Chapter 14

Overcome [A NU'EST Fanfic]

They reached the town after a couple hours, Ren turning to Suho who was hesitant on walking into the town. Ren looked at his orb for guidance, but it had stopped at the entrance to the town.

"I guess we head on in," said Ren as he looked around. Suho whimpered some, and Ren petted his head. "It's alright Suho," said Ren. "You can stay out of the village, I can find you if I need you," he said. Suho nodded and went back into the forest that surrounded the town. Minhyun and Baekho headed into the village. Kyungsoo was hesitant, and Ren saw that. "You alright?" Asked Ren. Kyungsoo shrugged. "I think something is off," he said. "It might just be me," he said. Ren nodded.

They walked into the town and looked for an inn or something to stay in. Baekho and Minhyun went towards the shops, wondering if there was a restaurant open or not. "Doubt there's one open," said Kyungsoo. "This is a pretty poor town, I had to come here to protect the town from bandits before," he said. Ren nodded. "I'll see if I can get anything tonight in my dreams, they're refusing to tell me who the enemy is," he said. "Maybe they know, and don't want to tell you because they want you to figure it out," said Kyungsoo. "Hm," mumbled Ren.

Kyungsoo went to the inn and booked a room for 4. Ren went up to the room to check it out and just flop down on the bed. "Tired?" Asked Baekho. "Shut up," grumbled Ren. Minhyun chuckled some. "Leave our youngest alone," he said. "I'm going to get washed up," he said, before heading into the bathroom.

"I'll try and see if I can get any more information tonight," Ren mumbled as he buried his face in his pillow. Kyungsoo sighed and sat on his bed, listening as the shower was . "Let's think here," he said. Ren turned his head to look at Kyungsoo. "What enemies do you know of that want to capture the queen like they did?" Asked Kyungsoo.

Ren looked to be deep in thought. "There was this one orb user," he said. "Chanyeol told me about him, he's also a dragon rider," he said. "Oh, Taemin?" Asked Kyungsoo. "You know him?" Asked Ren. "He was the youngest ever to get into the guard, he was before us," said Kyungsoo. "He tried to get into our guard, and the queen exiled him," he said. "He didn't go without trying to fight, it took me, Luhan, and Chanyeol combined to drive him off," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if he came back to take the queen," he said.

Ren could feel the exhaustion, and wanted to sleep. "I'm going to sleep," he mumbled, before he fell asleep. Kyungsoo leaned against the wall, sighing a bit. He got up and headed down into the main part of the inn looking for dinner. Baekho joined him.