Chapter 15 - I Need You

Am i in love with you?

The lying body is now bare from the upper half. My heart started to jerk aboout in its position. My body froze. My eyes fixed on his bared skin.

Oh my god he's hot. 

The curves on his biceps that were bulging, his toned and hard chest, his chocolate bar like abs, his obvious and ripped trapezius muscle and his half shown v cut abs that runs perfectly along his obliques... 

Oh my... His body is.. I bet he gyms... Oh god why is my cheeks getting warm... Hyun Hyo you cant seriously be- OMG stop making your heart beat fast- but he's so y- wait are you drooling? Ew Hyun Hyo.. But- OMG stop it!

I slapped myself a little. No, doesnt seem to work. This is such a mental torture. The urge to feel his body and see if what I was seeing is real is EXTREMELY high. Its so tempting to just run my fingers- Stop it

I stared at him for awhile more, before my sense finally came back to me. God you idiot put a shirt on him so that you can function your brain again. 

ughghghh... Just awhile more- No- Omg Im gonna cry soon... Hyun Hyo you

I shut my eyes and turned away, leading my eyes to his outfit bag and fished out the first thing that I could find. An oversized white tee. Okay this will still be a tease but its better than being bare. A tease? OMG Park Hyun Hyo you need help. 

With my eyes still shut, I struggled to fit his body into the shirt, occasionally causing some skinship that makes my insides cringe but my cheeks flushed. 

Dont think wrong. Dont go there. Keep your eyes closed. 

Omg thank god. Its over. Phewww girl you can breathe now.

But my worries are far from over. "I dont really have to change him out of everything right?" I gulped, staring at his lower body.

I turned away, hiding my embarressment.

Ughgsbsxagifebfwe... I feel like Im gonna pass out if I continue this... Am I really gonna just- ugh no- but- oh man... Help?


I flicker my eyes open slowly. The sound of the piercing raindrops and the thunder made me a little more awake. I scanned the surrounding around me. 

Im safe from the rain. Im in a tent. And there's.. 

Hyun Hyo. She was back facing me and seem to having a debate with herself or something. But she's here.  

I shot myself up and immediately grabbed her into a back hug and sink my face into her shoulder. 

"AHHH!" She yelled, at my unexpected action, her body jumped a little.


Omg he's awake! But why is he back hugging me? Oh no just as I thought my heart could actually have a break from beating so fast because of Jungkook. 

My body was temporarily paralysed. His grip only seem tighten by the second. I felt my shoulder dampened a little. He was crying. 

Jungkook... 

This feeling... Him against me and so close to me... It feels so wrong but at the same so right...


I feel heart racing. But that didnt matter. Everything didnt matter. Even if my pride was on the line for crying.  It was as though she was the only one there. No noise, no rain, no thunder and no pain. 

Im so thankful you're here. Thank you Hyun Hyo... I dont want you to leave... I need you

She stayed still, her heartbeat gradually slowing down. I let her out of my arms. She turned. I couldnt face her. 

"Hey... Why are you crying? I told you itll be alright didnt I?" her soft voice broke the silence, trying to meet my eyes. 


Screw my indecisiveness and bitter heart. He was in this situation in the first place because of me. 

The sound of the thunder suddenly filled the tent. His body curled up, shutting his eyes tight. He looks so terrified.  

"Hey-look at me. Dont worry... Im here" He opened his eyes, surprisingly. He looks like a small and vulnerable young boy. I-I just can't avoid or hate you can I? I reached out and held his hands. They were cold. He stayed still, eyes still filled with fear and uneasiness. 

Stop giving me that look. I cant feel anything more than emphathy towards. I cant afford to go through another round of- Haishhhhshshsh, Jeon Jungkook you will be the death of me.

I pulled him towards my side. He was a little flustered and surprised by the sudden move. I pulled out my phone and my earpiece,"Movie?"


It's the first time since the hospital incident that we were sitting so close to each other. We both had one side of the earpiece in our ear. Hyun Hyo played the illegally downloaded movie from her phone.

"Its supposed to be a funny show so brighten up! A little laughter is good for the body" She nudge me, smiling.

The tent would occasionally sway a little because of the strong winds and the lightning and the thunder were putting on a duo act but that didnt seem to bother me. I wasnt even afraid anymore. But I wasnt watching the movie either. I was just-

Staring at her. Whenever the actors would crack a joke, her eyes will disappear behind a smile and her cheeks bone would protrude out. She would occasionally squeal and laugh loudly. She was so into the show she didnt even notice me staring at her. It's so nice to see her like that. It fills me up with so much warmth and comfort. 

'Why'd you think Superman always wore tight shirt?'

Hyun Hyo's eyes widen, in anticipation.

'Cos he always wore a 'S' shirt'

"HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA" she let out, smacking my thighs in pure delight.

I was a little taken aback.

She's so cute. 

When she finally realised what she just did, she immediately drawed her hand away awkwardly,"Sorry... I sometimes just dont notice that- I didnt mean to hit- I mean" 

"Its fine. It keeps me awake" I replied, showing a little smile. 

"OMG!" she screamed. 

What?! Did something happened?


HE SMILED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 WEEKS! 


"Oh sorry- I didnt mean to say it out loud but! You just smiled!" She exclaimed, her face brightening up like a child who got their first candy. 

Why would she- I did? I smiled? But why would she be so happy about that... 

"Finally... Its nice seeing you smile" she continued, before fixing her attention back to the movie. 

There was this sudden feeling in my heart. The urge to want to hold her. To want to continue making her smile like just now. To want to want and have her.

I continued to stare at her. Scanning every visible part of her. It somehow made me realise what a jerk I have been. Why couldnt I have seen this beautiful side of her earlier and held onto her? Why now? 


Even after the movie, the rain didnt stop. It wasnt as heavy as before but it was still raining. I looked at the Jungkook who was still in a daze. He had his knees up to his chest and his head leaning on them. 

He looks a little calm now... Should I- I mean I've been dying to find out but the other members would always just casually change the topic when ever I asked about it. I hope that he wont mind me asking...

"Jungkook?" 

He looked up immediately. 

"Do you- Do-Do you hate me?" I asked, nervously. 

He gave an odd face then shook his head. 

Seriously? Then what? 

"Then did I do something wrong?" I continued guessing.

He shook his head again. 

This is going nowhere... He's not gonna answer anyways... 


She dawned a disappointed and confused look on her face.

Should I just be honest? I mean- Should- Jungkook there wont be any other chance after this- But- But it hurts... 

While I was contemplating, Hyun Hyo turned her back on me, probably trying to hide the fact that she was disappointed because I didnt answer her. 

I took a deep breath. 

"Her name was Jeon Hyun Hyo." I said, slowly and softly.

Hyun Hyo immediately turned and faced me. 

"Who is-was?" she asked almost immediately. 

"Someone I really love and care about. Someone who I cant bare to loose." 

"My sister. My dead sister" 


The rain suddenly hit us really hard and out of the blue. I felt the strong wind against my body. I turned my body to where I last saw Hyun Hyo. 

"Hyun Hyo! No!" 

Hyun Hyo was in quite a distance into the water. Lightning started to dance above the water that was accompanied by the loud and intimidating sound of the thunder. 

I started running and calling after her name but she couldnt hear because of the surrounding noise.That was when it happened. 

The waves from the ocean started to grow bigger and bigger, approaching the shore at a fast speed. 

Hyun Hyo. I gotta get her out of there. Fast.  

"Hyun Hyo look at me! Come here now!" I shouted, making a dash into the water even though I cant swim. I was almost near her.

She finally heard me and turned to face me, waving, still oblivious about what was about to happen. Then suddenly-  

"Oppa! Oppa! Save me! Oppa!" 

The wave had reached us. I saw her body get swipped off the ground. She had no control and her body was being puppeted by the currents and being pulled in deeper into the sea. I saw her struggling and shouting out for me. 

"Hyun Hyo!" 

The waves continuosly crashed onto my body before my vision went blank. 


"And when I regained consciousness, I was already in the hospital. My parents said that they couldnt find her body" he said, head facing down, his body started to tremble. He was starting to cry again. 

Oh ... 

I did the only other thing I could think of. I moved up to him and pulled his head in towards my chest and held him close to me. His cries only got heavier. 

"Im so sorry.. I really am" I said, his hair with one hand and patting him with the other. 

A tear rolled down my cheeks. My heart felt a sharp pain. So that's what was bothering him. 

"Im so sorry- shhhhhshh.." I tried to calm him. 

Well, Hyun Hyo I hope you've gotten what you've wanted.  

An instance regret hit me. Jungkook Im sorry... I didnt know how painful it must have been for you all these time... Hearing the same name again... Im sorry... 

I didnt let him go. In fact, I grabbed him even tightly in my arms as the both of us cried together. 


As I was crying, I felt different. It wasnt tears of pain and grief but- 

It was tears of healing. 

I finally got it out of my chest. The memory and the deep feelings burried deep in me. All these while, I fought with myself to have it hidden. I thought it would be better that way. But now, after lettimg my memory of that day flow, and letting it out of my chest, I feel lighter. As though a huge burden was lifted off me and a dark secret being unlocked. But the best part is, I was in someone's arms. I wasnt alone when I faced my past. I felt safe. I felt relieved. 

I was with her. With Hyun Hyo. 


After a long while, once the crying had died down. He let loose of my grip and looked at me. 

"Im sorry if I was cold and distant." he said, eyes fixed onto mine "I was just afraid that I'd see so many similarities between the two of you and get hurt when you leave. I couldnt bear to lose someone like that again. Thats why I never planned on being nice on getting close to you..." 

So that's what it was... 

"Jungkook-ah..." But I was cut off by him. 

"Im sorry Hyun Hyo... I knew you had some feelings for me... But I thought it'd be best-" 

"If you stayed away from me" I completed.

He nodded. 

"But- I never really told anyone about my feelings- How'd you-" I asked, a little embarressed.

"I saw yor wallpaper. The one you edited? I was the only member that had a drawn heart" he said, smiling a little. 

Okay the atmosphere just got weird. Its so awkward... For me... Yecksnch 

"But now I realised" He said almost immediately, saving me from blushing and hiding away, "I dont want to lose you. I need you Hyun Hyo. I want you." 

My heart skipped a beat. My insides burning. My head throbbing. Was I dreaming? 

"Hyun Hyo-ah, if- If its still not too late for me, will you let me love you?" 

My brain died. Everything suddenly was pink. I felt my ears and my cheeks turning red. My breathing stopped for a moment. I looked at him. His eyes were fixed on mine. 

"Jungkook-ah, I-I cant." I looked down, "I dont wanna be hurt anymore-I just- My heart cant take it" 


I felt my heart cringe. I looked at the torn girl in front of me. 

The aftermath of how I hurt her. 

I cupped her face and looked straight into her eyes. It was like I could see a reflection of how fragile and hurt she actually was. 

"I know. And I'm sorry about that... I just couldnt bring myself to tell you the truth earlier" I said slowly, making sure that her attention is on what I was saying, "But I want you to know that I- I have never felt my heart being warmed up by someone else since 10 years ago until I met you. And as much as I tried to deny, my feelings for you only grew. I couldnt even think of what would happen if I dont see you." 

She stayed silent, her eyes still in a defense mode, unable to trust my words. 

"I-I really regretted being the one who made you cry instead of being the one who makes you smile and laugh. Please Hyun Hyo... Let me make it up to you... Let me- " I said, in a low and almost giving up voice. 

She shrugged me off. 

I guess its too late Jungkook... I was too slow... 

She positioned herself away from me and lied down. 

Okay, I guess that means no... And that I should stay away... So this what being rejected feels like.. wow... Guys, I finally feel you...


I lied down. 

Okay Hyun Hyo... I trust you on this... Dont blame me if something goes wrong...

"Im cold and its raining so it best to stay indoor" I said in on breath, turning my body to the side, facing the lost and sad looking Jungkook. 

"Huh?" 

I sighed, "Do I really have to repeat myself? I said Im cold. Ive had a long day today and I want to get some sleep." 

His eyes widen but he was still in confusion. 

How cute. 

"Are you gonna come here and warm me up or do I have to wait any longer?" 

His face suddenly lit up and he bit his lips. 

"Please dont make me wait-Im cold"


A/N 

Hey guys! I hope youve enjoyed this chapter! Im not sure if I can update as regular

as how I am doing now because school is starting soon! But I promise Ill have the 

next chapter ready soon!