There Are Two Parts to Every Story Pt. 1

The Tales of the Royalty

 

You forgot to walk with me today. How could you?

I waited for you, at our normal spot. I'm always waiting for you.

It was cold. But not as cold as the emptiness in my heart.

I had forgotten a jacket today.I wanted your arms around me.

The wind blew straight through me, its piercing coldness seeping into my bones. I felt invisible, like a ghost of yesterday, forgotten.

I sneezed. Were you thinking of me?

I shivered.I was thinking of your soft touch.

The clouds began to cover the sun, darkening the sky, making the already dreary afternoon seem even more ominous. I need your smile; it's the sunshine to my life. I need to see your shining face, your beautiful, unmistakable eyes.

The rain starts pouring down, washing away the tears from my face. The opening in the sky is almost as large as the one in my heart.

I forgot my umbrella today. I thought you'd have one and share it with me.

My clothes are soaking wet, and the coldness and wetness from the rain is seeping into my body. I look like a wet dog, shivering and hopeless; helpless.

I run to the coffee shop across the street for shelter. The one where we first kissed, over a cup of coffee.

I keep glancing across the street. Hoping to see you; to see if you'd come.

I'm on my third cup of coffee, and my fifth slice of pumpkin bread. The same things we had shared on our first date together.

I'm still not satisfied. I'm waiting for your kiss to fill my stomach and my desires.

It's getting late; people are running around in the rain, trying to go home, to someplace warm. I'll stay right here, bathing in the warmth of our memories.

The coffee shop is about to close; the owner has already warned me three times. Three times. I've kissed you exactly three times.

I finally leave, walking back home in the pouring rain, with no umbrella; no protection. I know that I'm protected in your thoughts; guarded by your love. That's enough for me.

The house is empty; the lights are all off, the blinds on the windows shut tight. Nobody has been home for a while now. My home is with you; wherever you are, I'm there with you.

I change out of my sopping wet clothes and sit on the couch, facing the fire, feeling the heat radiating through my body. The couch: where we snuggled closely, watching our first scary movie together. Your head was buried in my neck, your arms were tightly wound around my waist. You were whimpering. I was giggling at your silliness.

My stomach growls, it's low sound echoing through the empty house. Right. Dinner. I took you out to dinner for our second date. You were wearing your beautiful red dress which took my breath away. You looked stunning, like a shimmering jewel in the moonlight.

I burned my fried rice. I gave up and made cup ramyun instead. You always chastised me for eating unhealthily. You said that ramyun was the worst possible meal. You threw away my entire stash.

The electricity goes off. The entire house is dark again, with the moonlight as my only source of light. Even still, I can't see. You hated the dark; you hated not seeing what was right in front of you. You stay close to me, saying that as long as you can see me, you'd be fine.

I lit up some candles, and the eerie orange glow bounced off of the walls, casting elongated and exaggerated shadows of the things around me. There were candles in the haunted house that we went to. The soft glow of the candles illuminated the features of your face, kissing your cheekbones and darkening the contours of your face. You looked beautiful.

The rain still hasn't stopped. In fact, it may even be raining harder. The wind has picked up; I can hear it howling like a mad dog outside. The strong force of the wind knocks against my windows, like an unwelcome stranger in the night. Every time I knock on your door, you'd answer it with a smile; you always knew that it was me. You'd jump into my arms and nuzzle your face in my chest. You'd always complain that I was too tall for you.

The wax on the candles melted readily, and the flame was dimming, about to extinguish. The flame in my heart will never cease to burn.

I crawl under my covers, closing my eyes. No matter how much I toss and turn, I can't seem to fall asleep: my head was filled with thoughts, with voices I hadn't even heard before. You wanted to sleep next to me. I watched you as you slowly fell into a deep slumber. You looked so peaceful, so angelic. I kissed your forehead once more, and brushed your short hair.

The voices continue without stopping. I try to shut them out. I close my eyes tightly and try and think of you. I'm always thinking of you.

Where are you?

I'll be right here. Waiting for you.