Keep you safe from the storm

May I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol sighed as Jeonghan has been sleeping at his house for the past few days.

"Jeonghan, it's unfair. Your electricity bills isn't going higher." Seungcheol chuckled.

"I'd rather stay here. So I can know if they hurt you."

"I will tell you, Jeong-"

"I don't want you to just tell me. I want you to be safe." Jeonghan frowned.

"Jeonghan, how about you go sleep? You're getting so uptight and paranoid." Seungcheol caressed Jeonghan's cheek.

"Don't go outside without me, please." 

"Jeonghan... you go rest, please?"

Jeonghan nodded as he bit his lip and went to the bedroom.

Seungcheol sighed as he left the house.

At the cafe, Seungcheol waited for someone. He was nervous as hell. It was his first time to meet him. 

"Sorry, I'm late." The guy smiled sheepishly as he sat at the seat in front of Seungcheol.

"No, it's okay."

"So, you must be Seungcheol?"

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you, Joshua." Seungcheol smiled.

Joshua smiled as he bowed.

"You didn't bring Jeonghan along?"

"He doesn't know we're meeting today."

"Why?" Joshua raised an eyebrow.

"He wouldn't like what we will talk about."

"Don't tell me..." Joshua's eyes widen.

"I love him, Joshua. Too much. I already accepted that even though you're the one who can offer him much more, he would still love and want me. But..."

"But what?" Joshua frowned.

"But Jeonghan's being anxious and uneasy whenever he's with me. I don't want that. He's always worked up lately. And what makes me hate it more is because we chose to be with each other."

"So you want to what? Break up with him?"

"No. It's too... painful to do. I want you to accept the marriage proposal."

"What?!" Joshua stood up.

Seungcheol sighed as he motioned Joshua to sit down in which the latter did.

"We both know that Jeonghan's stubborn and he wouldn't let me go. Please do it..."

"I don't know, Seungcheol." Joshua sighed.

"Do it. Do it while I still can let him go." Seungcheol held Joshua's hand with teary eyes.

"Seungcheol..."

"He doesn't seem to realize how much this is affecting me. How much he's affecting me. Joshua, I know you don't love each other but..." Seungcheol bit his lip.

"But what?"

"But with time, you'll be able to love him. He'll be able to love you too."

"Seungcheol, are you sure you won't regret this?"

"I'm sure I will. But I'll be gone before that happens."

"Y-You're going to leave Jeonghan?"

"When he returns to his parents' house. Don't tell him that I told you this."

"Don't you want to be happy?"

"I can never be happy if Jeonghan is like that. If he marries someone his parents approve, I won't be happy but I'll be relieved." Seungcheol wiped his tears.

"I'm still not sure..." Joshua scratched his nape.

"I'll give you this month. Just this month."

"Why is there a countdown?" Joshua groaned.

"Because... I'm leaving Korea next month." Seungcheol sighed as he looked down.

"So you really are leaving..."

"To lessen the pain. I won't be able to stop myself if I ever see you and Jeonghan at the middle of the altar." 

Joshua just nodded and left Seungcheol, who wept alone at the table.

 

 

Vernon and Chan were at the house, watching some cheesy romantic dramas.

"Hansol hyung, until when?"

"Until when what?" Vernon raised an eyebrow.

"Until when are you going to date Seungkwan hyung?"

"Why? Do you want me to date you next?" Vernon chuckled.

"You're disguisting, hyung. But I'm serious so answer my question." Chan rolled his eyes.

"I'm not even thinking of ending it with Seungkwan." Vernon shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Why should I? He loves me and I love him-"

"The whole world doesn't."

Vernon frowned as he looked at Chan.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you understand, hyung? Maybe your relatives like Seungkwan and you together, but the others don't. Many are against you. Aren't you tired of hiding now? You're not even earning money!"

Vernon looked down.

"Hyung, you wanted to be careful because you dislike controversies. Controversies ruin your job and without a job, Sofia and your family isn't getting the life you want from them. So I don't understand what's happening to you."

"Seungkwan happened to me."

"Hyung-"

"Seungkwan came into my life and made me want to do things for myself too. I always wanted to everything for my family. I don't think it's a bad thing to do something for myself as well."

"Hyung..."

"I know this is a selfish thing to do but I don't want to let go of Seungkwan. I need him."

"But does he need you?" Chan scoffed.

"Why are we even having this conversation?" Vernon groaned.

"Because my bestfriend is risking everything for some guy!" Chan hissed.

"He's not some guy! He's the one I love and as a bestfriend, you should be respecting me and be happy that I actually wanted to do something for myself!" Vernon stoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter