Chapter 12

Overcome [A NU'EST Fanfic]

They found themselves stuck in a sudden snow storm as they got closer to the mountains. They soon found themselves in front of a dilapidated building and Suho scouted around it before Ren went inside.

"I guess the orb was trying to get us somewhere before it started to snow," said Baekho. "I guess," mumbled Ren as he looked around the building. "Look for a fire place or something," he said. Minhyun and Kyungsoo observed the building for any supplies while Baekho searched for a kitchen of sorts.

"Found one," said Minhyun as he came out of what looked to be the remains of a large livingroom. "Good, a fire place, we can set up camp in there," said Ren. He went to put up barriers around the building before heading into the large livingroom. Suho found a spot to lay down and laid down, putting his head between his paws. Ren gathered some wood for the fireplace and threw them in before lighting it with a quick snap of his fingers.

Kyungsoo and Minhyun came into the room with some old musty blankets. "We found these," said Minhyun. Ren nodded. "You two don't have any bedrolls do you?" He asked. Minhyun and Kyungsoo shook their heads no. "Alright," said Ren as he set up his sleeping bag. He leaned back against Suho, who nuzzled him. Ren smiled some, though everyone could see the sadness in his eyes.

Everyone set up close to the fireplace as Ren got dinner cooking. Baekho sat on Aron's bedroll, looking down at his hands. He still felt guilty about Aron's death, because he thought it was his fault. Ren got up and went to check on the food before going over to Baekho. He put a hand on Baekho's shoulder, causing said person to jump slightly. "It's alright," said Ren. "Aron said himself remember? He doesn't blame you," he said. "You get to see him at least," said Baekho. "I don't," he said. "You forget," said Ren. "If I want Aron to be here I can ask for him," he said. "If you want Aron to be around more then ask me," he said. Baekho nodded. "I don't think any of us want to believe he is truly gone," he said. "I never said I was did I?" Asked Aron as he walked into the room. 

Ren smiled at Aron, before he went back to check on dinner. "Hey Aron," said Minhyun. "How's the bruises?" Asked Aron. "Better, I'm glad they got to me before Yongguk could do more," said Minhyun.

Kyungsoo watched what was going on before getting up and going over to Ren. "Is it just Aron that can appear?" He asked. "Yeah," said Ren. "I know you want to see everyone else, but it's only him, Luhan's in my dreams, and I have yet to see my uncle," he mumbled. Ren put dinner into portions and passed them out to everyone. He got a makeshift bowl and put some food in it and gave it to Suho.

Suho got up and ate his fill, before going back to lay down. Ren leaned against him, slowly eating his dinner. Minhyun and Baekho were silent, Aron had gone to sit beside Ren, while Kyungsoo observed what was going on in his little corner.

"How'd JR take your death?" Ren asked Aron. "I'll explain it later," said Aron. "Some people would like to see you again," he said. "Is uncle Chanyeol finally going to show up?" Asked Ren. "That, is up to you to find out," Aron said with a grin. "I have a right to see my own uncle you know," Ren said, shoving Aron lightly. "I know, I know," said Aron. "He said he'd show up when you really need him," he said. Ren nodded.

After dinner Ren flared up the fire while throwing in some more wood and got comfortable on his sleeping bag while leaning against Suho, who was sleeping. Minhyun and Baekho were already asleep, and Kyungsoo was keeping watch for the first couple hours. After a bit Ren fell asleep, immediately appearing in his dream world, where Kris and Luhan were already waiting.

"Hi Kris," Ren said, smiling at Kris. Kris nudged Ren with his snout, knocking him over. Ren chuckled and stood up, looking at Luhan. Luhan offered a sad smile. "Someone wants to see you," he said. Ren tilted his head before he was tackled by a little ball of fluff. "Oof!" He said, falling onto his back. "Hey Baekhyun!" He said, laughing as he was assaulted by . Chanyeol appeared with Chen and smiled when he saw his nephew. Baekhyun backed off, and Ren sat up.

Ren looked up and saw Chanyeol. He looked shocked before he jumped up and ran into Chanyeol's arms. "Hi uncle," he said, hugging Chanyeol. "Hey there kiddo," Chanyeol said, hugging Ren back. Ren moved back and looked at Chen. "This is Chen," said Chanyeol. "He was the god in my orb," he said. Ren smiled at the black panther and reached out to pet it. Chen walked forward and let Ren pet him, purring. "It was nice to see you again uncle," said Ren, as his dream world started to fade. "I guess it's time for me to wake up and take watch," he said, sighing sadly. "I'll be here," Chanyeol said, smiling some. "Thanks uncle," said Ren, as everything around him went black.

Ren sat up as Kyungsoo moved away. "My turn to keep watch?" He asked. Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah," he said. "Alright," said Ren as he got up and went to throw more wood in the fire before flaring it up a little. He then sat down on his sleeping bag, staying awake for the next couple hours.