Chapter 35

You are My Destiny

She needed to thank Kai for this, Mei thought again as Luhan lowered his head and caught her lips against his, making her melt into him.

They were still in the amusement park, even though the place was technically closed, having evaded the staff until everyone had left and except for a few lights, everything was dark around them. Neither of them minded though – the moon was bright enough to throw everything in sharp relief and it gave the area around them a mysterious, romantic look.

She still couldn't really believe he was back; she'd prepared herself to wait another painful day or two and to have him back, with her, kissing her, felt like a dream.

Luhan had been sad enough at the delay that even coach – who'd ignored both Minho and Doojoon when they'd asked – relented and pushed for an early meeting with the sponsors so that he could return home. And Kai, his wonderful Shadow, had shown up right when their meeting was winding down, to drag him back home because I'm sick and tired of your long faces.

He'd only had the chance to pick up a rose with the spare change he had in his pocket because Kai had brought him directly to the carnival, where Mei was flailing around trying to pin the tail to the cardboard elephant.

Sehun and Tiffany had quieted down when they'd caught sight of Luhan and after slipping his wallet in his pocket – 'You owe me big time,' Kai had muttered – they'd all silently fallen back, Tiffany shouting one last hint at her before they vanished and then, Mei had touched him, recognizing the familiar planes of his body and the rest, as they said, was history.

Mei had thought he might want to go somewhere else since the place had already been winding down when he'd shown up but he said he wanted privacy with her and anywhere else meant they'd have people around them and he wanted her all to himself.

Well, she wasn't averse to a little – or a lot, really – alone time with him anyway and so, they'd happily hidden in shadows and ducked around corners as the amusement park shut down, the stalls put down and the rides closed till the next morning.

Once they were alone, they walked around, hand in hand, snuggling and kissing every minute or so. She'd never felt happier.

'I'm sorry,' he muttered now as they rested on one of the numerous benches dotting the main street, head resting in her lap as her fingers carded through his hair, legs stretched out before him.

She shook her head, 'Don't…'

'But I made you wait so much,' he sat up, touching her face, looking regretful. 'We haven’t been out in years…'

She giggled, 'It's only been a few months,'

He shook his head, doggedly continuing, 'and then I up and left.' He pouted, making her laugh again, 'I'm sorry baby.'

She leaned forward to peck the pouty lip which, unsurprisingly, expanded into more and they only broke apart when neither could breathe any longer. 'Apology accepted,' she panted, breathing heavily.

'I think I still have to apologize,' he muttered back with fake remorse, 'I don't think I'm fully forgiven.'

Well, who was she to refuse him? She hummed happily when he leaned in again to capture her lips once more and eagerly went into his lap when his hands urged her, wrapping her arms around him and losing herself in him.

'Am I forgiven now, Mrs. Lu?' He asked when they parted, eyes hooded and lips brushing against hers with every word.

'Yes, Mr. Mei,' she whispered back.

They snuggled again for a while, completely content to just sit there and bask in each other's company but eventually, Luhan's legs started feeling numb – the bench was hard, cutting off his blood supply – and Mei got up reluctantly. What could she say? He made a comfortable couch.

'Is this all I am to you?' He asked dramatically, mock betrayal all over his face, 'A couch?'

'Nothing more,' she sniffed back cruelly. 'but a very comfy couch.'

'Ah, the tragedy,' he wailed, making her giggle as he flailed around before yanking her arm and pulling her close, 'This is it. I have decided I'll woo you until you decide I'm more than just your comfy couch.'

'You may try,' she told him, playing along, 'but I have very high standards.'

'Ya!'

Giggling, she ran off and he chased after her, catching her around the waist and tickling until they were both out of breath, laughing and squealing. They bent over to catch their breaths and in the silence, caught each other's eyes then started laughing all over again.

It was a long while before they quieted and he pulled her into a gentle back hug once again. 'I'm glad to be back,' he told her, kissing her ear and making her squirm. 'I really, really, really missed you Mei.'

How was she supposed to take that? Her knees were already weak from all those kisses and now, he was sweet-talking. He traced his lips over her neck. 'You like my sweet-talk,' he whispered, making her shiver.

She couldn't even deny it because she did.

'So…how did the matches go?' she asked after a while because she genuinely cared. And because she had a thing for her man playing football – he was, in her opinion, at his hottest when he was a) playing football or b) singing and c) dancing.

'And d) when I'm shirtless,' he muttered, reminding her of her favorite fantasy – seeing him shirtless which she'd recently fulfilled when he'd played that basketball match and hot damn, was he good – and she could feel him grinning evilly, 'and e) when I'm in a white shirt with the top buttons open…' she whimpered, feeling heat pool inside her, ' and f) when I'm fresh out of shower…'

Damn the mate's link, she couldn't even secretly fantasize about him. She could feel the hot flush of embarrassment on her cheeks – having you deepest fantasies laid bare would do that to you, trust her – and arousal shooting through her spine.

'Why keep them a secret…' he muttered, nipping her earlobe, smug, 'when I can fulfill them?'

Okay, that was enough. She needed to turn around and tell him to stop or she would end up in a puddle of hot goo at his feet and he'd have no one to blame but himself. She made to turn around but his arms tightened around her, keeping her in place.

'Just imagine…' he whispered, breath feathering over her neck and sending shivers down her spine. And he didn't speak anymore, just started relaying images of her own fantasy back to her. It was one she'd been thinking about quite often these days because he was gone and she missed him sorely.

Coming home and getting to the room but it always opened before she could turn the knob, to reveal Luhan in all his after-shower, wet hair, white-shirt glory. For some reason, he was always wearing rimless glasses in her fantasy… okay, so maybe she had thing for hot nerds, sue her. And the top two or three buttons were open, always, to reveal those delicious, ably bitelicious collarbones and the defined v of his pecs and then…

She whimpered for real this time, bones turning liquid because it was one thing to imagine everything herself and quite another to have Luhan relay what he would do to her. It made her burn.

'Luhan…' she half-moaned, half-sobbed, hands going up to tangle with his hair, turning her head to catch his lips. He responded eagerly, one arm wrapping around her torso, the hand resting against the fluttering vein in her neck, the other gripping her waist tightly, pulling her into his body.

The kiss was desperate and intense and they were both gasping when they finally broke apart.

'Mei…' he growled, his eyes red as his beast rose to the forefront before he dove in again, yanking her hard against his chest. Their lips clashed again and then, she was being lifted in his arms. Not in the mood to be surprised, Mei only wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried on kissing her before leaving to trace down her neck.

He nipped softly at the tender flesh before going back in for a harder bite, making her cry out.

Mine…

Mine!

Luhan could testify that Mei was even more ferocious about this than he was. Whenever his beast asserted its claim, Mei was ever ready to counter it with an even stronger one of her own. It was hot. And it drove him insane.

As always, things got out of hand. One moment they were making out, the next, he was stumbling to the nearest wall so he could push her against it and ravage her like he wanted to, like she wanted him to and…

His foot caught in something lying on the floor and he stumbled, nearly falling to the ground before he engaged his powers to break the fall, flipping midway so Mei could land on him if they failed. It didn't happen, thankfully, but it effectively brought them out of their lust-haze.

'Luhan…' Mei muttered from somewhere above him after he'd gently let them down. He hummed, quite happy at the place his face was – literally heaven. She smacked his head, sitting up quickly and pulling the jacket lapels closed over her chest. He half-laughed, half-groaned before sitting up.

Now that they were both more in possession of their senses, Mei could feel the beginnings of embarrassment. To think that they'd literally been going at it in the open, practically the public.

'The park's empty…' he said half-heartedly.

Mei gave him a look before standing up. 'I'm not having my first time in a dirty park… yikes!'

Luhan laughed as he lifted her in his arms bridal style, pulling her face close for a quick peck. 'Of course not,' he muttered, still far too close for her heart. They might've stopped and she might have her ideals about her first time but her body, apparently, had no such reservations. It shivered at the proximity, far too primed not to be affected.

'We'll do it your way, princess,' he promised her and she hid her face in his chest, mortified. Did he have to say such stuff?

'Put me down,' she muttered after a while, although truthfully she was quite happy to be carted about like this. Luhan, in his fits of protectiveness – or sheer cheesiness, Mei still wasn't sure about it – insisted on carrying her around, at times not letting her leave his lap for even a few minutes. And she still had to fight with him to make him leave the toilet because he could be ridiculous like that.

Being Lu-deprived though, she had no objections for now but she was trying to be considerate, seeing as he'd just returned home and hadn't had the chance to rest and they'd been walking around for hours now.

On the plus side, she had lost a couple of kgs so she was easier to carry.

'Mei…' he muttered, 'I told you you're perfect as is.'

She melted against his chest – he really needed to stop sweet-talking or she'd go crazy.

'Here we are!' He finally set her down and she glanced around. They were at the foot of the large Ferris wheel with those closed box-like cars which rose up miles in the air. She was surprised he'd brought her here though – Luhan hated heights.

He was opening the lock of the lowest car and stood back after a moment. 'Tada!' He announced happily.

'Luhan what…?'

He pulled her closer, helping her inside the car before following her inside and closing the door beside him. The windows threw in sufficient moonlight to make everything visible and she could see the naughty smile on his face.

'We're not out in the open,' he muttered, sliding close to her and making her giggle at the leery face he was making, 'so we have our privacy.'

'I'm still not putting out,' she muttered against his lips.

'Relax,' he smiled and he shouldn’t look so adorable with his eyes flashing red like that but really, he looked nothing short of cute. 'We'll just have a little fun… so, how about we try a fantasy of mine?'

She giggled as she backed into the corner before he pounced.

………………………………….

A/N:

Fair warning - this and the following couple of chapters are nothing but MeiLu fluff, written with the explicit purpose of appeasing my sister who's been threatening me physical harm should I failr to redress the severe lack of Mei-Lu interactinons in the previous chapters. So... just a heads up :) 

Also, happy Minsoek day :3 I know I'm late but that's why my status has been about him this entire month XD He and I will be the same age for next six months or so :3 Let me cherish that <3