10: Sowon

OTHER HALF

I Can update earlier, but not later. Enjoy! :)

--

Myungsoo's POV


The observatory that we visited is not that far from Seoul. Yeol's driver stayed on his car while we went inside the building. There are people, but it's not that many. I brought my camera with me, because I now have a chance to snap some note pictures to placed in our photo album.


"These are amazing, Yeol! There's a lot of them here! And it feels like, we can touch them!"


"I have a kid for a boyfriend, wow." he pinch my nose and look up to where I'm looking at. "You're so easy to please, Myung."


Seeing him as he watch the night sky, is taking my breath away. He shine so bright more than how the stars are shining in front of my eyes.


"I always come here whenever I'm feeling sad. Its the only place I have to feel free." I heard him say.


"You're sad? When?"


"I'm sad for no reason before... until you came. Everything makes sense."


I froze. Sungyeol's eyes on me, is searching. He's looking at me with those eyes as if he had something he's scared at.


"I need to tell you something, Myung..."


"W-what is it?"


He held my hands and he put it around his waist. His lips over my forehead as he crushed me on his chest for a tight warm hug.


"Remember the day I told you I had a dream that I lost you?"


"What about it?"


"In my dream... I was crying..."


My heart begun to tighten.


"...I was holding on to my phone as if my life is depending on it... I was crying so hard, Myung."


"And?"


"...and I don't know. In my dream, I was holding a picture. And some card. I don't know what kind of card though... and as soon as I saw it, I called you."


I know this story.


My heart is near on jumping out off it's cages and I don't know how to face him.


I know what comes after it so well.


"Then the flashes are gone..."


"Yeol..." I hugged him as tight as I could, as I keep myself still from crying.


"Are you crying, Love? That's just a dream. You made sure that I won't lose you again right?"


His warm lips over my forehead and his tight hug, means the world to me now, as I feared everything that follows this day.


"I love you, Yeol..."


"Hey, I said stop crying. That's just a dream."


"I know. But I love you. Keep your promise okay?"


"I will. If it means keeping you with me, I will."

--
That night ended up with us just watching the stars while hugging. He knows I'm cold and I can't be away from him that whole night.


It was chilly and the talk we had bother me the whole evening, but I tried so hard not to be affected.


I'm putting all the photos we took from our date in our album. I smiled because our memories continues today.


Sungjong went inside my room holding a glass of milk.


He sat down on my bed and watched me put the photos in the photo album.


"He's not having flashes that will trigger negatively right?"


"Why are you asking me that?"


"Because I'm worried Myungsoo. Worried for you and for Yeol. Because at the end of the day, letting go or holding on to this relationship you have with him, will be depending on how he will accept things."


I put down the scissor and look at him. "Do you have to remind me that every time?"


"I'm just reminding you that you lose him once before, Myungsoo. And he almost died. And you're not even there for him. How do you expect that he won't be that affected now and won't experience another accident?"


"Jong, please... not now. You're a mood killer."


"I love you, Myungsoo. You're my best friend. But Sungyeol is my cousin. And believe me when I say, that I'm on your side no matter what happens. Including his mom and Dad. And even... Dongwoo-hyung. You got us. So make everything right. That's all I asked. Because the last thing I want, is my cousin dying because of another accident."


He hugged me and I hugged him back. I know that the moment he remembers, I no longer have the control. The decision will be on Sungyeol.


"And, just so you know... Sunggyu-hyung knows. He knows Myung..."


My eyes grew wider. "What? How?"


"Because he's talking to Sungyeol that day before he crashed."


"Oh my God."


I covered my mouth and gasped loudly.


"He knows, Myung. The reason why Yeol met an accident. But you have nothing to worry about. Because he made an appointment with Sungyeol's psychiatrist and asked for the risk if he were to remember in one go. He knows that if Yeol remembers in a negative way, he'll be in trouble. He knows that the only thing he could remember is the beautiful moments."


The day his psychiatrist talked to me went inside my head like flashback.


"Let him remember the good stuff. Its his choice to remember the bad. Its up to him. His doing the remembering unconsciously."


"Did you... did you tell him anything? Details?"


"None. But he knows."


"Define 'he knows'?"


I clasped my hands together.


"About Sowon."


"."
--
Sungyeol's POV


I was monitoring the gate with Howon that day and was about to return to my office when a girl... maybe sharing the same age with Sungjong and Myungsoo is wandering around the school grounds.


My head suddenly begun throbbing, but I managed to approach her.


As she turn to my side, my heart begun to hurt.


What the hell is wrong with me?


She's giving me the exact same feeling like how Myungsoo did it on our first meeting... but this time, it hurts.


"Are you lost?"


She smiled and nod. "Kinda. I'm not actually a student here... yet."


"I know. You're not wearing a uniform."


"Yeah. Um, but I'm here to inquire. And the guard told me to go straight to the Guidance Councilor. Do you know where that is?"


I nod. She was holding an envelop. So she must be telling the truth.


"You're not Korean?"


"I'm half."


"Half what?"


"English and Korean."


"You're from?"


"UK."


"I see."


I lead her way to the guidance councilor.


But she didn't enter right away.


"Can you stay out here and wait for me please?"


"Why? Do you need anything else?"


She smiled shyly. "I'm also looking for someone. Do you mind taking me to him?"


"What's his name? Maybe I know him."


"Kim Myungsoo."


I look at her and saw a worried look from her eyes. But there's also excitement.


"I know him. I could take you to him later at lunch of you like. He's a friend of mine."


"Oh, really?! That would be great!"


"I'll come back here before lunch to check on  you. For now, ask for assistance from the Guidance Councilor."


She nods excitedly and went inside the office while I made my way back in our room.


I stopped on my tracks and feel my heart beats.


Why... am I hurting?
--
I came to get the girl earlier from the guidance councilor, and since it was still quite early, I show her around the whole campus.


"So you're a freshmen?"


"Yup!"


"You know Myungsoo from England? Are you guys friends?"


"You could say that. Anyway, this school is so huge! I could probably get lost."


I smiled to that.


I open the gate in the cafeteria. Students starts filling the whole cafeteria when we came, but I immediately saw my Other Half. Back facing the door. He's laughing along with our friends.


"Are you hungry?" I asked.


"Very! Can we eat then meet the others?"


"Yeah. They're already here. But I prefer you to order first. My treat."


"Awww... really?! Thanks! I'm a heavy eater."


"That's fine."


We approach the foods and when I already paid for her foods, she turn to me with tray on her hands.


"Where are they? And how about you? You're not eating?"


"No, I'm good. I have mine prepared."


"Why don't you have it with you?"


I just smiled. We came closer to where the others are. The first one to notice me approaching is Dongwoo-hyung, Howon and Woohyun. Dongwoo look pale as he saw me.


"Myung! Someone is looking for you."


Myungsoo turn to me. His smile faded as soon as he saw who's with me.


His face turn pale but I mistook it for happiness.


"Oppa!"


"Wh----why are you.. why..."


Sungjong stands abruptly and Sunggyu's eyes widen.


"Why are you so surprised to see me? Anyway, this friend of yours already showed me around the school, so it's okay. And by the way, I'm enrolled."


"You're.. kidding."


"No I'm not. Anyway, have you met with that Sungyeol? Have you managed to talk to him, explain and win him back?"


I stop on my way to sit beside Dongwoo and turn to the girl.


"You're looking for me too?"


She looks at me, confused. "I'm Sungyeol."


She gasped unladylike. "Y-you are... Lee Sungyeol?!"


"Y-yes. Why? You need something from me?"


"Oh my God... no way... you don't know me... means..." he turn to Myungsoo who was looking so nervous.


"You haven't told me your name yet? I was hoping Myungsoo would do the honor, but I don't think he'll do that. Anyway, I'm Lee Sungyeol. These are my friends. Dongwoo, Howon, Woohyun and Sunggyu. Tell me your name so I could introduce you. I've been helping a stranger." I say with a giggle.


"I'm... S-Sowon."


Myungsoo grab my hand but I failed to notice his hand on mine.


My world suddenly become blurry.


"That's.... alarmingly familiar." I murmur.


"Sungyeol... are you okay? What's wrong? Tell me."


As Myungsoo came closer, the dizziness I was feeling suddenly stops. I held his hand who happens to be cold. I met his eyes and smile.


"Nothing. I just find the name Sowon, familiar."


"Want me to take you to the hospital?"


"No. I'm fine. Maybe just hungry. Can we eat?"


"Of course."

--
"So, Sowon, are you Myungsoo and Sungjong's friend back in England?" Woohyun asked.


"Yes. You could say that."


"And why do you know Sungyeol?"


"B-because Myungsoo keeps on telling me stories about him."


I look at Myungsoo and he just smiled.


Something is off somewhere.


I just can't point it out.


"Myungsoo, are you okay?" I asked. Our friends turn to us. "You look... pale."


"Actually, guys..." Dongwoo says. "Can I talk to him for awhile? And to you too, Sowon."


Its my first time seeing Dongwoo looks so tense but I let it go. "Sure hyung. I better go too. Sunggyu, aren't we meeting with the Principal before  the lunch time ends?"


Sunggyu roamed his eyes around everyone on the table. He then let his gaze longer to Sowon's side. Then he stands.


"We'll get going."


He went on ahead before me and I lean to Myungsoo. "I'll see you at Topaz, Love."


He nods. I can see terror in his eyes but chose to ignore it. Maybe I'm imagining things.

--
Myungsoo's POV


"You... are not supposed to be here!"


As soon as Woohyun and Howon left the table, I snapped on Sowon who was sitting beside me.


"I didn't..."


"Yes. I know you didn't know! But still! You shouldn't be here, Sowon. You have to leave."


"No. She's not going anywhere."


We both turn our heads to Dongwoo.


"It'll be more suspicious if she leaves now. Sungyeol will continue asking. And he'll definitely ask something you won't ever find answer with."


I tried to calm down and put my head over my palm.


" Sowon. You should've at least told me that you're ing coming!"


Sungjong throw his hands up in the air. "If anything bad happens to my cousin, I won't forgive you Sowon!"


"Why are you guys so mad?! I didn't know! Okay? I didn't know that I shouldn't be here. Your dad asked me to come here to check on you!"


We all froze on that table. We're silent for awhile and she's the one who broke that silence.


"He's wondering what's taking you so long, Myungsoo. He's wondering why you're not updating him. And I hate his guts! He keeps on saying that he have given you enough time since you placed a bet on his table! We're running out of time, Myungsoo."


"We are not talking about this! Not here. And definitely not now! I won't let anyone of you hurt Sungyeol! Because the last time he got hurt by you two, he almost died."


Dongwoo slammed the table to our surprise. "We can only explain things to Sungyeol once he found out. But let him remember it on his own! His psychiatrist did told us that right now, what's happening to Sungyeol is his choice. Everything he remembers is by his choice. His unconsciousness is keeping him out of pain. He's remembering by instinct. He unconsciously knows what to remember and what not to remember. We are not allowed to make him remember by telling stories that might trigger every lost memories of his affect him negatively. You of all people, Myungsoo... you know that!"


"I know that hyung... I know that."


"You better!"


He left us there and stormed out of the cafeteria. Leaving us three in awe. The students near us are surprised to see him get so mad. Even I, as his cousin, didn't see that coming.

--
"Where will you be staying, Sowon?"


Sowon looked at me and Sungjong. We're seeing her off from the school parking lot.


"I want to stay with you... but I don't think that's okay... I might trigger something from Sungyeol-oppa"


I bit my lips. Scared because what she just told may happen. Could happen. And I'm so scared.


"Sowon, I'm sorry..."


She smiled and run her palm through my cheek. "Just do your thing, okay Oppa? I can only help if things got worst. We can never runaway from this. Whatever the outcome may be, we can't keep him away from pain. We know that."


Tears fell run down from my eyes which Sowon dried away. "What... what if... what if he doesn't listen to us, Sowon? What if he push me away?"


"We'll run after him, Oppa. I'll help you. Me and Sungjong is here to help you. Even if we avoid it, as long as we stays near him, he'll remember. We can only be with him when that happens. Reality and Past will eventually hurt him..."


"Hurt who? And why are you crying, Love?"


We both look to where the voice came from and found Sungyeol with his face on his palm watching us.


His warm smile greeted me. Oh, how I wish that could never fade...


"You promised me that you won't cry. I already told you that it hurts right?"


I nod slowly. "What are you doing there?"


"Physics class is held here... so. Why are you crying? And are you leaving, Sowon?"


"Yes, oppa. I'm starting tomorrow."


"That's good. Will you be staying with them in Topaz?"


Sowon shook her head. "I can't..."

 

"Why? Who says?"


"We only have two rooms, Sungyeol." Sungjong countered.


"Then I'll keep Myungsoo with me. You can stay with Sungjong, Sowon."


We both exchanged glances and look again to Sungyeol.


"I don't think that's a great idea, oppa." Sowon says.

"No. Its okay, really. I don't mind keeping Myungsoo with me. And wipe those tears away, Myungsoo. It hurts."


I wipe my tears away immediately. "Yeol, Sowon can stay in a hotel..."


"No, Myung. Let her stay in your unit. You're staying with me. I have more rooms to welcome you. And I've been inviting you to stay with me."


I was about to retort when Howon tap his shoulder. "Let's go, Yeol. Teacher is here."


"I'm going then... Oh by the way, Other Half...."


"What?"


I waited for him patiently as he broke a smile. "I love you." then wink.


The moment he does that, is the moment where all my worries fade away. But at the same time, guilt flows non stop in me.


And it scared me.
--
Woohyun's POV


Sowon... I feel like I've heard her name somewhere.


I just can't remember where.


Sungyeol and Howon sits beside me.


I move closer to Howon... "Howon.. don't you find that Sowon, familiar? Her name sounds familiar..."


Howon looked at me with a poker face. "I thought I'm the only one who find her familiar."


"I know right! And you know what bothers me?"


"What?"


"I feel like what I know about her is connected to Sungyeol's accident... I just can't put it to places."


Howon snap his finger. "I knew you'd said that! I'm feeling the same! I feel like she's someone related to Yeol's accident. But I can't really put it together."


"Should we ask Sunggyu?"


Sungyeol gave us a death glare and that shut us up.


Whatever it is that's bothering me, I've got the feeling that Sunggyu knows something about this.
--

Author's Note: I'm opening this story for angst from here onwards. :) I know what you have in mind...

"Who is Sowon?"

"How is she related to Yeol's accident?"

"Who is she in Myungsoo's life?"

"Who else knows about her being someone related to Myungsoo?"

"How will author end this story?"

I don't know either. HAHAHAHAHA! Kidding. Anyway, this is a bonus update. Let's just hope that Sungyeol is understanding enough, and let Myungsoo talk before they ended up parting ways again.

Bye for noooow.