2: OTHER HALF?

OTHER HALF

I arrived at school earlier compared to my usual arrival since I've been warned yesterday by the SC President regarding my responsibilities. Thankfully, Howon is already there in front of the DC Office waiting for me since I texted him.

"Woohyun arrived before us with Sunggyu-hyung."

He gave me the "DC Chief" nameplate. I put it in my left arm with a safety pin.

"Different feeling when I have this in my arm. Anyway, let's go Howon."

He just nod. We made our way to the gate and just stood there. This is the boring part of being a DC Officer. You do nothing but check the student if they're being tidy.

After fifteen minutes of standing there, someone called Howon from the fourth floor in courtesy of Jang Dongwoo. The friend who called me last night. He's in the same class of Sunggyu-hyung and the VP of SC. He's too friendly for my taste but still an awesome friend.

We both gave him a wave to say hello. If there is something about these two, that I don't know for sure. Howon is consider as a trouble child in his home so he always run to Dongwoo-hyung for company. I can always be there for him, but he only asked for my help if he can't do it anymore.

"Goodmorning Dongwoo-hyung!" I heard Howon says. While I just bowed.

"How are you two doing there? Great?"

"I'm okay. I don't know for Yeol." He gave me a look.

"I'm fine. Just bored."

We heard his cheeky laugh. "Better to leave you guys then. Sunggyu is calling for me at the SC office. Catch you later at lunch! And oh! Yeol, don't forget my appointment with you at lunch."

Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that. "Thanks for reminding me Hyung. But can we discuss things at the cafeteria? I don't mind."

Howon and Dongwoo-hyung looked at me as if I'm the biggest joke ever. I can't blame them though. I always brought lunch with me to avoid going to the cafeteria. They know how I hate crowds.

"Are you seriously saying that, Yeol?"

I hit Howon on his right arm. "I said it right? So hyung, what do you say?"

He smiled and gave me an okay sign.

After he left, we both focuses on the school gates where the students came rushing. Its almost time for the first bell indicating the 10 minutes before the official start of the class so they're almost running. I yawn. After scolding some students yesterday and giving some warning, it's been a huge news in school that I'm doing my responsibilities as the DC Chief, so it's not surprising that everyone is wearing their proper uniform.

The first bell rang and I'm getting ready to give orders to the guards to close the gates when someone walks pass by me.

I recognized the smell.

Its sweet and enticing.

I stop on my tracks and look back to where that scent might be coming from.

And there I saw him.

The guy I bumped with yesterday.

He's rushing and almost pulling the guy he was with. He's as if, trying to run away from someone because he's hiding his face. His friend on the other hand, looked back at me.

His friends hit him in a teasing manner as he turn to him again. Then he looks at me again and smiled at me. The guy who bumped on me is pulling his friend to move faster but his friend is being a girl and wave at me.

"Hi Mr. DC CHIEF! You look good in morning!"

Everyone stopped on their tracks but not them. They run as fast as they could when that guy who was with the guy who bumped on me pulled him inside the building.

I was left dumbfounded.

Everyone continue walking and I feel Howon's hand over my shoulder.

"Those confessions surely caught you off guard huh? The second bell rang just now. You better close the gate now, Yeol."

I flinched and look at him. "Uh, yes. I was about to do that."

I walk towards the guards and asked them to minimize the opening of the gate.
--
"I can't believe you just said that, Lee Sungjong! Oh my God! He looks so surprised!"

My friend continue laughing his out as he wiped his tears and look at me breathless. "Oh my God! He's a hottie, Myung! And not to mention, he looks so cool! But can't you see? He looked back at you even before I call him! He must've recognize your scent. You once told me that he likes your scent right? Even though you're not wearing one."

I covered my face with my palm and then look at him between my fingers. "You think so?"

He rolled his eyes on me. "I know so! Your pheromones is working overtime on him, Myungsoo. He must've recognized it."

If what Sungjong said is true, then he really must be able to recognized me even after of what had happened.

I can't wait to see him. My phone vibrated from my pocket.

I received a message from my cousin.

"I hope it's okay with you to meet with Yeol at lunch. He says he wanted to talk in the cafeteria while having lunch."

My eyes grew wide and Sungjong hit me on my shoulder painfully. "We are soooo sitting with your guy later! Oh my God!"
--
The first thing I recognized inside the cafeteria is the people looking at me.

I sigh.

Woohyun and Howon beside me is being their usual self. Woohyun greeting some girls and Howon eating something.

We found the table meant for us. Since the President and VP are both sitting there already.

"I never would've thought that you'll be sitting with us again, Yeol." Dongwoo-hyung says and I just shrugged.

Woohyun went straight to where Sunggyu is same goes for Howon who sits on the left side of Dongwoo while I'm on the left.

"Where are the people you want me to do business with? I don't have much time." I left my seat and approach some guy sitting on the table and gave him a red card. "Sitting on a table while eating, I see. Let me see your face later in my office."

He went pale after that and went down from the table quickly. Even me eating here at the cafeteria surprises them.

I went back to where I am. "Where was I again? Oh yeah. Where's the people doing business with me, hyung?" I asked Dongwoo-hyung again.

"They're here."

Some girls squealed as someone opened the door of the cafeteria.

Its the guy who bumped on me. And his friend earlier at the entrance.

They went straight to where we are.

There goes his scent again. The scent whom I felt familiar with.

Why do I feel like, I'm cherished and loved with that scent? It's seriously killing me.

I sat down beside Dongwoo-hyung while the two new comers sits across my us beside Woohyun and Sunggyu-hyung.

"This is my cousin Kim Myungsoo..."

The moment Dongwoo mentioned his name, our gazes locked. I didn't even heard the others name. I continue watching him as he did to me. Those eyes are like... asking me to come home.

Like asking me to come near him. Asking to be loved. To be remembered.

Wait. Why am I having these thoughts? I'm not supposed to think this way.

I cleared my throat and look away.

"They are the one who wanted a unit in Topaz?"

Hyung nods. Woohyun eyed the kid suspiciously.

"A unit in Topaz? You must be rich, kid."

He played with his hands on the table.

"I'm not that--"

"Oh. No offense meant. I'm just surprised that you wanted to have a unit in Topaz. That is the most expensive building out of all the GSSC owned by Yeol's family. Right Yeol?"

I nod and sipped on my drink. He didn't look away from his palm.

"Will you be staying there with this friend of yours? Oh, I don't think I heard your name. What's your name again?" I asked. He smiled to me.

"I know you don't. I'm Lee Sungjong. I'm this guys' friend. We're both in first year class 1."

"Oh. So, will you be occupying the unit with him?" I asked Kim Myungsoo.

This time he turn to me and I was caught off guard because of the way he looks at me.

Its sending daggers in my soul and it's making my poker face impossible.

"I... yes. He's with me. Um, yeah. So... will we be talking to you or the one who owned the GSSC?"

"I run the management of GSSC so it would be me you'll be communicating with. I hope you don't mind--"

"Oh no! I- I don't mind at all! I'm fine with that!"

I chuckle. "GSSC is mine. I run it. Its one of the many businesses my family is running and it's mine. So, I can personally be your guide since you're a schoolmate of mine. I can show you the room available."

"Is it beside your room?"

We all turn our heads to his friend Sungjong and he hit him on the forehead. I smiled again.

"The room I have there is royal deluxe. VIP Room, for more simple terms. And it's expensive. Only the members of the family can occupy the whole floor. But the room next to mine is still vacant and ready for occupancy but... it's expensive. Are you still--"

"I'll take it! Reserved it! I'll take it!"

I was speechless by that. His friend claps his hands happily as if he's proud of his friend. He's panting while looking at me.

"Are you.. sure?"

"Yes! I'm 100% sure!"

I swallowed hard. But then I smiled. I'm feeling relieved somehow and I don't know why. I just brushed off the feeling.

"Okay then. If you're sure, I'll just get your number so we could communicate to discuss the payment."

I took my phone out of my pocket.

But it surprises me when the number he gave me matches someone from my phonebook.

I look at him then back to my phone the  do it again.

"Is there something wrong, Yeol?" I heard Woohyun asked.

I gulped. "N-nothing. Its just that... Kim Myungsoo's number...."

"What about my number?" He asked me with a nervous look.

"It matches someone from my phone book."

"What?" they all asked in unison.

"Who matches him?" Sunggyu-hyung asked.

"I don't know... but... it says, 'Other Half' with a heart."

We all changes glances. Me and Woohyun. Myugsoo became uneasy and can't look at me.

"Maybe it's... Oh hell. I can't reason that out. You think Gyu!"

"What should I think about other than Myungsoo may be his lover before the accident?"

I gasp and looked at Myungsoo who panics in his seat. He look at Sungjong who was looking at him with wide eyes as if he's liking what he's hearing.

I calm myself down before murmuring... "No. I don't think so, hyung. That's impossible."

"What do they mean about your "lover before the accident'?" Sungjong asked.

"Oh that. Well. I met an accident. Making me lose some part of my memory from when I came back from England. And in England, I believe I had a lover before returning to Korea. I'm... lost in the moment that I may really had a lover left in England."

"And if you do?"

I look at Sungjong. The others are also waiting for me to answer.

"I'll ask him to complete me? Because right now, I feel totally wrecked and incomplete."

Myungsoo suddenly stands. Letting his chair fall down the floor. He gather his things and left the cafeteria. He was even close on slipping because he's walking faster.

Sungjong excuses himself as he follows his friend. Leaving us all confused.

"Just to enlighten you a little, Yeol. When you came back from England, you told us that you have a lover and you wanted us to meet him this year. Because your lover is planning on migrating from England to Korea and you also says, that your lover is a Korean. You wanted us to meet him then, but then the accident happens. Making you forget about that lover of yours. Your parets assumed that we won't tell you anything not unless you yourself had some trigger to remember. Pushing you to remember in one go will be dangerous. So we kept quiet all this time. Myungsoo's appearance is kinda... unexpected."

I look up to Howon who gave me his phone to make me see our conversation from last year before the accident.

"No wonder that kid looks awfully familiar. I've seen him before."

This time, Woohyun took his phone out. And I almost drop his phone when he showed me a picture of me... and that's definitely Myungsoo... and we're standing close to each other with our forehead touching. We're both smiling and our eyes are closed.

This. Is definitely me and Myungsoo.

"That's Myungsoo right?" Woohyun asked for confirmation and I just nod.

Sunggyu find that the right time to say, "Kim Myungsoo is originally from England. Specifically, in London. And that's taken in front of Big Ben, Yeol."

I breathlessly murmur a "What?" that they heard off.

My head started to hurt and my breath started to shorten.

Images of a couple walking around in some sort of a park...

Sounds of laughter in my head...

"Sungyeol!" is Sunggyu's last word that I heard before fainting.

--

AUTHORS NOTE: OMG! ITS REALLY GIVING ME A HARD TIME TRANSFERRING IT ALL FROM WATTPAD TO HERE. 3 Chapter 3 is coming shortly~