Chapter 12 - My heart. It hurts.

Am i in love with you?

ahhh-" I flinched at the touch of the medication on my arm, trying to pull my arm away. 

He glared fiercely at me, tightening his grip.

"Ouch that hurts more!" I screamed at his actions. 

He smirked with the 'I told you' expression on his face. 

"If it continues to be red or hurts, just go see the doctor alright?" he said, his focus fixed on applying the med on my arm. 

Why is he so careful and comforting every time Im hurt but also the reason why Im hurt in the first place?

The application of the med were swift and quick. He also wrapped a bandage around my arm. Does he know whats he's doing? When it was done, I stared at my arm. Why was I so careless? Then it hit me- Jungkook. 

"Why are you doing this?"I asked, looking down onto the ground, avoiding eye contact.

Why are you always hurting then treating me? 


I wish I could just tell you... But I cant. And I wont.

"Oh, well I was just doing an errand for someone and he wanted to make sure that you were treated" 

Right Jungkook. Great and who is this someone? Now think of someone quick. 

"Someo- Who?" she asked, confused and surprised.

Its me. And I couldnt stand the fact that youre hurt.

"Uh-" 

Come on think Jungkook think! 

"Jimin hyung" 


So he didnt do it because he cared. But because it was an errand. I felt my heart breaking. Again. 

"Well it makes sense now." I said out loud. 

He looked confused.

"I know that Jimin has a thing for me so I guess that he was a little shy to approach me himself." I reasoned with myself.

 "Tell him I said thanks and that I'll repay his kindness soon" I said, standing up. 

He stood still. 

Arent you gonna stop me from going?

"Thanks... For helping me apply this" I raised my arms up towards him and bowed a little, "Ill be heading off first" before turning away and walking off. 

He stayed silent and watched me walk away. 

The look on his face... Why was it so sad... Each footstep I took was heavy and my mind was telling me to turn and run back to him. My heart was somehow hurting again. Why am I feeling like this? My mind started to flash my memories with Jungkook. The first time I fell for him. The first encounter with him. The night at the hospital. The image of me crying. 

Why am I still holding on even though he is pushing me away? My tears started to fall.  

Hyun Hyo, if you dont wanna get hurt anymore, maybe its best if you leave. Walk and move on. You can do this. No matter how painful it is, its better to stop getting hurt now before it gets worse. First love? More like first heartbreak...


I watched her leave. I didnt stop her. I didnt tell her. 

That I cared for her. That I didnt want her to hurt. That I... I think Im starting to like her.

Seeing her leave made my heart hurt. It was almost the same feeling as seeing my Hyun Hyo, struggling in the water. How both Hyun Hyo are struggling and its all because of me. Dont leave me...

I waited till her figure disappeared behind the street before I fished out my phone. 

"Hyung..."


"Well that went well" I said, smiling to Jin Rin walking out of the restaurant. 

She smiled and nodded. 

Oh she looks so pretty every time she smiles. 

We managed to have a proper meal and exchanged apologies for the incident the other day. I was glad that we both were able to get over the argument and start afresh. Looks like there might still be a chance for something to happen. 

"Actually, I was heading over to the stadium to watch the the perf-" she said, a little soft, biting her lips.

She is so cute when she's nervous. Is she asking me out on a date now? 

"I'd love to" I said, without her to complete her sentence. 

She looks surprised but soon disappeared into a huge smile. 

"Lets get goin-" 

Both our cell phones rang at the same time. We looked at each other and excused ourselves to pick the call. 

"Yes Jungkook?"


"Yes Hyun Hyo?" I asked. 

I listened to what she was saying over at the other end of the line. She was crying. She met Jungkook. 

I looked up at Suga, who wore the same expression as me. Worried. 

"Ill see you at home" I said, before ending the call. 

Suga had finished his call as well. We looked at each other. We didnt have to explain to each other. We knew what was happening and where we should be heading off to now.

"Its such a waste..." He said. 

"Yeah... But theres always another time." I said, hinting at him.

He seemed to get and nodded his approval, "Have a safe trip back home"

"You too" I smiled, before we turned and ran off in the opposite direction. 


I reached home only to find a small crying girl hiding under the sheets with some sad song playing from the music player. There were about 3 cups on the floor, all stained with chocolate. 

She must have been trying to force some happiness into her. Didnt seem to work well though.

"Hey you" I said, sliding onto her bed and under the sheets. 

She turned to me, eyes swollen. This kid has been crying hard. 

It pains my heart to see her crying that bad. She wanted to say something but she couldnt. She continued tearing. I patted her. She buried her face into the pillow. 

Hyun Hyo, its okay... I know it hurts but like you said, it might be better to stop getting hurt once and for all... 

She fell asleep after a long while. I tucked her in nicely and closed her room door. " Oh this breaks my heart". 

I sat at the sofa and stared out the window. It started to drizzle. "Oh well, at least we didnt get wet" I thought about the date that almost went perfect. 


 Jungkook told me that he was waiting for me at the pojangmacha nearest to our company's building.This kid, couldnt he have picked somewhere else if he was planning to get drunk tonight? I quicken my pace noticing the drizzle and headed for the tent. 

When I reached the tent, a drunk Jungkook was gushing what seemed like his 4 glass already. I sat on the stool opposite him. 

"Oh- Hyung is here!" he said, smiling and pouring me a cup. 

Yeap we have to cab home later. This kid is too drunk.  

Before I drank the glass, I sent a text to Jin hyung, just to let him know that Im with Jungkook and that they dont have to wait for us. 

"You know hyung- it hurts!" he yelled, his words a little sluggish. 

I looked at him. He looked terrible. 

"Where" I asked.

"Here! HERE ! It hurts here!" he hit his chest, now wailing," She is hurt! Because of me. And now it hurts me here!" 

"Yah, lower it down a little." I tried to hush him, noticing how much attebtion he is drawing. 

"NO!" he said, "I held in my feelings and thats how I lost her! I cannot do that! Not now!" 

It was pointless for me to shut him now. Its probably best for him to let everything off his chest now that he's not sober. I drank down another glass. 

"You know hyung- When she walked away, I feel pain here!" he hit his chest again "I wanted to stop her you know! But I couldnt bring myself to do it! Do you know why?" 

I shook my head. 

"Its because I dont want to burden her! I lost Hyun hyo and it hurt until I could die! " he continued, tears falling " I dont want to go through the same feeling again! She is too similar to Hyun Hyo and she makes me happy! But I cant afford to lose her! So! To save myself from the pain, I wont like her." 

"Jungkook, hyung understands. But arent you more hurt now? More hurt because what youre doing isnt right and you know it" I said. 

He poured and gulped down another glass.

"I know. But I dont she deserve me. I have a bad past, a fear of the storm and a cold personality! She wont be happy with me!" 

I reached out to pat him but he shrugged me off. 

"Hyung! I like her! I like so much! I like her so much it hurts!" he yelled before his head fell onto the table. 

Crap. 

"Yah! You cant be sleeping! Hyung isnt strong enough to carry you back!" I tried to shake him. 

Not working. Oh Jeon Jungkook you brat. 


Once we reached the dorm, the other members were already asleep. Thank god, at least we can skip being lectured. I pulled the sleeping Jungkook over to his room and yanked him onto his bed. 

"Okay were here" I panted. 

I faced the sleeping maknae. He still looks so tired and upset, even in his sleep. I tucked him in. 

"Jungkook-ah, hyung knows that you are in pain. Im sorry that I dont know what to do to help but jus know, hyung will always have your back" I whispered, before leaving his room. 


I woke up really early this morning. I got dressed and ready for work. I glanced at my watch. 6:30am. 

Great.  

I opened my room door slowly, trying not to wake Jin Rin up. I wanted to avoid having a conversation about yesterday. Yesterday... No Hyun Hyo. Youve had enough. No more crying and getting hurt from today okay? 

I successfully left the house without waking Jin Rin up and headed for the company. 


"Guess Im too early today." I said, entering the boy's dance practice room. Their concert in Japan is just two days away. They should be here practicing soon. 

I sat myself down in front of the piano that was over at the end of the room. I glanced around "Well, Im sure theres no one here yet. And it wont hurt to just play a little right?" 

I breathed and started to play the first song on my mind. Beyoncé's Broken-Hearted Girl and started to just express my buried feelings. 

I need to get him off my chest. 

"I dont wanna play that part. I know that I love you but let me just say I dont wanna love you in no kinda way. No no. I dont want a broken heart and I dont wanna play the broken hearted girl".  

Each note and each word I sang made me tear a little. I was so into singing that I didnt realise a figure approaching me from behind. 


" Yes! Im the earliest today! Now V owes me a drink" I said, remembering th stupid bet we made last night. I walked towards our dance prac room. But I got a shock. Inside the room, someone was singing by the piano. I took a closer look.

Hyun Hyo.

"What's she doing so early in the morning? And OMG SHE CAN SING. But why does she sound so sad and is there something wrong with my eyes? Is she crying?" I asked myself, opening the door slowly, trying not to disturb her singing.

"Wait this song- This is a sad song." I thought to myself.

Well done Park Jimin. Like that helps or anything.  

I walked towards her slowly. She was still oblivious about my presence. 

I sat myself down next to her.


 I got the fright of my life. Jimin sat himself next to me. I stopped playing and looked away, embarressed and quickly wiped my tears away. 

Ive been caught. 

"Why'd you stop? You were doing really well just now." he said, smiling. 

His smile was so nice it actually made me feel a little better. 

"Im sorry... I didnt know that someone was here. I was just- " I stopped. 

Just trying to forget... 

"Just getting rid of the feelings in your chest?" he continued. 

"How'd- I mea- Yeah..." I said. 

"I wont ask you what's bothering you so dont worry. But dont let my presence stop you. What you were doing just now, crying and singing, do it." He said, giving me a small smile, eyeing the piano. 

"But I-" 

He gave off a small laugh, "Okay I guess no one wants to be crying forever right? Stupid me. So, now lets get your mood back up. And bring back the cheerful and happy Park Hyun Hyo alrights?" 

I smiled. 

"Finally. A smile from you. Ive missed seeing that smile for the past week." he said before he started playing the piano. 

"You know this one right? You have to know it" he said, looking at me, cueing me to start singing. 


After I pressed the last note, she faced me and smiled.

"Thank you Jimin. I really needed that." she said, bowing a little. 

"Hey its alright! Im just glad that youre smiling and feling better already!" I replied. 

She's finally smiling! And its because of me! Great job Park Jimin! 

"Oh, thanks for this as well" she said, raising her bandaged arm at me "Jungkook told me all about it" 

Huhh? What did I do? And what did Jungkook say to her? Whats happening? 

"Ill buy you dinner as a form of thank you. For this and today. That's if youre not tired from today's parc" she said, looking at me. 

Wait what? Did she just say she wants to buy me dinner? Like as in together? Just the two of us? Eating? Jeez! 

"I guess Jungkook must have realised that I like her and wants to help me out! Thanks Maknae-ah!" I thought in my head. 

"Dinner sounds like fun" 


So what will happen next? Jimin and Hyun Hyo seems to be getting 

really comfortable with each other. Will Jimin be able to win over 

Hyun Hyo's heart?


Thank you for subscribing and thank you shshshsharina for upvoting my story! Ill work harder to give you readers a cooler and nicer story!