1: FAMILIAR

OTHER HALF

 

 

 

Woohyun tap my shoulder and lend me folder.

 

 

"You gotta see that. I know you'll be pissed, but just so you know."

 

I turn to the folder he gave me and read the content. It's a...

 

"What is this, Woohyun?"

 

"Glad you asked. So, I was making my way to the comfort room when my Sunggyu called for me when he saw me passing by their room. He lend me this and asked me to let you know about it. I don't know what that is, but it looks like it's something important."

 

I shoot one eyebrow up at him. "I'm not stupid. I know this is important. But why is he giving me this?"

 

"Yeol, student council needs help. And you're in the Disciplinary Committee. We need you to do this."


I almost rolled my eyes. We're both in class one and in our second year of High School. Woohyun is a friend of mine and he belongs to the Student Council. Probably the only second year officer. Kim Sunggyu is our Senior. He's in cass one and the President of he Student Council. He wanted me to attend a meeting for the rule breakers are at loose. And I think I'll be scolded because I'm not present whenever I'm needed to monitor the school gates with the Guidance Councilor who happens to be someone I'm close with. I never bother fulfilling my duties because another friend of mine, Howon is assigned to do that for me and I'm asking them to report for me if it's necessary, But looks like it didn't happen at all because the President of SC is calling me.

 

I went out of the room with Woohyun tailing behind me.

 

"It hadn't been two months since we started school, and now a lot of rule breakers is being to hard to deal with. Not to mention, the freshmen."

 

I didn't look at him and I continue looking at the ground floor of Woollim Senior High School. The buildig they're at, is facing the front gates where the students are coming in and I can see Howon in front checking the Students Uniforms wuth some younger members. We are at the third floor, above us is the floor for our Senior. And the freshmen floor located at the second floor.

 

 

Some students notices me watching and they initially fixed themselves especially the necktie. Some girls are trying to lower down their skirts and I smirk.

 

"Howon!"

 

My friend looks up at me and wave a hello.

 

"Those students who have their skirts three inches above their knees, I want them in my office. Don't even let those who have their skirts above their knees escape! All of them are to report in my office this time. Those who are not wearing neckties too..." I smied as Howon nod.

 

WIth that being said, some students stayed outside the gates and fix themselves before presenting themselves in the school. I turn to see Woohyun's smiling face.

 

"You really done it this time. This is the first time the school is seeing you do the job."

 

"Tell Sunggyu-hyung that I'll be at his office later."

 

He salutes and walk away, while I make my way to my office as the Disciplinary Committee Chief.

--

"President!"

 

 

I turn to Woohyun who called me.

 

 

"I can see you're happy. What happened?" I asked.

 


"DC Chief Lee Sungyeol is monitoring the gate from the third floor and was calling out the rule breakers in his office. He says he'll be in your office after class."


Woohyun looks behind me and saw the two guys I was talking with before he arrived.

 

"Oh. You're with... some freshmen?"

 

"Ah, yeah. These are Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong. I asked for them, so don't tell Yeol that I let some freshmen up here. Anyway, I'm glad to finally hear that he's working."

 

The two younger bowed to Woohyun as they notice the yellow linings on his uniform saying that he's a second year.

"Oh, guys, he's Nam Woohyun. The only second year who managed to have a position in the Student Council. He mentioned Lee Sungyeol. He's the..."

"Disciplinary Committee Chief."

I gave Myungsoo a look and he avert his eyes. "You know him? Have you seen him before? He was never fulfilling his duty on the gates so--"

"I.. know him. Because he's popular."

Me and Woohyun exchange glances and then back to Myungsoo.

"We know he's popular. But i didn't know that you know him just because he's popular." Woohyun countered.

The boy just shrug. "Will he be coming here too?"

This time, I shoot my eyebrows upward as I see the obvious excitement in his eyes. Oh man. I think someone is a fanboy of the school's visual.

"No. He's not. That guy usually--"

"Woohyun. I think you better go. You too, freshmen. The bell just rang."

Disappointment filled their faces but then they turn around. Woohyun stayed though.

"I'll be going too, Gyu. I'll see you later."

I nod. I think I'll be filled with fun this after class.
--
Woohyun and I walked around the campus after class. Knowing that many students left to go home. Though someone might be still around for some activities.

"Oh, Gyu says he'll be at the Photojournalism club. Let's go there."

I groaned. "Fiiine. I'm bored as hell. I wanna go home. I want to see my-- ouch!"

As soon as we turn to the corridor going to the Photojournalism club, some guy bumped on me. And with instinct, I pulled him towards me to minimize the accident since he's carrying some.. expensive camera.

I hit my head on the wall with the guy between my arms and legs.

"Damn. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked with one eye open.

"Yeol! Are you okay?!"

I nod and waited for the other guy to turn his head to me.

"Kid, are you okay?" I asked again.

This time he managed to lift his head.

His eyes are the darkest eyes I've ever seen. And I think it twinkle when he saw me. I can feel his waist with my hands and I think I felt hot.

"I-i-i-i'm f-fine! Are you?"

He stood up quickly and lend his hands on me.

"I'm fine. Thanks."

Woohyun was the one to assist me on standing but I was about to reach for his hands too.

"I was in a hurry and... I'm really sorry." He says.

"No it's okay. Your camera didn't broke, right?" I asked.

"Oh no. Its okay. Thanks for asking."

I nod and dust off my back.

"Yeol, we better go. Gyu is waiting for us."

I shift my look to Woohyun who was checking me if I am hurt.

"If you're talking about President Kim, he's in our office."

Oh. I figure that he might be from the Photojournalism Club. So he really is.

"Thanks. We're off then."

I walk passed him and I think it was his smell that lingers in my nostrils.

Sweet smell.

I turn to him again only to see that he's still looking at me hugging his camera. He fidget when he realized that I was looking at him. I smiled when he turn around and bump his head to the wall near him. Then I walk away again.
--
As soon as I'm sure that I no longer have him on my back, I immediately pulled out my phone and texted my friend Sungjong about what had happened.

Oh my God. I didn't expect to see him today! And he's looking as handsome as ever. He's smiles are still the greatest part of him ever and he never changes his scent. I've been wanting to see him all this time, but I never really had the chance to since we're forbidden to go in their classrooms not unless we are asked to go.

I don't think he remembers me. After what had happened, I know he doesn't remember me. And I know that I'm only hurting myself with all this expectations that he might remember me.

I hope he does. Because I am yet to give up on wishing that he will eventually turn to me.
--
I was sitting on my couch with my dog on my lap looking at the ceiling of my unit. I swear I've seen those eyes and his scent are awfully familiar to me. I just don't know where I've seen him.

I went home that day confused and not sure of what had happened that day. I bumped into someone who triggers some side of me but I can't even remember what that is. I can't figure it out and it's making me uneasy. That kid who bumped on me looks happy to see me. He can never fake those eyes twinkling as he look up on me. It's as if we've been looking at each other like that before.

My telephone rung and I left my couch after putting Aga down from my lap. My telephone tells me that it's from the Jang Residence, a friend of our family. If this Jang calling me is a friend of mine, he should've just called me with my personal phone.

I shrug to that, maybe he wanted to check up on me if I was home.

"Hello?"

"Yeollie! This is Dongwoo!"

"Kinda figure that out. So, what do you want?"

I heard him chuckle from the other line. "I've heard about you doing your job at school earlier. I regret not seeing that since I'm busy doing something inside the room whole day!"

"Oh, really? That's a pity then."

"Anyway, I would like to ask you something regarding that condominium residences run by your family. Is it okay to inquire for some information? I have someone willing to buy a unit there."

I rolled my eyes. So he's calling for business. "Is he aware that what we have is expensive?" I said with an obvious curiosity.

Our family run a chain of hotels and condominium. We run some beach resorts and restaurants too. So yeah, we're rich.

"He's equally rich as you so, that won't be a problem."

I hummed. "Is he looking for some temporary residency? Or..."

"No. He's planning to buy, buddy. Are you even listening to me?!"

I chuckle. "Fine. But the only available room is in our Sapphire---"

"No! Its gotta be there in Topaz!"

I scrunched my nose. "Here in Topaz? Why here?"

"Because he's also attending WSHS! Its got to be there in Topaz. That's nearer to the school."

I was taken back by the idea that a student from our school would be willing to buy a unit in our condominium residences. We had apartment complexes for students, for them to easily acquired if they want to, but if some is to buy unit in our Gem Stone Series Condominium, they must be rich. Really rich. Equally rich as my family. And Topaz is the most expensive building among all GSSC Buildings.

"You're kidding... how could someone from our school want some unit in Topaz? I'm not bragging, but Topaz is the most expensive building we have in GSSC Dongwoo. No student could afford one!"

"He knows. He's insisting to buy one, Yeol. Anyway, make your afternoon free tomorrow. I'll schedule some meeting for you guys to talk about it. And he has a roommate. So I don't think there'll be a problem."

"Okay then. Bring him to my DC office at lunch tomorrow. That's the only free time I could give."

"Yes sure!"

"May I asked for a name at least?"

"Kim Myungsoo! He's the one buying."

Now why does that sound familiar too?

--

Authors Note: Chapter 2 is coming real soon. Sorry, I kinda saved it in my Wattpad drafts, so I'm having a hard time copy pasting from there to here. :)