The media lies!

My Fake Sweetheart

Today, Appa summoned me to his office. So here I am, in the waiting room. Bored out of my head, watching gossips about idol groups I don't even know.

I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the aircon and the gossips. "Girl's Generation wins in the MAMA awards... blah... blah.. Shinee's Taemin -"

My eyes fluttered open when I heard the phrase 'Shinee's Taemin'. The TV was currently showing a photo from the video of Taemin and a girl... who happened to be me.

I watched, curious of what that was about.

Oh, it's the time when Appa locked me in my bedroom with Taemin. We were videoed that time. I remember Appa telling me that.

Hehe. Watching myself in the TV was funny.

"Shinee's Taemin actually has a girlfriend!" said a girl dressed in a ridiculous Spanish dress. Cosplay.

"Chiiinnchaaaaa?!" cried the audience. One girl fainted.

Oh great. I have haters.

"Ne! She's actually his childhood friend, and they were planning to get together until Taemin had to leave for Korea."

LIES. LIES. LIES.

The crowd aawww'd.

"Araso, Taemints! Whatever you call yourselves! Watch this clip about how sweet and innocent they are!"

The screen behind her moved. Then, I was there with Taemin. Sitting on a bed together.

"Pabo, wake up."

"We meet again after 2 years and that's what you tell me? You're the pabo."

Taemin pretended to stay asleep, although he already talked.

"Yah! Pabo! Wake up! Your Madeline is in Korea!" I yelled in his ear.

The crowd burst into giggles as they heard me say 'Your Madeline'. So that's why Taemin was smiling.

"Welcome to Korea!" Taemin got up and kissed me on the cheek.

Goosebumps. Why was I smiling in the video? Ahhh, a ghost possessed me in the TV screen!

Then, Taemin whispered something to me. It couldn't be heard, so they put subtitles.

"Maddie, we can finally be together." said the subtitles.

OMFGDSLFKHSFLKUGSSDFIEHHYQWERTYHUTREWYTRELSKJDN. infinity.

Then, I was creeping closer to Taemin, and I whispered something to him. I don't recall whispering back to him.

... photoshop, maybe.

Again, the subtitles did their job. "I got so tired of waiting for you."

Then I hugged him tightly.

The video ended with Minho gaping at us. They even put special effects. A hammer fell on his head, hehe.

"Anyways, here's a sample of Taemin's girlfriend, Lee Min-hee's voice!"

I love my talent, but I couldn't bear watching this anymore. I switched the TV off.

Taemin glared at me.

... Wait. Taemin's in the waiting room too?

I looked at the floor while talking to him. For some reason, I find it hard to look at him in the eye. "Why are you here?"

He huffed. "Well, I am your fake boyfriend."

Before I could look away to cover my awkwardness, Appa went in and saved the day.

"Follow me, we have something to discuss in my office," he said, smiling. He looks like a normal person, actually.

So we did.

After a long series of twists and turns, we finally arrived at his well-hidden office. It was full of my pictures.

Seriously. It was full of me. So much of me that it was creepy. I even discovered that Appa already made a poster of me. I am to be called MIN♪HEE, apparently.

Appa ordered us to take a seat as he was taking his. "So, I have a new mission for you."

I'm - so - scared. ♪ Mr. Appa Appa Appa... ♪

He cleared his throat to make sure that we hear him right. "You're going on a date."