Chapter 2

You are My Destiny

Sometime after that…

Everything was back to normal. 

Or as normal as could be expected in the current circumstances. 

No one was sure as to how they had survived. Baekhyun didn't remember anything from the point where he'd screamed in denial up to the point he'd woken up, three days later, to Chen patting his cheeks.

To say he'd freaked out was understating it.

He'd flipped his , at first screaming because he thought Chen was a ghost, then screaming again because he wasn’t and then getting suspicious about if it really was Chen. Only after Chen had agreed to submit to an exorcism, complete with holy water and salt circles – what? He liked Supernatural and who didn't love Dean??? – had he conceded that no real demon – or abby, for that matter – would willingly submit to such torture. 

Then he'd proceeded to choke the breath out of the newly woken up Legend and had all but broken his ribs, clinging tightly and crying. In a really manly way because he was gangster like that. 

All anyone remembered was the bright flash of light which had wiped all the abbies clean in one fell swoop, knocking everyone else, including himself, out. 

The rest had woken up, healed and whole, all breaks mended, all cuts closed, all scrapes cleaned – like everyone had taken a massive shot of Lay's healing energy. Thankfully, there were no casualties – even Kyra had survived, though it was mostly courtesy to Tao who'd kept her frozen instead of letting her bleed out. 

The fact that it had taken him three days to wake up pointed to the fact that it was him, Baekhyun, who'd done all that but he was putting off thinking about it until there was no choice but. Till then, he was going to rock hard, party harder and dance until his legs couldn't move no more. 

Not really but you got the gist. 

Currently, he was busy trying to push Chanyeol away from the wooden shelf so he could step into the line of sight of his librarian. 

'She's not my librarian!' Chanyeol muttered, digging his feet in the floor and not budging. 'And keep your voice down!' 

'Ooh, she's already rubbing off you!' Chen added his own shoulders to push and Chanyeol stumbled, almost falling on his face before his hands grabbed hold of the shelf's lowest section. 

And set it on fire. Yes, his powers had returned, courtesy to Baekhyun and now, he had the man's never-ending fealty… which he already had as the guy's best friend but it was the spirit that counted. 

'Crap!' Chanyeol hissed, flapping and stamping his hands uselessly to put out the steadily growing flare. 'Crap!!!'

Baekhyun collapsed against Chen, laughing hysterically, his stomach beginning to hurt. It had been a while since he'd had so much fun. 

They didn't hear the footsteps headed there way until a shadow fell across the aisle, landing on Chanyeol's squirming form on the floor. 

'Is there a problem?' 

Baekhyun and Chen took the moment to run away, abandoning Chanyeol in the clutches of the old, fearsome librarian who, because of her sharp tongue and tiny hands, was known as the T-rex.  

Chanyeol came out ten minutes later, black soot covering his hands and a strip running along his cheeks – which were red, though Baekhyun really doubted it was because the old lady had yelled. 

'Did she see you?' He asked sympathetically, looping an arm around his shoulders. 

Chanyeol nodded miserably. 'T-rex dragged me away by my ears in front of her.' 

His prominent ears looked a bit swollen, probably from being twisted while the old wasp scolded him. 

'Well, look on the bright side!' Chen wrapped an arm around his waist, hugging into his side. 'At least now she'll remember you.' 

Chanyeol cracked a reluctant smile at that before it bloomed into a full blown grin as he laughed heartily. He never could resist a good joke, even if it was on him. 
………………………………….

'He's so cute!' Tae exclaimed, when Ms. Teerax dragged the poor boy away, twisting his ears as she yelled something about destroying university's property. Though, given the smoke rising from the aisle he'd been in, that was understandable. 

'Don't you think he's cute?' Not to be deterred, Tae bumped her shoulder against Nara's, making her squiggle the word she'd been writing. Nara looked up. 'Who?' 

'That boy Ms. T.Rex just dragged away!' 

'It's Ms. Teerax and I didn't look at him so I don’t know.' Nara replied back, primly putting the scattered papers in place. 

Tae groaned. 'You're impossible.' 

Nara didn't say anything and getting bored, Tae slipped away – probably to ogle some boys so she could come and whine to Nara even more. 

Once Tae was out of sight, Nara relaxed into the chair, thoughtful. 

Of course she'd noticed the boy was cute but for some reason, she didn't feel like sharing that with anyone, even Tae. She'd been noticing him – and his cuteness – since he started coming to the library, some two months back. It was kind of hard not to, given his stature. 

But what really made Nara take note was his voice. 

He'd never spoken to her directly, though she thought she'd seen him looking at her more than a few times – or maybe that was her imagination. She'd first heard him talk to Ms. Teerax as he issued a comic he'd picked up and it had been like a bolt of thunder had hit her, rooting her to the spot as she shivered with the vibrations of the sound.

That had been the first time and she'd thought it was a fluke. Being the researcher she was, she'd decided to experiment with it, deliberately putting herself in proximity the next time he came over. It had been the same thing all over, maybe even more intense than before since she'd been anticipating it. 

Her experiment was still ongoing because she hadn't figured out the answer to her research question – what was it about his voice that affected her so? – yet, so she planned to continue until she did get an answer. And there was a part of her that wished she'd never figure it out and continue the experiment indefinitely – which was baffling. Why…?

'Nara, you won't believe this!' 

Tae's voice dragged her out of her musings. She sighed because it meant her respite was over – Tae was the most excitable person Nara knew and she wasn't exactly sure how she ended up being friends with her…

Okay, so maybe that wasn't true. She had proposed they become friends to experiment into the social aspects of her life as well, after thoroughly exploring the scholastic side. A girl her age would be expected to have a bit more than the barely-functional knowledge of how social relationships worked and she was sorely lacking in practical experience and Tae was the sort of person who'd been in every sort of relationship, save for the conjugal ones – which, she claimed, she was saving for someone special. 

'What?' She asked politely, hoping she sounded adequately excited. 

'Guess who that guy was???' 

Nara frowned because she wasn't sure if the question was rhetorical or…

'Park Chanyeol!' 

Okay, so it was rhetorical. 

'Who?' 

'The boy T-rex just dragged away! It's Chanyeol! Chanyeol, I tell you!' 

Ever physical, Tae grabbed her shoulders and shook her a little. Nara noted that little piece of information in the vast recesses of her brain – n.b: be touchy when excited or happy, makes you appear more approachable – and raised a quizzical brow. 

'So I heard the first time. I don't know who he is.' Chanyeol was a nice name though… and why that was relevant, she had no idea. 

'Dude, what world do you live in?'

Call people dude, regardless of their gender. Noted. 

'He's famous! Like, big time! One of the iest – and cutest! – guys out there! Ooh, I don't believe I actually saw him! OHMYGAWD!!!' 

'Shhh…' Nara shushed her because Ms. Teerax was glancing at her disapprovingly. Tae happily pushed her hand away, too busy relaying the vast resource of knowledge she'd suddenly dredged up on this Chanyeol… dude

Feeling secretly happy at her mental use of the word, she focused on what Tae was gushing. 

'Park Chanyeol of the deep voice and big hands.' She flailed dramatically, clutching Nara's arm. 'He's known for his easy smile and friendliness, killer rapping skills and guns…' Does he carry weapons around? Doesn't that make him dangerous?  'and, get this – he's Baekhyun's wingman!' 

Tae smiled at her expectantly. Nara blinked back blankly, making it falter. 

'Baekhyun…' she said it slowly, as if it should ring a bell. 'Byun Baek?'

When Nara shook her head, still blank, she threw up her hands in frustration. 'Oh, for heavens' sake! He's the leader of our university's only gang, The Beagles!'

Wait, what? 

'We have a gang?' And Chanyeol was a part of it? Apparently, if his being a wingman was anything. No wonder he had guns. 

'UGH!' Tae looked ready to bang her head in the desk, so Nara cautiously pushed it backwards, getting ready to grab her neck. 'Ugh!'

'Sorry?' If there was one thing Nara had learned, it was that apologizing often made things easier. Though she wasn't sure what she was apologizing for. 

'You need to get out more, okay?' Tae told her decisively. 'See the world, acquaint yourself with the ins and outs of your surroundings. For your own survival in the social scene, okay?'

Her words reminded Nara why she'd chosen Tae as her same- friendship experiment. She knew exactly how to say things so that Nara, with her limited knowledge of human relations and her rather concrete thinking, could understand them. She nodded obediently and Tae patted her hair in place, getting up. 

'We're going out right now!' 

Even though she still had ten minutes left before her shift ended, Nara followed after her. Breaking a few rules every now and then, Tae had taught her, gave off the vibe that you were open to new experiences and had a bit of fun side to you, things you wanted to convey when you were interacting with people. 

The party don't start 'til I walk in, Tae had said and Nara had noted the use of bad grammar to make a point. She wanted to be able to say that and if going out was the key to it, she was game. 
……………………………….

Finding a new place to intern at in Oulphesden wasn't hard – with her credentials and clinical experience, she was more than welcome in several places and she had plenty to choose from. That she ended at the University's Counselling Center wasn’t all that surprising, given that her best friends were here and the security plan implemented by Suho didn't allow her to venture too far. 

That she had the chance to run into her crush at odd times was an added plus. 

'Heya pretty lady!' An infectious smile greeted her, followed by a swift wolf whistle. 'And who's that y babe?'

'Shut up!' Raina mumbled, red as her shirt in the face as she uselessly tugged on the short garment to cover her exposed stomach. 

'It’s a compliment sweetheart,' Baekhyun added, putting his chin on Chen's shoulder and shooting an even more infectious grin in their direction, 'You look hot!'

Raina's face turned redder, if that was possible and she stepped behind Kyra, presumably to hide herself. It wasn't too effective though, given the high heels she was sporting or the general advantage she had in terms of height and physique. Kyra felt like a dwarf next to her right now. 

'Where to?' Chen offered his arm to Kyra, all gentlemanly and charming and she smiled, tilting her head to the side as she placed her fingers around his forearm – and tried not to swoon at the contact. 

They chatted amiably while they headed towards her office and Raina stumbled behind them, slipping more than once and offering herself up as a target for Baekhyun, who couldn't stop himself from teasing to save his life. 

When the guys left, Raina rounded on Kyra, an incredulous look on her face. 

'Really, Kyra? Really? Chen?' she placed her hands on her hips, tapping her foot and stumbling. She straightened, placing an arm on the wall beside her and regaining her balance, glaring at Kyra.

Kyra ignored her look, feigning ignorance. 

'What about him?' She put the key in the lock, jiggling it. 

'You were flirting with him!' Raina accused. 

'Was not!' Kyra muttered, facing away because she was blushing. 

'You tilted your head, flipped your hair!' she exclaimed, smacking a hand beside her head. 'That is flirting.' 

Kyra was inside her room now, dropping the back on the desk before turning to face Raina. 

'So?' She quizzed.

Raina looked offended. 'What do you mean, so? You're not supposed to flirt with him, you're supposed to flirt with D.O!' 

Kyra turned away, getting herself busy setting out her files and straightening the papers scattered on the desk. 'Yes well, I don't actually like the guy – I don't even know him – so I can't…'

'You can try to get to know him instead of running off every time he tries to approach you.' 

'He needs to work on his strategy – cornering me and growling in my face is not the way to my heart!' Kyra shuddered at the thought. She'd never been more scared in her entire life. 

Or more excited. She quickly repressed the snide voice inside her. 

'You didn't seem to have a problem with that before – in fact, you liked it.' 

Kyra didn't reply and Raina made an exasperated sound in , stepping forward and stumbling again. Kyra caught her before she crashed on the floor but she forced her to sit down – Raina couldn't afford twisted ankles or broken legs with the showcase this afternoon. Raina smacked her hands away, standing up again. 

'You think I'd lie to you?' She asked, sounding irritated. Well, that made two of them, although in her case, she as more annoyed by herself.

'I think you don't know everything.' Kyra countered quietly. 'All you guys know is that D.O brought me here – how he managed it, whether he convinced me or just bullied me into it…' 

Maybe if she convinced Raina, she could convince herself too. 

'He would never do that to you!' Raina defended him, which annoyed Kyra because hello, wasn’t Raina her best friend? She was supposed to support Kyra here, even if she was being an idiot... 

And her mind needed to start siding with her as well, instead of sassing her. 

'We don't know that.' Raina opened to heatedly contradict her but she stalled her. 

'I'm not saying he's a bad guy, okay? I'm just saying…' she sighed, tucking her hair behind her ear, 'that whatever I had with him is gone with those memories, whether we like it or not.' And Kyra would do well to remember that. 'And I cannot force myself into something when I have no feelings for him – it wouldn't be fair to either of us.'

'Okay, I'll agree with that – but my point is that you're not even giving him a chance and that's not fair to him either.' Ugh, why was Raina being so reasonable? 'I may not know exactly what went on between you two but even the blind can see he has feelings for you – and not the psychotic kind, okay? Besides, he only looks scary sometimes, he's actually pretty nice.'

'I need time, okay? To… think it through and…' Ugh, losing memories was horrible – Kyra never imagined she'd end up in a position where she'd have to empathize with her amnesiac patients but here she was, in the same place. 'Remember.' She finished, feeling lost. 

Raina saw the look on her face, her own features softening as she hugged her friend and patted her back soothingly. Of course this was harder on Kyra than on anyone else, Raina couldn't imagine being unable to remember anything, even the not-so-good memories, let alone lose the best ones. 

'You'll get there but you have to stop running.' 

Kyra nodded, feeling a little teary eyed. It wasn't something conscious, anyway – most of the time. She couldn't help it that her heart felt like it'd burst out of her chest the moment he neared her, or that her head starting hurting like hell in his proximity. Not to mention the emotions…

But as she'd said, she needed time. Time to prepare herself, reconcile herself to the idea of being in his presence so her fight-or-flight response wouldn't kick in the second she saw him – as was presently happening. She needed to desensitize herself before she faced the actual stimulus. 

Raina laughed. 'Is it weird I know exactly what you mean by that? I haven’t even studied psychology.'

'Perks of being my bestie, instant know-how of professional jargon.' Kyra smiled at her before gently pushing her away. 'Get going, you'll be late for class.'

Raina made a face, 'Like I want to show up looking like this.'

'You actually look pretty good, Raina – stop fishing for compliments.' Raina stuck her tongue out at her, heading out and immediately stumbling on the steps. 'Please be careful!' Kyra called after her. 

Raina nodded and waved over her shoulder. Kyra shook her head, closing the door and heading towards her chair. If she wanted to brush up her knowledge on amnesia, she needed to get started before her clients started trickling in. 

She was busy for hours, making notes and reading reported case histories, trying to understand what was going on with her. She'd seek professional counsel but the special circumstances of the Legends – that's what they called themselves, anyway – kept her back; so she was on her own. Though she could always discuss it hypothetically…

The gentle knock on the office door didn't register – her supervisor had left for workshop, so she was also taking her cases until she came back – because she was so lost in the interesting cases she was reading. When the door banged, she sat up with a start, heart jumping into . 

Geez, whoever it was had very little patience. 

'Please come in!' She called, collecting herself and standing up to move out and greet her client. 

Only her feet rooted to the spot as the door swung open and revealed the silhouette of the one person she wasn’t ready to face yet. His plush lips curved into a surprisingly gentle smile, completely in contrast to the predatory way he was eyeing her and she gulped.  

'Hello Kyra.' 
…………………………………..

A/N

Hello ~ 

Sooo... we've been introduced to two new main characters and you'll have to let me know what you think about them. Nara's a special baby and I chose her name specifically with Chanyeol in mind :) (Nara means Happiness :D) I think you guys will enjoy her because she's kinda cute... also, she's me when it comes to Chanyeol's voice *drools*... so, where was I? Ah, yes... as for Tae, she's... well, she's also special but in a different way but we're not sure where we're going, she and I still need to have a heart to heart :)

Oh... and here we have a glimpse of the troubles in Satansoo's heaven (???) - yes, Kyra lost her memories. How's that for a plot twist? hehe, I'm sorry but I have high hopes for them and we had to give Chen some action, so yes, Kyra is flirting with him - he's very suave so you can't blame her for it. 

Alright then, I'll leave you guys with this and I hope you enjoy the update. Leave me a comment and let me know, 'kay? 

Bye bye...<3