Chapter 15

Overcome [A NU'EST Fanfic]

Ren was fast asleep, not really in his dream world yet. He had to go over what he knew about Taemin before appearing in his own dream world.

Ren woke with a start when he felt someone shaking him. He looked and saw Aron standing over him. "What's up Aron?" He asked. "We need to go," said Aron. "We need to go now, Taemin is outside the town," he said. "Crap," said Ren as he got up, grabbing his things. He went downstairs to see Minhyun, Baekho, and Kyungsoo. "We gotta go!" He said. "Taemin is here!" He said. Kyungsoo stood and went outside. Baekho and Minhyun ran to get their things, and then left the inn. Ren whistled for Suho, who ran over immediately. "Baekho I need you to shift now!" Said Ren.

Baekho threw his bag at Minhyun and tossed his knife holster at Ren. Ren put the knife holster on the waistband of his pants before hopping on Suho's back. Minhyun put Baekho's bag on his back and Baekho shifted, grunting and biting back cries in pain. Once he was in his leopard form Minhyun hopped onto his back. Kyungsoo climbed onto Suho's back behind Ren and the orb appeared. "Show us the way out!" Ren said to the orb and the orb darted forward, Suho running after it and Baekho following behind Suho. Ren and Kyungsoo held on tight, trying not to fall off of Suho's back. Minhyun held on tight as Baekho tried to keep up with Suho.

A fireball landed a couple feet in front of Suho and Suho had to jump around quickly, nearly throwing Ren and Kyungsoo off. Baekho was quicker to react, jumping around and managing to keep Minhyun from being thrown off his back as he quickly caught up with Suho. "Suho I need you to find a place to pause for 5 seconds!" Said Ren as he spotted the giant dragon above them.

Suho continued to follow the orb, and they ended up at a cliff. "Shoot," grumbled Ren, as he quickly grabbed his bow. He quickly drew the string back with an arrow. He saw the dragon fly towards him as he aimed. Come on Aron I need you for this... He thought as he could've swore he felt Aron behind him, helping his aim a little bit like when he was learning to use the bow. He fired the arrow, as the dragon shot another fireball at them.

"Duck!" Yelled Ren as Suho quickly ducked, barely dodging the fireball. Baekho and Minhyun managed to jump out of the way, since they were still a good bit behind them. Ren heard a roar in pain as he saw that the arrow had landed in the dragon's eye. "This isn't Taemin's dragon!" Said Kyungsoo. "Can you launch an ice spear at it?" He asked. "I can try," said Ren. Suho moved away from the cliff, circling around back to Baekho. Ren hopped off of Suho's back landing on his feet with his orb coming to float behind him.

The dragon came back around ready to swoop in and slash at someone. Ren could already feel the ice as his fingertips as he moved his arm back like he was going to throw a spear. His orb glowed brightly and Ren threw his arm forward, an ice spear appearing out of nowhere and heading towards the dragon. He heard another roar in pain but not before he saw the fireball being shot towards him. "Ren!" Yelled Kyungsoo and Minhyun. Ren managed to throw his arms up to protect himself as he was hit with a blast of heat.

There was a loud crash somewhere behind Ren as he peeked out from under his arms. He saw Kris, who smiled some before disappearing in a wall of fire. "Kris?" He called out. He wondered where his orb went as he turned to look at Kyungsoo and Minhyun. Suho and Baekho had gone to check on the dragon. Ren held out his hand and his orb appeared. He wondered where Kris was as he turned back to where he had seen Kris standing.

"Kris what the hell did you do," mumbled Ren as he turned back to Minhyun and Kyungsoo, who had gone to check on the now dead dragon. Ren walked over to them, looking at the dragon. "It's not Taemin's," said Kyungsoo. "Taemin's is bigger, this dragon is much younger," he said. "I didn't think there were still dragons, Taemin's dragon was the last dragon, from my knowledge," he said. "No," said Ren. "Kris was a dragon, he was alive," he said. "There had to be a reason Kris came to me," he said.

"Should we head back to the town?" Asked Kyungsoo. "I guess," said Ren. "We need to rest up a bit, something is definitely up here," he said. "I'm sure the town is fine with us returning," he said. "I mean we saved it from being burned down," he said. Kyungsoo nodded and Baekho went to change back to human form before they headed back to the town.