7: Bet

OTHER HALF

 

Author's Note: Hi there. HAHA. Are you ready for another set of updates? Ain't I early? HAHAHA Love me now. HAHAHAHA Just kidding.

Anyway, sit back and relax. Let me update. 😂

ChekkyChoding9195
~

Myungsoo's POV

 

"Kim Myungsoo have a hickey?! Oh my goodness! He's taken?"

"My poor poor heart!"

"I can feel my heart breaking with just a sight of those freshly made hickey!"

 

Thanks to Sungyeol being his territorial self, some girls finally leave me alone. I had trouble covering them earlier when I saw it, but then I realized that I prefer showing them in broad daylight. We're having PE, and no T-shirt could cover my neck. I do put some handkerchief around it since my teacher scold me. I have to tell him that I'm having allergies, to Sungjong's amusement.

 

That day seems like hell. Since yeah, we are having our PE class outside and it's hot! Yesterday it was raining. Now it feels like summer is around the corner even though its way too far before that.

 

Our class are doing Dodge ball. Girls are filling in the outsides of the field. I feel sweaty and I'm so irritated.

 

Sungjong sits beside me.

 

"Bored? We haven't even started yet."

 

"Of course I'm bored. I wish I've done enough to skip a year and be with Sungyeol."

 

He roll his eyes. "Don't forget later. Minwoo's practice."

 

"I know. You don't have to remind me that."

 

"Good. Anyway, wanna come with us after their practice? We'll grab snack from the new opened cafe. I've heard their pastries and milk teas are good."

 

"I don't know if Yeol is okay with that."

 

"He doesn't care back in England. You think he would care now?"

 

"I'll ask him."

 

I stood up and dust off myself. I lend my hand to lift Sungjong up.

 

"No skipping activities, first years!"

 

We turn to see  Sunggyu and Woohyun. We come closer to them. A fence is between us though.

 

"Hi hyungs!" Sungjong greeted them cheerfully. I just nod and look around.

 

"If you're looking for your boyfriend, he's not with us. He's busy talking with some brats. You won't see him until later. He asked us to pass that message for you since his phone is dead." Woohyun-hyung says as he's clearly looking on my neck who's not well covered.

 

"I-i see. Thanks hyung."

 

"Am I seeing a hickey--"

 

"Woohyun!"

 

We all look back to the third floor where Howon is. My heart skip a beat with idea that Sungyeol might be with him.

 

"Yeol says he'll see you guys at the SC office. We got the list of those students who's working part time without permission."

 

"Is he out now?"

 

"Huh? I thought he's with you guys?!"

 

"Huh? He asked us to pass a message to Myungsoo."

 

Howon looks confuse but before he say something back, Sungyeol smack his head from the back and lean forward with a smile. I almost wave happily. I didn't see him earlier even though we decided to walk together, because Sungjong didn't woke up on time. So I asked Sungyeol to go on before me.

 

"Shouting during class hours? Seriously? Officers never learned, huh? Hi, other half. You look good in PE uniform."

 

I swear I blush on that. He's playing with me! I know he is, since I'm covering my neck.

 

"I'll see you after class. I'm charging my phone back in the DC office so, I'll text you when it's done."

 

I nod and he smiles.

 

"I'm expecting to see the SC president and his secretary to be in their office. I'll see you there, you two."

 

"Damn you. You asked us to pass a message and now you're rushing us?!" Woohyun said but follows Sunggyu anyways.

 

Sungjong and I look at each other and went back to class.

~

We are changing into our uniforms again. When we're done changing, we went out of the changing room and went back to our classroom. Our classmates can't stop with their dying screams just because the student body leaders are out earlier during our class. I go straight to my seat and put my things down when three of my classmates approached me.

 

Sungjong eyed me and I just roll my eyes.

 

"Hi, Myungsoo. Can we ask you something?"

 

"You already did."

 

They giggle. Argh! These girls are annoying!

 

"You seems close with Sungyeol-oppa! Are you guys friends?"

 

"No. They're lovers." Sungjong said while playing with his phone. We all turn to him but his eyes never left his phone.

 

"Is that true?! OMG! Really?"

 

"No we're not in both questions."

 

"Not even friends? You look closer earlier."

 

I roll my eyes again. "So? That's none of your business."

 

"We just wanted to ask you if Yeol-oppa--"

 

"That's Sungyeol-oppa for you."

 

I look at Sungjong again.

 

"Whatever, diva. Anyway, as I was saying, is he taken?"

 

"He is for you."

 

I laugh at Sungjong who keeps on answering for my sake.

 

"Why do you keep on joining the conversation! I'm not talking to you!"

 

"My friend is not talking to you though. So I'm answering for his sake."

 

The three roll their eyes on Sungjong and went back on their seats. I mouthed a Thank You to Sungjong and he just wink to me.

 

Miss Kwon came in.

 

"I need two students to go up in the second year class 1 and ask for Lee Sungyeol. Whos---"

 

"MA'AM! PICK ME! I'll go!"

 

"No Ma'am! ME! PICK ME!"

 

"No, Me! I'M THE MUSE OF THIS CLASS!"

 

"SO WHAT IF YOU'RE THE MUSE! MA'AM PICK ME! I'M SMARTER THAN THE MUSE!"

 

The teacher shook his head and approach me and Sungjong.

 

"I'm picking the best students. Kim and Lee, is it okay for you to pick the Disciplinary Committee chief? I need to talk to him right now while I'm giving you guys a surprise quiz."

 

The whole class whine for that.

 

"Its okay ma'am. Lets go Jongie."

"Sure."

 

He let out his tongue to the girls who's wishing that they'll be the one to pick Sungyeol up before we went out of the room.

 

"I hate the girls in our room! They're all so annoying."

 

"I know."

 

We climbed up the stairs and reached their room in no time. The teacher was about to enter their room so we run for her.

 

"Miss, Miss Kwon is asking for Lee Sungyeol right now. Is it okay to excuse him?"

 

"Miss Kwon? Oh, that's probably because of the issues about some students. Sure. Come in for awhile."

 

The classroom are silent when we came in. No one even dared to lift their heads because they're all focus to their books. Sungyeol though, is reading different thing. Its in a folder.

 

Woohyun and Howon were the first one to lift up their heads to stretch their arms and legs. Howon who was sitting behind Yeol kicked his chair, resulting for Sungyeol to turn around and smack his chest. Then Howon pointed to me.

 

Yeol look around to see me and I just bow. He put down whatever he was reading.

 

The teacher silently approach Sungyeol and ask him to join us. He stood up and we all went out of the room.

 

"Why is everyone so quiet inside your classroom?" Sungjong asks.

 

"Well, we can't relax like you guys. Unlike you, you won't be experiencing a re-sectioning. Whoever places in the first 30 on the ranking, will be in class 1 for the rest of the school year. Meaning, sectioning in both 2nd and 3rd year are temporary until this ranking. Freshmen don't have that rule yet."

 

We both nod. "Then how about you? What are you doing? That doesn't look like a book to me. The one you were holding."

 

He smirk. "That's a list of the offenders I'll be dealing with later after class. I'm checking their information. Anyway, who asked for you guys to pick me up? Is it Miss Kwon?"

 

"Yeah. The girls will definitely die once you stepped in our room." Sungjong retorts.

 

"I'm glad she didn't ask the girls to pick me up."

 

"You have no idea."

 

We open the door to our room, and the girls began to squealed like a fangirl in a music shows.

 

"Glad you could make it, Mr. Lee. I'm sorry about the short notice."

 

"Its okay Miss Kwon."

 

"Do you mind if I give these kids a quiz before we discuss things?"

 

"Not at all."

 

We go back to our seats and wait for further instructions, while Sungyeol waited beside the teacher's table.

 

"You're not having a quiz, right Mr. Lee?"

 

"None right now, Miss Kwon. Self study time."

 

"You guys have it tough huh?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Have you seen the results of your year's pre-ranking?"

 

"Yes Miss. They told me earlier in the faculty."

 

"I see. And your scores?"

 

Sungyeol smiled. "First."

 

"As usual."

 

Miss Kwon turn to us after that.

 

"Only ball pen over your tables. Use permanent ink. Those who will be using mechanical pencils will get zero immediately..." there's whining again. "...those who will be failing this surprise quiz won't stand a chance in next week's ranking exam. And you'll surely fail my class too. So I hope you reviewed your notes."

 

She begun  passing out the questionnaires before giving us the blank paper where we will be putting our solutions.

 

She's teaching Chemistry, by the way.

 

"The first blank paper is where you'll write your sure solution and answers. The second blank paper will serve as your scratch. I will see no erasure in the first blank paper. I will only stamp on the first blank paper to help me determine that it's the first blank paper."

 

"Yes, miss." We all said in unison. She stamp the first blank paper. And when she's done, she told us to begin.

 

I look at Sungyeol before I start, and he mouthed a "Good luck" and wink at me. I mouthed back a "Thanks" then start.


--
Sungyeol's POV

Everyone in their room goes silent after Miss Kwon's cue to start. Myungsoo is solving in the first page right after he read the questionnaire. He's looking amazing doing that. Not to mention, cool.

 

Miss Kwon approach me and sat down on her teacher chair.

 

"As I was about to say, Sungyeol. The offenders..."

 

"Do you know some of them? I can see one of them here."

 

I say as I turn to look at the girl beside Sungjong who keeps on looking at me nervously.

 

"Yes. That's one of the best students."

 

"I know. Rank 6th among all first year right?"

 

"Yes. I hope you listen to her issues before removing her."

 

"That's actually my plan, Miss Kwon. I won't decide before I heard their reasons on working. And with her rank so high, I don't think he'll be kick out."

 

She nods and check the list.

 

"Some students belongs to the varsity."

 

"Yeah. I kinda figure that out."

 

"The Council have a say to this?"

 

"SC President Sunggyu says I'll do it before turning them all to him. This is the DC's job after all."

 

"The seniors have it tough. Did you know anything about his college choices?"

 

"The last time I checked, he still have Woollim University as his first choice."

 

She nods. "How about you? Have you decided on what college to attend to?"

 

"I have more than a year to decide on that."

 

"Your parents says that you have England Universities as your first choice."

 

I didn't answer back immediately so she continues.

 

"Are there changes in your plans?"

 

"Kinda."

 

"I see. Well, you have to think it over. And keep up your ranks. You may go."

 

"Thanks."

 

I bowed one last time to Miss Kwon and return to my own classroom.

 

The same scene when I left greeted me when I came in.

~

I was eating my lunch with the same group of people and I've been changing my gazes to Woohyun and Sunggyu.

 

"Are you guys fighting?" I can't let this continue. They're not talking! And they're not even looking at each other.

 

Woohyun is alarmingly quiet, and I hate it when he's quiet.

 

"I'll take that as a Yes."

 

Dongwoo-hyung ask me not to interrogate further but then Woohyun stood up.

 

"Yeol, can we talk?"

 

"Sure. I guess? But can't we finish food first?"

 

"This can't wait. I need you to listen."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

Myungsoo says he'll tucked in the lunchbox he gave me and told me to go after Woohyun who's walking fast, shoving everyone trying to give him some gifts.

 

I look at Sunggyu-hyung who was watching Woohyun's back with worry.

 

"I'll be listening both sides, hyung. So get yourself ready."

 

He nods then I left them there.

 

Woohyun sat down on one of the benches in the school garden and sigh heavily. I watched as tears left his eyes. He sobs non stop and I just... I don't know what to do.

 

I sat down beside him and waited for him to open up on his own. I didn't ask anything until he calm down.

 

"He's planning on going to Seoul University..."

 

I turn to him shocked and ready to retort when he stop me for talking.

 

"Let me get this out..." I nod and let him continue. "We... we already made our plans when we started our relationship. He says that he'll attend Woollim University since it's closer to WSHS and he'll wait for me there... but last night... last night he... he said... he said that he'll take the entrance exam from Seoul U since his father wanted him to take it. And when he passed, he'll go there and even... even stayed in dorm! Like I can handle if he's away from me! I said okay with Woollim U because it's closer! But he didn't even asked me anything about the changes! I feel so betrayed that I  left him last night, not caring about the rain. I came to your unit, but you're not there. I'm too shy to visit Myungsoo's.... I... I don't know what to do, Yeol... I feel so restless!"

 

I run my hand on his back to help him calm down. I feel sad about this. This never happened to them before. They're like the sweetest couple I know, but now...

 

"Yeol... what could I do?"

 

I didn't say anything. Thinking on how I'll answer. "Take Seoul U's exam too? Once we graduated, I mean."

 

"As if I can pass there!"

 

"Why are you underestimating yourself, Woohyun! You can do it! You can pass the exam."

 

"Let me just remind you, I'm rank 27th! I'm having trouble with my studies and I don't know what to do anymore! How could I even manage to take the exams in Seoul U where all the geniuses go?!"

 

"Just think of how you managed to remain in the first rank 30! You'll be okay! And I'm not aiming for Seoul U! So not all geniuses go there."

 

"No I won't be okay! I only manage to remain in class 1 because of the bet! And what a nice way to be humble!" he said sarcastically.

 

"What bet?"

 

"He'll broke up with me if I get myself kicked out of class 1."

 

" Woohyun."

 

"I know... stupid right?"

 

I was looking at him, hiding my amusement. This guy really knows how to cheer himself.

 

"I see no problem, Woohyun. You're just being ridiculous."

 

"No I'm not! He's leaving me! Do you know how much that hurts?!"

 

"Seoul U was like... two station  away from where we are, Woohyun. Give your guy a break!"

 

"But I can't!"

 

I roll my eyes and I almost leave him, if he isn't my best friend.

 

"I tell you what... make a bet with Sunggyu-hyung..."

 

"What bet?"

 

"Tell him that if you get your rank higher, maybe in rank 10, he won't take the exam and continue having Woollim U as his first choice for college."

 

"Are you kidding me?! You're not listening, Sungyeol! I'm currently in rank 27!"

 

"So? You got me."

 

"What do you mean?!"

 

"I can teach you. I'm not into studying, but you can  join  me and Howon in our review classes. And we can stay up all night to study."

 

"You'll do that?"

 

"Yeah. To support you and your love."

 

He's teary eyed again. "Thank you Yeol."

 

"Thank me later. When he said yes in your bet."

 

We came back running to the cafeteria and glad that they're still in the table we left them.

 

They stopped talking once we reached their table.

 

I sat back down next to Myungsoo who gave me a cupcake.

 

Woohyun remain standing next to Sunggyu who looks up on him.

 

"Listen to me, Kim Sunggyu."

 

"W-what?"

 

"Don't take the exams."

 

"What? I already told you, Woohyun-"

 

"If I manage to get my rank higher than 15th, you won't take the exams."

 

Dongwoo and Howon stopped eating. Myungsoo beside me turn to me as if he knows I'm behind that, and I just shrug. Sungjong remained silent, eating cupcakes.

 

"You? Higher than rank 15? You mean rank 14, 13 and so on? Are you kidding?"

 

"Just say yes!"

 

"Okay, okay. You don't have to shout. I won't take the exams of you ranked higher than 15... geez Woohyun, how sure are you?"

 

"Sure as I am standing in front of you now."

 

Sunggyu sigh and turn to me coldly. I smirk and mouthed a, "Good luck."

 

He shrugs his shoulder.

~

I'm walking on the open field when Woohyun approached me.

"Yeol, where are you going?"

"To the tennis courts. Why?"

"Just thinking if we could walk home together? I run away from Sunggyu."

I look at him with disbelief. "Its okay. I guess."

"Why are you going to the tennis courts by the way?"

"Myungsoo and Sungjong are there."

"I see. Can I go to your place now?"

"Huh? Why?"

"To study! Yeol, tomorrow is Saturday. The ranking exams are on Monday. How could I get my rank higher if I don't study now?"

"Oh yeah. But not in my unit."

"Where then? And why am I not allowed in your unit?"

"Just because."

We arrived at the tennis courts and I saw Myungsoo sitting beside Sungjong. Minwoo and Niel playing a match. I lift my arm for Myungsoo to see me. He waved back. We enter the courts and the team immediately stops to bow.

We bow back.

"DC chief! And Woohyun! Good day!"

"Hi. Keep going. We'll just watch."

The captain approached us. "I didn't know you guys likes tennis."

"Not really. We just came here to join our friends while waiting for someone from your team."

"I see. We won't finish till late though. We have a match tomorrow."

"I know. I was informed by your later activity."

"We still want you in our team, Yeol."

I chuckle. "No way, sunbae. Just go on with your practice. I'll sit beside those two guys over there."

"Woohyun is not with Sunggyu. What a rare sight to see."

"Don't provoke him, captain."

He pats Woohyun's shoulder and we go on with our walking.

Some girls are sitting behind them and watching. I sat down beside Myungsoo.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself. How was your day?"

"Tiring."

"Want to eat dinner in my place again?"

"Really? Thanks Love."

"Sure. Hi Woohyun."

"Hello. Can I eat at your place too, Myungsoo?"

"Huh? Why?"

"I'm studying with Yeol."

I snort. "I told you, not in my place."

"Then I'll stay in Myungsoo's place. We could study there too."

"Don't start planning--"

"Its okay. You can study in my place if Yeol's place is off limits."

Woohyun smile to me and I just push him lightly away from me.

"Thanks Myungsoo. You're a life saver! I never been to Yeol's place ever since he bought the place."

"Really? I've been there last night! When he--"

"What?! And I'm off limits?! SUNGYEOL!"

"Tch. I won't help you if you insist, Woohyun."

"Fine. I won't."

I sigh in relief and held Myungsoo's hand.

I feel dizzy and hot. I've been like this since morning but ignored the feeling. But now, I feel worse.

I lean on Myungsoo's shoulder and he continue watching the game. My vision is becoming blurry so I closed my eyes.

My world is turning.

Head spinning.

I cussed as the throb of my head became too painful to handle.

"Yeol? What is it?"

"I think I'm having a fever."

"What?" the three said in unison.

"Let me get you home then!" Myungsoo exclaimed as he feel my forehead. "You're hot!"

I grin. "I know."

"Shut up! I'll get you home! Get up!"

"But we're still waiting for Minwoo..."

"Sungjong will be fine with Woohyun-hyung! Get up!"

The two eyed Myungsoo asking "What?!" at the same time.

"Woohyun, can you wait for Minwoo with Jongie till they finish? I'll take Sungyeol home and fix the guest room for you since you're staying over."

"O-okay. Will you be okay?"

"Yes we will. Just follow us once Minwoo came. I'll see you at home."

"Okay."

"Sungjong, sorry."

"Its okay. Just take him home safely. Call me once you get back."

"Sure."

Myungsoo put my arm around his shoulder. But before we left, I said Sorry to Sungjong and he just say I owe him. I just nod and walk with Myungsoo to the parking lot.

"We're not walking back?" I asked.

"No. I'm driving us back."

"Huh? How?"

"I have a student driver license so I'm good to go."

"Myung, can I kiss you now?"

"No." He said firmly while his eyes are focused on the road.

"Why?"

"Because you're sick. I'll kiss you as many as you want if you're not."

I pout. "Fine."

I heard him chuckle beside me and I turn to the car window and smile. I love this guy.

"You know whom I love, Yeol?"

"Who?" I asked not looking to his side. "Is it the guy on your right?" Cause I'm on his right. Keke~

"No. He's on my left."

I looked at him with my squinty eyes and cross my arms. "You dare to replace me with some unknown particle Kim Myungsoo?"

He grinned.

I roll my eyes on him and let him drive.
--