. I closed my eyes. But the black image started to change. I felt the raindrop tapping against my skin. My mind suddenly played a familiar scene. 

"Jungkook, dont blank out on me though" 

Too late.


"Oppa! Oppa! The seashells here are prettier!" Hyun Hyo said, pulling me deeper into the water. 

She was smiling so brightly, so fascinated by the sight of the shells resting on the sand. 

"Hyun Hyo-ah, lets not go too deep okay? It might be too dangerous and oppa cant swim so lets just play around here okay" 

She looked a little disappointed but nodded. 

"Okay oppa!" she smiled. 

I looked up to the sky. the sky darker than when we left the house. 

"Hyun Hyo, only 5 more minutes okay? It looks like its gonna rain heavily soon"

"Ill put the shells in the bucket okay?" I said, walking back to the mainland with my hands full of shells collected by the both of us.  As I got closer to the bucket, the rain started to fall out of nowhere. 

Not good. 


"No dont! Hyun Hyo!" I yelled, opening my eyes and coming back to reality. 

The rain had progressively gotten heavier. I looked out to the lake. 

Why am I always in similar situations like the one 10 years ago? Why can I not- Why is it coming back to me again? The rain, the water.. 

I fell on my knees. My head hurts so much. My mind automatically played the last moments before... 

"Hyun Hyo-ah!!!!"


"Did someone just yell for my name?" I stopped in my tracks. 

I was certain that I heard my name. I immediately trailed and followed the direction of the source. 

"Hyun Hyo No!"

Before me in the distance, a Jungkook was kneeling and bawling. He continued shouting and crying even louder. I ran up to him but- 


I felt my body gave way. I was in such pain and I couldnt control my body so I just- 

Sorry...


I ran forward and lifted his upper body up. 

"Yah! Dont do this! Come on wake up! Come on Jungkook!" I screamed, smacking him, trying to gain his conscious. His eyes were open and he could hear me but his body just wouldnt work. It was just like that time. The time I found him in the park. 

"No come on. We gotta go before the rain gets heavier and your body colder." I told him, taking out Jimin's jacket and covering his body with it instead before yanking him up. 

I tried to lean his weight on me and making him walk but he was just too weak. I tried to analyse the best possible solution and the only thing that I could think of was to pull him up on my back. 

Oh god youre heavy. Dont idols have some special diet or something? 

Once he was on my back, still in a daze and not conscious of what's happening, I started to head back for our base camp. His arms and legs were surprisingly still able to grab onto me. His head hung over my shoulder and was leaning against my cheeks. 

What now? Focus Park Hyun Hyo! But... Why is my heart racing a little? Oh stop it! You dont need this conversation right now. Not with Jungkook on your back, almost dead. Maybe not exactly- but still! 

I shugged that stupid thought of my head and started to walk. 

Man he's so heavy. 

Thank god for being part of a Uniformed group CCA when I was in high school that taught me skills and knowledge that I can apply in this situation, such as finding my way back. Fast. 

Also, thanks Jin Rin for signing us up for those gym sessions so that I can carry this douche over here.

The rain only got heavier by the minute so I tried my best to quicken my pace, despite carrying over 75kg on my back. 

Not bad Hyun Hyo... Not bad.


"YAH! Look! We're almost there already!" I shrieked at the sight of the two yellow tents in the distance. 

No movement.

I used the last spurt of energy left in me and made a run for the tents. 

When we in front of my tent, I went in and 'threw' him in. 

Okay thank god its not wet on the inside! 

I stepped into the tent and zipped it up, preventing the rain from entering. Then adjusting the body which I had just thrown into the tent that was still motionless. I took out the towel from my bag and quickly rub our bodies that were soaked from the rain dry. I cant afford to make the tent wet.

I tucked him beneath the sheets but accidentally made contact with his body. 

Oh gosh its so cold. I cant leave him like this. He'll catch a terrible fever if he remains like that.

Okay Park Hyun Hyo... Relax, you just need to change him out of his clothes and that's it. 

I looked at now sleeping/knocked out Jungkook. I straightened and erased my chain of thoughts. 

Ugh... What have I gotten myself into now?

Okay, lets just get this over and down with quickly so that I wont have to keep thinking about it.

"Yah, Ill be changing you so dont move or suddenly okay? Its hard on me so just stay still- but dont die or anything okay?"

Good job Hyun Hyo... Good job talking to a motionless and consciousless person...

I took a deep breath and slowly pulled his top off first. 


OMG MY EYES... 


A/N

Hahahah Sorry that I have to end this chapter like this... I'll let you guys imagine whatever you want first before I reveal more in the next chapter!

So Jungkook's story is slowly being revealed. Will anything happen to the both of them during 

the first night? And why is Hyun Hyo still having second thoughts and weird feelings for Jimin? 

see you in the next chap!