14: End

OTHER HALF

Author's note: Let me end the pain. I can't handle Sungyeol hurting~ <3

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

Myungsoo wipe his tears away and covered his mouth to suppress the sobs. Sunggyu and Woohyun patted his back, while Howon is trying to calm Dongwoo down. Sungjong is as worried and trying to comfort Sowon who was blaming herself.

Soohyun went out of the ICU and removed his mask. Everybody stands.

"He's stable now, but still sleeping. Waking up is his choice now. We can only wait for that."

"Will he be okay, Soohyun?"

"Lets hope for that, Auntie. Now that his memories are back in full, I don't think it's such a nice idea to leave him. So I advice you guys to always talk to him." Soohyun sigh and look at Myungsoo who was biting his nails. "This is the reason why Minhyuk advised you guys not to let him remember this way. His heart is weak to handle those kinds of pain again, Myungsoo..."

"Anyway, as much as I want you guys to go home for now, I can't advise you that.. You have to stay with him."

Myungsoo raise his hand. "I.. I can stay..."

"No Myungsoo. For now, seeing you is not advisable. We don't know yet if he wants to see you or not. You have to go home."

Myungsoo wanted to protest, but he chose not to. In the end, Mrs. Lee and Daeyeol decided to stay, while everyone left. All of them are inside Sunggyu's car. Everyone is quiet, but not Woohyun.

"What now? If... if.."

"Oppa, I'm worried."

They all turn to Sowon.

Myungsoo is too weak to turn to her side so he stayed looking out on the window.

"What if this news reached Uncle in England? What if he sent some people to pick you up?"

"That won't happen."

Dongwoon says that made them look at his side this time.

"How did you know?" Dongwoo asked.

"Because young heir won't let that happen. Before all of this happen, it was already planned to keep young Kim between tight security. Mrs. Kim was here and had  talk with young heir. And I think... that's probably the start of those triggers that could affect him this way... he wanted to keep you away from them, Mr. Kim. And I think, not being able to see you once he woke up will..."

"What do you mean by that?"

Dongwoon cleared his throat. "That means, before Young Heir could even have all his memory back completely, he's ready to face whatever the thing about your past. Whether it'll hurt him now, or not, he's ready to accept it... he doesn't want any of those push you away from him again."

Myungsoo started to sob again. And everything Sungyeol says to answer his demands came to his mind that very moment.

"I promise, Myung... I no longer remember the feeling of leaving you behind in England for a year... and I don't think I'd like to remember that... so I don't think I'll leave you now."

"I will. If it means keeping you with me I will."

"I need you to turn this car around, back to the hospital."

"What?! Myungsoo, the doctor says--"

Sunggyu covered Woohyun's mouth and ordered Dongwoon to do what he was told.

"Woohyun, we have to read between the lines. With or without amnesia, Yeol wants Myungsoo to stay. Leaving him now will only affect him negatively. Because even if he's having an amnesia all this time, the reason why he's holding back to remember all those painful memories is because, he's ready to forgive Myungsoo... he wanted to keep Myungsoo." Dongwoo says.

"...he's ready to make a new start with Myungsoo. Keeping him away from him won't be good." Howon finishes.
--
In no time at all, they're back in front of the ICU. Sunggyu knocked. They're surprised to see Soohyun inside.

"What happened?" They all asked.

The sight of Sungyeol with those machines attached to him, broke Myungsoo's heart.

"He started to breath shortly again..."

"Is he okay?"

"He is now."

Myungsoo approach Sungyeol's bed and sat beside him. He held his hand and kissed it. Tears started to left his eyes again as he watched his boyfriend sleeping. He's breathing is stable now and his heartbeat is good.

"Myungsoo, is it okay if we leave you behind? I'm going to treat them all to dinner, so you do your thing. Okay?"

Myungsoo only nods. And when all of them are out, he started to bit his lip.

"Yeol... you have to wake up... no one will take me away from father if you don't..."

He smiled and held his hand, tighter this time. "I trust you... I know how eager are you to fight for us... before and up to now... I'm so scared. Scared of losing you this time. I'm ready to fight for you now, Yeol. So please, give me a chance." I sob as I held him tightly.

"When you left, I talked to father about my plans of migrating here. He got mad. He hit me with his hands endlessly until Mom came to rescue me... mom asked me not to tell him about you until I'm here and under your possession, because in that way, I won't be touched by him again, because she's so sure that you'll take me in... but dad find us out Yeol... every partnership with your family was cut off, even though we're facing crisis that time. And because of that, I have to be engaged with Sowon... because he says that whatever happens to us, is my fault. I.. I wanted to keep you away from harm, that's why I asked you to let me go that time... but you didn't listen..." a chuckle left his lips. "And you said you always listen to me, huh?"

He bit his lips again. "When I came here, knowing that you have an amnesia and can't remember anything that hurt you in the past, I took that as a chance to be with you again... and maybe, overlap those painful memories with much better ones... the risk I take just to be with you... I had to bet with father, that if you take me again... he'll set me free from that engagement. That's why i asked you to let me be first... but you didn't listen again, and you ended up here..."

A smile curved on his lips as he wipe his tears away. "Love, wake up please? I'm cold... I need a hug... my lips are dry, and I need a kiss..."

As he let his head rest near to where Sungyeol's hand is, he didn't stop crying. If he really did live with Sungyeol now, how about Moonsoo and his mom? Will he be able to leave them behind under his tyrant father?

He felt a hand over his head. He raise his head to find Sungyeol's eyes weakly open.

"Myung..."

"Yeol! Oh my God!" he rose to his seat and grab the phone to call the nurse's station.

"How are you feeling?"

"Go...od... you're here... you didn't leave me..."

"I won't! I promised right? I won't leave you... how are you feeling?"

"I'm good... where are the others?"

"They went out for awhile to eat..."

Soohyun came in and was as surprised to see Sungyeol awake.

"Woah, dude! I was expecting you to wake up tomorrow. But you're awake now? The power of love huh?"

Myungsoo wipe his tears away and watch Soohyun as he inspect Sungyeol's body.

"You're not feeling any pain right now? How is your heart?"

Sungyeol broke a smile. "Strong...er. I'm fin..e. just... sleepy."

"That's because you woke up too early! You're supposed to wake up tomorrow. Your body always reject medicines." Soohyun says while scratching his head.

"He's going to be okay? Right, Soohyun?"

"He will be. If you stay. I'll tell his family that he's awake now."

He nod and the young doctor exits. He  sit back on the chair he emptied earlier. Sungyeol is watching him as he sits.

"I heard you..."

Myungsoo bit his lip as he look straight to Sungyeol's eyes.

"I know you do... you're a light sleeper. You'll wake up in the tiniest sound made."

He smile and lend me his hand to hold it.

"Let this be the last time to break my heart, Myung... because I swear to God, I'm not letting you off my sight ever again."

He nods continuously as Sungyeol grip his hand tighter. "Dad... he.. he rather let me marry than to be with you... he'll chase us down, Yeol..."

"Are you scared?"

"No. I'm not. I'm with you. But... Moonsoo.. he's my youngest brother... you're yet to meet him... he's a great kid, Yeol... you'll like him. He know you since I'm talking about you with him... he's the only one I have back in England when you left... he... he fight back to Dad when he's hurting me..."

"You don't have to worry about him..."

"What do you mean?"

"Your mom... and Moonsoo are staying in our house. I'm yet to meet the youngest..."

"He's here?! In Korea?! Really?"

"Yes. I came prepared this time, Love. No one is taking you away from me."

"Can we... meet them?"

"Of course. Once I'm discharged."

"How... I mean how did you---"

"Make them get here? Easy. My people from England did all the work for me. Your father believes that they're here to visit you and will only be here for a short time. But I won't let them go back to hell. Not to mention, my mom won't let your mom go back there."

"What do we do now then?"

"Now,  we wait for his attack. Because I know, sooner or later, he'll come and get you guys."

Myungsoo saw the anger on his boyfriend's eye as he says those words. And he knows that Sungyeol won't back down this time.

"If I didn't leave that time... we could've avoid these painful things to happen now..."

"Its a part of our Love, Yeol. We can never escape them..."

"We will. Trust me."

Myungsoo smiled and lean forward to give Sungyeol a kiss when their friends came. Woohyun came in rushing, stumble and fall.

Now that everyone is happy, Sungyeol is back in full and safe, Myungsoo have nothing in mind now but to be as happy as everyone else.

For now, that is.

--

After a week of being admitted in the hospital, Sungyeol and I decided to pay their mansion a visit. Since my mom and Monsoo is there, Sungyeol decided to grant me my wish to see them.

We arrived in their mansion. The typical almost-castle-like house of a typical rich families. Its almost like ours, but ours could definitely fit inside theirs.

"Myung, why are you daydreaming? If you keep stopping, you'll get lost."

I held his hand and follow him inside. "Your house is so huge. Is this the main house of your family in Korea?"

"It is. My Mom and your Mom are definitely in the backyard. Monsoo and Daeyeol should be around here somewhere."

"Don't tell me, they got lost?"

He just smiles at me.

The staircase are grand. The floors are made of woods, so we have to wear indoor slippers. The stairs are made of glass and so is the handle. The dining table is long, but not the usual long tables where you almost yell at each other when talking.

"Myung, this is my room."

He open one door from the second floor.

"Another house inside a house? Wow, Lee's." I said, shaking my head.

"This is just a room, Myung. Come in."

"This almost have the same size of your unit."

He chuckle. We put our things down and sit down for awhile.

"How long will we be staying here? You've been absent for a week, leaving SC do all the works for the incoming ENTREPRENEURSHIP Day, which is on Monday."

"Today is Saturday, so... we'll go home tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Evening. Cause the next day follows is Monday. When the Entrepreneurship Day is held."

I nod as I let my eye roam around his room. Its really huge, but this room is designed classically. Without pink thinks surrounding it.

The wall separating his bed from the living room of his room are glass. The television inside his room is huge! Like those in the movies.

Its all in brown and white theme, so I can describe it... serene. A very serene place.

"I can see you're amaze."

I suddenly turn back on Sungyeol's side as he kept his head over his palm while looking at me. I gulped and smile at him. "Your room feels like home."

"This is home, Myung. My home. And you're welcome to be here anytime you want."

"Have they been here? I mean... Woohyun and the others?"

"Yes. During special occasions."

"Oh."

"Their favorite part of the house is the playroom. Unlike my playroom in our unit, we have tons of other things here. Like billiards, table tennis and all. We can visit it later if you want."

"That's good. But, can we meet them first? I really miss my brother."

He giggles then took my hand and lend me out of the room.

"Where's Mom and the guests?"

"They're all in the backyard, Young heir."

Sungyeol nods and take me to where their backyard is. And once again, my breath left me as I saw the beautiful roses beds, all in different color. They're fixed to be in the shape of circle and between them is a very cute fountain made of glass.  The sculpture in the center is the "L" logo of their family.

"Wow... that's beautiful, Yeol."

"I know. Daeyeol designed that."

"What? The fountain?"

"Yup. Dad made him think about a design for that fountain. And his design came out like that."

"That's so cool."

"He's a Lee. What do you expect?"

I smile. One more turn and we saw my Mom talking to his Mom while having an afternoon tea. The two other kids are catching... butterflies? Because they have nets in their hands.

"Mom. We arrived."

The two woman's eyes glittered as they saw us both. And both younger brothers run towards them.

"Hyung monster!"

"Kitty Hyung!"

The two hugged the youngest then approaches the two elegant ladies.

"How are you adjusting, Yeol? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine mom. Hi Auntie."

"Why, hello there, Young Heir of the Lee's. We meet again."

Sungyeol nods to his Mom. "The pleasure is mine. I hope you're enjoying the stay."

"Of course, dear. Who wouldn't? Id rather stay here permanently than go home, but I don't think we can do that."

That caught me and Sungyeol off guard. Sungyeol's mom asked the two kids to go ahead and continue playing as she asked us to sit down.

"Your Dad heard about what happened, dear. And he's not liking it one bit."

Sungyeol held my hand under the table and I thanked him for that, cause knowing that he knows already, makes me feel like puking.

"Much as I wanted to obliged the young heir's invitation to stay longer and carry on with the plan, I decided to help you guys in a way where I really could help you. Moonsoo wanted to stay with you, but you know that kid. As long as one of us stays with your dad, he'll stay as well. He thinks he can protect us."

Mom smiles proudly to that, and I can only agree. "Moonsoo will always be supporting you, Dear. And I think he finally knows why and what could make you keep your happiness."

"Mrs. Kim, I know thi---"

"Why the sudden formality?" Mom raise an eyebrow to Sungyeol and I just smiled to that as he smile shyly.

"Auntie, I mean. What do you mean by that? Exactly, I mean."

Mom grab my hand and smile fondly. "Myungsoo will stay here. His father lose in the bet. And I'll go home to keep on reminding him that exactly. For him to move out of your way."

My eyes begun to water as I realized how my Mom will sacrifice for this.

"Your father loves you Myung... please always keep that in mind. Give him more time to digest everything that's happening between you and Sungyeol... I know he'll try to understand just to keep you."

I nod as I hugged my Mom, not letting go of Sungyeol's hand.
--
That night, I woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty. Sungyeol isn't beside me so I decided to look for the kitchen all by myself. Wishing I wouldn't get lost.

I was walking down the hallway, not minding the lights opening as soon as you walk beneath them. The mansion have the air con centralized, so it's not surprising it's cold.

When I saw the room next to Daeyeol's room opens. The lights are also on.

"That's Moonsoo's room... is he still awake?"

He went closer to the room and heard his little brother crying.

He was about to enter the room to know what was wrong, when his brother spoke.

"When you're gone... brother made sure to always ace his exam for Dad to approve his plans on migrating... he was so sad and always crying... but when he's talking to you, he's the happiest..."

"And then?"

I took a peek to see what's happening, and saw Sungyeol inside. Moonsoo was sitting on his lap while Sungyeol is only watching him as he tell him the stories. They look so cute together, that my mind travel through times, imagining what Yeol would looked like if he were to have a son.

"I decided to help him out from then on... and when his engagement was announced by father, right when Hyung was announcing his grades for the midterms, they fought real hard... hyung tried to reason out... but father always had his ears closed for reasons..."

Sungyeol stayed silent as he wait for Moonsoo to continue. Which the younger did shortly.

"We're all surprised to know... that he already knows about you and hyung... that his real reason for migrating was not because he wanted to study here... but because of you... that was when Dad cut off all ties with you and your family... he... threaten hyung... that if he won't stop talking to you, you'll get killed..."

"He said that?!" His boyfriend's eyes became dangerous.

"Yes... so hyung had no choice... but to let you go... then you met an accident... he wanted to see you so bad then, hyung... and let me tell you a secret..."

I suddenly felt nervous as Moonsoo wipe his tears away and tried to smile.

"What is it?"

"Hyung visited you... in your second day of coma... with the help of your mom... and me..  I told dad hyung was staying the night with Sungjong-hyung. Ain't I great?"

"Good job, Moonsoo... but why didn't your brother tell me about that?"

"Because it's not worth... mentioning? Since you're still sleeping... he told me how helpless looking you are despite having minor injuries... and it almost break him in two when he found out once you woke up, that you no longer remember him..."

The two fell silent and I stayed to where I am. Not caring of how thirsty I was earlier. The two most important man in my life are talking, and I know I gotta hear this.

"When I woke up... I know... I'm no longer the same person, Moonsoo..."

"Why? You became a robot?"

Sungyeol smiled and pinched the younger nose. "Cute, but no... because I know, some parts of me are missing. And as the days goes by, I slowly cope up with my memory losses... and when Myungsoo came, all the uneasy feelings vanished. Like the missing pieces are already here and just waiting to be placed back in their original positions."

"What is he for you, hyung?"

Yeol stays silent for a second before answering, and I was beginning to feel anxious... "He's my addiction. My drugs. He got me addicted in one go. All my inner demons wanted to just keep him out of attention... of everyone... I'm that selfish, Moonsoo..."

"Will you... take hyung away from me?"

Moonsoo held Yeol's cheek as he examine the older expression. And Sungyeol just held his hands back and smiles. "I won't... but may I have Myungsoo instead? If you let me have him, you'll have me as your second hyung."

Moonsoo nods and hugs Sungyeol as he tried to control his sobs.

While me, on the other hand, smiled for myself as the two most important men in my life, agreed to each other. What more could he ask for?

As I turn around, I saw Sungyeol's mom behind me. At first I got scared, but then she asked me to follow her inside the study room.

"Myungsoo.."

"Yes, Auntie?"

Her eyes started to water as she handed me a long rectangular box.

"The rings inside, are customized rings... the exact replica of my and husband's wedding bonds... I made them put your names there... I would like you guys to have it."

I stare at the box in awe then turn my eyes back to Mrs. Lee. "But--"

"I would like to apologize in advance, Myungsoo..."

"What? Why? There's nothing to be apologetic about, Mrs. Lee..."

"No. There is... Sungyeol... has a weak heart... he can't handle his heart broken... he's stupid when it comes to keeping his unit clean... he can't even crack an egg... he's a baby. Still a baby.."

I clutch on the box tighter as Mrs. Lee wipe her tears away.

"But I see no baby in him now... he wanted to fight back to anyone who will try to steal something precious from him... he was once an introvert. He loves doing things on his own, because he was raised that way. He was separated by us since he started school... he can't be transported in the main house here in Korea until he gave the elders a consistent grade... he knows when to give out the best of him, Myungsoo... he knows that so well... he loves satisfying people who believes in him...

"When he lost you before... he almost died not because of his weak heart, but because of the accident... I almost hated you... for hurting him that bad. For breaking his heart that way..."

"I'm so sor---"

She held my hand and shook his head. "Don't say sorry... but instead, promise me something..."

I slowly nods.

"Take care of Sungyeol... he's not fully capable of everything... he's still learning. But he loves you, Myungsoo... he truly loves you.."

Tears begun to fill my eyes as Mrs. Lee said those words. I bit my lips and nods as she hugged me.

"And I love him back truly, Mrs. Lee..."
--
I went out of the study and go back to Sungyeol's room.

Sungyeol was sitting on a chair near the big window while looking at the night sky. I come closer to him.

"Where have you been, Love?"

"I was... looking for water?"

"And did you find one?"

"I... can't..."

Sungyeol turn my way and gave me one sleepy grin. "There's a small refrigerator inside this room, Love... don't tell me you forgot?"

I shyly scratch my head. "My bad..."

Sungyeol stare at me and open up his arms to welcome me in it.

I lay down on top of him and let my head between his neck.

"Love, if you finish counting the stars, that's the amount of my love for you..."

I hit him on the chest and chuckle. "I can't do that... they're infinite in numbers..."

"Exactly my love for you, Love."

I hugged his waist tightly. "If you ever measured how wide the sky is... please inform me."

"Hmm? Why?"

I smiled sheepishly. "For me to know how wide my love for you is..."

He chuckled then kissed me on my forehead. "I can't believe I heard that..."

"And I can't believe I said that.. your cheesiness rubbed on me..."

"I love you so much, Kim Myungsoo..."

"And I love you too, Lee Sungyeol..."

"Promise not to leave me?"

"Yes. I won't."

"Whatever happens?"

"Whatever happens." I smiled and give him a lot of kisses.

Then the box that came from Mrs. Lee fell from my lap.

"Oh, I almost forgot!"

"What's that Myung?"

"Your mom gave me these..."

He opened up the lid of the box. "These are their wedding rings!"

"No. They're not. Those are just replicas of their wedding bonds... look inside."

Sungyeol checked the inside of the rings and broke into a smile.

"It has our name in it..."

"I know right. Aren't they cute?"

Sungyeol suddenly slid the ring with his name in it to my left ring finger...

"There. Perfect, aren't they? Put mine on!"

I smiled and do what I been told. After that, we lift our hands to the moonlight then Sungyeol held my hand and take it to his lips.

"You're mine, Myungsoo..."

"Yes I am... and you're equally mine Yeol..."

"Then and now, of course I am... don't leave me... okay? Don't hide things from me ever again... let's face everything together from now on..."

"Yes, Yeol... I will never leave you.. I will never hide things away from you again... and yes. We're in this together. From now on."

That night, I considered it the most beautiful night of my life as Sungyeol kissed me to my sleep.
--
The next day, Me and Sungyeol bids goodbye to our parents as we take our leave to go back in Seoul to attend school tomorrow. The ride was long, but worth it.

Sungjong was just coming out of our unit with Byeol and Aga's bowl. While Sowon waiting from our unit carrying Aga.

"Oh, look kids! Your parents are here!"

Aga and Byeol run towards us and I carry them both as Sungyeol held me tightly on my waist. Then went inside his unit with Aga and Byeol following him.

"Thanks for looking after them, guys." I said.

"Oh, no big deal, oppa. How was the day with the family?"

"Great, Sowon."

Sungyeol came out of our unit again with his phone between his ear and shoulder.

"Are you guys hungry?"

We just nods.

"Do you mind eating out? Woohyun's treat... but..."

"But?" We all said at the same time.

"He's kinda want it done in a bar... I think he's broken... again."

"Why? What happened?"

"Just this and that. Get changed, guys."

"Is this about Sunggyu and that guy from the other school yesterday?"

Me and Yeol turn to Sungjong.

"That guy?" Sungyeol asked.

"The guy named Key. Sunggyu-hyung was super mad! And we don't know why."

"Where are you guys yesterday?" I asked this time.

"School. Painting props. Checking for the last time. Then that guy came... clinging to Woohyun like there's no tomorrow."

". Love, get changed. Fast."

Sungyeol pulled me inside our unit.

"Why are we in a hurry?"

"Because I don't want my Best friend dead just because of Sunggyu's jealousy. Now get change."

He went back outside to remind the other two to get changed.

What the hell is going on?
--
Author's note: WooGyu Chapter ahead. :) but still on MyungYeol's POV. And if you think this is the last time I'm hurting these two, you're wrong. :3 So please subscribe and upvote. ^_^

 

I don't have time to recheck this, so sorry for everything. I have to run for choir practice now! Maybe I'll release chapter 15 today. So, anticipate it <3