Chapter 18 - Stars

Am i in love with you?

I ran as fast as my legs could back to the camp and laid the fragile body in the tent. Come on Jungkook think. I remember reading something about the poison spreading throughout the body... So what can a first aid box to do?! I need help! I need to get help as soon as possible. 

"Come on Hyun Hyo! We cant stay here. We gotta go and get help from somewhere or someone!" I said picking up her frail body and lifted her onto my back "Hold on tight okay, there's not much of buildings or a clinic in sight so I'll run okay? Just trust me and dont you dare go to sleep"

I'm not gonna lose another Hyun Hyo in my life. 

With Hyun Hyo on my back and our personal valuables in a sling bag in the front, I set off. Running of course. To be honest, I dont know where I'm heading to but all I know is that I have to run till I save her. God please dont take her away from me. Not now. Not ever. 


"Lay her down over here. Quickly!" the old man pointed to the straw bed and then turned to the old woman, "Quick get me my stuff!" 

I followed his commands and laid her down onto the bed. Her body was weak and burning. She had closed her eyes awhile ago and her breathing is slow. The old woman appeared with a tray that had a few leaves or twigs I dont know and a huge black pot. 

"I need you to dip the towel into the black pot and tap it onto your friend here. From her forehead to her neck. She needs to have her body temperature reduced" He handed me the towel. 

I immediately grabbed it and did as he instructed as he started to work on Hyun Hyo's wound. I couldnt focus on anything else except the exhausted and pale face that Hyun Hyo had. 

Thankfully, while I was running along the road that leads to the main highway, a truck passed us by. I managed to flag the truck and I met this old man. I quickly explained to him and asked him if he could give us a lift to the nearest hospital but he said She wont make it by then. He instructed me to get on board and he drove off at a speed that couldve gotten his license suspended if he was in Korea. But Im glad he did. We finally arrived at what appears to be his house and when I carried Hyun Hyo off the truck, the old man had already pulled out a straw bed and laid it down. 


"Okay, at least the poison is out of her body but she is still weak from the bite. You have to keep cool with the towel. Dont worry so much. She's fine now." 

I think that was the best Ive heard all day. 

"Thank you so much-Reall-Thank you." I managed, trying to stand and express my thanks.

"Nahh.. Sit down its okay. This is not the first time that someone got bitten." he explained "But youre lucky. Your friend here is a strong person. Usually when a person gets bitten they can only last for the next hour if they get treatment but she- she is a strong girl" 

"She is isnt she?" 

"Its almost evening and it'll be dark soon. If you want, you are invited to stay over at our place for the night." the old woman smiled. 

"Yes thats right. Its a good idea. Besides your friend here needs the rest" the old man added "It wont be long before she wakes up but when she does, make sure you feed her this." 

He pushed another pot and a small cup towards me. "It'll make her feel better" 

I thanked the elders before they headed into their room. I stared at the surroundings. We were deep into the woods and in the balcony of some old man's house who had saved Hyun Hyo's life. I looked down at Hyun Hyo. Wow... Guess we like the action more than the romance huh...


I coughed and jerked my body. Ahhh... My body aches... Badly.. I blinked my eyes a few times to try to get a better view of where I am- Oh wait. Where am I? What happened after... 

"Look who's finally up" I turned to the sound of the familiar voice. 

Jungkook. 

He immediately bent over and pulled me into his arms. 

"Dont you dare scare me like that ever again..." he said burying his face into my neck. His warmth breath igniting every part of my body, making the aching pain disappear and I sink in deeper into his embrace. 

"Im sorry... But what happened?" I asked as I pulled out of his embrace. 

"Well, what happened was that you almost died but you didnt, the kind folks who saved your life went out for dinner at their relative's leaving us alone in this house and I manged to still film some stuff while you were asleep. Its already nightfall. Oh before I forget, drink this" 

He poured me a cup of thick yellow liquid and handed it over to me "This is supposed to help make you feel better" 

"Wow... That's a lot for something that could happen in a day..." I said while taking in the drink he poured me "Jungkook?" 

"hmmm??" The boy asked, fumbling with his camera. 

"Im sorry and thank you" 

"That's it?" he questioned. 

"Uhhh.. yeah?" I replied a little flustered. What more am I supposed to say? 

He scoffed "I cant belive you. I just carried you on my back and ran to save your life and that's all Im getting in return? Geez girl, its not like youre as light as a feather or something" 

Oh... 

"Well, I was thinking about something but I guess youre not in the mood to find out arent you? Its okay... I can alw-" 

"What were you thinking of doing?" He asked, eyes widening in anticipation. 

"Nahhh.. Ill just keep it to expressing my gratitude verbally" I . 


Oh my god this girl I swear- 

"Fine. Then enjoy spending the night here alone cos I'm heading out to film" I smiled back at her. 

She glanced around her surrounding.

"N-now? But... its already late... Are you leaving me here alone?" she asked, her tone suddenly a little softer than usual, a little scared.

"I mean- I do have to film something at night... And you need the rest" I tried to reason but it was apparently not a wise move.  

"Fine. Go. You came here for work anyways" she replied before she turned her body away from me and went back to sleep. Or that's what I thought.


I waited for the sound of his footstep to disappear before I turned and sat up. I looked around and I felt my heart beating really quickly... Was I really alone? At a place that I wasnt familiar with? In the woods? I suddenly felt scared. No Hyun Hyo... This is okay, youre okay. No one is going to come and attack you... Youre safe... Breath Hyun Hyo breath. My palms were sweaty and I found myself hugging my knees to my chest while rocking myself. You'll be fine... Youre at the hospital right? I mean I can do this right? Im not alone. Jungkook will come soon right? That's right he will... 


After I filmed the night view of my new surrounding, I headed straight back. What is she doing now.. Is she still sleeping? Man I cant wait to show her the view... I bet she'll love it. 

When I got back, I was expecting to find a peaceful sleeping figure but instead- 

"Hyun Hyo?! What the hell happened?! Are you alright?!" I ran towards the crying mess. 

"Hyun Hy- I " I tried to reach out for her. 

"Leave me alone. Dont touch me. Go away" she said through sobs and covered her face with her knees. 

"What's wrong Hyun Hyo... Are you okay... Im really sorry- I didnt mean to leave you alone..." I explained but then it hit me. 

I remembered the incident back at the hospital and why Jin Rin was so worried about leaving Hyun Hyo alone in the hospital... Something must've happened and- Great Jungkook... You do have a talent for making girls cry. 

"Hyun Hyo..." I slowly tapped on her shoulder "Hey... Im here now am I. Look, Im sorry I left you alone just now. I just remembere-" 

"What do you know? You don't know what I've been through" 


*FLASHBACK* 

"No let me go! Help! Help!" 

But is was useless. My screams and call for help couldnt be heard from where I was. I don't exactly know where I was at but I had to be in one of the wards of a hospiatal because that was the last place I remembered to be at after the accident.  

"Don't worry child. Its just on-" 

"Let me go!" I managed to break free for her grasps and made a run for the door but was soon stopped by another figure. 

"Where do you think youre going little girl? We're not done yet." 

"Daddy! Mummy help me!" 

The man and woman laughed, "Honey, they're gone. And you should have been too as well but you got lucky with the accident. Now, we'll make sure that there isnt any more mistake" 

"No! Help me please" Both figures started to move closer towards me. 

"Say hello to your mummy and daddy for me" the man smirked. 

"Noooooooo!" 

The door of the ward opened. 

"What is going on here?!" 

"Call the cops!" 

""

"Come here child... Youre safe now.." 

I clung onto the figure- not being able to understand and see what was happening around me. But that person who was dressed in white- a doctor? a nurse? I wasnt sure but all that I knew was that person saved me. 

-An hour earlier- 

"Where is mummy and daddy? Why arent they here yet?" 

The nurse looked at me with a sad and sympathetic look," Well, they left-" 

"Nurse Kang, youre needed in room 43" the other nurse said. 

"Hyun Hyo, Ill be back to tend to you later. You lay here and be a good girl okay?" 

I nodded and watched the figure disappear before closing my eyes. 

The room was a single bed large room. I was sleeping peacefully before the door slide open. 

"There she is. And youre right. She didnt die yet" 


"Stay away from me" Hyun Hyo barked, pushing me away and hiding her face even deeper into her knees. 

This cant be... What the hell did that mean? What made her so afraid of being alone? Jin Rin has got some explanation to do when we get back. 

"Stop crying right now" 

"What- what the hell" 

"Get up" I said sternly, yanking her body off the bed and pulled her out. She tried to resist but she was far weaker than I was so she was forced to follow. 

"Where are you taking me-Let me go" she said in between sobs. 

Ill show you in awhile. 


The air suddenly got even more cooler, the sound a little quiter and the surrounding even darker. I took in a deep breath when Jungkook suddenly halted. 

"Why did you pull-" 

"Shhhshh... Look... " he pulled so that I was facing him, using his finger to lift my chin up. 

What lay before me, or above me, was a balnket of stars that filled the dark night. Each of the star shining so brightly and glistering in the sky. 

"Its-Jungkook its so-" 

"Beautiful" 

I took in another deep breath. The sight was incredible. The stars just seemed endless and each having a part to play in creating such a beautiful natural work of art. I was taking in the beauty of the sky before I felt Jungkook's hands snake around my waist. I looked at him in the eyes. 

"Yahhh... Youre surprisingly calm and quiet for such a view. I was expecting you to be screaming or jumping around but- well I guess calm Hyun Hyo is cool too" he said, beforeresting his forehead on mine. 

"Im really sorry... I didnt know- I just- Sorry Hyun Hyo... If I had known and recalled earlier, I swear I would have stayed with you... Im sorry" 

I couldnt even speak... I didnt know how to feel.. Just a few minutes ago, I was having fears of my past coming back to haunt me but now - I feel so relaxed and calm... 

"You dont have to tell me right now. Dont worry... But just, dont cry. Dont ever cry when Im not there to make you feel better or there to face it with you. Promise me okay?" he looked deep into my eyes. 

His eyes were just like the sky, so beautiful and hard to look away from. 

"I-I Jungkook Im sorry- I just" 

He pressed his lips agaisnt mine. The kiss caught me by surprise. The feeling of his soft lips on mine, how he gave both my upper and lower attention before sliding his tongue his tongue in. It was a slow and gentle kiss but an affectionate one as well.

When we both out almost all our breath away and pulled away, Jungkook laughed, "You know, this is my first time kissing a girl 3 times a day, each with different emotions and needs" 

Excuse me 

I shot him the 'youve got to be kidding me right now' face and he laughed even more. 

"Thank you Jungkook... I really mean it" and smiled at him before nuzzing my face in his chest. 

"Hehe... Well, now that youre all fine, should we head back? Its quite late" he asked. 

I nodded before taking a last look at the beautiful night sky and turned to give Jungkook another kiss. 

"Girl if you keep tempting me like that, I might not let you sleep tonight" 

"Go ahead"

"I hope you dont mind the grass because the house is too far and I dont think I'll last that long"

So, beneath the stars, we were creating our own beautiful moment. One that is even more beautiful than the night sky.


"Take care of each other alrights?" the old man said, before biding us farewell. 

"Thank you so much for everything. We really appreciate it" the both of us said together at the same time. 

The kind old man had sent us back to our base camp after feeding us with breakfast.

We waved at the truck before it disappeared completely. 

I looked at Jungkook. 

"So, I guess its time to pack up" 

"I guess so too"


Hey Guys! Okay finally Chap 18

is out! Im so so sorry for not updating! 

Ill be uploading Chapter 19 so wait for it!