Chapter 10 - Why?

Am i in love with you?

I opened the door on Jimin's cue. 

"Good morning Hyun Hyo!" all of us cheered, coming into the room, hands filled with balloons, food and a teddy bear. 

I stopped in my tracks. 

Is that Hyun Hyo asleep in Jungkook's arms? 

This kid is gonna die today. 


"JEON JUNGKOOK YOU-" 

I opened my eyes. 

OH MY GOD. 

Directly 5cm away from my face was this innocent and beautiful still sleeping face. Jungkook. His arms were still wrapped around my body. 

I turned and saw 5 worried, shocked and furious faces. The members. . 


I made a run for the dance practice room, in fear of being late for our dry run session today. 

What the hell? The dance room was empty.

I took out my phone and informed V that I was already in the dance room, waiting for their arrival.

No reply. 

They usually would be so noisy in the group chat. Did something happen?

"Oh why are the members still not here yet? I was the one who was out all night but-" 

My chain of thought got stopped. 

That's right, I was out last night. 

I slapped my head. "Why Min Suga?! What happened to you?Why was she lying on you?Why did you let that happen?No wait, at least we didnt do IT right?OMG what am I saying? I shouldnt have even been ther-" I whinned in my head as the memories of last night started playing in my mind. 

All the laughing, the greeting random strangers that walked past us, the singing of breakup songs out loud together and falling asleep together. 

Oh man... 


"Uh, Jungkook, I think you need to let go now." a voice woke me from my deep sleep, that was accompanied by a light tap on my shoulder. 

I slowly opened my eyes. Hyun Hyo. Why was she so close to me? I jerked my head back, shocked by the distance between us. I looked at her, eyes wide opened. I immediately let her out of my arms. But that aint the worse part. She used her eyes and signalled me to look to the side. 

Crap. The members.  

They wore different facial expressions on their faces. Im so in deep . I looked back at Hyun Hyo, who was just as stunned and surprised as I was by this whole incident. 

"Get your things. We'll talk in the car." Namjoon hyung said in a commanding voice. He stepped closer to the both us and placed the balloons next to Hyun Hyo's bed.

"Are you feeling better? Did you have a good rest?" he asked, his tone immediately changing to a soft one. 

Hyun Hyo nodded. Her face went red. I knew she was embarressed and awkward about this situation. Well, so was I. Namjoon hyung then smiled at her. The rest of the members slowly placed the different items down, asking about her condition. Hun Hyo only smiled or gave a one word reply. She couldnt look me in the eye. 

Once all the members were done, we got ready to leave. I stood up, drawing all 5 pairs of eyes to be on me, eyeing my every move. It was as though I had committed a huge sin or something. I looked down and headed for the door. The members then said their goodbyes to Hyun Hyo. 

"Uh Jungkook?" Hyun Hyo said as I reached the door. 

"Yeah?" I turned back and looked at her. 

The members faces were a little surprised by our interaction. But I couldnt be bothered about them for now.

"Thanks for keeping me comapny last night... Im sorry if I had caused you inconvinience..." she said, looking down.

"No probs" I said before heading out.

Honestly, I was a little glad she said that. Let's hope the members understand. Please understand. 

But what is this feeling in me? Why am I okay with being next to you? 


After hearing what Hyun Hyo, instead of feeling mad at Jungkook for lying and making us worried, I was actually proud of him. I didnt think that he would warm up to people he just recently met but he was able to even spend the night with Hyun Hyo. The girl he was the most distant and rude to. Proud of ya Maknae-ah.  

But something did bothered me, like if he was a jerk to her because he didnt want to get close to her, assuming it was because she shares the same name as his sister, why did he go to the extend of accompanying her, lying that he was meeting his friends and even end up hugging her to sleep. Maknae-ah, what is going on exactly? Why the sudden change of attitude? Did something happen last night?

The drive to the company was a quiet one. Jin hyung was watching his favourite food documentary, Jimin and V playing with their phones, Jhope jamming to his playlist, Suga hyung probably sleeping in the dance room while waiting for us to arrive and Jungkook was staring out the window. 


After they left, I breathed out loud. I felt my cheeks. They were so hot.

Enough heat to fry eggs Hyun Hyo. Omg girl calm down.

My heart was pounding so fast thinking abiut how close I was to him, minutes ago. 

Oh man... The thought of my body in his arms, the thought of my face burried on his chest, the thought of how he brushed my tears away last night... My heart started to race even more. Oh no Hyun Hyo... Dont fall for it. Dont think about it. 

How am I gonna survive when I see him the next time? 

Just then the door opened. Jin Rin. 


Even though I tried to calm myself down thousands of times on my way to the hospital, I couldnt. I didnt know how to describe last night. It was so new yet it felt so comfortable and familiar. I opened the door to find an uneasy and tomato faced Hyun Hyo staring at me. 

Something was definitely up.

"You okay?" we asked at the same time. 

I smiled. Our telepathy skills is just so on point sometimes that it makes me cringe. Anyways... None of us answered the question. 

"You first" she said, smiling at me while patting the side of her hospital bed. 

Oh boy... Itll be such a long day. 


"You alright Maknae?" I asked Jungkook, who seemed to be in a daze throughout the whole practice. 

"Huhh? Uhh- I mean yeah" he stuttered. 

"Well, if you dont wanna tell me now, Ill wait" I said to him, standing and about to leave before he spoke. 

"She made me forget."

I stopped and turned over to him. He was staring at the ground, shifting uncomfortably. 

"She covered my ears and made me forget the storm that was happening" 

OOH.... 

"She made me... She made me forget about how dark it was... She makes me feel at peace... I dont even know whats wrong with me. I tried to be distant from her so that I could run away from my memory of Hyun Hyo but she... She makes me want to face all of my memories..." 

I bend over and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I think... I think Im starting to care for her. Im... Im starting to want to care for her, protect her, be with her."

"But I cant"


Its been three days since I was discharged from the hospital and six days since that night. But, it has been hard on me. Firstly, I had to immediately get suited to the rushing and intensed activities and schedules of the boys. Secondly, its hard to look at Suga and not think of what kind of person he becomes when he is drunk. And lastly, ever since that day, Jungkook was avoiding me. Again. 

Everytime I would buy the boys drinks, 6 coffees and 1 chocolate, he would just brush past my shoulder and head out. Everytime I said hello or goodbye he would simply turn away, pretending that he didnt hear me. Everytime I brief the boys about their schedule or pass down certain information, he would just stare elsewhere, and not reply when I asked him if he had gotten what I had just said.  Everytime I walk past him and smile, he would just walk past me, as though I wasnt there at all. Ill be honest. It hurts a little. A lot actually. 

It was just  a few days ago when I saw Jungkook's other side but now, it was as though that night never happened. In fact, he was more colder than he originally was in the beginning. 

Why is he like this? Did I do something wrong? What did I do to deserve this treatment from someone I have feelings for? Did I imagine everything that happened that night? 


I'm sorry Hyun Hyo. I honeslty dont mean to hurt you this way. After that night, I realised what a strong, caring and lovable person you actually are. I just dont want you to be burdened by me and my past. I cant be unfair to you. I know you mean well but it'd be best if we dont get too attached. I cant protect you and I cant afford to lose you...


"He said yes!" shrieked Jin Rin, running around the apartment in excitement. 

"Congrats babes!" I hugged her. 

Even though it was undoubtely a hard week for me, I was honestly happy for Jin Rin. Its been so long since Ive seen her so excited to be going to meet a guy for dinner. 

"Its just gonna be a simple dinner though... You know, just to thank him for the other night" she said, while heading to her closet to choose an outfit for her 'date'. 

"If you say so" I teased. 

Why so I feel so jealous? Is it because Jin Rin has a date or the fact that I dont have one? Or that one person...

" What you thinking about? Did you hear what I just said?" Jin Rin asked, pulling my thoughts back to earth. 

"Yeah" I lied. 


Okay Min Suga pull yourself together. Its just a dinner. 

I straightened my outfit as I waited for Jin Rin at the bus stop. 

"Hey you" a voice emerged from the back. 

I turned around. . She looks amazing.

The way her hair was done, the way her dress fitted perfectly on her body, the thin but yet very appealing makeup that she dawned on her face. 

I stared at her. 


Oh god did I overdo it? Why was he staring at me like that? I gulped. 

"Everything alright?" I asked. 

"Uh yeah, everythings fine. Its just tha- just that" he stopped halfway.

"Just what?" i probbed, a little curious as to what was making his stutter. 

"Just that you looked beautiful tonight"

Did he just say that? *turns red*


Did I just say that? *turns red* 

"Uh its that way" I immediately changed the topic, pointing north, towards the direction of the restaurant. 

Oh god please just kill me now. 


The food came in real quick and we began dining in. We were so engrossed in talking about the latest mixtapes that were released ( yes we had similar interests ) until I received a text from Hyun Hyo. 

It read:

"Ill be sleping early tonight. Im not feeling too well. But dont worry about it. Ill be fine after some rest. Have fun during your 'not date but dinner'. Love ya babes."

Something is wrong... Oh that's right... Theres only one thing thats bothering her now... Jeon Jungkook. 

"Sorry about that, it was important" I apologised. 

He shook his head and smile. 

Oh man that was cute.  

"Actually, do you mind if I ask you something?" 

He looked up at me and nodded, still slurping his soup.

"Im usually not so direct but why does Jungkook hate Hyun Hyo?" 

His expression hardened.


I was surprised by her sudden question. She looked at me seriously now. 

"What? Why would you think that?" I said avoiding eye contact.

Oh Jungkook you ruined this moment you brat 

"I dont know... Maybe because he's been treating her like a bigger jerk than he originally was?" 

She didnt seem too pleased.

Think of something Min Suga. Quick. 


"He is just hiding" he said, as he placed his bowl down, making full eye contact with me. 

Hiding? From what?

It was as though he could read my mind. 

"From his past."


So now we know that Jungkook is slowly opening his heart 

to Hyun Hyo but will he be able accept his feelings 

towards her? Will Suga tell Jin Rin the whole truth?