8: Reason

OTHER HALF

Warning: MULTIPLE POV AHEAD.

 

Myungsoo's POV


"Sungyeol, your place or mine?" I asked as I was already halfway to Topaz.


Sungyeol who has his eyes closed, open his eyes to look at me with those weak eyes. I don't know if he could see me clearly, but if he could, then I may appear blurry in his eyes.


"Yours... I'm yours Myung."

"Of course you are."

I almost roll my eyes as he says those word. He's so cheesy, I could die.


I drove for good 7 minutes before we reached Topaz.


"Hi, excuse me. But I need help with Sungyeol."


"Is the young heir okay?"


"He is. He just caught a cold. I'll take him to my place next to his unit in the 45th floor."


"Uh, you're Mr. Kim Myungsoo?"


"Yes."


"Wait for awhile sir."


"Thanks."


She dialled someone from the private security and there's three of them who approached me. The one looks like the head of security in Topaz, thanks to his ID for letting me know.


"Sir?"


"Yes. I need help with Sungyeol. He caught a flu."


"Ah yes. The young master. My name is Dongwoon. I'm assigned for the young heir's security in Topaz."


"I'm Kim Myungsoo. This way please."


The three followed me as I went back to the parking lot where Sungyeol is.


Dongwoon carry him on his back with the help of the other security.


I held Sungyeol's bag together with mine as I lead the way to the 45th floor.


"Are you occupying some rooms here too, Mr. Kim?"


"Yes. The room before his room is mine."


"Oh. I didn't know you already settled in."


I just smiled.


We step out of the elevator.


"I'll look after him." I entered my pass code and open all the lights for better viewing. "The room there, is mine. You can put him down there. I'll go get some medicine and towel and some clean clothes."


He followed my orders. I put our bags down in the sofa and made my way to the kitchen to look for a medicine. But I can't let him take the medicine if he's not yet eating.


I open up the fridge and look for some ingredients to cook any kind of soup.


I roll my eyes and just made porridge. And while it's cooking, I look for some clean clothes from my cabinet and clean towel.


"Dongwoon, can you please buy some cold medicine from the drug store near here? I'm out of medicines here."


"Yes, sure Mr. Kim."


"Thanks. You're a life saver."


He dash out of my room. I started to strip Sungyeol to change his clothes.


"Yeol, open your mouth. Lets check your temperature. If things gets worst, I'm sending you to the hospital."


Sungyeol open his mouth with his eyes slightly open. He's shivering even though I turn off the air conditioner. I let out two more comforter from my cabinet and put it on him. The thermometer beeps continuously indicating that his temperature has been measured.


"38°. I'll be back okay? I'll grab your porridge and then I'll give you medicine once Dongwoon came back from the drug store."


He nods weakly, clutching tightly on the blankets over him. I went out of the room and grab my telephone to dial his mom's number. While I'm at it, I pour Sungyeol's porridge in the bowl.


"Hi, this is Kim Myungsoo. May I talk to Mrs. Lee? Tell her it's an emergency."


"Just a second, Mr. Kim."


I went back to my room while the phone is in between my shoulder and ear.


"Yeol, can you get up?" he tried to get up slowly. "Let me help you."


"T-thanks..."


"Sure." He sits up and I put one pillow behind him. "Can you eat by yourself?"


"Myungsoo-dear? What is wrong?"


"Mrs. Lee! Hold on!" I gave Sungyeol his spoon and let him eat by himself as I talk to her Mom. "Ah, yes. Sungyeol is sick. Just wanna know of he has allergies in medicine?"


"Sungyeol is sick? Why? What happened? And no, he don't have any allergies."


"That's good. Well, he surprised me too when he feel so hot beside me. Anyway, he's staying with me in my unit. You can go here anytime."


"Daeyeol is still sick, Myungsoo. But I'll be there tomorrow morning. He's not that sick to visit the hospital right? Tell me he's not..."


I watch him as he eat while looking at me panic. He smile.


"No, he's not that sick to go to the hospital. I'll just give him some cold medicine and let him sleep. I'll call you back if something happen."


"Okay, thanks Myungsoo. I owe you."


I went out to return the phone to the receiver then aided Sungyeol.


"How are you feeling?"

"Good. And your porridge is amazing. What did you put in here?"

"Love."

"I see. You must've pour all your love in it. Its delicious."

"Thanks."

I held his hand and he continue eating when Dongwoon came back from the drug store. I dismiss him once I'm sure that I'm not needing him anymore.

I lend Sungyeol his cold medicine after eating.

"Take it in one go and rest. I'll help Woohyun with his review, so don't worry about it."

"You'll do that?"

"To let you rest, yes."

He pull my hand and kissed it. "If I get any better, I'll join you."

"Sure. But it's much better if you just rest."

I smile to him and run my hand on his head and massage his scalp gently. He closed his eyes and grip my hand tightly.

I kissed his forehead as he fell down in deep slumber. And as I do it, I heard him say...

"I love you, Myung..."
--
Once I went out of the room with a basin in my hand, Sungjong and Woohyun came in with Minwoo. I raise my eyebrows and before I say something to him, he cut me off.

"I'm calling you but you're not picking  up."

"Good evening, Myungsoo. I hope you don't mind if I join the review night."

I let out a fake smile. "That's fine. Come in."

"Hey Myungsoo, have you cooked yet?"

"Not yet, Woohyun-hyung. I was taking care of Yeol till now."

"That's good. I'll cook. I have ingredients with me. How is he by the way?"

I emptied the basin. "Fine, I guess. I already gave him a cold medicine."

"I'm surprised he didn't start to be clingy."

"Why?"

"He's worst than Daeyeol when sick! He'll stick to you like a glue and kiss you all over."

I raise my eyebrow and he shake his hands frantically. "I don't mean it that way. I haven't been kissed by him."

"So he kissed someone else?"

"Yeah. His mom."

I let out a sigh of relief to that. I helped him do the ingredients for whatever he'll be cooking tonight. Then my doorbell rung. Sungjong picked it up for me.

"This is Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Howon. Let us in. I know Woohyun is there."

Me and Woohyun exchange glances as we heard that. Sungjong open the door and let them in.

Sunggyu as soon as he found Woohyun, jumped over him to give him a tight hug. Then, suddenly, my unit is filled with his sobs.

"Wha--- Gyu? What's wrong? Why are you crying?! Who made you cry?"

He shook his head frantically as he look at Woohyun in the eye. "Listen to me Woohyun..." Woohyun nods and look back to Sunggyu. "You have to pass the exams on Monday. And when I say pass, I mean rank 10 or higher. Do you understand?"

"What? As far as I remember, we made a deal that if I get rank 15 and higher. Rank 10 and higher is too much Gyu."

"No! Listen! I told Dad about us, Woohyun. He knows about you. About us. He knows everything. I insisted on not taking the exams in Seoul U and telling him the truth is the only way out! You see this?" Sunggyu showed his swollen face, like he's been slapped. Twice. Since it's on both cheeks. "...he got mad at me, Woohyun. But when Mom interfere, and you know how my Mom loves you for me, he let his defenses up but then... he asked for your student information. He knows you're in rank 27. And the only way he would accept us is for you to get yourself in rank 10 and higher."

I felt someone made it's way on my waist and as I look up on who was it, Sungyeol is hugging me from behind with a comforter covering him.

"Why did you get up?"

"Its noisy."

"Sungyeol, it's hot. Stop hugging me."

"So?" He put his head on my neck. "You smell so good."

"Sungyeol, I haven't-- I said I'm ticklish there."

"So? This is my property."

I turn to see our friends looking at us. I almost forgot that everyone is here. Not to mention, Minwoo.

"Don't mind us. Go on. He's just being a baby."

I said. Woohyun was still out of himself and Sungyeol is being his annoying self on hovering on my neck.

"What.. could I do? What if I fail?"

"Then he's taking me away from you. Away from Korea. You know what that means. And no Lee Sungyeol could help you find me."

"What?" we all said in unison. Sunggyu grab his head and sat down on the sofa and we all came closer. Sunggyu got Sungyeol's attention this time but he's still hugging me.

"He knows that no matter what he does, you'll find me because Sungyeol is there to help you. But this time, he'll make sure that even the Lee's wont find me..." Sunggyu look to Woohyun again and smile sadly. "I trust you, Babe. I know you can do it. You'll do it for us right?"

Woohyun wipe Sunggyu's tears away as he hugged him tightly. Sungyeol unwrapped his arms from my waist and he sat down beside the two hugging couple.

"We can start now. If you want."

"The review? But, you're sick, Yeol. I told you that I'll be the one to help them while you're recovering."

"I'm fine Myung. Lets help them out. Its much faster that way. And Woohyun is only stupid in Science subjects. So, we should only focus to where he's weak at for the meantime. Stop hugging and grab your books."

Woohyun gladly rush to his things.

We study separately. Sungjong and Minwoo are sitting on the dining table. While the second years are all seated on the living room. With Sunggyu and Dongwoo monitoring them.

I, on the other hand, don't like studying so I just... flips through the pages of my notes.
--
The day of the exams, the whole WSHS is at peace as everyone reviews their notes even if they're walking. I am sitting on my usual seat near the windows when my phone vibrated.

From My Yeollie❤: Woohyun is nervous. I miss you. I'm in front of your classroom right now. Can you open the window near the door?

I jumped on my seat, earning weird gazes from my classmates. I walk wordlessly to the door and open the window. I see Sungyeol standing there as he hid his phone to his pocket.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

He come closer and lean forward and kiss me. I was shock and pull away but he just gave me a smile and I swear that he looks stupid.

"What was that for?" I look around, worried that someone might spot us doing that.

"I just miss you. Just wanna say that I won't be up for lunch later. I'll be inside my office until 6pm for some businesses. I'll just see you in Topaz."

"What? Why?"

"Just because. I'll call you after the exams."

"Okay. Take care."

He pats my head gently before going.
--
Sungyeol's POV

"Yeollie!"

I turn myself around and smile immediately as I welcome Bora in my arms.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Fine. I guess. What are you doing here? There's exam going on today till 3pm."

"Its okay. I just wanna see you before I go to school, myself. Anyway, can you spare me some time after school?"

"What time?"

"6pm? Please? Come with me? I'm yet to make friends with the school I'm into now. And I miss WSHS. I wanna go to the mall."

"Okay. Call me then. Or, wait for me outside the school gate."

"Okay! I'll see you. Bye!"

I wave at her and went inside the classroom.

Our teacher came as soon as I'm seated. She told us the do's and don't while taking the exams. I take a look at Woohyun who was playing with his pen. He caught me looking and I murmur a, "You can do it."

He mouthed a thanks. This is the first time I saw him this nervous. The pressure from Sunggyu's dad does it.

I face the questionnaire and answer sheet and begun answering.
--
Myungsoo's POV

"How confident are you Myungsoo?"

"As confident as I'm standing here."

Sungjong sneered. I'm confident with my answers since it's way too easy for me.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo arrived with their tired faces.

"What happened?"

They both sigh heavily before bumping their heads with the table.

Howon arrived with Woohyun.

"How was it, Babe?" Sunggyu asked nervously as Woohyun sits beside him.

"I've done everything I could. We can only pray from now."

Sunggyu placed his head over Woohyun's chest. I turn to Howon who was eating his bread. "I thought you guys are busy and won't be joining lunch?"

He look at me while munching his food. "Sungyeol won't because he's talking to some students' parents. It should be Gyu's work. I'm surprised myself, that he's here. Why are you here again Gyu?"

"I want to eat. And I asked Sungyeol to do the favor for me and I'll let him off early later after class."

"Why? You have plans with him, Myungsoo?"

"None. He told me he's not eating with us and won't walk together with me today."

We look at Sunggyu at the same time and he just look back. "That's because he made plans with Bora."

"Bora? Who's that?"

"How is that possible?"

Howon and I asked at the same time.

"She was here earlier." He faced me. "She's Sungyeol's ex girlfriend. Back in Middle School."
--
Me, Sungjong, Minwoo, Woohyun and Howon decided to eat outside to release some stress after the exams.

"Its boring without the student leaders." Sungjong said as he bit his straw and lean on Minwoo's shoulder.

"Its because we left early before they finish. And Sunggyu said I should go home before him." Woohyun whine.

"Woohyun! Woohyun!"

"What is it Howon?! Quit pulling my shirt!"

"Isn't that Sungyeol-hyung?"

All of us turn to where Minwoo is pointing. Sungyeol came out in the opposite cafe from us. Then soon enough, a woman in a different school uniform followed him.

Sungyeol keep a safe distance away from the girl, though they're talking.

"Is that Bora with him?!"

"What is he doing here? I thought he said he'll come home after everything in school? Its not even six yet."

Jealousy filled me and I want to run to where he is that very moment, but chose not to, to avoid scandal.

I rather walk away and go home thank create a scene.

I grab my things and car keys to go home.
--
Sungjong's POV

I noticed Myungsoo making his way to his car. I then grab Minwoo and Woohyun who happen to be the one closest to me.

"We better follow those guys, or else! Myungsoo walked out!" I shrieked.

"What? But--"

"No buts! Lets go!"

We dash out of the cafe we're into and closely follow the two. Sungyeol was carrying a pink and black paper bag. And like him, the girl they called Bora is still wearing her uniform.

I promised myself to punch the hell out of Sungyeol if he hurt Myungsoo again. Even if he's my cousin, I'm on Myungsoo's side because he's my best friend.

The two enter a jewelry shop. And I can see that Sungyeol is holding out a... customized bracelet.

"What are those?" I asked Minwoo.

"That bracelet he's holding?"

"Yeah. What's that?"

"That's quite famous now. For couples. The owner of this shop is our school principal. He says that those bracelets are blessed from Paris. Making the couple last longer and stronger."

"And he dare to buy that with that girl?! Oh my God. I cannot believe this!"

"Calm down, Sungjong. We still don't know the whole situation." Howon tried to calm me down by reaching out for my shoulder but I Dodge it

"There's nothing to know more, Howon. Please tell your friend not to lead my best friend! I understand that he's having an amnesia, but this is just insane! He's more or less, Cheating!"

I left them all there and hail a taxi.

I tried calling Myungsoo, but he's not picking up. He must be home now. He left before us all.

Damn it.

When I reached Topaz, I almost tripped all over just to reach our unit. And when I did, Myungsoo is sitting on the couch. Holding a junk food and a coke.

"What the hell, Kim Myungsoo?! You don't eat those!"

"So? Its just for today."

"Because you're broken?!"

He roll his eyes on me when we heard the front door opening. We both turn to see who it was.

"Love!"

We exchange glances. What is that doing here?

"Love! You're here? Yeah, I figure. So I came to pick these things from the mall and our school principal's jewelry shop. You know the thing about these bracelets? Its limited edition. And it's been blessed from France. I ordered this from the Principal today, and luckily, I managed to secure it. And Oh, this paper bag is for you too. I kinda, had you in mind when I saw that thing so I bought it."

He approach Myungsoo who was looking at him with disbelief. Sungyeol lend him the black paper bag which he accepted reluctantly. Then, he let out some rectangular box from the red paper bag, smaller than the pink and black one.

"These are the bracelets. This one is yours. Lend me your wrist."

Myungsoo lift one of his wrist forward to Sungyeol. The other smiles as he places the bracelet around Myungsoo's wrist. I,on the other hand, can't catch up with the situation.

"I had a dream last night... and I was so scared Myung."

"Why?"

"Because I lose you in my dream. Again. That is the reason why I run to where you are earlier to see you and feel you. I kissed you, not caring about who's passing by."

My best friend is looking at Sungyeol as the other become teary eyed. "It hurts so much, Myung. It hurts. I don't know what to feel... and i don't even know why and what's stopping my memories to come back..."

"You won't lose me, Yeol." Myungsoo put the paper bag down and hug Sungyeol, grabbing his nape. The other wrapped it's arms around Myung's waist. I almost cried with the scene. Myungsoo knows why... he knows why Yeol's memory is being held back. He wouldn't look so guilty and scared if he don't.

But then, I realized how much stronger these to have become after a year.

What they had in England is one of those one in a million relationship. I almost died in envy.

Looking at them, knowing how Sungyeol is trying to remember everything just for Myungsoo, is something worth seeing.

"I'll leave you two here. Enjoy the moment."

I said as I exited the living room and run to my room.

I just wish. That if Sungyeol's memory came back... I wish he listens.

Listen to what Myungsoo would say.

--
Sunggyu's POV

When Woohyun asked me to meet them in the usual cafe, I have no idea why and what's happening.

I reached the cafe to see them sitting with Bora.

She's my girl best friend.

"Hi Gyu! How are you?"

"Why are you still out? Its late, Bora."

"So? I'm with you guys! By the way, Yeol says the love of his life from England is here. And was helping him remember."

"Myungsoo? Yeah, he's here."

"I want to talk to him, Gyu. Can you help me?"

I raise my eyebrows on her. "You're asking me now means, Yeol didn't allow you to meet him. So that's a no."

"Aw. Why so hard on me? Just wanna be friends with the lucky guy who own my 'the one that got away' guy."

"Bora, can't you let go? Its been... two years? And you're still in the past."

Bora gave me a murderous look and she pouts. "I realized my mistake. Can't I have another chance with him?"

Woohyun put down his drinks abruptly and eyed Bora with obvious irritation. "Not everyone deserves a second chance, Bora. It's your loss. Get over it. Lets go Gyu."

He pulled me out of the cafe and didn't let go until we reached Topaz. When we reached the 45th floor. Sungyeol was just about to come out from Myungsoo's unit. They're both surprise to see us. Woohyun look on the couple's wrists. They're wearing the bracelet that we're both familiar with since we also have a couple bracelet like that. But we're both wearing it as anklets.

"What are you guys doing here? Its late."

Woohyun grabbed Sungyeol's collar and push him to the wall. Me and Myungsoo are caught off guard as the two both let go of our hands.

"Hey! What's wrong?! What's this?!"

Sungyeol even if he's not aware of what's happening, didn't back down and grabbed Woohyun's wrist.

"Sungyeol, listen to me..."

"Do I have to be choked just to listen to you?"

"Sometimes..." Woohyun grinned. I heard Myungsoo asking me what's happening and I just shrug because I don't know either. "Bora still wants you. She wanted to meet Myungsoo. You know that?"

"Yeah. I know that already. Why?"

"Tell me you love Myungsoo!"

We all fell silent. "I love Myungsoo, Damn you! Don't choke me!"

Woohyun let him go and the two begun panting.

"Listen to me, Yeol... the only one who could help you find yourself, is Myungsoo. I won't let Bora come near you ever again."

"I know you won't. And I'm fully aware of the idea that Myungsoo is the only one I need. Bora is history. She's long gone."

The two begun laughing after a while, and I hit Woohyun on his head.

Sungyeol asked Myungsoo to come near him and hug him around it's waist but remained seated.

What if he really remembers? How will Myungsoo face this?

Their relationship is worth remembering...

But not the reason of his accident.

--

Author's note: YES GUYS. SUNGGYU KNOWS WHAT'S HOLDING YEOL'S MEMORY TO COME BACK IN ONE GO. :) HE KNOWS.