Chapter 11 - First love

Am i in love with you?

"His past?" I couldnt help but ask out loud. 

What does his past have anything to do with him treating Hyun Hyo like this? I mean they have never even met before so what could be the problem? 

His facial expression now stiff and unfriendly, "A painful past which he has his reasons for not wanting OUTSIDERS to know and pry about" 

He wiped his mouth with the tissue and got ready to leave, picking up the receipt. 

Oh oh.. Did I... He looks so pissed...

"Oh Im sorr- I was just curiou- I mean, its just not fair." I said, looking straight into his eyes "Yeah he has a past but that doesnt mean that he should other people like that right?"

"Unfair?"

I nodded. He tossed the receipt back at the table.


"Unfair?"

Unbelievable...

"Who are you to say that it is unfair? The way he is treating Hyun Hyo? Yeah. I do agree that he may be acting like a jerk. But that does mean that he intentionally wanted to be like that towards her." 

I felt my blood rising in me. It didnt matter that Jin Rin's face was a little upset and shocked by what I just said or that people around us were passing glances at our table. 

"He has his reasons. If only you knew what the hell happened to him." I spat angrily. "You are no one to judge and say that its unfair until you have been in his shoes"


The memory of Jungkook being a really quiet and reserved boy when we first debut came into my mind. I remembered how long it actually took him to open up to us, laugh at our jokes, smile and act normally.I also still clearly remembered that one night during the heavy thunderstorm, where in the dorm I found a crying Jungkook hiding under his bed sheets. The time he told me about the death of his sister. The only other person he loved the most in the world, Jeon Hyun Hyo. I still remembered the look on his face. 

Ever since the, I swore to myself to care for this boy even more because I realised then what he had went through wasnt something that could be easily gotten over. 

Jungkook-ah, hyung will always be here for you no matter what


Her eyes a little teary, obviously affected by what I just said," Well, everyone has their pasts and their painful moments. But that doesnt give him the right to inflict his pain on others"

She stood up," As precious Jungkook is to you, Hyun Hyo is to me. Or maybe even more. I dont care about whatever past he has gone through but I care about the present. The fact that my best friend is hurting and she doesnt even know why she is being treated like that. She is just as fragile and hurt as him" 

Before she turned to leave,"You know, I was actually hoping for something to happen tonight but I guess it wont come true now."

I was hoping something could happen tonight too...

She looked at me," Dont feel guilty though, Im glad that you reacted this way. It shows me how much you actually care about Jungkook. I think theres no more reason for us to meet anymore. Thanks for the drinks the other time. This one is on me." 

She took the receipt and walked off. Without even looking back. Not even once. My eyes followed her until she disappeared out of sight.

There she goes... Is it weird that I am feeeling so lost right now?

I stared at her meal across mine. Half eaten. Oh god, I drove her away before she even had a proper meal. Well done Min Suga. You deserve the biggest loser title. 

The other customers who were looking at us from before were obviously talking about me. I couldnt care. My head hurts. My heart hurts. Man I thought that we could've had something. I leand back on the chair and sighed. 

Jungkook-ah, remember, hyung will always be there for you. Bros over hoes remember? 

I suddenly remembered the time I overheard Jungkook's conversation with Namjoon the other day. This made me more confused. Maknae-ah, just dont cross the line okay? I know you are doing this because you think its better to keep your emotions cut off but dont go around hurting Hyun Hyo more. 

It'll only hurt yourself more. 


I walked out of the restaurant. 

Each step heavy, filled with mixed feelings. I should feel proud for standing up for Hyun Hyo but why do I feel so ... So stucked.  

After a few steps, I turned around and stared at the restaurant, "It couldve been the perfect first date."


"Morning Yoongi-sshi!" I said as i caught him sneaking snacks into the producing room.

His body jumped a little in fright and he turned to me.

"Oh thank god its you. Morning Hyu Hyo." he replied, rubbing his chest a little.

He opened the room door, inviting me in. I smiled and entered the room.

Woahhh...   

The walls were filled with many old records of past popular hip hop and great musicians. I took a look aroound while he placed his bag and snacks down on the table. 

"So how was last night?" I asked, teasing a little, "I heard that you guys were out for dinner"

His smiling face suddenly disappeared. Okay... What's wrong now? 

"Jin Rin didnt say anything about last night?" he asked, eyes avoiding contact with mine. 

I shook my head, "I fell asleep by the time she came home and she left really early this morning so I didnt have the chance to ask her. Why? Did something happened?" 

He remained silent. I looked up to him. He was staring into space, as though he was watching something. Probably yesterday's incident.

"Are you okay?" 

"Hmmm uh- yeah..." he replied. 

I may be a little slow and naive but I do know when theres something bothering someone. He looks troubled. 

"Did something bad happen last night?" 

It seems like girls wont really have such a smooth time when they go out for a meal or drink with any BTS member huh...

He looked up at me. His eyes seem to have said enough.

"You know, you can always tell me if theres something bothering you alright? You dont have to keep it to yourself. Im here as your PA remember?" I smiled and patted his shoulder. 

He smiled a little. 

Phew... At least theres a smile.  

"Actually, we had a very interesting conversation last night..." he said, looking down.

"About what?" i asked almost immediately, excited about the fact that he was going to open up to me. 

"Well, we talked about music" 

Right, they did have similar tastes in music. 

"And?" Obviously that wouldnt have been the cause of distressed Min Suga. 

"And.. Maybe we had some disagreements..." he trailed off.

"About?" 

Oh this is taking forever. Gosh Min Suga. 

"about you and-" 

The door swing open. 

"Suga hyung you in?" 

Jungkook. 


I stopped in my tracks and frooze. Suga hyung was in the room but someone else was there with him.

Hyun Hyo. 

The girl I have been avoiding for the past few days. The girl who cant seem to hide her disappointment everytime I ignored her. The girl who I heard from the others have been a tough time because of me. 

Our eyes met. She was a little surprised as well. 

"Yeah maknae? You were looking for me?" Suga said, breaking the silence. 

"Uh ye- I mean never mind. Next time" I said before quickly making my way out of the room. 

"Jungkook?" she called. 

I stopped but didnt turn. 

No Jeon Jungkook. You told yourself that you wont be in any way near this girl. You wont be close to her. Keep to your words. Dont turn. 


I swear being in that room was like watching those Korean Dramas, just that now Im actually in one. 

Jungkook looked at Hyun Hyo. 

Hyun Hyo looked at Jungkook. 

Oh god I feel like I was third-wheeling. 

But it seems like their gaze were still fixed and I was feeling a little uncomfortable. 

"Yeah maknae? You were looking for me?" 

His gaze was broken and he looked nervous. I was expecting him to just ignore Hyun Hyo's presence, just as how he had been doing for the past week, but he turned and excused himself out. 

Weird... What was he running from now? I swear to god this fickle and weak minded kid. 


"Jungkook?" I called out. 

He stopped at the door, still back facing me. 

Omg he stopped! He heard me! Hyun Hyo did you see that? He actually stopped!

I took a few steps forward, trying to approach him. 

Before I could call him again, he took a step forward and walked out the room.

My legs went weak. 

"Jungkook" I called after him. He didnt stop this time. He just walked forward and disappeared along the corridors soon. I fell onto my knees. 

"Hyun Hyo! Are you okay?!" Suga called out, leaning in and pulling me on my feet. 

I couldnt feel my legs. I fell back down this time and landed on my . I started to cry out loud. 

Really Hyun Hyo... 

"Why is he like that to me? Why now? Why is he ignoring me? After what he told me that night? Why is he treating me like this?" I cried out loud, oblivious to the surrounding. 

My heart hurts. It was as though someone picked up my heart and smashed it to million pieces on the ground. 

Suga didnt stop me from crying. Instead he said, "Its okay. Just cry your heart out." 


Seeing her cry, I suddenly remembered what Jin Rin had told me yesterday. My heart feels the pain that Hyun Hyo is feeling. 

"Why did he have to be my first love? I guess one sided crushes and feelings are always the worst right? Is he doing this because he found out that I like him? Is he doing this because he hates me? But if hates me, then why did he bother to spend that night with me? Why is he playing around with my heart?Why am I treated this coldly? Tell me what my mistake is" she cried out. Her face is filled with tears and she looked so pitiful.

Sorry Hyun Hyo... Its not that he hates you. He just doesnt want to burden you. Its not that he wants to hurt you. Its just that he is distancing himself from you so that you wont be in his life for him to lose you. Sorry Hyun Hyo. If only theres something that I can do to help you in this. 

I watched her cry. Motionless at some point. Maybe Jin Rin was right... How could I just be so defensive of Jungkook and let the other party suffer like this? 

"Ill call Jin Rin to pick you up after work alright?"


Suga walked me over to the bus stop. 

"You dont have to stay. You can just go. Dont tire yourself" I said. 

He looked at me, noticing how weak and soft my voice was. 

"Ill go once Jin Rin is here. You havent been very alive at work today. You even got yourself burnt!" he said, pointing to my right arm.

I flinched. I looked at my arm. I must have been so caught up with my thoughts that I wasnt being careful. I accidentally spilled the hot water on my hand in the staff pantry. 

"I was just careless but Im fine now" I faked a smile. 

He snorted. Yeah even I didnt believe myself.


"Earlier in the morning when you were crying... You mantioned something about first love?" Suga asked. 

Well, there was no point in hiding it now since he heard my heart wailing just now right? 

I took out my phone and showed him my wallpaper. It was a photo of my first BTS concert. 

"I was just a regular ARMY until that night... When he was singing 'Love is not over', there was just this thing or this somthing that hit my heart... His voice was captivating. The words he sang made me think of my parents..." I said, lowering my voice, tears threatening to fall, remembereing how I felt that night. In the middle of the concert, tearing when I got reminded of my parents and my eyes were only fixed on him singing.

"It was so emotional... I felt sad but but somehow listening to him sing makes me feel relieved and comforted." I added, wiping the small tear that rolled down my cheek. 


I felt my heart being squeezed. Looking at her right now makes me feel guilty for not being able to comfort her.

Parents? Why was she sad? I wanted to ask but it hit me that she was already having a rough day and making her share something that upsets her would only make things worse. God Min Suga youre so stupid. 

But at least now I know why she was hurting so much. The poor girl has feelings for him. 

"Youre not gonna tell anyone rigt?" she asked, a little more calm than a moment ago. 

I nodded and smiled. 

Oh what the hell? So they both have feelings for each? 

"Babes are you okay?!" someone screamed from behind. 

Jin Rin. 


I was glad I put aside yesterdays's incident and what I witnessed earlier on with Hyun Hyo aside and called Jin Rin. Hyun Hyo really needed a hug from someone she can lean on and confide in. Jin Rin bowed a little at me before pulling Hyun Hyo for a hug, her back. 

She's so loving... 

I stared at that sight. 

Should I... No Min Suga she said theres no more reason to meet and besides, Hyun Hyo is upset. How could you think of fixing things up with Jin Rin right now. 

Hyun Hyo broke free of the hug. She managed a small smile. This kid has to improve her acting skills seriously... 

"I actually plan to get this treated at the clinic" she looked at Jin Rin "Mind if I head over myself? I need some space to breathe." 

"Of course" 

I looked at Jin Rin, who coincidentally matched my words. She turned to Hyun Hyo. 

"You sure you'll be alright though?" Jin Rin asked, worried. 

"Im sure. Actually... Suga told that he wanted to discuss some stuff with you" she eyed me. 

"What?" I asked.

She looked at, signalling me. 

Oooh.. I get it!

"Ooh-Oh Yes thats right. I think theres some unfinished business from yesterday."

This kid. She still managed to help me out even though everyone knows she was wrecked on the inside. 

"Then Ill be heading off first!" she said, winking at me before running off. 

"YAH PARK HYUN HYO COME BA-" Jin Rin yelled. 

I let out a small laugh. 

"What?" she asked. 

"Nothing. Just that you looked really cute when you are mad" 


What the hell? Did he just called me cute?  

I tried to compose myself, trying no to be affected by his statement, "What else do you have to say?" 

He looked a little now. 

"To apologise about yesterday. I really didnt know how much it was affecting Hyun Hyo until just now..." 

She looked at me with the 'I told you so' face. 

"And also, to make sure that you finish a meal properly this time" I said, grabbing her hand, pulling her off with me. 

"Yah! Where are we going?" 


During the break I overheard some of the staff talking about a mini incident over at the pantry during lunch.

Something about someone spilling hot water on their arm. That must have been painful... I shrugged that off my mind and walked to the carpark, where our car was waiting for us.

"Yah Jungkook-ah. Did you hear about what happened?" V hyung asked me. 

I shook my head.

"Hyun Hyo got hurt during lunch. Apparently hot water got onto her arms but she refused to have it treated asap." he replied "You really didnt know?" 

What? When? How? IS she okay?Where is she now? 

"I think I saw her leaving just a few minutes ago" he added. 

Thanks hyung. 


"Hyung! I suddenly remembered that I left my phone in the dance practice room." I lied "Why dont you head off with the other members first? I also want to drop by the convinient store to get some snacks. Theyre almost finished back at the dorm" 

"Oh okay. Just head back quick and dont wander off ah!" he said but I had already ran off. 

Okay, so where is the pharmacy at? 


"That'd be $13" the lady at the counter said. 

I paid her and walked out of the store with the cream and some medicated oil. 

This should be enough right?  Now I just gotta think of how I can pass this to her. 

"Jungkook?" 

I turned around. Hyun Hyo. 

I stared at her red arm. Her face spelt how painful it was. 

This is all my fault. 

I grabbed her by the other hand to the nearest side walk bench and forced her down. 

"Stay still or I'll hurt you more" I said, stretching her arm out to apply the medication.


So will Suga and Jin Rin be given a second chance to make Yoonrin happen?

Why is Jungkook caring for Hyun Hyo again? 

Willl she keep getting hurt or will she move on? 

Will it then be too late for Jungkook?