Chapter 1

You are My Destiny

A fortnight later…

Mei stared, drowning in the enchanting depths of eyes she loved with the whole of her heart, before tracing the features of the face that she'd very nearly lost and felt tears prick at the corners of her eyes.

He's safe now, he's alive.

Indeed. Miracle of all miracles, he was still alive, the smile on his face radiant, eyes sparkling with joy, crinkling in the way that made her want to pinch his cheeks and pepper his face with kisses, that made her want pull him into a bone-crushing hug and never let go.

His fingers squeezed around hers, eyes softening as he heard her thoughts and lifted her hand, placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

I love you.

The words, no matter how often repeated, made happiness explode inside her like always.

I love you too.

His eyes threatened to disappear in the crinkles at her response, squeezing her fingers again. Excitement radiated off him in infectious waves and she caught the vibe, feeling it stir inside her as well.

Music, choppily being played by the impromptu band Luhan's soccer team had thrown together, escalated to a lively rhythm and Luhan's smile turned into a grin as he pulled her in for a little dance, twirling her around.

She giggled, unable to believe she was really doing this.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't that unbelievable, given that he'd literally died and come back to life. Heavens knew how but she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

'Alright, settle down!' Minho's voice rang around the cramped room. 'And bring the rings.'

'Oh, wait!' Luhan let go of her hands, patting his pockets and digging around until he pulled out a velvet box. It was empty, making Mei giggle again. Everything was so haphazard.

'Take it off…' Luhan gestured at her neck. She shook her head, grasping the chain – and the attached promise ring – closer. 'Why?'

He was already taking off the earring he wore, placing it inside the box. 'Just for a few minutes, baby.'

She melted. Baby, he called me baby…

Loosening the chain, she carefully took the ring out and placed in the box beside his, where they twinkled innocently. A hand appeared as Minho's younger brother Taemin, the tough guy who only really wanted to dance and be admired, took the box in his hands, standing beside the hastily dressed up Minho.

Minho played with the collar he was sporting, before clearing his throat and staring down sternly at Luhan.

'Dearly beloved,' he began in a serious voice, 'we are all gathered here today for…'

Mei raised her hand, waiting until Minho caught sight of it. Minho stopped with a sigh, before glaring at her through the fake glasses he was wearing.

'Yes Mei?' He quizzed.

'Why do you sound like we're at the funeral?' She raised her brow.

Minho visibly bristled at her question. 'For me, it is!'

Luhan rolled his eyes. 'Oh for the love of soccer, I am not leaving the team!'

'No but you are getting married before me! I am the captain, I deserve to get hitched first!' Minho snapped back, poking Luhan's chest.

'Ugh, when was the last time you had a date?' Luhan challenged, making Minho bristle again.

'You little…'

'Um guys…' Taemin interrupted them before they could tear their shirts off and beat their chests. 'The bride is waiting…'

Mei flashed him a grateful smile, making him glow with pride. Even though they had a bit of a choppy history with him but really, he was kind of nice. Who else would agree to become a bridesmaid and ring-bearer at a moment's notice? Really, he was nice kid.

Minho straightened his collar again, glaring at Luhan who rolled his eyes before stepping back beside Mei and firmly grabbing her hand.

'Do you, Lu Han, take Mei…' he rose a brow, silently asking for her last name.

'Eijas', she provided.

'…Eijas to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?'

'I do.' Luhan stared at her as he said the words, and if she didn't know she was already awake, she would've thought it was a dream. Her smile could've blinded the stars, it was so bright.

'And do you Mei…' Minho began.

'Yes!' Mei interrupted, too excited and too eager to wait. 'I do, I totally do!'

Minho rolled his eyes as they all but tore the rings out of Taemin's hands, putting them on each other's fingers.  

'With our soccer team and my brother as your witness, and the power vested in me courtesy of this collar,' Minho the collar he'd borrowed from who knew where, 'I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may now…'

Luhan didn't wait for him to finish it either, pulling her in and kissing her soundly. There were hoots behind them and the band went crazy, drumming and thrumming and making so much noise that nothing could be heard.

It didn't matter, though because she was too busy kissing back and drowning in the sudden, overwhelming tide of emotions rising inside her.

She was married to the man she loved.

She couldn’t believe she'd done it!

…………………………….

'I don’t believe it!' Mei exclaimed, panicking as they sneaked back inside their temporary quarters, while the HQs was being renovated. 'I can't believe it! Oh god, Tiffany's gonna kill me… and Mom! She won't forgive me! God, Luhan what…?'

'Shh…' Luhan patted her back soothingly, hugging her until her tense shoulders relaxed. 'It'll be alright. They'll understand… besides, it's not like we're not going to have a proper wedding.'

Mei nodded, breathing deeply. 'You're right, of course you're right… we'll have a proper wedding and we'll go back to my country and do it… or should I call my family over?'

'Whatever's easy for my wife…' Luhan muttered, rubbing his nose against hers before pecking her lips. 'Aren't you happy to be Mrs. Lu?'

Mei giggled, the giddy sense of happiness overpowering her worry. 'Of course I'm happy.'

'Be that way,' he told her, a serious note creeping in his voice as he held her eyes, 'always.'

'As long as you're with me.' She countered, looping her arms around his neck as his slid around her waist.

'Even after…' She didn't let him complete the sentence because it was still too raw, too fresh in her mind and no, she wasn't even going to think about it. She was living happily ever after, starting today and nothing in the world would stop her. Not even Evil.

'Congratulations on your wedding, Mr. Mei.' She told his dazed self sassily before flouncing away.

'Ya!' He pulled her in, kissing her again and who knew how long they would've stayed in the corridor like that, whispering and giggling like crazy had someone not passed by.

It was probably D.O, since he was always prowling around to make sure everything was locked and safe before turning in. Luhan put a finger on his lips, shushing her before silently locking the window they'd climbed in from and tiptoeing to their room – which was fortunately located right next to the window.

They snuggled for a long time, sharing long, sweet kisses and tangling their fingers together, relishing in the sweet touches before sleep overtook them and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

………………………………

The next afternoon…

Suho swallowed, choking on his tongue but he could be excused because hot damn, was that Angel? Was this unearthly, celestial beauty gracefully gliding across the aisle really his sweet Angel?

Beside him, Chen let out a low, appreciative whistle.

'Lucky, man – you're so lucky.'

Suho could only nod in agreement, head bobbing unconsciously as he took in the beauty heading towards him. How did he get so lucky?

Angel didn't meet his eyes, her own lowered to the floor and a pretty blush climbing from the tops of her bare shoulders to her neck and painting her cheeks. Beside her, Matt looked ready to burst into tears, though he kept swallowing and glancing down at her with pride.

The wedding march was too damn slow because Suho wanted nothing more than to have her in his arms. He didn't realize he'd stepped forward until he felt a restraining hand on his shoulder.

'Patience, dude.' Chen's voice was amused and he knew he'd be getting it later but he couldn't bring himself to care. He was impatient, yeah, but then, who wouldn't be if Angel was their mate?

'Me, cause I'm too cool.' Chen told him and he realized he'd spoken aloud. Damn, she short-circuited his brain.

'Nope, you're a natural .'

Suho closed his eyes, not wanting to snap at the Legend who'd been bedridden until some time ago – but Chen seemed to be hell-bent on making up for lost time, unable to keep his mouth shut… though he'd never been that good at it to begin with.

Fortunately, for both of them, Angel neared them and Suho lost all rational thought, his mind going into an unending litany of 'mine' as the beast rose eagerly to the forefront, making his eyes flash momentarily red.

If anyone noticed, they didn’t comment and Suho was glad because he was kind of hard-pushed right now, the beast and the man inside him both drowning in the rising possessiveness inside him.

He might've lunged for her, had his best man not been restraining him.

Angel still didn't meet his eyes, though her blush deepened as if she'd heard his thoughts. Well, she'd better get used to it if she planned on going around looking like that.

Matt offered him a quivering smile as they reached him, his hand tightening around Angel's before he put it in Suho's. Tears slipped out of his eyes as he stepped back and Chen wrapped an arm around the man's shaking shoulders, silently comforting him.

Suho didn't notice any of that because he was too busy staring at Angel – up close, she was even more beautiful and he was beginning to feel a little weak in the knees.

Someone started talking and he vaguely understood that he was taking vows but he didn't pay attention to any of that until someone poked his back. He blinked and the glare directed at him made him realize he had to say something.

'I do?' He hoped it was the right response.

Someone snickered but thankfully, they resumed the talking and he resumed his shameless ogling. Angel's eyes, devoid of her glasses, were wide and beautiful – even more so because she'd finally decided to look up and now, he was drowning in the depths of her orbs.

She couldn't seem to tear her eyes away either and without knowing it, he edged closer until they were merely inches apart.

Someone cleared their throat loudly and when that didn’t deter him, hooked an arm in his collar and pulled him back. Suho growled, turning to glare at the person who'd dared to interrupt him.

Chen smiled brightly. 'Let him finish, at least.'

Suho opened his mouth to retort – probably along the lines that she was his mate and he would do what he wanted, when he wanted – but some rational, still-working part of his brain reminded him that there were guests – other than his own family – and that he needed to keep appearances for Angel's sake.

So he pulled back, sighing and resolutely not staring at Angel's chest where the dress dipped so enticingly, molding right over her curves. Nor did he stare at the necklace with droplet-like jewels that dipped in the valley in between or how her collarbones stood out, glowing invitingly …

Was it hot in here or was it just him?

He cleared his throat, hurriedly looking away because sporting a tent right now would be really awkward.

The snickers behind him – from the Legends, he had no doubt, he could make out Baekhyun and Chanyeol but he was sure others were laughing too – increased until Merissa sent them a glare and silence descended on the crowd once again.

The silence stretched and Suho realized they were waiting for him again. Crap. Merissa was going to kill him for spoiling her daughter's perfect wedding.

Thankfully, Chen nudged at his fingers and he blinked, grabbing the box in his hand. He stared at it uncomprehendingly for a moment before it hit. Oh, the rings. Right…

He fumbled but managed to get the ring out and then, taking Angel's trembling hand in his – she was nervous, he sensed, and sent a soothing bolt of energy through their link – gently sliding the ring into place.

Angel returned the gesture, though it took her two tries before she succeeded. He didn't let go of her hands, twining his fingers with hers and holding her in place.

'You may now kiss the bride.'

Those were the only words he'd heard through the entire ceremony but he figured they were the only ones that mattered as he pulled her in and kissed her too-tempting mouth.

……………………………….

A/N

Because I figured we'd been through enough angst and deserved some fluff :) I hope you're happy with this - Mei certainly is, has thankfully stopped beating me up for offing Luhan XD 

No but seriously.

In case its not clear, their wedding takes place around two weeks after the whole battle with Evil fiasco - and yes, they rushed it and really, can you blame them? Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the update, see you laters alligators...

Oh but before I leave, how many have been slayed by EXO's comeback???? I haven't even listened to the song yet but its already killing me :/ 

Okay then, bye bye :3