Chapter 7 - Coffee?

Am i in love with you?

I slammed the door shut and threw my bag on the sofa. 

"Rough day at work today?" Jin Rin asked, a little worried. 

Jerk. 

"Oh no its nothing... Just that I had a really long day at work and if that didnt make things bad enough, Jungkook had a drink with me..." I went on. 

She just looked and nodded occasionally,"I guess today must have really changed your perception of him right?" she asked offering a hug. 

As always, you can always count on Jin Rin for comfort. 

I only burried my face onto she shoulder. I was just too angry and tired to think of anything else. 


Did I go too far? 

Well, today was definitely a weird experience. Why am I so bothered about what happened at the cafe? I mean its not like Im not used to pissing people off. But what is his different feeling today? Why only towards her? Ugghhh whatever... 

"Pull yourself together Jeon Jungkook. Youre handsome, talented and very desirable. A girl like that isnt gonna affect you at all." I stared at the fogged mirror of the dorm's washroom. 

I pulled on my sweat shirt and headed out of the toilet to see Jimin and Jin hyung sitting on the sofa watching the food programme playing on the TV. I sat at the seat next to them. Their attention shifted to me. 

"So how was it Maknae? Did you apologise and thank her?"

I shifted uncomfortably at their question. "Uhhh I guess?" 

"Sure? You seem to look like youre in distress. Everything alright?" Jin asked, eyeing me more closely this time. 

"Yeah... Why wouldnt I be?" I replied with a small fake laugh, hoping that the hyungs will buy the story. 

"Well if thats what you say. Im glad that you are fine with her now. We are going to be working closely with her anyways so at least you guys have cleared the misunderstanding" Jimin said and smiled at me. 

Yeah. Fine. We get along just fine. 


"Oh that's right! Things have been so busy I didnt manage to ask you. Are you feeling better? I mean with your boyfr-"

"Im fine dont worry. I drank all of my sadness away already." She replied swiftly.

"Well, sorry for not being there for you though... Things have just been cray recently" I said before I headed for the showers.

"Hey, just get a bath and come join me for dinner. Im sure that tomorrow will be a better day." She smiled. 

Yeah, one can only hope.


 "Good morning Hyun Hyo!" someone attacked me from the back. 

I immediately pulled his arm and swinged his body to the ground, twisting his arm. '

"OOOOOUUWUWUUWUWUW!" 

 

"Im so sorry Jimin-shi! I didnt mean to- I me- I sorry I real-" I said as I helped him off the ground.

"Oh no Im sorry, I shouldnt have scared you like that." He said, adjusting and looking at his arm, "But wow that was impressive! How'd you managed to do that?!" 

"Uh, well I train.. But are you okay?! Im really sorry!" I said giving him an apologetic smile. 

He just laughed it off and shrugged. 


Woah... She looks pretty when she's in action... 

She helped me up and apologised. 

"Oh come on it was an accident! No big deal! Come on, let's head to the dance room! You are staying to look over our practice today right?" I asked her, leading the way to the furthest room down the corridor. 

"Yeah! Bang PD-nim asked me to sit in for your practice. Just to familiarise myself with the duration of your concert and of course, if you guys actually need my assisstance." She replied and gave me a dimple smile. 

Second attack. Wah she's really gonna make me red in the face again. 

"Yah Jimin-shi your eyes are pink. You okay? I didnt know a small lift can make you so nervous! You okay?" she asked, gigling at the sight of my pink ears.  

Oh man 

"Yah! I me- I mean its probably just the weather. Its a little cold so my ears gets pink easily" Please buy that excuse. 

She laughed an teased, " Okay Jimin-shi. Ill be extra careful with you next time okays?" and continued laughing as we entered the dance practice room.


" Where is Jimin hyung? Why isnt he here yet?" I asked V hyung who was playing with his phone. 

"Dont know. But he'll be here soon." he replied, eyes still glued to the phone's screen. 

Just then the door opened and a sweet and warm laughter filled the room. Everyone looked at the direction of the door. It was Jimin hyung and her.

Why were they together? And what was so funny?  

She smiled and greeted the rest of the members. They all smiled and returned her greeting.

"Okay now that everyone is here shall we begin our practice?" Bang PD-nim asked from the corner of the room. 

Everyone immediately got ready and Hyun Hyo took a sit next to Bang PDnim. 


" Is this your first time watching the boys practice?" Bang PD-nim asked. 

I responded and gave him a nervous smile. He smiled and nodded. 

"I think you will enjoy this then. I wont be here for the entire practice because I have a meeting to attend. Their will managers will keep you company here. Just help them to make sure the boys finish their practice and behave." he said and gestured for the managers to be sitted closer to me. 

"Yes. Thank you sir. Ill do my best!" I replied and greeted their managers. 


"Okay guys take a 10 minutes break!" Mr Son, our dance teacher said. 

"ARHGUSFU" everyone groaned and literally dropped on the ground, exhausted. 

"Iced coffee anyone?" a voice cracked. 

Everyone immediately shot up and headed for her. Hyun Hyo. She was holding about 10 iced drinks up and passing them out to the members and the two managers.

It was as though the members were in the middle of the desert and that Hyun Hyo was their saviour. 

" THANKYOUSOMUCHPARKHYUNHYOYOULIVESAVER!" Suga exclaimed, his eyes beaming as he sipped the iced coffee. 

She handed everyone their drinks and they thanked her. There were two drinks left in her hands. One of them obviously mine. 

"Here..." she said as she stretched the drink towards me. 

I watched her facial expression. She seems looks fine I guess after yesterday's incident. Does this mean that she isnt pissed off at me?

 I glanced at the drink and frowned, "I dont drink coffee." 

"ohh- Well sor-" she murmured, a little taken aback by my statement.

"Yah Jungkook-ah cant you just accept it already? She took the trouble to get it for us and yet you're behaving like a brat" Namjoon hyung scolded. 

I glared at the coffee. 


Okay well, I dont blame Jungkook for not wanting the coffee. I dont drink coffee too but- 

"Oh Namjoon-shi its okay! I have an extra iced chocolate here!" I said as i handed my order to him, " You do drink chocolate right? I mean since you ordered chocolate yesterday..." 

Oh man there goes my iced chocolate.... *cries internally* 

He just stared at the drink, hesitating to take it for a moment.

"Its alright. You need it more than me" I said, assuring him that its okay for him to just take it. 

To my surprise, he did. 


Oh this has got to be the sweetest thing I've tasted today. Enough to help me get my energy back up. I glanced around the room and saw the members lying around, sleeping or using their phones. Then she caught my attention. She was staring at the iced coffee with a really umcomfortable face. 

What? Does she not drink coffee as well? 


"I suggest you drink that quickly. Once the practice starts, it'll be hard for you to leave the room to throw your rubbish out" Manager Sejin told me. 

I smiled and gulped. I diverted my sight to the drink in my hand. But it'll be such a waste to just throw this one.

"Okay Hyun Hyo, let's just take a few sips and we're done okay?" I comforted myself, "Sorry Jin Rin, I guess I cant keep the no coffee promise. For now at least" 

I took a slip. Oh no. I coughed on that sip. Some of the eyes of the people in the room were on me. I bowed a little, embarressed at my actions but their gazes were still on me. I have to act natural. I took in another sip. My breathing suddenly got tighter and my eyes got teary. I stood up, fighting the sudden ache in my head. 

"Hey, you alright?" Jimin asked, tapping on my shoulder. 

I simply nodded. There was no way I would tell them I was allergic to caffeine. I managed a smile. 

"I need the washroom. Let me help you guys throw those out" I said, collecting their emptied drinks. 

"Yah maknae, give her a hand" Namjoon said. 

I looked over to Jungkook. He did'nt seem to like that idea much but I guess he didnt want to be in deeper trouble with his hyung so he stood up and snatched them from me,brushing my hands a little. Did Jungkook just made physical contact with me? I stared at my now free hands. 

"What you staring at?Arent you going?" he asked me, annoyed. 

"Ah yes- sorry" I said and went along. 


The headache was getting worse. My breathing was starting to get slower. 

Oh why was the dusbin so far away? Oh right, we arent even supposed to be eating or drinking in here. Stupid. 

My footsteps began to feel heavy. No. No. Please dont do this to me. Dont act up right now. I looked up and saw Jungkook. He was moving his hands about and turning about so I assumed he was talking to me. But I couldnt hear it... 


"I mean what Im trying to really say is thanks" 

No response. What? She mute now? How rude. She must enjoy seeing Namjoon hyung addressing me just now. 

I quicken my pace and threw the rubbis out, turning only to find a pale and slow moving figure behind me. 

"Were you even listening to what I was saying just now?" I asked.

Rude wench. 


That was it. I couldnt hold it in anymore. I wa-

I felt my legs gave way. 

"Hyun Hyo!" 


I dont know if it was an instict but I got to her before her body hit the ground and cushioned the fall using my body.Her body felt so fragile and weak. 

"Yah! Can you hear me? Why are you not moving?"

Oh no. Is she dead?


Author's Note

One can be allergic to coffee but can one be allergic to Hyun Hyo for a long time? 

Please anticipate the next chapter to see if Jungkook is able to open up to Hyun Hyo!