Epilogue: When you're gone

OTHER HALF

Even though I didn't know what went wrong five years ago...

 

Even though I have no idea why I was left behind...

 

I learned to accept the fact that this is really my fate with Lee Sungyeol.

 

I never hated him even after all of that happenings. Even if he chose to leave me, I will never hate him. I can never hate him.

 

Five long years since I was left by him, and I'm still back to where our memories lies.

 

Back in the auditorium where he takes me to see the stars. The stars.

 

"I failed to count the stars again, Love... there's so many of them... is this really the amount of love you have for me?"

 

I smiled to myself sadly as I remembered those memories we had with the stars. How we used the sky and the stars to describe our love for each other.

 

I smiled as the pain creeps in.

 

I sob again for tonight as I tried to reach out on them, but they're too far away.

 

Like you.

 

You're so far away from me.

 

I fulfilled my promise Love.

 

I didn't leave Korea.

 

I'm here to stay for you wherever you are. If you won't be back today, I'll still be here tomorrow. And the following day. And the following day...

 

I won't leave, Love.

 

Just please....

 

"Please come back Yeol... I miss you so much... you owe me a lot of explanations... why did you leave? Why did you turn your back on me when it was you who asked me not to? Why did you leave when you are so eager to make me stay? Why aren't you back yet? Its been five years... have you fully given up?"

 

That night, I walked away from the auditorium with a broken heart. Again and again, with a broken heart. For five consecutive years, with a broken heart.

 

And I don't think I'll be okay anymore...

 

Until you're here.

 

--

 

Author's note: didn't see this coming?

Well yeah, me too. I'm crying at 5:57am when I decided to end this fic here. God, why do I have to end this like this?! 💔

Anyway, are you so eager to know what happened during the talk with Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee? :) well, I am too! So I'm making an announcement...

Yes. There's part two. ^_~

Anticipate it. And let us all hope for a happy ending on that second part.

Let me end it happily on the second part... let me end it happily on the second part. HAHAHHAHAH Like a mantra. 3

I'll see you soon. :)