11: Part of him...

OTHER HALF

.Author's Note: I apologize in advance for the wrong grammar's and typo's. <3

 

Sungyeol's POV

That day was super busy! Me and Sunggyu have been inside our offices since 6am and now I'm really feeling nauseous. Not because I'm having those side effects from the accident, but because of the plans for the incoming Entrepreneurship Day.

 

It's a day where we welcome students from other schools, not just student but different individuals as well. Since we have side classes like cooking and baking. Some of our students, being renowned in fashion, are also selling some of their works.

 

There's a lot to see on that day and its gotta be a happy day since it's the only time of the year where our school will be open for public.

 

"Sungyeol, the distribution of rooms are being done by the SC. Sunggyu asked if we could be assigned for the rechecking of Booth proposals." Yuju asked me while placing some more papers over my table. I removed my glasses and sigh.

 

I haven't seen Myungsoo since morning since I have to leave early. And he's not yet planning on moving in with me. Even though I asked him to. I sigh again before turning to Yuju.

 

"Say okay and tell them to deliver the proposals here. How are the other activities going? The theater club are planning for a performance right? How was that?"

 

"Yes, the president of their club, Kim Min Seok is asking for an appointment with you since he already talked with Sunggyu. They're also asking for your approval and they wanted the meeting to be private between their officers and you."

 

"Why? Are they having a rated play?"

 

"No I don't think so, Chief. I think they just wanted some opinion."

 

"Okay. Tell them to be here before lunch."

 

Yuju went out of my office and I lean to my seat. There's a long day ahead of me and I'm not liking it in one bit. I'm meeting someone any moment now to confirm something.

 

I didn't mentioned anything about me having flashes that day to Myungsoo. I don't have the time to confirm it from him, and I don't want to confirm it from him. I need someone who could answer me without being cautious about my condition. I need someone to tell me the truth. Or maybe, just a part of the truth behind this all. Because ever since he asked me to promise him something, I already know that whatever that is concerning our past will affect what we have now. So i have to be ready. I don't want to lose him again. Not to mention Sowon. Jung Sowon is giving me the vibes and i don't like it one bit. There's something about her that alarm my possessiveness towards Myungsoo. As if she once took him away from me.

 

I closed my eyes, maybe to take a nap for a short while.

 

When someone came in.

 

I didn't open my eyes since they really need a break after all the readings I made.

 

"You forgot anything Yuju?"

 

Yuju didn't answer back so I assumed that she'll just put anything in my table.

 

When I feel a feathery kisses being done to me.

 

I'm being touched all over my arms and I love the feeling. And I let whoever it is touching me because of the scent.

 

"I brought your lunch. You left early so I just drop by for this..."

 

I open my eyes this time and was greeted by Myungsoo's smiling face. Oh, how I miss that smile.

 

That's the same smiling face fading away in my flashes that i had though.

 

I pulled him to sit on my lap, and he obliged.

 

"I told you to move in with me, yet you brush my proposal off."

 

I placed my head on his neck and kissed him there.

 

"That's because I'm getting my things ready for the move today."

 

I stopped giving him a hickey, though there's already a obvious red mark there. "You're moving in today?"

 

He nods. He sits on my table to look at me with those seductive eyes. "I am. I already asked Sowon to check out on her hotel room and move in with Sungjong. Speaking of Sowon, thanks for placing her in our class."

 

I pull him again and made him sit on my lap. "No problem. Her exam results are saying to put her there with you guys. How is she by the way?"

 

"She's doing great. She already made friends."

 

I nod. "That's good. Anyway, why did you bring my lunch here? I mean, how did you know?"

 

"That you won't be joining us today? Because I heard from Howon. He's being his busy self too. Checking the rooms and all. If he's that busy, then you are too."

 

I hug him close and I feel home again. I only need Myungsoo on these busy days, and probably need him everyday. I just can't get enough of him.

 

I suddenly had the urge to ask... "Myungsoo, you're mine... Right?"

 

Myungsoo pull away from me and I stare back at him. then he smiles. "Of course i am."

 

I forced smile even though I wanted to ask him if he really is mine. Or if he's sure.

 

And there's something bothering me.

 

 

About that something he's been asking me to be understanding with once I remembered. I wonder if it's that worrisome. But to me, I don't think I'll take it to heart. Whatever happens in the past won't affect me. As long as he's here with me. As long as he stays, I won't take it to heart.

 

 

"Myungsoo..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Can I make you promise me something?"

 

I tighten my hug when he was about to pull out from me.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Whatever that thing about our past that causes us to drift apart..."

 

I feel him stiffen beneath my touch and I held him tighter.

 

"I won't let it between us this time... I won't... let you go. I promise not to let it affect in what's between us now. So you have to promise me that you won't leave me. You will never leave me. Okay?"

 

I let him pull away from me this time and met his gaze. He's teary eyed and is now looking so happy. I don't know if what I just said made him happy that much, but I know it did. But that something bothering me, is making me feel uneasy.

 

"Why aren't you telling me about it for me to remember anyway? You can always tell me. In that way, I can remember earlier."

 

He shook his head. "Your psychiatrist advised us not to. You... have to remember them all by yourself Yeol..."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because it's you who's doing all the remembering... I mean, your unconscious self. Your psychiatrist says that you only remember those memories that's making you happy... I don't know... maybe your defense mechanism is working with your unconsciousness? Maybe it's pure instinct..."

 

"Have I been hurt by you in the past for me to avoid remembering that part of our memory?"

 

He avert his eyes and became uneasy. And I know I hit home.

 

When Howon came in. He immediately moved from my lap as Howon gave us his gaze.

 

"Yuju was about to come in, you know? Thank me later. Anyway, the Booth proposal are here. Sunggyu says that, he needs the result from you before the class ends. The meeting with the Principal and Guidance Councilor will be later after class too, so we have to present them the complete plans for the Entrepreneurship Day."

 

I nod then he stormed out of the office.

 

"I think I better go... you're busy."

 

"You haven't answered me yet Myungsoo..."

 

He caress my cheek and plant a soft kiss on my lips. "I promise not to let you go this time, Yeol. I won't leave you."

 

He smiled. But that didn't put me at ease either.

 

What is it about that part of our memory that's making me feel uneasy? Why isn't it worth remembering? I hate to feel that Myungsoo did hurt me in the past. But that seems to be it. Maybe I was hurt by him in the past. And if my psychiatrist really advised them not to make me remember those parts of the memories, then that could only be mean harm to me.

 

Maybe it will hurt me again this time?

 

"Yeol... someone wanted to meet you."

 

I flinched and saw Howon with some middle aged woman. I smile.

 

"Mrs. Kim. You came."

 

 

--

 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

 

I tried to calm myself as I went out of Sungyeol's office.

 

I don't think we'll be able to keep avoiding that subject anymore. He's curious now.

 

I'm making my way back to our classroom when I noticed one car parked in the school's parking lot.

 

Why does it look familiar to me?

 

"Myungsoo!"

 

Sungjong and Sowon are running towards me while holding some boxes.

 

"What are those?" I asked.

 

"Some props for the incoming Entrepreneurship. Have you delivered your Other Half's lunch?"

 

I smiled to that. "Yep. I just did. Anyway, let me help you with that."

 

Sowon came closer and lean to see my neck. I covered it with my palm. I back away.

 

"Was that a hickey?! OMG Myung!"

 

My face turns hot.  "Yeol loves marking me this way. Oh by the way Jong, I think I saw something familiar just now. Like one of those cars we have in  England..." I turn to point the car out for them to see when I realized that it's not longer there. "... it's gone. I swear I saw it..."

 

"You're being delusional. Or maybe it's just the same model. Lets get going. Our classmates want us back sooner. Lets go!"

 

I follow them close with an uneasy feeling still inside me. I swear I saw my Mom's car.

 

But that's impossible. She's in England.

 

I brush it off and believed Sungjong's words.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Classes ended and we're still in school because of the preparation for the Entrepreneurship day.

 

 

Our classmates says that the best part of this event is when you get to meet other people from other schools. The inviting is what makes it more thrilling, because we get to invite anyone we want.

 

"Not to mention, the dance after the long day!"

 

I heard as the girls shrieks. Me and the other guys just smile to that. They've been shrieking like that for awhile now.

 

"Oh yes, the King of the Night is DC Chief right?!"

 

"I know right! Some seniors confessed to him that night too!"

 

"And some students from other school came just to see him!"

 

"Remember when our school panics because DC chief was mobbed by some outsiders?! That's just insane."

 

"He was chased by girls right?"

 

"Yes. Some girls are crazy."

 

If there is something about Sungyeol that I hate, that's probably his popularity. Though I'm also popular with my looks and all, he's still the most popular and girls can't get enough of him.

 

"But the good things is the way he turn them all down!"

 

"I know right! That's the highlight!"

 

Me and Sungjong turn their sides. Some of our classmates are listening to them too.

 

"Why was it the highlight? Did he make them cry?" Sowon asked.

 

"Because everyone got curious after he said he's already dating someone."

 

"Was he really?" Sowon asked and she even gave me a teasing look.

 

"That, we don't know. He only said that he's dating someone. And when he was asked if it's our schoolmate, he just smiled."

 

"Ow, that's too bad. No one knows who he is dating then."

 

"Yeah. The girls are happy to see him not walking hand in hand with someone, though. And that made us assumed that he's just bluffing."

 

They all laughed inside the classroom when our front door opens, revealing Sunggyu's face. Suddenly, the room became silent as Sunggyu-hyung checked the props we have.

 

"You guys are doing a Crepe Shop, right?"

 

We all said yes in unison and he nods.

 

"That's great. Anyway, the props are to be send back COMPLETE in the stock room. Any loss parts are charged."

 

Another yes left our mouths.

 

"President, is DC chief still at school? Our class Muse wants to talk to him!"

 

The teasing rises as our muse smiles shyly. Sunggyu-hyung raised his eyebrows. Annoyance on his face.

 

"He is. But---"

 

The teasing continues and he brushed his eyebrows in extreme annoyance.

 

"He's with someone in his office though. And it's a girl."

 

That creates whine from the girls. Woohyun really knows how to kill them all in disappointments. He winks at me and asked me to come outside for awhile with Sowon and Sungjong.

 

"I'm not lying on that part."

 

"What?" We asked.

 

"Yeah. He really is with someone inside his office. And it's a woman. We didn't saw her though. Only Howon saw her. He says she's really beautiful but she's older for his taste, so I think it's something to be worried about." Sunggyu-hyung adds.

 

"And she's driving a luxurious car! It graces the school parking earlier!"

 

That got my attention back to Woohyun. "Was it black in color?"

 

"It is! I think it's something you often see in UK streets. Its really cool!"

 

I look at Sungjong who's eyes also fixated to me.

 

"But that's impossible, Myung... Auntie can't be here. She's in London."

 

"Why?" Sunggyu and Woohyun asked.

 

"Myung thinks he saw his Mom's car in the school parking earlier."

 

"And I don't think Sungyeol-oppa knows Auntie. Right?" Sowon asked.

 

I shook my head slowly. "No. He knows her. They've met before."

 

They gasped while Sunggyu-hyung eyed me with his wide eyes.

 

"But then again, that's impossible. You're right. She can't be here."

 

 

--

 

 

 

I was placing my things in my room here in Sungyeol's unit, when he came. He was looking so good with that undone buttons and crooked neck tie.

 

 

"Hi, you're home."

 

He smiles weakly and sit down on my bed. "I was expecting you to run to me once I came."

 

"I'll keep that in mind."

 

I sat on his lap and curl my arms around his neck to give him a kiss. "Are you hungry?"

 

"I already had a dinner..." I pout then he kiss me again. "But yes, I'm hungry so let's eat."

 

I broke to a smile and lead him to the dining table. I prepared the table and was pouring him some juice when I remembered something.

 

"I heard some woman came in your office... is that true?"

 

"Am I hearing jealousy?"

 

"No you're not. So?"

 

"Well, yeah. But, it's about business."

 

I shoot one eyebrow up. "Business? What kind of business?"

 

"Myung, spare me the details."

 

"Okay. I'm just curious."

 

I didn't hear anything from him so I look back at him.

 

He looks like he's having a battle with himself. And he's not eating well.

 

I held his hand. "Is there something wrong, Yeol?"

 

He flinch then look at me. "Ah, ye-yes. I'm fine. I just... something came to mind."

 

I suddenly stands from my seat. "Flashes? Are you okay? Should I call for help?"

 

He laughs lightly and held me from my waist. "No. I'm perfectly fine. What I mean is, something came to my mind and it's something about business. No need to worry."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Positive. Lets resume eating okay? I want to sleep."

 

"But you're not even eating properly."

 

"Because I got distracted, Love. Lets eat."

 

"Fine."

 

I go back to my own seat. But what Sungyeol says didn't put me at ease. At all.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Third Person's POV

 

 

"This is Lee Sungyeol... can I have an appointment with you tomorrow? I have something to discuss."

 

"What's up with this sudden appointment with me, young Lee?"

 

"Spare me the details till tomorrow. I'll be in my office at the main branch."

 

"Are we talking about that previous request?"

 

Sungyeol scratch his eyebrows. "Yes we are."

 

"Don't tell me..."

 

"Yes. I have him secured now."

 

"You finally secured him? That's good. Okay. I'll be in your office tomorrow."

 

Sungyeol closed his phone and sips on his coffee. If he wanted to really have Myungsoo this time, he ought to move fast. Or else.

 

Now that he have everything ready, and Myungsoo finally with him now, that put him at ease in many ways.

 

He dialled his dad's number.

 

"Dad, it's me..."

 

"What brought this call, son?"

 

"Remember the plan I discussed with you?"

 

"Are we resuming that? I'm ready anytime."

 

"Yes we are. I'll be in the main tomorrow. I'm hoping that you could join us for that."

 

"Okay son. I got it."

 

"And can i ask you to do some background check."

 

"Huh? Who?"

 

"Sowon. I hate the feeling Dad. She's  familiar."

 

"..."

 

"I know you know her. And I know you won't tell me anything, so I'm trying to figure them all out myself. Jung Sowon is the name. And i need it tomorrow."

 

"Okay son. I got it."

 

Sungyeol smiled to himself as he placed his phone on his table.

 

He went out if his own room and open the door next to his.

 

Myungsoo is sleeping soundly on his bed. He approach his lover and played with his hair as he fixed his comforter over him.

 

As he was doing that, Myungsoo flinch and woke up and smile. He held Sungyeol's hand and kissed it.

 

Sungyeol kissed the younger's forehead and murmur...

 

"I don't know if digging into everything will help me to keep you... but I hate the feeling I'm having. And i feel like I need to do this... for us."

 

Sungyeol is not sure if the younger heard him. Because he's back to dreamland when he look back at him.

 

He kissed his forehead again and went out of the others' room.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Author's Note: This is shorter than my usual, but this chapter is really meant to be this way. I was so close of releasing the other chapter I have in my drafts for chapter 11, but changed my mind in the last minute because it just doesn't fit. And I don't want it to be that way because it'll kill all the momentum we have. That means, chapter 12 will be revised as well to fit this one. So it'll come a little later.

 

What are your thoughts? And thank you for all the comments.