No Way!

'Forced' Marriage!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LONG update! Just to make some lovely people happy *^_^*

Words: 55xx

The boy was running as fast as his feet could carry. Three little kids, 2 boys and 1 girl were running in front of him in the same pace. Suddenly, the girl falls. "Oppa!" She shouts. The boy turned looked back to find the little girl on the ground, hurt. She had tripped on a root. The boy looks behind her, and sees light, being mostly from torches, coming towards them. The boy rushes to the girl and turns his back. "Get on. NOW!" The girl gets on the boy's back. Then, the boy and the other two kids start running with him.

Since the boy was carrying the girl, his pace decreased. But still he managed to run fast. The roots and bushes weren't of any help to increase the pace of the kids but they were at least making the people following them be far away.

They run and run until the people following them were no longer seen. The sun was rising. The boy scanned around and saw there was a stream nearby. He looked at the kids were still panting. "You guys must be thirsty. Look" he points at the stream "let's drink some water and wash our faces. Okay?" He says it a bit cheerfully. He didn't want to show that he was as scared as the kids.

"Hyung, you don't have to show you're strong. We are all together in this." One of the boys said.

"Minho... I know, that. But Jiwon is still small to understand that. I know you're a big boy but Jiwon isn't. I at least have to pacify her, right?" The boy said, ruffling Minho's hair.

"That's right, Minho." The other boy added.

Mino rolled his eyes "Please. You always support hyung no matter what. Do you love him that much?"

"I love him as much as you do. No, even more!" The other boy stuck his tongue out.

The boy chuckled. He ruffled the younger's hair "You don't start your bickering here. Let's go and have some water." He held Jiwon's hand and started walking towards the stream.

The 2 boys nodded and walked behind the oldest boy. The stream was nearby. They quenched their thirst and washed their hands and faces. The boy cleaned Jiwon's wound with water. "Don't cry. We're fine, okay?"

Jiwon looked at the older boy, her eyes still filled with tears. She mumbled "Mama. Papa."

The older boy embraced the crying girl "Mama and Papa are there. They're waiting for us outside. They promised they'll save us." The boy tried to pacify the girl but who was he kidding? His parents would be alive, waiting for them outside this swamp? That was impossible for the boy had seen his parents being killed with his own eyes. He could never forget that and he was sure it would haunt him for the rest of his lives. The other 2 boys knew it as well and the older was thankful that they acted brave. The little girl had no idea though and at that moment, the older boy could only lie to her. There was no way he was telling her the truth right now.

They rested beside the stream for a while. The sun was up now. The older boy looked around. He knew that the people following them could be there at any moment. They shouldn't be staying there anymore. He looked at the 3 kids who were sleeping, with him as the support. He woke them up. "We need to go now. Staying here for long isn't safe." He helped the kids get up. He brushed off the dirt from their clothes. "Now, let's go." 

The kids looked at him and shouted "Hyung!""Oppa!" "Hmm?" As the older lifted his head, he felt something hard hit his head. Soon, the pain started rushing in. He looked at the kids and saw their shocked faces. He wanted to call out to them but he couldn't find his voice. He felt his sight getting blurred. He felt as if the scene front of him would black out any soon. But he could see that the kids were being dragged away. Suddenly one of the boys frees himself and runs towards the older boy. The boy was running and shouting "Hyung!" The older boy finally found a bit of his voice "M... Argh!"

"Argh!" Siwon got up. He was sweating profusely. He was trying to get back his breath. He grabs his head. He recognizes himself in the dream. He was the oldest boy. 

What was that dream? Why am I in that? And who were those kids? I've never seen them. What were their names again? Min... Ji... Ugh, I can't remember it! Why am I with those kids anyway? I don't remember anything like that ever happening with me.

He massages his temple to decrease the pain. He looked around to find an empty bed. Where is Kyuhyun? He looks at the clock. It was 1:30 a.m. Is he out at this hour? He gets off the couch and grabs the jug of water to find it empty. "I guess I have to go to the kitchen." He went to the kitchen and quenched his thirst. Now, where did that brat run off to?

Siwon started searching for Kyuhyun. He searched the hallways, the living room, the library, the study, the lawn and mostly wherever he could. Where did he go? He remembered that he didn't search the terrace.

He rushed towards the terrace. He could hear Baba's voice. Baba is on his late night walk, huh? But, whom is he talking to? It must be Kyuhyun. He neared the door which opened to the terrace. He could hear Kyuhyun's voice as well. There he is! Siwon was about to open the door when he heard what Kyuhyun was saying on the other side "His memories have been locked? Is that even possible?"

Memories being locked? Whose? Who are they talking about? Siwon pressed his ear against the door to hear the conversation.

What he heard next shocked his soul. He couldn't believe that the person whose memories had been locked were his. HIS! He couldn't control it anymore. He pushed the door open and found Kyuhyun and Baba sitting on the bench.

Siwon couldn't stop himself from asking "My memories have been locked?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun and Baba looked at Siwon, surprised. They didn't expect him to appear suddenly. But they knew that Siwon had heard a part of their conversation, otherwise there was no way he would ask that.

Baba sighed "Siwon, how much have you heard?"

"From the point you started explaining about my memories being locked... but why? Why did it happen? Forget that, why didn't you tell me?!" Siwon busrt out. His emotions were getting him and he wasn't able to suppress them.

Baba was shocked at Siwon's outburst, but that wasn't something unexpected. Anyone in Siwon's place would be reacting the same way. He wanted to say something but Siwon stopped him "No. I want you answer me first. I don't really care that my memories are locked. But, why wasn't I told about it before? Why am I getting to know about this after these many years? Did you not trust me? Did you think I would run away? And why am I knowing it while you're telling it to someone else? If I wasn't here right now, then this thing might have been hidden from me for many more years. When exactly were you planning to tell me that? Oh wait, you never planned to tell me that, did you?" Siwon ended, sounding a bit spiteful.

"Siwon..." Baba got up from the bench and was about to walk towards Siwon but Siwon stopped him "I want the answer from there."

Baba sighed "Fine. If you've heard the whole explanation then you would know why I wanted to hide it from you. You used to have nightmares and you even tried to escape from the house. I couldn't let that happen. I was helpless. I wanted you to free from all that mess. So, I accepted the psychiatrist's suggestion. And I didn't want you to know because if I would tell you, you would definitely enquire and try to find about it and that wouldn't be good since the psychiatrist had told that once your memories have been locked, they would be really hard and painful to be brought back and I didn't want you to go through pain. I'm sorry that you're getting to know about it like this but I was worried it might affect you. Is my worry not genuine?"

"It is." Siwon said slowly. Then he fell to the ground. The words which he had told were not matching his actions. Siwon looked really shocked. He wasn't on the verge to cry but his expression screamed that he was feeling betrayed.

Kyuhyun didn't know what happened to him. Without him realizing, he had walked to Siwon and was now hugging him, to give him strength to deal with it. Siwon looked at him, surprised. He didn't expect that. Normally, Siwon would have pushed him away but right now deep in his heart, he felt like he needed it. He didn't know to to explain it but he just felt the need.

Kyuhyun was surprised with himself. Why am I hugging him? Kyuhyun questioned himself but couldn't seem to find answers. A tiny voice replied in his mind

Because you are able to relate to him.

Relate to him? How?

Ask that to yourself, not me.

Aren't we both the same?

Well, yes... but I don't know. Now, go back to reality.

Kyuhyun stopped talking with himself and found himself still embracing Siwon. He glanced at Siwon's face. The expression Siwon had was something he could relate to. He was like that when he found out that Siwon had tricked him into marriage. The feeling of disappointment and sadness along with betrayal. They were experiencing the same feelings though their situations were different.

"Siwon, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked, then mentally slapped himself for asking such a dumb question.

"Do you expect me to be okay?"

"No... Come on, get up." Kyuhyun helped Siwon get up.

"Siwon, I'm sorry but I was concerned about you. I didn't want you to be in any kind of pain. I didn't want you to have any more nightmare. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?" Baba asked, sounding concerned. 

"Hmm. I understand." Siwon turned around. "Good night, Baba." He walked away. Kyuhyun quickly bowed to Baba and went behind Siwon. Baba sighed That boy must be disappointed. I understand... He too went to his room.

But the three of them failed to notice the fourth person who was seeing all this and was now erupting in fury and jealousy. And that was Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi was awake, still working at that hour. He had come out to get some fresh air and was about to get onto the terrace when he saw from the door that Siwon was talking with Baba and then he suddenly dropped to his knees. But what made Zhou Mi jealous was when Kyuhyun went and hugged Siwon. At that moment, Zhou Mi felt he could die. He was filled with jealousy. Kyuhyun was being too much for him to bear. First, Kyuhyun accepted the marriage and took care of Siwon when he was sick. Then Siwon saved Kyuhyun and when Zhou Mi apologized to Kyuhyun, he didn't respond back. And now, Kyuhyun was hugging Siwon. So, now you decided to accept your fate and want to start anew with Siwon? You're ready to forget me so soon? Well, I'll show you that you're not the only one who can overcome that. I'll prove it to you that I can move on from you as well.

~~~~~~~

Siwon goes into his room and sits on the couch. Kyuhyun follows him in "Siwon, are you okay?"

Siwon grabs his head "But the nightmares have started again."

"Huh?" Kyuhyun asked, confused.

"The nightmare... I got a nightmare again."

"Oh..." Kyuhyun kept silent. He didn't know what to say.

"Kyuhyun..." Siwon called him softly.

"Did you call me?" Kyuhyun asked, unsure whether Siwon actually called him.

"Yes... why did you hug me on the terrace? You wanted to show Baba that you care about me when you actually don't?"

"Who told I don't care about you?!" Kyuhyun asked in a loud voice. Seeing Siwon startled, Kyuhyun decreased his voice "Well, I don't really care but I could relate to you that time and trust me, that wasn't fake sympathy."

I could feel that... "Anyway, thank you." Siwon said.

Kyuhyun smiled back. They stayed quiet for few minutes. Then, Siwon broke the silence "Kyuhyun, why do we always quarrel? I tried to think of reasons but there really weren't any good reasons..."

"I have no idea. You're the one who started it before. Soon, it became my habit to start it."

"Then..." Siwon looked at Kyuhyun, who was now sitting in an armchair "Should we start from the scratch?"

"Scratch? What do you mean?"

"Let's just stop all this bickering once and for all. I want us to be friends. We have to be together for 3 months and I don't want 3 troubling months. So, why don't we just start from being friends?"

"You mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter