Chapter 6 - The Cafe

Am i in love with you?

"Hyun Hyo! Wait up!" I turned to see Jimin running towards me. He stopped about 2 feet away, panting but smiling really brightly. 

"Yeah what's up?" I asked, trying to act normal after yesterday's incident. Oh wow, I never knew that Jimin's smile was this charming

"Oh, I just wanted to ask if Jungkook has called you out yet." he replied, still smiling.

"Jun-Jungkook? No. No he hasnt" I replied, wondering why he wanted to see me for "Oh yeah, Jimin! Before I forget, by any chance did you see my pho-"

"Oh sorry! Gotta go for a breakfast date with Namjoon hyung!" he ran off while looking at his watch. 

I was left alone along the corridor with many unanswered questions. 


Okay, breathe. She isnt the same person. She isnt gonna appear in your dreams. She isnt my Hyun Hyo. So let's just treat her like another regular girl that I'm used to doing and everything will be fine. Come on Jeon Jungkook. Youre capable of handling this.  Actually, I was quite surprise at myself for being able to say that name more often now. In the past I couldnt even picture that name in my head without wanting to break down.

But now, it seemed almost okay saying that name. It seemed to not hurt as much every time I hear it now. Park Hyun Hyo... Is this your doing?

"Lets go!" i said to the reflection I saw on the mirror. 


I caught her in the middle of the corridor, standing like an idiot, los in her own thoughts with two cups of coffee in her hands. Obviously she was on an errand which she completely forgot about. I looked at the direction of her stare. Oh... Jimin hyung? Why was she staring at hyung? Is this the first step to her revealing her real self? For all I know she could be a sasaeng. I felt like slapping myself. Stop thinking so much and go approach her. And I did.


"I need to talk to you. Follow me. Now." a voice commanded. I looked around and saw the source of that commanding voice. Jungkook. 

"err hel-hello. Good morning." i managed with a small smile, " Sorry but i kinda have to send this over to my in charge first. The boss needs his morning coffee" I tried to joke. He turned and stared me down. I gulped. This is exactly the situation when the predator has its eye on its prey. My heart started racing. "What's his problem?" I muttered under my breath. 

"Excuse me?" He asked, this time, more irritated than he sounded earlier. 

"Urrr I mean I just need two minutes and Ill be back!" I said and ran off, without even waiting for his response. I knew what  I did definetely pissed him off but hey, at least he isnt the one who is paying for my salary. 

I kept to my promise and arrived just after dropping the coffees off. I ran back to find an angry looking Jungkook, with one leg up against the wall. Oh my eyes. How can he look so hot even though he is just leaning against the wall playing with his phone, with a straight and annoyed face? My cheeks started to swell. Again.  

"Okay im back!" I said while flashing one of my biggest smiles. He simply nod and walked out of the main entrance. I trampled along. 


"Sit." he said and gestured for the waiter without making any eye contact with me at all. What an . He slide the menu over to me "Ill have my usual." 

"Yes sir" the waiter replied. Then both their eyes fixed their gaze on me, waiting for my order. I couldnt really see anything that is of my liking so I just decided to order my usual drink. 

"Uhh, Ill just have a cup of hot chocolate with mushmallows please" I said, smiling politely to the waiter.

"Okay, so two of your usual order sir. Ill be right back" said the waiter before he left our table.

Same order? I havent heard of anyone who drinks hot chocolate with mushmallows together but myself before. Wow.  


"Same order? Didnt think I'd ever live to see someone else have the same taste in drinks as me." i thought to myself but shrugged off that thought almost immediately. 

"So about yesterday.." just as i said that, her face changed. She looks as though she was having a facial war on her face. I couldnt really make out if she was happy or upset or uncomfortable. She is one heck of an unpredictable character. 

"You left yor phone at our place." I said and toss it at her direction. To my surprise, she managed to catch her phone. Wow. 

But what I did obviously made her frown. It was as if she could kill me with her gaze but she quickly composed herself and managed a soft, "Thanks.". 


OMGDFUWERUW I FEEL LIKE SLAPPING THE OUTTA HIM!!! Breathe girl breathe. You cant explode here. Not now and definetely not at him.  

I thanked Jin Rin in my heart for teaching me proper breathing technique that helps calm one down. But that doesnt excuse him from being mentally cursed at. Just as I felt the air around us got more tensed, our drinks came. Phewwwwwwww.... I immediately slurped the drink. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!" I couldnt help but let out my happiness. It has really been awhile since I had this drink and drinking it makes me think of my mom. I glanced over to see Jungkook enjoying his drink as well. 

We didnt speak at all and had almost no eye contact while we had our drink. Once we had finished our drink, I looked up to him, expecting him to say something else but he didnt. 

"Okay, so he scores 100 for being a jerk and an . But a handsome one though. Omg how the hell did you even have a crush on him Hyun Hyo? Come on, you can do better." I conversed in my head. 


Seeing that there was nothing else, I stood up and grabbed our receipt for payment and got ready to head back to work. 

"Thank you for th-" 

"What? Now you trying to make me look bad? For asking you to come here and making you pay for the drinks?" He asked, in a very irritated tone.

"Im sorry, I just thought tha-" 

"Save it. Im paying since bringing you here was my idea in the first place"

"But-"

"Shut it"


Oh crap. 

I bit my lower lips after realising what I had just said. I scanned her face. She looks pissed. Well done Jungkook. Though honestly this was how I treated almost every other girl, it felt different this time. I was actually afraid. 

She stared at me. The innocent image disappeared almost immediately and out cam this lioness.

"Fine." she said. 

Fine? Never have I ever been so attacked by one word. What does that mean? Oh god look at her intensed stare. Are girls always this intimidating? What is happening to me? I am supposed to be the one with the chips. Not her. 

She sat back down on the chair, crossed her legs and folded her arms. It was now my turn to gulp. What? Does she think that will scare me or something?

Well, yeah. Maybe its working a little. Oh for god's sake man up Jeon Jungkook!  

I cleared my throat and finally, " Ill pay". 

"Well thats a start" she replied almost immediately, still keeping a stern look on her face. 

Was this what it was like when guys said they are afraid to piss their girlfriends off? Because women are just hiding their claws and just waiting for the right time to snap? But why am I worked up about this. I mean shes not even my girlfriend to begin with. Come on dude, just play it cool. 


If it was Christmas already, Id wish to get a mannerism book so that I can shove it at his face. Oh my this arrogan smug! Yah! Who do you think you are?! Making me wait and refusing my sincere intentions of footing the bill. Its no longer the gentleman concept mind you. Girls make a living too. Aigoo Aigoo look at that face. Omg wait. Is he actually nervous? I am trying so hard here not to show a smile or even laughter. 

If only I can take a photo of this and send it to the other members. They'd be laughing for sure! Maybe I should keep up this act. Teaches him a lesson never to be rude to girls or see them as a weak figure. 

I continued to stare at him. Our gaze met for awhile. Oh wow his eyes are beautiful. Oh stop it Hyun Hyo, youre supposed to be angry. 


Did my heart just? Did you just skip a beat? Yah you silly idiot! What the hell was that for? And am I perspiring? 

I looked away from her almost immediately. "Uhhh, you can go if you want to now. Im paying" 

"I know. I heard you the first time" she said as she started to pack her stuff. 

Thats one heck of a fierce and strong lady. Wont be easy breaking her. 

She stood up. 

"No wait I-" 


He grabbed my hand. Oh what is this awkward situation exactly? I looked down at my wrist that was grabbed then at him. He let go almost immediately. 

" I-uh-I just wanted to say thanks for yesterday. And im sorry if my actions were a little too impulsed. I wasnt in the right sense of mind" He said in one breath. 

I looked at him. Considering how he hasnt had the confidence to stare back at me, I'd tak it that he was sincere with his thanks. 

"Yeah, sure no big deal." 

I pushed my chair in , "thanks for the drink", turned and walked off. Who's the man now huh Jungkook? 


Phew.... Wow she is really something... 

I stared at that small figure stride out of the cafe. That shook me. She shook me. This is the first time I was treated like that by any girl. The first time someone talked back at me and the first time a girl walked out in me. Park Hyun Hyo... You're really just dying for my attention arent you?