20: When love find its way...

OTHER HALF

Sungyeol's POV

I woke up that day, feeling groggy. But I managed to get myself ready for school early since I need to be on the road at 5am to reach school at 6. Sunggyu is being an throwing me some work that was meant for Woohyun who's still not back from Canada. Well, I forgot to send him the recorded confession of Sunggyu, so of course he won't be back. That's because of everything that happened between me and Myungsoo these past few days. I need a lot more courage to do this and to win his father's blessing, or we won't be together.

I'm just thinking... thinking to myself how I am managing things about me and Myungsoo maturely. I don't do... romance. All relationships I've been to is pure and innocent. Not to the point where I'll take the initiative to exert effort. Until Bora.

She used to be my everything in middle school, but now? She's just a friend. We parted ways because she choose modelling before me. Not that I mind that, as long as she's happy. But now, me compared to what I am with Bora, is different. Maybe because I'm trying to turn back time to make everything right, but Myungsoo made me realized that we're not trying to turn it back, instead we are trying to catch the time to make everything right. To set it on the right timing.

Last night, when Myungsoo told me how his Dad is the only one against us, I think of a strategy on how to persuade him. Obviously, my achievements is not that impressive to appeal on him. , why am I so nervous?

I saw Dad in the kitchen that morning making breakfast. When he turn to me holding a mug and sipping coffee.

"I can't believe you still do this, Dad. You love Mom this much?"

"Habits are hard to break, son. Like how Myungsoo cooked for you. And I know that you're leaving early today. You normally leave this time during school days from here."

"Yeah. Thanks Dad."

I sat down on the dining table and check my schedules today. And realized that I have to go check Emerald, Sapphire and Opal building. How will I see Myungsoo?!

"Son?"

"Yes Dad?"

"Are you dropping by in any of the GSSC buildings today?"

I pull my head up to look at Dad who was placing a food before me. "Yes. I will Dad. Why?"

"After class?"

"Yep. Why?"

He played with his fingers and his eyes became playful. He looked tense again. "Is everything alright Dad?"

"Ye-yeah. May I know what building you'll be visiting today?"

"Emerald, Opal and Sapphire."

I heard him grumble so I furrow my eyebrows. The hell is wrong with my Dad?

"Why are you... I mean... can you skip Sapphire? I mean... you can skip Sapphire. I'll be there. I'm meeting someone there tonight at seven so..."

"Business meeting Dad?"

"Yeah... kinda."

"I see. Okay."

"Okay what? Okay, you'll skip Sapphire on your list? Or okay about my meeting with someone and being held there?"

"Okay with both." then I turn to see my phone again. Myungsoo sent me a photo last night and made it as my screen lock photo. He's the cutest ever here. Keke~

I ate my breakfast and pat my Dad's shoulder goodbye. I didn't even notice how relieved my Dad is.
--
When I reached school, it looks like a deserted place, if it isn't for the guards and other employees. I sigh. Another day without Myungsoo is torture. I don't think I'll last a day without him.

I continue my slow pace on my way to my office. This tires me out. Everything around me is the same and nothing seems to break free in anything I do. There's nothing new.

I first move up to my office before going to our classroom for that day classes. I'm too tired to think and sleepy. I slept late, and woke up early. Wow Sungyeol. You never did this before.

Yuju greeted me with a smile and I just bow. "Good morning, Yuju. We don't have anything today right?"

"None, DC chief."

"Okay. I'll just check some papers Sunggyu left me and maybe try to get some sleep."

"Okay DC chief." I nod and was about to turn my back when Yuju called me again. "Wait DC chief!"

"Yes?"

She seems to panic then shook her head. "No. Nothing. Sorry for stopping you."

"Ah... that's okay. I guess. I'll get going."

She nods and this time, I face the stairs.

When it turn the knob of my office, a familiar scent greeted my nostrils.

"... now his scent is all over my office..."

I put down my things and look over the folders in my coffee table when my swivel chair suddenly turn.

"! Who the--- Myungsoo?! Oh my God! Are you trying to kill me, Love?!"

He chuckle as he move forward to hug me. "Hello, good morning to you too Love."

"What are you doing here? Where's your bodyguard?"

"Its a good day for us, love. Dad left us early with Gikwang and I only have Yoseob today. He's wandering around the school ground."

"D-does that mean, we can spend time together?"

"Yep." He pull my head to reach my lips for a gentle kiss. "I came here as soon as I can. After Dad left for Sapphire."

I held him on his waist and kissed his neck and look at him again. "Sapphire? This early? Who is he meeting there? Oh, that reminds me. Dad is also meeting someone there today."

"Oh no... they're not the one meeting each other right?"

I shook my head lightly and sat down on my swivel chair and let him sits on my lap. "Impossible, Love. What business do they have with each other? Dad says he's meetings someone there for business."

"Dad too..." Myungsoo furrow his eyebrow with curiosity in his eyes. But later on smile. "You're right. I don't think they'll meet this early."

"And besides, Dad is meeting someone there at seven. How about your Dad?"

He's back into furrowing his brow again. "That's weirder now... Dad is meeting someone at seven there too. He just left early to meet other people before going to Sapphire."

Now it's my turn to look at him weirdly. "Love, why do we care?"

"Love, you're kidding me? There's a probability that they'll meet each other!"

"So?"

"What if they talk?"

"Love, again... so?!"

"I can't believe you, Sungyeol. My dad might try to persuade your Dad to keep us away of each other!"

That stopped me from kissing his neck. Why didn't I think of that sooner? But I choose to shook my head to that. Dad and I talked last night. Man to man. He knows how I needed him for this.

"Love, I don't think so. Dad and I talked last night about us. He says that I have to realize the situation we're into now. He even asked me about my plans with you... we have my Dad on our side." I said then give his lips a peck before hugging him. "Anyway, what would you like to do today? And until when can you stay out?"

He look up to think and then smile. "Until 6pm. I'm free till 6pm. So, how about you?"

"I'll clear everything in my schedule then."
--
We walk together until we reach his classroom. I smiled at Yoseob who was yawning in front of their door.

"Young masteeeer! What took you so loong?" He whined.

"Sorry, Yoseob. I waited for Yeol to finish his morning checking. Why?"

"Nothing. Anyway, I already did what you told me... I texted Gikwang that you'll be staying late until 6pm for advance classes. Its a good thing your teacher assigned in your advance classes is bias on you so he gave you some time to slack off. Soooo... we can stay out till 6 without worrying about Gikwang and your father."

Wow. This Yoseob is one faithful bodyguard. I smiled internally to that. "Thanks for your effort, Yoseob..." I murmur.

"Oh, it's no big deal. But if I were to lose my job, I'm gonna have it from my parents for sure."

"If ever that happens, I'll take you in as one of my bodyguard. Though that will put Myungsoo into much complicated situation."

I look at Myungsoo and he's looking at me with that dark eyes of his that speaks love. "I won't let that happen to Yoseob. Anyway, this is my stop. You better go upstairs in your room now before the bell rings..."

"Okay. I'll see you later, okay? Text me if something happen."

I said then patted his head as he nods.

When I reached our classroom our teacher was just about you enter the room. "Oh, hi Mr. Lee."

"Hi, Miss."

"By the way, have you heard about the observation class today?"

I raise one brow to that. "Observation Class? Meaning we will be... observed? By some professors or higher ups?"

"Yes. This is sudden though, so even teachers like us are quite tensed."

"Are we starting now? In first period?"

"Yes. We've done nothing for preparation... I'm worried."

I pat my teacher's shoulder for good luck and smile. "We can do it. We can always answer them naturally."

I was the one to open the door of our classroom. And the first thing I noticed is the tension inside. But what quickly frozen me is....

Mr. Kim.

I know that's him.

Seated beside the other observers.

Howon looked at me as if telling me I'm seeing the real thing which I quickly nod at since I know he's the real thing. But it all, why is he here?! . I'm not ready for this.

Not to mention, he's looking at me with the same cold gaze Myungsoo have when he's mad. But I didn't turn away until our teacher asked me to sit. And since I'm at the back, I'm ed. My back is ed for all the strong gazes he's giving me. And I know that Myungsoo didn't know this too. Cause if he did, he'd tell me.

But the question is, what's his real intention to this? Is he here to warn me? By the way he looked at me, I know he knows me. But , I really don't know what to say.

"Okay class, as you can see, we are surprisingly visited by some of the top University Professors and top businessmen for an early and unannounced evaluation. They are to check your performances since it reached them how great our rankings are. Being able to keep the top ranking for a long time now, provoked their curiosity to meet all of you. And..."

Our teacher continue talking but it only pushes more pressure in me. But I won't let this eat me. So I raise my hand.

"Yes Mr. Lee?"

"Just wanna ask why second years are being observed instead of third years? Don't get me wrong..." I turn to the observers at the back, most particularly to Myungsoo's Dad, "..I see nothing wrong if we are to be observed. Just curious."

Myungsoo's Dad blinked a few times before letting down his pen and match my gaze with his own. "If you see nothing wrong with being observed, why bother asking?"

I smirked. My nerves are shaking. "I already told you my reason, Sir. I'm curious. In WSHS, mostly observed classes are the third year classes, since they are the one graduating. Not the lower years. I was just wondering, considering this is a pleasant surprise for us."

"We want nothing scripted if we are to observe, Mr. Lee... you're that Mr. Lee everyone was talking about right?"

"Yes... Mr. Kim." I said and tried to smile but he look down on his folder.

"Lee Sungyeol. Second year's best student. I wonder if you're using connection to reach this ranking or..."

"That's pure intelligence." I cut him off and gritted my teeth. "I was raised to be on top by my grandparents."

"Are you bragging?"

"No. I'm cutting you off because you're blabbering non sense about my credentials."

He raise a brow on me. Everyone inside the classroom cannot deny the tension between me and Mr. Kim. And Howon is trying to pull the hem of my uniform to make me sit, but I didn't budge.

"If you are to be removed on this ranking because of your attitude, will this mar your so-called credentials and disappoint your grandparents?"

Oh. Myungsoo and I talked about this last night. About how his father was worried about my achievements and Myungsoo might not be worthy of me.

"If I were to be removed because of the way I managed to hold out a conversation with you this way, then I take no offense and I surely doubt if my grandparents would care about this matter. They know how I handle conversations. And this is purely a question and answer without the actual discussion in our class, so... I'm free to answer you the way I want. And mind you, Mr. Kim? I'm obviously answering you depending on your question."

We smirked at each other.

"Okay! That's... enough, Mr. Lee. Please be seated and let's start the class. We've disrupt it longer now."

I sat down on my seat and look at Howon beside me who's giving me a thumbs up. I only shrug.

--

Myungsoo's POV

Recess time arrived and I approached Sungjong and Sowon freely since Gikwang is not around and they're looking worried.

"Something wrong? Come on, let's grab snack! I'm worn out with that pop-out quiz." I said as I sling my arms over their shoulder.

"Myungsoo, did you know that second year classes are being observed right now by university professors and some professionals?" Sowon asked.

"Huh? Why them? Aren't observation being done towards third years?"

"Sunggyu-hyung texted me that... and..."

Sowon gave me her phone. "What's up with this?"

"Your dad is... one of the observer."

Sowon's phone slipped through my hand and I immediately run towards Sungyeol's room. No. No. Why is Dad here?! He's not supposed to be here!

The doors of their classroom are open widely and Sungyeol looked at me. And so does Dad.

I froze.

"I'm expecting you to see me in this place, since we both know what we want with each other."

Sungyeol took the card my Dad is handling and then he walked out of the room without even talking to me. Yoseob slightly push me forward but Sungyeol held me by my waist and smile as if nothing happens.

"You're early. I thought we're supposed to meet at lunch?"

"Sungyeol, what was that? Dad handed you a card."

"Oh, this?" He showed me Dad's exclusive card. The gold one. "We're obviously seeing each other tomorrow."

"That's it? Aren't you worried at all?! Sungyeol, you are about to meet my Dad--"

"Love, why are you so nervous? Its not you he's meeting for this serious matter. If there is someone to get hit, that's me. I'll take all the hit but I won't back down this time."

We continue staring at each other and then I finally gave in and sigh deeply.

"Just... just be careful okay? Dad... he could be heartless..."

"Sure. Thanks for the encouragement. Anyway, Love. Where do you wanna go later? We're having a date right?"

"Date? Dad saw you right? That might blew off this situation we have--"

"No, love. Its the opposite. I don't know why but, your Dad kinda... enjoyed debating with me. As I did too, by the way."

"What?"

"I don't know love. Maybe because we're both businessmen... I kinda got that feeling that we reached a agreement. And mind you, he's the one who asked me to meet him tomorrow. Which surprises me of all people."

"I'm the most surprised though.."

"So?"

"So what?"

"So, about the date we have later. Where do you wanna go?"

I tap my lips and think for awhile then check his wrist and ring finger. "Where's your bracelet?"

He lift his wrist. "In a case. In my bag. I was about to take it back, but then things happened last night so I decided to reschedule."

"Then, let's do that! Let's go there together. I'll join you."

"Is that okay? I'll wait for them to fix this though, is that okay?"

"Yeah. Lets just stroll while it's being made. Is that okay?"

"Of course."

I smile as he run his fingers over my hair. Then I remembered we're inside their classroom. So I asked him to follow me in our school canteen to grab our snack.

"By the way, I haven't seen Woohyun-hyung anywhere ever since we got home from the bar."

He clicked his tongue. "Well, him and Gyu fought. Seriously, that he chose to fly back to Canada for a week to cool off his head."

"Will they be okay?"

"We can only hope."
--
When the classes ended, Sungyeol is already waiting outside our classroom which earned a teasing moment from Sowon and Sungjong who are both cleaners that day. We just laugh it out.

"Do you like chocolates, Myung?"

"Hmm? Not really... Oh wait. I do. When it's dark."

"Oh really? That's good then."

"Why are you asking?"

"I just wanted to try doing some cupcakes... for a change. I want to try for you."

I blushed to that as I watched Sungyeol picking some cooking books from the shelves here in the bookstore. Before going to the jewelry shop, we decided to make some detour since a new book is out and I'm anticipating for it.

"Will you dare go try it even though I'm not experienced in cooking?"

I nod. "Of course I will. Why the hell not?" I smiled tenderly to him as I took the book from his hands. "Instead of expecting too much for your first time in cooking, I'd rather expect more from your improvements if you were to fail in your first try."

"Really?"

I nod again for complete assurance. "I will never get tired of tasting all your cooking attempts, Yeol. I promised you... for the second time."

He turn to be abruptly. "Second time?"

"Well, in the past, I promised you that I'll teach you. I see your memories aren't back fully yet huh?"

"I guess? Sorry. Its still blurry in many ways for me. Though I'm trying."

"Well, we do have lots of memories though for a short time. So,  take your time remembering it all."

Sungyeol smiled at me. He then took me to the jewelry shop where he bought the bracelets.

Two employees gather to assist him as he asked for questions regarding the bracelet. "The locks are loose. So... it kinda scattered all over the floor suddenly."

"I see."

Sungyeol and the employees talk while I look around when a certain anklet appealed to me. Its an infinity anklet. I mean, there's "8" all over, completing the whole anklet. The middle infinity sign has diamond on it's center. I don't know if it's diamond, it's color red. So, garnet? But it's really pretty. I run my fingers through the glass.

"You like that too?"

I turn only to see...

"WOOHYUN-HYUNG?! W-Wh-what are  you.. I mean... I thought you're in..."

"Canada? Well, I'm here now. Are you here with Yeol?"

"Y-yes. Does Gyu-hyung knows you're here now?"

"No. I don't see a reason why he needs to know. And by the way, this is my little sister... she's Woori. Nam Woori, this hyung's name is... I mean, oppa's name is, Kim Myungsoo."

"H-hello there Woori." I turn to Woohyun again. "Are you back for good? When--"

"Just now. See?" He pointed outside and I saw a black BMW outside. "We just got off from the airport."

"Woohyun?!"

We both turn our heads to Sungyeol who was holding a.. brochure. "The ?! Why are you.. I mean when did you..."

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "I just got here."

"Yeol-oppa!"

Woori run towards Sungyeol and he held the girl on his arms. "Woori! How are you?! You're grown up!"

"I am?"

"Yep! How are you?"

"I'm fine! You?"

"I'm great. Wanna hang out with us some more?"

"Sure oppa! I missed you!"

I smiled as I see how Sungyeol manage kids. Then I felt Woohyun's arms over my shoulder. "Woori's first love is Yeol..."

"Really?"

"Yep. Anyway, is it really okay if we hang out with you two? You two looks like, you just got together after a long time."

"We did. But it's okay. I don't mind at all. Shall we call the others too?"

"No. Don't call... I mean sure. Call Dongwoo, Sungjong and Howon. Just don't call Gyu."

My brows formed to knots. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm not yet ready to see Gyu."

"Okay. Then, I'll call them."

I grab my phone from my pocket when Sungyeol suddenly held my hand. "What?"

"Nothing. Just wanna hold you. You might get lost."

"The hell, Yeol? I'm right behind you and Woohyun is here."

"The more reason I need to hold your hand."

Woohyun hit Yeol's back a little lighter. So I was holding Yeol's hand while his other hand is holding Woori's. I'm trying to call Dongwoo-hyung and he answered immediately.

"Myungie?! What's wrong?"

"Hyung! Where are you guys?"

"You mean us all? We are about to go out of a milk tea shop near the bookstore.. why?"

I turn around to see the establishment on my right and that made Sungyeol and Woohyun stopped.

"You're here? We are here--"

The door flew open showing Dongwoo-hyung followed by Howon who was holding a paper bag, then Sungjong and Sowon, then Gyu with his wallet.

"You just drained my weekly allowance--- Woo?!"

"WOOHYUNIEEEE!"

Dongwoo run towards Woohyun and hugged the younger. I look to Sungyeol who was now eyeing Gyu's shocked face. Woohyun didn't broke his eye contact with Gyu-hyung.

"Hi guys..." Woohyun says. "...I'm with Woori."

"Hi Oppa's!"

They all greeted Woori. Woohyun introduces Woori to Sowon and Sungjong.

"Gyu-oppa! Hello!"

"Hi Woor--"

"Woori, I think we better go home after all. Mom and Dad knows we're going home now. They'll get worried if we don't drop by in the hospital now. They're expecting us."

"But, hyuuuung...."

"Let's just go, Woori. Okay? Lets just hang out with them again tomorrow. Right guys?"

Sungyeol's grip tightens. "Are you sure, Woo? You just got here. Might as well spend some more time with us..."

"He's right, Woohyun. You should atleast stay longer." I added.

But Woohyun shook his head for disapproval. "I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow, I swear. Jet lag is killing me, so I really have to go home to rest."

"But you're not the type to have jetlags, Woohyuniiiie~" Dongwoo whined as be hugged Woohyun again.

"Bu--"

"Its okay. I'll leave."

All our attention are diverted to Sunggyu-hyung now. "I'll leave. After all, I'm busy with the upcoming exams. So, I'll get going."

"Gyu-oppa is leaving?" Woori held Gyu's hand. "Don't leave oppa..."

"Woori... Gyu-oppa needs to go. I'll catch with you some other day, if your hyung let's me... is that okay?"

"Promise to take me to some ice cream shops?"

"Yes. I promised. So can I leave now?"

"O-okay..."

"Good girl."

Sunggyu look around us. "I'm obviously unwelcome, so I'll get going. I'll see you guys at school. And Yeol, good luck meeting Myungsoo's Dad."

"Thanks, Hyung."

"Sure. Bye then."

Sunggyu left us there without looking back.

"Woohyun, I know you're mad at Gyu, but you don't have to shove it on his face so bluntly."

Howon said as he hit Woohyun's arm.

"Love, are you okay?"

"Huh?" Sungyeol's eyes are worried so I immediately broke a smile. "I'm fine, Love. Just worried with them."

He smiled. "You don't have to be worried about them. They'll be fine. Woohyun is just being... an . Lets go. Want to watch some movies with them?"

"Sure. We still have..." I look on my wrist watch. "Two hours and forty minutes."

"Okay. Lets go."
--
Sungyeol see me off with Yoseob in the school parking lot, where my bodyguard passes out to sleep. I woke him up and he step out of the car.

"Young master, I thought you wouldn't be coming back... anyway, Gikwang says your Dad and him are at Sapphire now."

"Yoseob, did you know who he'll be meeting there?"

"No idea, young master. Anyway, shall we go?"

"Yes..." I turn around to see Yeol and Woohyun talking about the circumstances about us. His bracelet are now made and that made me happy too. He look at me. "I'll get going, Love."

He smiled. "Yes. Sure. Call me once you get back safely okay?" I nod and he kissed me fully on the lips. Then later on, hugged me tightly. "I need this hug Love... I may not be able to hug you tomorrow..."

I hug him back and put my head over his shoulder. "Tell me everything once you had a talk with Dad, okay?"

"Yes. I will..."

"Promise?"

"I promise..." he kissed my forehead. "I love you, okay? No matter what happens tomorrow, I will never give you up. Just trust me, and don't leave me. Okay?"

I look at him cautiously. Why do I feel like he's saying goodbye? It must've been my imagination since I'm nervous for tomorrow. Yeah, that must be it.

"Yes. I won't. I love you too. And yes, I do trust you, Yeol."

He broke a smile and hug me again for the last time that day. Sungyeol is so warm to handle in this cold season. I just wish that everything would be fine before we spend our first Christmas together.

I step inside the car and he bid me goodbye. I miss him already, as his image grew smaller the farther we become from where we left him.

Tears begun flowing from my eyes as I tried to grab my phone, shakily and dial his number.

But he didn't answer. Instead, I found out that his phone has been turned off.

"Young master, Sir Sungyeol asked me to keep on driving once we left them there and don't turn over, no matter what.... is something bad about to happen?"

I knew it...

He'll leave me.

"Young master, you're scaring me... you're my boss, you can order me to pull over and get your back there anytime... what should I do?"

"Keep on driving, Yoseob..."

"But--"

"I'll be fine."

Even though I didn't see this coming, I kinda had the feeling earlier when he keeps on holding my hand tightly as if I'll always get lost. He always kisses the back of it too inside the movie theater.

And how many times have he whispered I love you to me?

So is that really goodbye? Will he give me up even though he told me he will never do that?
--
Third Person's POV

Later on that day, Sungyeol arrived at Sapphire late. To join his father and Myungsoo's dad conversation.

"Is my son back in our unit now?" Mr. Kim asked him as soon as he sits down.

Sungyeol just nod. "What is going on here? I made him believe we're meeting tomorrow. And, Dad. Why are you here? Is he the business you are meeting here?" the younger asked the two who looked tense as soon as he arrived.

Mr. Lee sips on his tea, while Mr. Kim watches him as if he's trying to be careful with something.

"You know what, if you are about to drop something that might surprise me, you better do it now. I'm tired, and it's a school day..."

"I was given up by someone like you before."

Sungyeol lift his head only to meet Mr. Kim's teary eyes. "W-what?"

"That's right. I was given up by someone like you before. So don't blame me if I were to be against of your relationship with my Son... you are so worth it, Lee Sungyeol. But I can't bear the same thing happening to my son... because I know that you're a Lee, and you'll eventually throw him away once your responsibilities widens. I just can't make myself be at ease--"

"The one who given you up just because he's tamed between responsibilities and his family image and me are two different people, Mr. Kim... me and my Dad are two different people."

The two froze on their seats. And right in that moment I know I hit home. I knew it. I ing knew it. It all come to me now. My Dad's puzzle are easily placed by their own and back to their places.

"How--- how did you..."

"I'm a Lee. I'll know it once I feel something from it, I cannot be fooled, Dad. Mr. Kim."

I sigh as I look at them. "I need you to promise me something, Mr. Kim. Dad."

"What is it?" they asked in unison.

--

Author's note: Please read whatever comes after this. Its gonna be shaky.