4: Remember

OTHER HALF

Author's note: If you happen to see this update, that means I succeeded on trying to update through phone. I'm at the hospital right now, and I'm having a dilemma on how I'll update while I'm here without my beloved laptop with me. I'll be here till Wednesday night, but I'll try to keep with my words. For now, this update is unexpected. That means, I'll only release two more chapters tomorrow. (IF SUCCEEDED TO RELEASE THIS CHAPTER.) :)

Due to the insistent public demands, I put who's POV will you be reading to avoid confusion. HAHA sorry. I'm not used to putting POV before, but since you guys are confuse, I'll keep it there. *winks*
--
Sungyeol's POV

 

Its been two days since I came here in the hospital. Myungsoo is yet to come visit me again. The idea is painful, I don't even want to think about it.

I don't know how to think now. Now that I know that Myungsoo is my lover from England, it became hard for me to function. I know it's him, the feeling is there. But why can't I remember him completely? What's stopping my head to remember?

I'm in that thoughts when someone knocked on my door.

"Hi. How are you?"

"I feel good. When can I get out?"

Woohyun's brother smiled at me and check my vitals. "You're good to go. I already informed your parents about it. Your mom will be the one picking you up. Your bills are settled since yesterday."

I celebrate internally and he goes out. All I have to do now is wait for Mom to pick me up. I'm sure she'll take me home in our mansion, but I'll ask her to drop me off in my unit. I dressed myself casually with just jeans and shirt after bathing.

Oxygen in my nose are normal since my breathings shorten when I'm having flashbacks. That's one of the side effects of the accident.

As I sat down on my couch in my hospital room, I grab my phone to check my social media accounts. And when I see nothing in particular that grabs my attention, I put it down and open the TV.

I was tuning for channels, when the door opened.

Revealing four annoying faces.

"Why are you guys here? How about classes?"

"We are excused. Your mom asked us to pick you up since your little brother Daeyeol is sick. He couldn't leave him." Woohyun answers.

Daeyeol is sick? That's gotta be hell. Daeyeol when sick means war. He won't eat. He won't drink medicine. He's stubborn. I'm glad I won't be taken by Mom since I'll surely be transported back to the house where my sick brother is. He's so clingy when sick.

I grab my things and walked out of the room with my friends following me.

"Can we go to your place? Classes is over for us."

"You know I'm not accepting guests in my unit."

"But, we're not guests. We are your friends."

"I tell you what... help me get to my unit and I'll treat you guys. Anywhere you want. Just not in my unit."

I heard a collective whines but then  I earned their yes. We rode to Sunggyu-hyung's car. He's not yet driving though. His personal driver drove us back to my unit.

The staff greeted us as soon as we enter the lobby. We rode the VIP elevator that will go straight to the 45th floor of Topaz, where my unit is.

My friends are still in dilemma on where we will go after I take my things down behind me.

"I want to go clubbing!"

"Remember the last time we went clubbing? You--"

"Okay fine. Dinner!"

I giggle to that as I heard Woohyun and Sunggyu arguing.

We reached the 45th floor. One turn and I stopped.

A bear was in front of my doorstep. And the bear is familiar.

It's black all over. Only the tummy has a white color. Even the ribbon is black. The ears are white. It was holding a big heart pillow and I think it's attached on it. The pillow says, "Myuffy".

Once again, I felt the same feeling I had back in the cafeteria. Where everything is turning. Trying to fill in the right spaces, but fails. As if someone is provoking my thoughts.

"Someone is moving in? I thought you'll be giving the unit next to yours to Myungsoo?"

We continue on our tracks while I'm fixated to the bear. Even the bear is giving me shivers.

"Yeol, are you listening?"

I snapped back to reality when Dongwoo-hyung click his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Sorry. I was... spacing out. What was that again?"

They eyed me suspiciously and I just shrug as I tap my code to open the door.

"I said. Aren't you supposed to give that unit to Myungsoo? He asked you to reserve it right?"

Before I even counter Dongwoo-hyung's question, the door next to mine open up...

Revealing Sungjong.

He noticed us as soon as he opened the door. There's a clip to support his bangs and he looks so.. haggard.

"Oh, hello hyungs! I see you guys are back from the hospital. How are you feeling, Mr. DC Chief?"

"I'm fine. Thanks. What are you doing there?"

"Oh. We--"

"Sungjong! I said, put Myuffy in--"

Myungsoo stop talking as he saw me standing beside Woohyun and Dongwoo.

"Y-you're back! W-welcome home..."

"Thanks." I almost whisper that out.

"Are you settling in, Myungsoo?" Sunggyu-hyung asked.

He nods.

"Oh, then let us help you then! After all, we have nothing to do since we're excused for school."

"Y-you don't h-have to--"

"Ya! Kim Myungsoo! If you think we can finish this, with all your books?! You're kidding me. Let them help! We've been here the whole day, and finishes nothing!"

I almost laugh when his face looks like trouble. I smile though. The door was left open so we didn't notice a cat from his unit.

I notice the cat when it begun it's sweetness on my ankles. It meowed and caught our whole attention.

We turn to the cat who's now in between my feet.

"Oh, what do we have here? Hello." I run my hand on it's silky fur. It meowed happily, to my amusement. I touch it's collar and notice the name on it. "So your name is B... Byeol."

I carry the cat and then Sungjong was looking at me as if he's surprised to see that scene in front of him.

"Oh. My. God! Myungsoo!"

"What? We are looking at the same thing. You don't have to act like a fangirl! And stop pulling my shirt."

"Um.. is something the matter?" Both Woohyun and Sunggyu asked.

"Well, that's Myungsoo's cat, Byeol..."

"I think we heard that." this time, it's Howon.

"Myungsoo and Yeol bought Byeol in England! Aw, Byeol! Your Daddy doesn't recognize you. Too bad..."

"Sungjong!"

I smiled. So this is Byeol. "Um, before anything else, can I bring my own pet in your unit? Since we will help you settle. I need to feed--"

"Aga?"
--

Myungsoo's POV

 

I almost asked God to let me die that time. I just blurted out the name of his dog. We bought it in England too, along with Byeol.

"Is Aga... our baby too?"

I heard his friends and Sungjong laughs. Okay, this is the right time to ask that.

"Um, well.. we bought them together. So they're... siblings."

Sungyeol smiled and open the door in his unit. He then  closed it though, so I thought he got mad with the idea. But after some seconds, he went out again with a leash on his hand, and Aga following him close behind and Byeol in his hand.

"So they met again after a year. I wish they're happy now."

I almost choke on my own tears that I'm trying so hard to stop, seeing them as they get closer to me. I almost didn't want to think that time, but then Sunggyu-hyung pats my shoulder.

"Before you got teary eyed, can we go inside your unit now? Because Sungyeol will never let us in his."

"Uh, yes. Sure. Come in."

I lead them in my living room, where boxes are scattered all over. The room meant for me is like an open book. I let Myuffy down in my sofa.

"So this is what a unit in Topaz looks like. Its huge!" Woohyun exclaimed as he look around. "I wonder if this is the same room, Yeol has."

Sungyeol shook his head. "It isn't. My room is doubled."

"I kinda find that out. Your Mom told me since I'm looking at the spaces."

"Does my Mom knows you're settling in today?"

"Yeah. She asked me if I could take you home, but I refuse since I need to fix my place. I'm sorry for not visiting by the way, I was busy fixing the papers for this. Not to mention, school."

He just nod. Byeol and Aga are now playing with each other. Its cute seeing them. A cat and a dog together isn't something you see everyday.

"Tell us what to do then. Let us help you."

I get closer to some boxes and open it. They all slumped on the floor to help me open the boxes. Woohyun open the box filled with kitchen things and decided to bring it to the kitchen to place things in order. Dongwoo open up another box that filled with books so I kinda have to help him find the library for him to place the books there since I already have a shelf brought to me by my Dad knowing that I'll be needing one for my move. Sunggyu open the box of utensils so he followed Woohyun to the kitchen. Hoya followed Dongwoo to help.

Sungjong and Sungyeol are sitting facing each other with a box between them. And when they open it, I almost got myself hurt for the cutter because Sungjong is blabbering about something I'm very familiar with.

"These are photo albums! Oh my God! Do you want to open one album, hyung?"

Sungyeol continues to examine the box and a certain photo album caught his eyes.

The photo album is color black. The writings are white. Even the pages are black. He reached for it and open the photo album.

I jumped on my spot when I see how his hands started to tremble. He's looking in one particular photo. That must be the picture that will greet you once you open that photo book.

That's our photo book. He... gave that to me when he was about to leave and go back here.

Of course that'll sent trigger.

He flips the pages and I can see from where I was standing that his breathings, though still relaxed, is kinda off. But he still flips the pages.

"Those are... some of the things that probably went missing in your memory after the accident. But before anything else, are you okay? I don't need to bring you back to the hospital again. Right?"

As I get closer, it became clearer to me how his eyes glistened with tears. Though it's not yet leaving his eyes. Sungjong stood up and look at me to tell me he's leaving us and went straight to the kitchen. I sat beside Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol, you're scaring me. Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine... just feeling a little... curious and... lost."

"You can ask me anything you want to know. But I was told not to give it all in one go... because we don't know how you'll handle it."

"I.. I don't know. I'm feeling good with you around, but I can't bring myself to you."

"You're not doubting me right? Because I swear those pictures are real and not photoshopped."

He broke a slight smile. "I believe my intuition, and I know you by heart. Your scent is overpowering for me to handle. Maybe I could even tell where you are with that scent."

I giggle to that. The idea of him beside me again after a year is too much for me too. Considering the fact that he doesn't even remember me. And the memories we had. But he's not backing away from me, so that's enough for now. His heart remembers, and that's the only thing I could probably hold on to with our situation.

I watch him closely as he roam his eyes around the photo album. Almost everything about us are in it. His eyes are curious but he never really ask me. Until the photo of me and my friend from England fell from the pages.

He pick it up and look at it intently, and I know he's curious on who might that be with me.

I almost smile when his eyes shadows an obvious glint of jealousy. Oh, how I love that eyes of him that just don't lie.

"Myungsoo, am I the jealous type?"

I knew it. "Why did you ask?"

"Just answer me."

"Well, yeah. Kinda."

"How jealous could I be?"

"Depending on the situation."

"I see."

"Why?"

"Who's this with you?"

"A friend. We took a picture before i--"

"And why is it placed between the pages of our photo album?"

I smiled to myself internally. If I didn't know that he has amnesia in some way, I would definitely think that we're back to normal. "I just placed it there to--"

"Keep it away from me. I don't want to see any of it."

He push the picture forward to me and went back to examine the photo album as I watch him with amusement.

My Sungyeol.

And I just smiled.

I'm waiting for him to ask me something, but that didn't came so I just let myself busy with some things.

I was fixing my bed inside my room, when he followed me. Still clutching the photo album.

"Can I ask you something?"

I tilt my head. "Okay. What is it?"

He sigh and lean on the wall. "Can you..."

"Can I what?"

"Help me remember. I want to remember."
--