Chapter 12

You are My Destiny

'A strip show… really?' Suho asked, rubbing his forehead where a throbbing ache was beginning to develop, as the principal listed all the offenses under Baekhyun's name – organizing unauthorized strip shows, promoting public indecency, starting gang wars, criminal activities, delinquency, not following the dress code and attempts to physically harm the staff. There were seven more Legends to go and the thought made his head throb even more.

Why did they all put his name as the guardian? Why? He had just married, why did he have eight overgrown children to his name? Twelve if he counted the girls but thankfully he wasn't their legal guardian but that did not make it any less worrisome.

When the man rung off, Suho threw his head down, holding it between his hands.

'So…' Baekhyun sounded way too chipper for someone with such a long list of offenses to his name, 'what did he say?'

'A strip show, Baekhyun?' Suho asked, glaring at him.

All he got in response was a nonchalant shrug. 'Chanyeol and Raina needed my help – the rest took off their shirts on their own. Don't blame me for that.'

Suho opened his mouth to reprimand him – he should feel some responsibility –but Kris's arrival interrupted him.

'I really thought he wouldn't do anything,' he muttered apologetically, nodding at the phone, 'he seemed quite intimidated by the Beagles… but somehow, his pants caught fire and he's thinking it was done deliberately.'

Baekhyun and Chen let out simultaneous snickers that turned into coughs at Suho's glare. They were going to drive him insane – or to an early whitehead – if they continued like this. He'd thought high school was bad but this was so much worse.

'We're all finding our mates,' Baekhyun reasoned, trying to comfort him.

Didn't he get it? This was exactly why he was worried – what if Baekhyun found his mate in the university as well? Or, heaven forbid, Chen – who knew what kind of havoc he would wreak.

'I'm offended,' Chen protested indignantly, 'I'll be smoother than Xiumin.'

Seeing as the Legend was an emotional wreck who'd returned from who knew where (although they all assumed it had something to do with Lily and how the hell he thought breaking up with her was a good idea, Suho will never know) with a blackened eye and cold rolling off him in palpable waves that froze almost everything it touched, that wasn't very comforting.

'I think he's cool,' Baekhyun shrugged, grinning at his poorly played pun.

'Stop talking,' Suho raised a hand, sure he'd burst an artery if this continued any longer, 'Just… where's my wife, I need her!'

'Ha, you have no room to talk!' Baekhyun crowed as Suho stood up to look for Angel, sending distress signals through their link in hopes that she'd come rushing and rescue him, 'I wasn't the one flooding the city.'

He'd flooded the city when he was kissing her, of course he was flooding it when they took things a little farther.

'A little? You call getting on with it in the living room a little?'

He really needed to talk to Kai about what sort of information was safe to share. And really, they'd just been kissing – he wasn't even shirtless so basically both Kai and Chanyeol got more action than he did.

Thankfully Angel found him before he could completely lose it and he hugged her tightly, glaring at the snickering Legends over her head. They could laugh all they wanted but his Angel was the best and he would flood the city three times over if that's what it took to sleep with her.

Angel blushed as his thoughts ran awry and ran a calming hand down his back. He really was stressed, with everything that had happened and the constant threat of Evil's return wasn't helping. Add Chanyeol's fever and Xiumin's moodiness and D.O's perpetual grumpiness and Baekhyun's apparent ability to heal, Tao's lack of progress with Raina and it was no wonder he was so worried. Thankfully, the HQs would be renovated soon and they could get out of here, then he could sleep with her all he wanted.

Suho grinned at the thought, finally calming down. She was right – of course, his mate was the best – they'll have all the privacy in the world once they moved back. He could totally use this time to figure out how to not cause floods whenever he got .

Angel buried her red face into his chest. 'Please stop,'

'Why?' he teased, chuckling when she gently hit his shoulder.

She really was good for him, he thought sometime later as he faced the rest of the Legends where they'd gathered in the living room, in a much better mood than before. Though it was probably because Angel had kissed him and told him to think of her if he got angry and well, how could he not feel better after that?

The unconscious smile on his face made the rest sigh in relief because it meant less scolding for them. Not that any of them were afraid of him – other than the respect alpha demanded, he really wasn’t that scary, too soft and lenient for his own good and he could probably take lessons from Kris about keeping them in check – but it always made them feel guilty after seeing his disappointed face.

'So…' Suho began, looking around at the assembled Legends. Aside from Chanyeol, who'd literally caught a fever and was sleeping it off, the rest were gathered around. 'Other than the theatrics you guys put up at the basketball court, anything else I need to know?'

'Chanyeol has a date this weekend,' Baekhyun announced smugly, high-fiving Chen.

Amid the hoots and cheers, a noncommittal sniff by D.O and a death glare by Xiumin when Baekhyun tried to high-five him as well – his mood had deteriorated even more – Suho raised his voice, 'Really? I was under the impression he still hadn't talked to her.'

'And he never will if he keeps going the way he is,' Chen reasoned, spreading his hands out, 'so we're doing it for him. His fever will have settled by then, hopefully, so it should be alright for him.'

'Wait, so it’s a blind date?' Lay asked, looking rather lost.

'Actually, it's… kind of a double date,' Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck, uncharacteristically shy.

Suho raised a brow, so Chen explained. 'Her friend agreed to bring her along to hang out with us at the Black Pearl. We'll leave Chanyeol and Nara alone to give them time to get to know each other and stuff...'

'That's…' Suho began before clearing his throat, 'actually a reasonable plan.'

He eyed the duo suspiciously, 'Is that all?'

'I resent your tone,' Baekhyun told him, buffing his nails and sniffing, 'We're perfectly capable of behaving normally.'

Chen nodded, 'We just don't like to.'

'Well, keep this normal, okay? We cannot afford to alert Evil about our potential mates, so…'

'Yeah, yeah… stop bugging.' Suho pursed his lips in irritation before sighing. 'Alright then… any news on Evil?'

Even though they were going about their lives like nothing had changed, they were on high alert about the slightest indication of their archenemy's presence given that he had vanished without a trace and was probably plotting a return now that his plan had been foiled.

Baekhyun's smile looked a little strained when Suho started because it meant his respite was over and now, he would have to confront whatever had happened back then. Lay's hand slipped into his, squeezing reassuringly and Baekhyun squeezed back.

'He's silent,' Kris was relaying whatever he'd been able to gather – they were all taking turns – in the past week, 'I haven't seen anything suspicious… which is suspicious in itself and I don't like it.'

Baekhyun nodded, along with others. Silence from Evil meant he was planning new ways to mess with them and that was never good. And since Evil now knew about the mates as well, they could be sure he was going to target them whenever he came back. And they could not afford a repeat of their recent fiasco.

Suho furrowed his brow, worrying his lips, 'Lay?'

'I… haven't felt anything since we woke up…' Lay leaned forward, clasping his hands together, 'but I don't think I will be able to anymore.'

There was noise of dissent but he spoke over it, 'My powers are back and there isn't even the slightest… block… I'm like I used to be back on Exo-planet. When I had Evil's darkness inside me, I could feel it draining my powers every time I healed.'

'So basically, we're striking in the dark again?' D.O sounded annoyed. Then again, he hated it when his plans were foiled and using Lay to track Evil down had been a big part of his recent strategies.

Lay shrugged. 'I can still see the future.' He offered, smiling a little.

D.O made a face like he didn't want to agree but sighed. 'I guess.'

'And we have Kyra…' Sehun reminded them, only to be silenced by the sudden glares thrown his way. 'What??' He whined, pulling his chair behind Luhan's – and still failing to hide himself, 'What?'  

D.O rolled his eyes at the not-so-subtle gestures being thrown around, especially by his Shadow and Baekhyun. 'I can see you guys, you know.'

They stilled, throwing him sheepish smiles and he rolled his eyes again, reverting his attention to Suho, who looked constipated with whatever he was holding inside.

'What?' he sighed resignedly.

'How are you managing?' He asked immediately.

D.O arched a brow. 'I haven't broken any bones recently, so pretty well I'd say.'

'Good, good, that's good…' Suho threw him another look making him sigh again, 'What now?'

'Are you sure you can't just…'

'Suho, I expect you to talk more sensibly than them!' D.O snapped, irritated.

'YA!' Chen and Baekhyun protested in unison.

'I'm just saying… maybe you're taking it a little too… just because Luhan and Kai…'

'Yeah,' Chen spoke up, 'and she didn't trigger my fever so, I'm pretty sure she's not my mate.'

D.O looked like he'd snap again before he sighed, 'It's not about that.' He muttered, not looking at any of them.

'So what's…'

'I can't force her into something she doesn’t want, okay?' He snapped, glaring at Suho. 'I won't. The claiming won't happen if she doesn't accept me…'

'Pff, it totally could…' Sehun muttered, not-so-discreetly, earning a smack to his head.

'Point is, she has a choice,' he eyed Chen balefully, 'and I won't take it away from her.'

'He's so sweet, I had no idea…' Baekhyun muttered out of the corner of his mouth.

'Very sweet,' Chen nodded in agreement, smiling but his eyes were serious as they met his Shadow's. 'Noble, in fact.'

Suho cleared his throat as the two Shadows engaged in a weird stare off, addressing Kris instead. He'd been thinking of asking this privately but talking to the Legends reminded him that if he was facing this problem, they were as well – and the unmated ones would, hopefully soon, need this kind of guidance as well.

'I have a question…' he began before stopping, a little uncomfortable. 'Um… you know how… it rains when Angel and I…'

'My ears!!! Ugh, please stop before you ruin my innocence!!!' Baekhyun wailed dramatically, clapping a hand over his ear and smacking Tao's with the other. The cub yowled in pain before smacking Baekhyun and yanking him close they could both close their ears together.

Suho eyed them irritably before turning back to Kris. 'Is there any way to manage it? I mean… I've tried but I can't really keep it in check.'

Luhan nodded in agreement, smiling ruefully at Kai who had to take the brunt of his out-of-control libido. Kris looked a little surprised being put on the spot like that but he furrowed his brow like he was thinking about it.

'I'm… not sure if there is any sure way of dealing with it… I think it'd be different for everyone, right? And how you deal with it would depend on how… intimate you are with your mate.'

Baekhyun and Tao leaned closer, looking curious; Sehun dragged his chair out from behind Luhan, leaning his elbows on Kai's thighs for support, Lay glanced between Kris and Suho like watching a tennis match and even Chen and D.O broke their stare-off to look at him curiously. Only Xiumin remained as he was, silent and glaring at the wall like it had personally offended him.

Kris flushed, looking uncomfortable at the attention.

'What do you mean?' Sehun broke the silence, looking fascinated. Baekhyun muttered, 'ert' under his breath and Sehun flipped him off, much to Luhan's horror. But before Luhan could reprimand him, Kris cleared his throat.

'Um… well… I- uh, we… um… found ways to use it…'

'Come again?' Suho was liking where this was going and if Kris meant what he thought he meant…

'For our activities… we found ways to use it for our… activities.' He finished lamely, not looking at any of them and blushing furiously.

'You little…' Chen began before D.O smacked a hand over his mouth, 'Ignore him.'

'But really… flying - mmph!' Luhan shut Baekhyun up, smiling at Kris, 'Ignore him.'

Kris buried his face between his huge hands and that earned another round of teasing from Baekhyun and Chen who could not let an opportunity like this slide. Finally, Luhan had to drag Sehun, who was looking way too fascinated by idea of flying… stuff, and Tao, who just looked confused, away before the elders could corrupt their minds again.

'It's for their education,' Baekhyun called after him, laughing, 'they're going to get there sooner or later.'

'What's flying ?' Lay asked in the silence that followed, making the Legends collapse with laughter again.

And that, Suho thought, was as much as they could manage in one night.

But Kris was right, they could use their powers instead of trying to push them away. Really, why hadn't he thought of it before? Ooh, he couldn't wait to get back to Angel now.

……………………………….

'So…' Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows teasingly, making Raina flush with embarrassment. 'Tell us what happened!'

They were hanging out in Angel's room because it had the largest, fluffiest bed and they could roll around and mess it up without offending Suho because he was kind of messy himself and long as Angel was there, he didn’t care what his room looked like.

'Nothing…' she muttered, glad her hair was loose so it could fall on her face and cover it for once. 'Really.'

'Didn't seem that way to me!' Mei objected, leaning forward on her elbows and cupping her chin between her hands, 'Nobody gets that close without doing something. Spill!!'

'You should've snapped a picture,' Tiffany told Mei, pushing her shoulder, 'I bet they looked hot.'

'Like fire.' Mei nodded and Raina groaned, feeling like steam was coming out of her head. It was bad enough that she couldn't seem to stop thinking about it and now her friends were deliberately putting images in her head.

'It's because we know you want to think about it,' Even Kyra was siding with them. Raina had expected better of her old friend.

'You guys are mean,' she muttered, burying her head in her arms and resolutely not thinking about how close they'd gotten, or how Tao's eyes had flashed red or how it had made her heart race. Nope, she was not thinking about it. 'I wish Lily was here.'

'Yeah well, she obviously doesn't want to be here, so let's not bring her up.' Tiffany sounded irate and Raina had a moment of regret – she probably shouldn't have brought up Lily because Tiffany was as sensitive about it as Xiumin, apparently. They'd known she was leaving but she hadn't even bothered to say goodbye and Tiffany wasn’t the only one hurt by this – they'd thought they were more than just boss and employees.

'Ugh, stop with the long faces,' Mei stretched her legs out, throwing arms around both her friends. 'I bet she thought it'd be easier this way, make you guys hate her and move on quickly with your lives – sounds like the kind of thing she'd do.'

'Or maybe,' Kyra added, 'she just thought she'd be tempted to stay if she met you guys. Xiumin broke up with her and it has to be difficult for her, yet she would've stayed…'

'I hate it when you're being so reasonable…' Tiffany grumbled under her breath, looking away. 'Fine, but she's still a .'

'We miss her too.' Angel had been sitting in the corner quietly, strumming her new guitar – glittery and pink, with Papa's Angel written over it, a wedding gift from Matt – between her fingers. She smiled softly, 'but I agree with Kyra and Mei. I think the least we can do is try to be understanding.'

Raina and Tiffany met each other's eyes before letting out simultaneous sighs. 'Fine.'

'And now, back to the topic…' Mei sat up, leaning back, 'what happened?'

'Nothing, okay?' Raina put a hand over her eyes, hoping that would wipe the image of his hair falling into his eyes, sweat trickling down his temples as he extended his hand towards her. 'Nothing.' She sounded disappointed to her own ears and wasn't surprised at Mei's smirk.

'But…' Tiffany prodded.

'But?' Raina arched a brow, stubbornly clinging to the piece of information she knew her friends were digging. She wasn't sure she wanted to hear their foolish suggestions when she was about to leave to hang out, presumably alone, with Tao.

Kyra put her book down, smiling a little ominously. 'You do know I can see the future, right?'

Crap.

'What?' Tiffany jumped up, 'what is it?'

'Raainaa…' Kyra sang teasingly and Raina groaned in defeat. 'He asked me to hang out with him tonight.'

'WHAT?' Mei and Tiffany jumped out of the bed simultaneously, making Raina bounce and roll. She managed not to land on her this time but ended up scraping her knees. Her friends ignored her, too busy going through different sorts of breakdowns.

'I told him he needed to hold out, what the hell was he thinking?'

'OMG, you have a date! Oh god, what will you wear?!?'

'Wait… why did you tell him to hold out?' Raina asked, curious.

Mei flapped a hand dismissively, 'Never you mind… you can't go looking like this!'

Raina glanced down at herself. 'What's wrong with this?' she was wearing capris and another tank top and she thought it was pretty good. They were just hanging out as friends.

'You want him to claim you or not?' Tiffany prodded her with her foot, urging her up and pushing her towards Angel's dressing table. 'Hmm?'

'Of course I want that…' Raina mumbled, wincing as a brush was yanked roughly through her hair. 'Ow!'

' it up,' Mei told her, holding up the brush threateningly, 'You're going to look kissable and that's final!'

'What does kissable have to do with my hair?' She asked, wincing again at the rough as Tiffany leaned forward, holding an eyeliner brush that looked vaguely ominous.

'You don’t want it getting in the way for your first kiss,' Tiffany told her, shuddering delicately, 'Gross.'

Before she even knew what was happening, she'd been made up, hair pulled back in a high ponytail once again and was being pushed out of the door despite her rigorous digging of heels in the carpet. All it earned her was carpet-burn and another scrape which Mei refused to let her wipe clean.

'Make him kiss it better.' She was told before the door was slammed shut in her face. She blinked in surprise when it swung open again and shoes were thrown in her direction, 'Ditch the slippers, wear these,' before it shut again.

She stood there, not really sure if she was ready for this before sighing and bending over to put the shoes on. Might as well go all the way – at least she wouldn't look like a shrew next to him.

…………………….............

A/N

hello :)

I want to call this chapter, 'Suho and his unruly kids' because poor Suho, having to manage these overgrown idiots XD and we're lucky they got around to talking as much they did, right? anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter... and we have a Tao/Raina date to look forward to. Yay!

alright, I'll see you guys later ^^ until then, bye bye <3