Chapter 15

You are My Destiny

'Wait!'

Kyra was sure she'd lost her mind but she couldn’t just let him leave like that.

Not after… not after he'd been so nice to her. And especially not with the nostalgia roiling through her.

When he'd arched his brow like, the thick ridge rising in a silent query, it made a soft ache shoot through her heart, sweet and overwhelming. That look had been so achingly familiar, like she'd spent hours looking at him, familiarizing herself with his various expressions so that words were no longer needed between them.

Because he doesn't like to talk…

She didn't know if that thought was part of her memories or just something she'd observed but it rang true, just like his abrupt, awkward concern – like this was the D.O she'd fallen for and followed here…

Shaking her head at the unruly thought – he'd just tossed her a chocolate, for heaven's sake; maybe she was spending too much time with the melodrama queens, Tiffany and Mei – she focused on D.O.

Who'd stilled, back tense, in response to her words.

'Wait…' she repeated, clutching the chocolate between her fingers as she stepped forward. To do what, she wasn't sure. 'Don't go.'

He swallowed audibly and it made thrill shoot down her spine. He was obviously on the verge of snapping, control shot, and it made heat rise inside her at the thought of him losing it and cornering her again.

Pushing the thought away – this was not why she'd stopped him, honest – she spoke to his back, now close enough to touch. 'Please stay…'

Tension seemed to vibrate through his spine before he relaxed them and turned around. And she gulped because his eyes were red, flashing, and her heart started racing. His nostrils flared as if he could smell the anticipation uncoiling inside her.

'Why?' He growled, voice low and she tried, she really did, to not let it affect her.

It still made her shiver. 'Uh…'

'Why should I stay?' He asked again, calmly, a complete contrast to the way he'd clenched his hands into fists as if trying to restrain himself. Her gaze was riveted to the movement of his lips and she couldn't find her tongue to respond.

'Kyra…'

There was just something in the way he said her name, like a soft warning to not try his patience that made her unreasonably hot. And she swallowed, responding almost unconsciously to the demand in his voice.

'I thought we could talk…'

He smiled wryly at that, the faint curve of his lips absolutely enticing before shaking his head. 'No, we can't.'

It surprised her. 'Why-?'

'I don’t want to 'talk' with you, Kyra,' he replied simply, turning back around. 'I think that's obvious.'

She blushed at his honesty but it wasn't enough to deter her. She moved even as her mind protested, her rational side insisting she was better off letting him leave, warning her to not push her luck. It didn't matter though; she'd already latched onto his hand. 'D.O…'

He reacted, in hindsight, exactly like a beast pushed past its patience and she should've seen it coming – and perhaps, had seen it coming. Her unconscious was playing her like toy these days.

He whipped around, yanking her into his body and holding her there, one arm wrapped around her to mold her against the unyielding hardness of his body, the other tunneling into her hair and gripping the strands tightly.

'Why are you doing this to me?' he growled, burying his nose into her hair and inhaling deeply. His grip tightened, almost choking off her breath. 'Why're you making this so hard?'

She didn't know, she didn't know anything except that this… this was bliss. His arms around her, in her hair, this was exactly where she was supposed to be; this was home and she wanted him to never let go.

Her head was beginning feeling light as a result of not enough oxygen because she couldn't inhale properly and the broken images flashing before her eyes. Sparks shot from every point of contact between their bodies and a pleasurable shiver wracked her frame as his grip tightened to pull her head aside, expose her neck. His nose trailed over the pale column before she felt the softness of his lips pressing against it.

Her fingers tightened around his hips, unable to raise her arms because she was crushed against him, and a soft moan escaped her, head falling back farther. Whatever doubts, confusions she had in her mind, fell away, became irrelevant because right now, right this moment, she was exactly where she belonged.

He growled as if agreeing to her thoughts and then she felt his teeth tracing over her neck, making her shiver before he closed them over her fluttering vein. It was hard, hard enough to hurt and a sharp sting went through her as he broke through skin and blood pooled out.

It was like a bucket of cold water to the face, dousing the crazed heat inside her with a single splash.

What the hell was she doing?

'D.O…' she gasped, trying to pull away but he growled in warning, arm tightening around her to still her as his teeth dug in sharper. She cried out in pain, 'D.O, stop! You're hurting me!!!'

He stilled, breathing harshly and his teeth still embedded in her neck before his grip loosened around her and she hurriedly pulled back, nearly falling over the chairs in her haste to put distance between them.

Her neck throbbed and she could feel blood trickling down her neck but her attention was riveted to the Legend in front of her, eyes wild and blood coating his plush lips, looking bestial and crazed. He blinked slowly, seemingly coming out of a trance and his eyes widened in shock as they took her in.

Before she could say anything – though what could she say, she had no idea – he turned around and fled the scene.

There was a ringing silence inside the room after he left and the door swung shut behind him. And she collapsed against the desk, all life going out of her legs as her fingers came up to cradle the stinging wound in her neck.

What the hell had just happened?

………………………………

Minho was the worst, mule-driving, evil and jealous excuse of a captain in the world.

Luhan let out a laugh that turned into a groan when her fingers dug into a knot at the base of his spine. 'Aah…'

'Don't laugh,' Mei grumbled, forming a fist to lightly punch up and down his back, 'It's true.'

'He's not that bad… ooh, do that again!' He moaned, burying his head into the pillow. Mei swallowed because he sounded so y and well…

'Mei…' he groaned when her thumbs dug into the snake-eyes on his back. His voice went straight to her stomach, making heat pool inside her and she accidentally put too much force in her digits.

'Ow ow…' he twitched before sighing when she gently rubbed over the place. 'Better?'

'Hmm…' he sounded sleepy and she smiled softly, wanting to lean over and peck his cheek. He opened one eye, casting her a sly grin. 'What's stopping you?'

Stupid mate's link, always broadcasting what she was thinking.

'Kiss me better…' he pouted pathetically, making her giggle before she leaned over to peck him. The position was really intimate, given that she'd been sort-of sitting on his back so she could give him a proper massage because he'd come home sweaty and achy, holding his back because Minho had made them do front-rolls and he'd accidentally landed on a sharp stone.

 He'd refused Lay's help when Mei had offered to rub his back and they'd locked themselves up in their room; after experimenting a little with how she could best do it, she'd settled for sitting on his back, her thighs bracketing his as she massaged from the top of his spine down to his tailbone before starting up again.

It was… strangely soothing, doing this for him. Made her feel right and properly married and if that wasn't the best feeling in the world, she didn't know what was. Other than kissing him, that is.

He whined a little when they parted making her giggle again before he suddenly turned around, the movement dislodging her. She might've fallen backwards but he grabbed her hand, yanking her and making her fall on his chest instead. An arm came up to wrap around her shoulders as he straightened fully, so that she was stretched out on top of him, staring at his face.

He lifted his head to peck her lips. 'That was the best massage ever, baby. Thanks.'

She melted. 'Really?'

He nodded, smiling when she snuggled into him, burying her head into his neck so that her hair tickled his chin. 'I'm not too heavy, am I?' she asked, not wanting to detangle herself from his limbs.

He shook his head, placing a hand on her head to help her snuggle deeper into him. 'You're perfect,' he muttered, making her giggle because he sounded so sleepy and content.

His hand started her hair, the gentle rhythm comforting and so, so sweet. His breathing deepened as he drifted off and Mei slowly shifted so she was snuggling into his side instead of lying on top of him because… well, she wasn't that light.

Feeling self-conscious, she ran a hand up her tummy – it felt soft, like it had always been but she worried if she'd put on weight. Luhan liked picking her up and carrying her around, she liked being picked and carried around like a princess but he wouldn’t be able to do that if she grew fat.

Why was she thinking about this again?

His hand tightened, trying to keep her in place as she shifted and moved so that her head was resting against his heart. It beat steadily, strong and sure and she sighed. It felt wonderful, staying like this but unlike Luhan, she had to study for a quiz, so she needed to get up.

'Mei…' Luhan mumbled, turning to his side and pulling her in, nuzzling into her hair. '… love you…'

Or she could just cuddle with him. Quizzes, schmizes.

Sighing a little, she wrapped her own arm around his waist and closed her eyes. She was out in minutes.

………………………….

Tiffany stared at the closed door, eyes narrowed. 'I swear something's fishy… I can smell it.'

'You're thinking too much…' Sehun muttered dismissively, trying to pull her along so they could go to sleep. They'd been studying for over two hours now and Sehun's patience had finally given out. He could keep his hands to himself for only so long and he wanted to cuddle, dammit!

Tiffany, however, seemed more interested in Mei and Luhan and he didn't like it one bit.

'Don't you think it's fishy?' she asked, digging her heels and not budging when he tried to pull her along. 'She's been way too snuggly with him.'

'She's always snuggly…' he replied, his mind going unlike someone else I know.

She flapped her hand dismissively, 'I snuggle.'

'Then come on,' he tugged on her hand again.

'You're such a baby sometimes,' she grumbled, 'Stop whining!'

Sehun stopped, dropping her hand in irritation. 'You know what? Whatever!'

Huffing, he his heels and headed towards the living room, looking for Tao. At least his Shadow was always up for a good snuggle. Tao looked up from the book he was reading, noticed his expression and moved aside to make room for him.

Sehun slipped beside him, making himself comfortable on the couch, shifting so his legs tangled with Tao's. He wrapped an arm around his tummy and tried, really hard, to make it work.

It felt wrong, though. Tiffany was the perfect size for cuddling, small enough to fit right between his arms and Tao's chest was too muscly to substitute the soft curves he'd gotten used to. He pouted a little before sniffing in annoyance. She didn't want to cuddle, he wasn't going to force it on her. He'd hold out until she begged to snuggle with him.

Tao laughed a little, hearing his thoughts, 'Is this what this is about? And here I thought you actually missed me.'

'Shut up.' he pouted again before pursing his lips in annoyance. Tao patted his head comfortingly, putting his own book aside to snuggle properly with him. Sehun nuzzled into his neck, eyes closing before they snapped open, the glare on him almost tangible.

He smirked, figuring he knew who was glaring at him. A little turn of his head confirmed his suspicions. Raina was glaring at him, looking annoyed and longing at the same time. Just to rub it in a little more, he made a show of rubbing his face all over Tao's skin, conveniently exposed by the low necked top he was wearing.

Raina's eyes flashed in irritation before she huffed, turning away with a pout. Smirking, Sehun returned to his snuggling. He knew Tao was trying to play it cool with Raina – which was stupid because both of them were so obviously into each other but somehow, Mei had convinced him – or rather, scolded him into agreeing – that he needed to ignore Raina and make her chase after him.

Sehun thought it was hilarious because that's exactly what Baekhyun had told Raina and now, both Tao and Raina were torn between following their mentors and giving in and doing what they really wanted. Which was make out like there was no tomorrow and even though it was kind of gross, thinking about Tao doing it – like ew, seriously – he hoped they'd get around to it soon enough. It wasn't fun, having to wait like that – ask him, he knew all about it.

Tao conked his head, muttering an affectionate 'brat' when some of his thoughts floated through their link but Sehun hoped he'd take heed.

…………………………

Raina was whining something about being unable to hug and cuddle with the man of her dreams because someone's mate was hogging her place – Tiffany rolled her eyes, utterly unaffected and continued painting her nails – until Angel decided to pet her head and offered to cuddle with her instead.

As Raina happily went into Angel's arms, Kyra decided it was safe enough to leave without raising suspicions. Rising with a quietly uttered, 'I'll be in my room' which everyone ignored – Tiffany was grumbling about hugs and how she didn't understand what was so important about snuggling – Kyra stepped outside.

The Legends were busy watching something, Kai slouching on the floor, Sehun still snuggled into Tao's side and Baekhyun, Chen and Chanyeol crammed into the same couch obviously uncomfortable but unwilling to give up their space. Suho had taken Kris and D.O aside to discuss something and Xiumin hadn't come back, deciding to stay at his apartment.

Silently, she headed towards the farthest room, steps slowing a little when she neared the door. Muted sounds floated out, strumming of the guitar overriding the soft voice accompanying the melody. She waited, unwilling to disrupt such a nice flow but a few moments later, the guitar stopped playing.

'You can come in, you know.'

She sighed, not really surprised. He had foresight, after all.

'I'm not disturbing, am I?' She asked, peeking her head inside. Lay shook his head, smiling a little as he gestured her to take a seat. 'Not at all, I was waiting for you.'

'Then you know why…?'

He nodded, putting the guitar aside and stared at her, smiling dazedly. 'I guess.'

'Will you…?' 

'Hm…' he tilted his head to the side, still sporting that dazed smile that made him look high. 'I'm not sure. Can I see it?'

She swallowed, nodded. 'O-okay… here goes.'

She loosened the buttons of her blouse, the collar parting enough to reveal her neck.

Lay's eyes widened in mild surprise but he didn't say anything, just leaned forward, hand coming up. His eyes flicked to hers in a silent question and at her nod, he placed his fingers on the throbbing wound on her neck.

Kyra had cleaned it up the best she could after she'd regained her senses and applied the balm to soothe the burning ache. Up close, the crescent shaped mark was so obviously a bite, the indent of teeth so obvious, she couldn’t hope to fool anyone into thinking she'd gotten that wound out of anything but.

She'd decided to ask Lay to heal her and had covered it up with band-aids, putting a light scarf around her neck. Except, a few hours after the… incident, it had started burning up.

At first, she'd thought it was nothing but the mild, slightly achy burn of a deep wound but then, it had started tingling, getting unbearably hot. She'd massaged the area and squeezed around it in hopes of relieving it but it had only gotten worse until she'd taken off the bandages, sure she'd see some infection or allergy spreading. The only redness, however, came from where she'd rubbed too harshly.

She'd applied a cooling balm to soothe the burn but after the initial coolness faded, it began burning up again. Bandages seemed to make it worse, so she didn't put those on again, hiding it with cloth. She obviously couldn't go to a doctor with that, so she'd decided to find Lay.

But he'd been teaching and then, surrounded by others, so she'd desisted. And because she did not want to explain how she came to be bitten, she hadn't said anything to any of her friends. Hopefully, Lay would heal it.

Except the moment his fingers touched, she hissed, pain shooting from the point of contact and making her wound throb even worse. 'Ouch,' she massaged her neck again, trying to ease the burn away. 'What…?'

Lay had a most peculiar look on his face. 'Um… by any chance, is that D.O's doing?' He finally asked.

Kyra blushed. 'Yeah… I thought you knew.'

He shook his head, leaning close to peer at the wound curiously. 'I just knew you'd be coming here. What happened?'

She'd been trying really, really hard not to think about that part because it made her blush or want to throw up or rub herself all over D.O but she'd embarrassed herself enough for a lifetime – like what the hell had she been thinking, stopping him like that? – but it also made her wound feel like it was on fire. Which was exactly as painful as it sounded but now, apparently, she had no choice.

She related the event as succinctly as she could, skipping past the more embarrassing details. She doubted Lay wanted to know her heart had jumped to in excitement at the thought of being cornered by D.O.

To his credit, Lay didn't seem too fazed by D.O's obviously-out-of-control behavior. Nor did he press for more details or rush her, letting her tell the story she wanted. She gave him the truth, figuring it was in her own best interest.

He looked a little awed when she finished, making her uncomfortable. 'What?' She asked, feeling nervous, 'He did something, didn't he? What did he do?'

'He…' Lay began, stopping before starting again. 'I think he marked you?'

He phrased it like a question, as if she was a Legend as well.

'Come again?'

'He marked you,' he was more empathic this time, nodding his head definitively.

'What does that mean?' Although she thought she had an idea what it meant but she was really, really hoping it wasn’t what she thought it was.

'Well for one, I can't heal you.'

She choked on her own tongue. 'What?'

'Or rather… I can't, without seriously hurting you…' he explained matter-of-factly, 'and I'm pretty sure D.O will kill me afterwards.'

She must've looked horrified because he hastened to explain, 'You know the beasts inside us, the Legends... they are... animals. Similar, in some ways, to the wolves in this world.'

No really, this wasn't happening.  

'And well, you know how some animals mark their... mates?' Lay tugged at his earlobe, looking like he was having as much trouble phrasing it as she was having trouble breathing. 'Well not exactly like that but you know… it's kind of instinctual. Not usually an issue because we can handle the beasts most of the times but D.O is a lot closer to his beast than we are so… instinct, I guess.' He shrugged helplessly.

It was beginning to sound like a bad teenage romance novel and it would've been funny if it wasn’t so terrible – he'd literally bitten her, marked her like a piece of property so that others would stay away from her. Which was bad enough but her own reaction was even more so because, exactly like those stupid heroines in stupid werewolf novels and movies, she was finding the notion exciting. Ugh.

'So…' she began, hoping her voice didn't quaver, 'you can't heal me because he'll kill you if you touched me?'

'That… and it will hurt you a lot. And I'm not sure if it will even work.'

Great, just great. It wasn't like she had any other problems, right? Just, you know, she'd lost her memories and had no freaking idea what the hell was going on with her life half the time, the other half spent trying to figure out all the stupid feelings that decided to rise whenever D.O was near. Totally not something to stress about. Right.

'You can try.'

He pursed his lips, shaking his head.

'It's not about me being able to do it or not, Kyra…' he told her gently, 'you won't be able to bear any touch but his.'

…………………………………….

A/N

Sooo???? What do you guys think? That was kind of good, wasn't it? I'd really like to hear your opinion about this new development :)