May I be your shield?

May I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day. 

Seungcheol sighed as he looked at his two cousins who are crying their hearts out.

"Cheolie hyung, please don't leave!" Taehyung held unto Seungcheol's leg as Jungkook just cried next to him.

"Taetae, Kookie... I can't back down now."

"You told us Hanie hyung still loves you! He wouldn't want you to leave either."

"Kookie, don't bring up Hanie hyung. He's not Cheolie hyung's boyfriend anymore." Seungcheol bit his lip.

"Cheolie hyung... do you reallu have to go?" Taehyung bit his lip.

"Yeah, I need to go."

Soon, Taehyung released Seungcheol's leg and the latter knelt to match their height.

"Kookie and Taetae should be good boys while Cheolie hyung is not around, okay?" 

The two kids nodded.

"Take care of yourselves." Seungcheol patted the kids' heads.

"You too, Cheolie hyung." Jungkook smiled sadly with teary eyes.

"Mhm! Promise us that you'll take care of yourself!" Taehyung held out his pinky finger.

"I promise." Seungcheol also held his pinky finger as he and Taehyung made a pinky promise.

"B-Bye, Cheolie hyung."

"Bye, kids." Seungcheol kissed both of the kids' forehead and stood up to walk away.

"Cheolie hyung!"

Seungcheol turned around to the kids.

"We love you!" The two kids said in unison.

Seungcheol smiled.

"I love you too!"

The two kids grinned as they waved goodbye to Seungcheol's retreating figure.

At the wedding, Jeonghan was looking for Seungcheol.

"Jeonghan, who are you looking for?"

"Seungcheol... I invited him."

Joshua bit his lip as he looked at his watch.

It's 2:00. Seungcheol's flight is at 3:45.

"He's not going to go, Jeonghan. Stop hoping." Joshua sighed.

"I can feel it."

"Feel what?"

"That he still loves me. And so, he might just come."

Throughout the wedding, Joshua kept on looking at his watch.

3:00.

Jeonghan couldn't help but whisper.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Jeonghan pouted as it ws obvious that Joshua looked so nervous.

It was time for the vows

"Hong Joshua, do you take Yoon Jeonghan to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness and in health. For richer and for poorer, 'til death do us part?"

"I-I..." Joshua looked down and he caught a glimpse of the time.

3:15.

"I don't."

Jeonghan didn't know what to feel. Shocked or happy?

"W-What?"

"I'm sorry, Jeonghan. Come with me." Joshua pulled Jeonghan to the car as they drove off.

"What the heck, Joshua! What's wrong with you?"

"We're going to save your relationship."

"What? I don't under-"

"Seungcheol's leaving Korea!"

"W-What?" Jeonghan's eyes widen.

"He told me to marry you because you've been paranoid ever since you found out Seungcheol gets hurt. He doesn't want you feeling like you're at fault for everything. He couldn't push you away so he pleaded me to marry you."

A stop light was seen and so, Joshua looked at Jeonghan.

Jeonghanwas quietly sobbing.

How could Jeonghan made Seungcheol feel like that?

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Seungcheol didn't want you to know." Joshua sighed.

"W-We got to go faster!"

Joshua nodded as the stop light turned green and they sped of.

Seungcheol sighed as he was inside the airplane already.

It was 3:30.

"Goodbye, Jeonghan." Seungcheol mumbled as he wiped the tears that fell from his eyes.

 

 

Everyone wanted to send Seungkwan off. Even Vernon went to the airport.

"I'll miss you, Seungkwan! Say hi to omonim for me!" Minghao pouted.

"Yah, you can just talk to her via facetime. Don't make me your mailman?" Seungkwan stuck his tongue out.

"Aigoo, I never thought this day would come that you'll leave MANSAE Relaxation." Manager hugged Seungkwan.

"Thank you, Manager. You've been a great guy to me. I already think of you as my second appa. When I go here for vacation, I'll make sure to visit you." Seungkwan hugged Manager tighter.

"Aigoo, I'll miss you too."

Seungkwan let go of the hug and caught a glimpse of Vernon behind.

Vernon bit his lip as he doesn't know what to do nor say.

Seungkwan neared Vernon which made both of their hearts beat faster.

"Hansol... thanks for coming." Seungkwan smiled sadly.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Thank you too for making me reach my goal. I haven't just reached my goal to meet you, I experienced a lot of things because of you. I will never forget you, Hansol Vernon Chwe." Seungkwan's eyes get teary.

Vernon stared at Seungkwan with the same watery eyes.

"Thanks too. You taught me so many things."

Seungkwan nodded but still didn't go. He wants to hear Vernon more for the last time.

Suddenly, Vernon pulled Seungkwan into a hug.

"H-Hansol..."

"We didn't end so well. This might be the closest we'll get to having a proper closure."

Seungkwan nodded as he placed his arms around Vernon's torso.

"Y-You must be right."

"I'll miss you so much, Boo Seungkwan. Even after this day, I hope I won't lose my number one fan."

"You won't lose me. You never did." Seungkwan buried his face on Vernon's shoulder as they both cry.

Ming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter