Chapter 17

Overcome [A NU'EST Fanfic]

Ren eventually went back up to their room to find everyone asleep. He grabbed his bag and left the inn, going to find Suho. He would be back by morning.

Ren whistled for Suho, who bounded over to him after a couple minutes. "Hey buddy," he said, managing a small smile. "I need somewhere quiet for a few minutes, mind coming with me?" He asked. Suho bowed his head some and Ren walked into the forest surrounding the town.

Aron appeared, walking beside Ren. "What's up?" He asked. "I just need to meditate for a few hours," said Ren. "I feel too wired up to sleep right now," he said. Aron nodded and faded away. Ren found a small clearing to sit in the middle of so he went and put up some protective barriers. "I trust you can warn me before something happens," he said to Suho, who sat down, watching Ren. Suho nodded and Ren set up his sleeping bag so he wouldn't be sitting in the cold snow.

Ren sat Indian style, taking deep breaths to calm himself. He closed his eyes, focusing on his breathing and the calmness around him. He soon found himself in his dreamworld, though he was still keeping watch of the clearing since he wasn't really asleep.

Luhan appeared in front of him, as Ren stepped away from his physical body. "You've never done this before," Luhan said, tilting his head to the side. "I have, but it's been a while since I've done it," said Ren. "So Kris is Taemin's dragon?" He asked Luhan, as he walked around the clearing. "Yeah, I feel stupid for dying like that, I was sure we could kill him," said Luhan. "Kris seems like he's in pain," he said, looking up at the sky. "Mm," mumbled Ren.

Yixing appeared, and Ren turned to look at him. "I'm sorry," he said. "For what? For not teaching me more so I would've been able to save Baekhyun?" Ren asked, glaring at Yixing. "For not teaching me enough to at least do something to help him? Why didn't you come and help me?" He yelled, shoving Yixing back. "Is it because you blame me for Jongin's death? Jongin himself came to me and said he never blamed me," he said. Luhan stood to the side, shaking his head.

Ren sighed and looked up at the sky, seeing it was turning to morning. "See you guys later I guess," he said, as he went back to his physical body.

Ren snapped out of his meditative state, and stood, stretching his legs, which were asleep. Suho stood and walked over to Ren nudging him and nearly knocking Ren over. Ren laughs. "Good morning," he said, packing up his sleeping bag and taking down the protective barriers. "I'll see you later I guess," he said, petting Suho's head. He then headed back into town, going to the inn.

Minhyun was sitting outside, so he spotted Ren first. "Where'd you go? Baekho was one second away from coming out to hunt you down," he said. "I went to meditate, Suho was with me don't worry," said Ren. Minhyun nodded and stood, going back inside with Ren following after him.

Baekho looked relieved that Ren was back and alive. "I swear, if you didn't return in the next hour I would've hunted you down," he said. Ren chuckled sadly. "Well, now I know why I couldn't even save Baekhyun," he said. "Yixing still blames you," Kyungsoo said, coming over to them. "Pretty much," said Ren, as he sighed, sitting down at a table. "He has no right to blame you though," said Baekho. "Luhan was the one to tell you to use that move right?" He asked. Ren nodded. "Then why the hell would he continue to blame you?" Asked Baekho. "That's really stupid," he said.

"It's Yixing," said Kyungsoo. "He was really close to Jongin," he said. "I believe both Jongin and Yixing were together," he said. "He couldn't blame Luhan, so he blamed Ren," he said. Ren sighed. "I think you'd do the same when you find your mate," Kyungsoo said to Baekho. "Mm," mumbled Baekho.

"Shall we continue to find Taemin?" Asked Ren. Kyungsoo nodded. Baekho was already packed, and so was Minhyun. Kyungsoo didn't really have much on him so they all left, heading towards the mountains. Ren whistled for Suho as they left the town.

Ren got on Suho's back and Kyungsoo climbed on behind Ren. Baekho shifted to his leopard form and Minhyun climbed on his back. Ren summoned his orb, hoping it'll lead the way. "Lead the way," he said to it, but it didn't do anything. Ren sighed, and turned to look at Kyungsoo. "Which way?" He asked. "Forwards, up the path," said Kyungsoo. Ren nodded and Suho ran forwards, up the path and into the mountains. Baekho scrambled to keep up.