~Afterstory Special~

The Pink Dormitory

~AFTERSTORY SPECIAL CHAPTER~

 

[19th April 2016, Three years after the last chapter]

 

Lights are blinking furiously at the subway, the train stopped as a huge crowd squeezed inside while the remainder tried to get out. Everyone was walking to their own paths, whether it was path back to their family or a sighing walk to work. Either way, they had their own lives to follow and that was how life worked out according to theories. But one girl took careful steps, still wearing a thick hoodie in the middle of summer while having a black mask to cover her face. Some would wonder whether she was celebrity or simply an extremely ill person, but either way there was no point being so curious about her. She walked up the stairs, passing by the underground road where posters of a popular female artist were pasted along the walls. She wanted to take a picture of it, but was afraid of attracting attention again and instead, proceeded to head out into the open air of Seoul city.

There, her phone began to vibrate. It was an incoming message from a person whom she named as "Nangni". With a smile, she opened it and it was simply a warm text telling her to be careful on her way back home, afraid that fans may recognize her because she took the public transport. The girl who was hiding behind the mask was none other than, Jung Eunji. Last year, she made a comeback with a full-length album as well as singing several soundtracks of popular dramas and trying out some acting roles along with popular actors. Her scandal was completely forgotten and buried away that was already three years-old and Eunji's popularity was already back on the rise.

On the other hand in a studio located somewhere in Gangnam, known for it's luxurious living where most popular celebrities reside is the office of famous fashion and art designer, Son Naeun who owns a company called Son.Arts and has been catching the attention of other designers all over the world. Most of her designs are now worn by not just K-pop stars but international singers as well, she had appeared on several fashion magazines for interviews, documentaries and occasionally still spent some time painting. Her old artworks were still on display at the National Art Museum for historical records, bringing honour to Korea itself in the name of art. She had been traveling a lot overseas, going to France, Sweden, China and Japan for business. Her schedules had been very packed throughout the whole year but this time, she cleared everything off because of today's important date.

"You're going straight there right?" -Naeun

"Of course~ I don't want to be late. Shall I drop by your office first?" -Eunji

"You should. I haven't seen you in awhile. I miss you." - Naeun.

"Aw, if the great Son Naeun calls for me, I shall come! ^^" - Eunji.

"Again with your cheesy lines ==" - Naeun

Meanwhile at a large theater in the middle of city, there was a huge banner pinned across which was a famed musical that attracted thousands of audiences in one seating. It was also a must-see for tourists and locals alike but what was more striking was the main actress of the entire musical that was none other than, Kim Namjoo. For the past three years, she had been making a name for herself through the musical industry. She can't count the number of works she has done, thousands of scripts she had memorized and the amount of sweat and tears yearned into building the future she had dreamed of.

She had just finished her last musical of the week, the staff were very satisfied with the outcome of the musical and everyone was celebrating the success. However, Namjoo had to politely decline her co-workers offer for an evening party because she was had something "more important" to attend. Looking at the time, she rushed out of the theatre but had to stop in front of her large group of fans who had been waiting for her. She couldn't reject their offers and decided to give a signature to each and every one of them. She stared at her watch again and immediately started running to her van, where her manager was.

"Oppa! Oppa! I'm late! Like super late! Take me there now!" said Namjoo as she hurried into her seat, hitting her manager's shoulder to drive faster.

"Okay I got it, just calm down!" sighed her manager as he stepped on the accelerators.

On the other hand at a small restaurant within the city, a familiar face was seen on the screen tucked away in the corner of the room where customers stared intensively. It was a heated game tournament of Starcraft and rising female gamer, Oh Hayoung had been on the rise lately. Her game was broadcasted through the sports channel where the whole country was watching, she was the first female gamer to enter into a national tournament, making hopes for more aspiring female gamers to join her stead. In the same restaurant itself were two girls who watched in silence, one had a coffee while the other had tea in her hands.

"I don't know what's happening but it looks cool" said Irene as she drank a sip of her tea.

"I tried playing those games once, but I never liked it. It was too complicated and I think I got a headache from it once." chuckled Chorong. She was already proud enough to see Hayoung on the screen. It has been awhile since she had met her, including all six of them and just seeing her brought a lot of familiarity and comfort to her heart. She checked her phone and noticed the time. Surprised, she stood up.

"Irene-ssi, I think we have to go now!"

"But the game hasn't even ended yet!"

"Aigoo, look carefully Irene-ssi. The game isn't live, its just a pre-recorded one." smiled Chorong as she left the restaurant with her long-time best friend. The two had been working together as teachers for three years already, they were inseperable and often shared their worries about relationships. Sometimes, Chorong would talk about Bomi while Irene would talk about Wendy. But at times, their conversations can take a 360-degree change where they started talking about house-chores or laundry, typical talk that aunties would do. Either way, they had each other's backs during lonely times and relied on each other. Going their seperate ways after reaching a turning point, the two friends said goodbye as they headed to their own paths to meet someone special and important.

At Seoul's National Gym Centre, was a long display of trophies and medals that the representative taekwondo athletes had won over the hundreds of years. Several of these belonged to female taekwondo player Yoon Bomi, who made her first appearence at the Olympics winning a silver medal. Although it wasn't a gold, it gave her an objective to improve better as she learned a lot from other opponents all over the world. She has stepped down from her position in Weekly Idol but still does appearences on variety shows when the time suits. The girl was still the same as ever, bubbly, silly and hilarious yet serious and persistant.

"I see that you're working hard, Bomi-ya." smiled Ho Dong, seeing the girl training so diligently.

"Of course sir, this time I have to get a gold medal for the Olympics!" said Bomi as she raised her feet and kicked on the dummy.

"But don't place so much pressure on yourself okay?"

"Sure thing oppa, by the way what time is it?" asked Bomi. Ho Dong pointed towards the extremely, large, obvious clock hanging at the side of the gym.

"Crap! Sorry sir, I have to leave early!" said Bomi as she didn't even notice it, quickly dashing off to the shower room before leaving.

"That girl really doesn't change." chuckled Ho Dong, amused.

As Bomi hurriedly packed her sweaty clothes inside her bag while drying her wet hair with her left hand, the girl didn't want to be late. However, she heard a knock on the glass window and turned around. Looking at the girl outside, she had a big grin painted across her tired face.

In the midst of all these, one girl is all alone by herself. Wearing thick glasses while still maintaining her short hairstyle, she occupied herself to playing games on her phone, trying to kill time. Inside the empty apartment located in Mapo, Hayoung was waiting for everyone to return home. She just woke up about 30 minutes ago, enjoying a long 12-hour sleep as she earned her well-deserved break after winning the National Game Championships that was broadcasted on television, over and over again. She realised how lonely her Chorong unnie must've felt everyday, coming back to an empty house and only having the comfort of the TV. Although her deep eyebags were still quite visible, the effects of playing video games for a long period of time, just having a mere 2-hour sleep was already a gift for the maknae.

Suddenly, the bell rang and Hayoung immediately headed towards the door. Upon opening, she smiled upon the girl who took deep breaths, it was obvious she climbed the stairs over taking the lift.

"Don't worry Namjoo unnie, you're actually the first one to arrive." laughed Hayoung as she helped to take her bag inside.

"Wait." said Namjoo, holding Hayoung's hands that prevented her from entering the house.

"What?"

"That means no one is here yet right?"

"Yeah, you know how the other unnies are always so-" 

Before the maknae could say anything else, Namjoo threw herself towards the tall girl, grabbing her face and kissing it without any hesitation while tip-toeing. The younger girl was taken by surprise yet she couldn't resist herself any longer and continued the parade of kisses that went on. The two hadn't seen each other for over a month due to their busy schedules, only meeting through the phone. Kissing at the entrance of their apartment without anyone looking, the two were inside their own bubble.

"I missed you so much Hayoung-ah." said Namjoo as she wrapped her arms around the maknae's waist.

"Me too, I kept thinking about you whenever I played my games. Sometimes i wondered whether I should name my character Namjoo too." teased Hayoung as she hugged her unnie back, feeling the warmth that enveloped in between.

"Let's go inside first, I don't want the unnies to suddenly appear and see us like this." said Namjoo as she grabbed Hayoung's hand and the two walked inside. 

"But we've seen Eunji and Naeun unnie being very intimate with each other" 

"Well, they are bold not us."

~X~

Eunji stood in front of the Son.Arts building, she had visited this place several times and it was the perfect hiding spot to run away from paparazzis and fans alike. She would always stop by here, whenever she had a small break in between her schedules to meet her loved one and chat. But there was always times where Naeun wasn't at her office because she could be somewhere else in Seoul or even overseas. Even so, visiting her office when Naeun wasn't there made Eunji happy. Seeing her works on display and even the scent of her messy office reminded her about Naeun.

"Ready to go?" asked Eunji with a smile as the door opened, where Naeun was. 

"Of course, I don't want to waste any time."

"Then, can we waste some time then?" said Eunji as she pulled Naeun's hand, dragging her back into the office.

"What do you mean?" asked Naeun confused as she sat on the chair. 

"Look at your fingers. You cut yourself again while knitting something did you?" said Eunji as she observed her delicate fingers.

"What, don't tell me you're going to nag me again?" said Naeun with a chuckle.

"No, instead-" before Eunji continued her sentence, she bent down and planted a peck onto Naeun's cheek.

"W-What was that for?" said a startled Naeun, as she touched the part where Eunji kissed.

"It's for saying that you worked hard, Naeun-ah." smiled Eunji.

"B-But you could just say it out loud than just-"

"Aigoo, your acting is still terrible isn't it? I was in Busan for two whole months and you're already holding back so much. You missed me lots didn't you? You're afraid that someone will pass by thats why you're still behaving very-" before Eunji could continue, her words were silenced by Naeun's sudden kiss. With a smile, Eunji knew the girl would be like this and instead, grabbed her face and deepened their kiss even furthur. 

The older girl knew that Naeun wanted to be extra careful as the scars from her scandal three years ago, were still healing. Whenever she visited her in the office, she knew Naeun refrained herself from doing skinship like a timid sheep. But back at the dorm, she was a different girl. She gave all her love to Eunji, sleeping with her, cuddling and teasing her with jokes. This was the real her. And what she did today, broke down the shield Naeun tried to build. Their kiss was endearing, one that longed for each other. 

"Now this is the Naeun that I know." smiled Eunji.

"It's all your fault.." pouted Naeun, her cheeks were still red.

"Let's get out of here before anyone notices." said Eunji, taking Naeun's hand as the two left the office swiftly and silently. Entering into Naeun's car, Eunji insisted on driving but the younger girl didn't trust her, saying that she would've forgotten how to drive after spending two months in Busan. Of course, this was all just a normal joke between the couple. (They do this all the time) The windows were tinted therefore, no one could see who was inside and gave the two lots of privacy, especially due to the fact that they are both celebrites now. Their destination was clear, heading to one place called home.

Meanwhile, Bomi was elated to see Chorong outside of the gym, she would've crash through the window but of course, she was sane enough to not do such crazy thing. Like an excited puppy, the girl quickly took her stuff and ran outside. She didn't bother to fully dry her wet hair nor fix her messily-worn clothes. Her image of the fearful and powerful taekwondo athlete immediately shattered as she came out, wearing sandals and a towel worn around her shoulder.

"I didn't expected you to come over unnie!" grinned Bomi widely.

"Guess you don't learn your lesson of checking your messages often. I sent you a text that I was going to come." 

"Ah, really?"

"And you're wearing your shirt backwards, seriously." laughed Chorong.

"Well, it doesn't really matter honestly. Can't really see a difference." giggled Bomi.

"Let's head home. I'm sure everyone is waiting." smiled Chorong as she hung her arm around Bomi's. She could definitely feel her define muscles after training and for some reason, it gave her a sense of security. With Bomi by her side, Chorong felt that she wasn't afraid of anything.

"It's really been awhile since I went back home~" said Bomi as she leaned her head onto Chorong's shoulder. The lovey-dovey couple walked back home, passing through dark parks where it was empty so that no one could spot them. Among all the couples, Chorong and Bomi saw each other every, single day. This was due to the fact that they weren't really seperated from each other as their jobs were in the vicinity of the city where their daily routine often consisted of eating lunch together (mostly at the gym but Bomi would often surprise her at the school and eat together), hanging out at parks in the late night and cuddling to sleep. Even though their apartment was often empty, Bomi always made an effort to return home, knowing the Chorong would be lonely but there were times she had to stay overnight at the training centre. Those were the days where Bomi felt sorry for her and wanted to make the most of their time lost together.

~X~

The Mapo apartment had been livelier than ever, with Namjoo and Hayoung around. But it became even noiser when the unnies returned, Eunji and Naeun followed by Chorong and Bomi. The family was finally reunited after many months apart from each other. As they were no longer in their late 10's, it was a party with alcohol. For the first time, the quiet house was filled with happiness and laughter. The girls chatted, updating each other of what they've been doing later, catching up things they've missed and just enjoying a good time by just being together. In front of the television that played reruns of Hayoung's tournament match as the girls ordered fried chicken through delivery, it was just like any other ordinary reunion party.

"Look at how serious your face is!" teased Bomi as she imitated Hayoung's expression.

"Unnie~~ I'm not always like that okay~~" said the maknae, shy and awkward that her unnies are watching her through the screen even though she was in front of them.

"I remember you taught me how to play that game once. What was it called again? Starcraft?" asked Eunji as she took a bite from the chicken.

"I'm surprised you remembered the name unnie. When I saw you going through the tutorial, you were almost falling asleep." said Hayoung with plenty of sarcasm.

"Hey.....you wanna die?" teased Eunji as she playfully pretended to slap Hayoung's shoulder with her oily hands.

"Just a joke unnie~ sorry~" said Hayoung with a nervous laughter.

"Omo, since when did our maknae get so bold? Are you looking for trouble?" said Chorong with a smirk.

"Uh...no I'm just-" said Hayoung, slightly taken aback by the two unnies fearful gaze.

"Probably due to the influence of a certain someone." said Naeun as she quietly ate, rolling her eyes towards Namjoo.

"Why are all of you looking at me?" said Namjoo innocently as she stopped munching her chicken halfway, uncomfortable by the stares she was recieving.

"Come on, let's not bully our maknae so much and head for a toast~" smiled Bomi as she forcefully placed a can of beer on each of the girl's hands.

"You're not drunk yet right?" teased Eunji.

With lots of laughs and jokes in between, the girls drank and drank while eating their chicken. Teasing each other was a normal thing and they obviously didn't take it seriously. But the atmosphere would sometimes get a little too high as they played games where the loser would have to drink a whole can of beer in one go. Bomi would always lose and this resulted in her, being the first one to get knocked out. Deep into the night, the six girls who started out as happy-go-lucky girls enjoying their reunion together was now a mess inside, a little tipsy and drunk and not being their usual selves. Luckily the girls were drunk in their own home, it would be a huge problem if they did this outside in the open public.

It was already past midnight and the strongest drinker, Eunji was still half-sane and simply laughed by herself. Bomi had already passed out flat on the cold floor while the maknae who couldn't hold much, quietly stared into space.

"Like I told you so many times, that stupid student kept making the same mistakes no matter how much I scolded him. Do you think he really listens to me? I swear, kids like these should be grateful that their parents are paying so much for their fees...." mumbled an angry Chorong as she banged the table.

"Okay mother, i've heard this story about five times already. I think you should go to bed first." said Eunji, deciding that taking the oldest unnie back was the safest, before she got too aggressive. But the girl refused to head inside, leaving her no choice but to carry her and carefully put her to bed. Instantly, she became a baby and mumbled herself to sleep. With a quiet laugh, Eunji smiled at Chorong, an image she had never see of her before. Walking back into the living room, Eunji laughed again speechless at the mess of drunken girls.

"I swear, they are so weak with alcohol." said Eunji as she crossed her arms, wondering how to solve this. Suddenly, she felt someone grabbing her ankle. It was Naeun. With a giggle, Eunji bent down with a wide grin, finding how cute Naeun was with her extremely red face that made her like a bright tomato.

"Carry me." muttered Naeun.

"What?" said Eunji, surprised.

"I said carry me!" whined Naeun.

"Okay, i got it, my princess." laughed Eunji as she carried the girl in her arms, bridal-style. 

"Oh~ you stink of alcohol....but still you're really cute like this." said Eunji, not being able to stop her grin.

"It's not fair that Chorong unnie gets to be carried by you.....I should too.....because I'm first place...." mumbled Naeun in between her lines.

"Yes, yes, you're always number one for me~ you should go and sleep my Nangni." said Eunji as she walked into Naeun's room shared with Hayoung, putting her to bed.

By the time she returned to the living room, Bomi was missing. The girl panicked, wondering where her troublemaker 93-line partner went only to be relieved, seeing her cuddling with Chorong. Not wanting to disturb the couple together, she was left with Namjoo and Hayoung.

"Do I carry them one by one or leave them be?' mumbled Eunji to herself. However, she noticed someone staring at her and turned her head around. It was none other than the red-faced maknae who sat on the couch, looking deeply into Eunji's eyes. formed into a pout and her expression stayed the same.

"D-Do you need something maknae?" asked Eunji.

"Namjoo unnie...where?" mumbled Hayoung.

"You drank so much alcohol that you forgot to speak properly? Cute" laughed Eunji.

"Where.....unnie....Namjoo....."

"Right there, our maknae~" said Eunji with a giggle, pointing towards Namjoo who was just sleeping on Hayoung's lap. The older girl was trying very hard not to laugh because she found it cute that Hayoung couldn't even notice something so obvious in front of her. Eunji decided to leave the two by themselves as Hayoung didn't speak anything else after feeling Namjoo's hair within her touch. The only sane girl in the house finally got to bed, like a father who was always the stronger one in the family.

~X~

The next morning had arrived and usually, on beautiful days like these would have the clear blue sky with happy, chirping birds. But that morning wasn't exactly an ideal one. The entire household was shaken, as Chorong's loud dolphin scream woke everyone up.

"Unnie, what's wrong!? Ah, my head hurts...." said Bomi, bolting up from her sleep.

"Y-Your body....." stuttered Chorong as she covered her eyes.

"Huh?" said Bomi as she touched herself wondering what was wrong. It was only then, she realized that she was .

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" screamed Bomi as she quickly covered herself in the blanket.

"What?! What happened?!" asked Eunji as the rest of the girls barged into Chorong's room.

"B-Bomi is ....." said Chorong, still shocked at what she had seen first thing in the morning.

Both Eunji and Hayoung broke out in an unstoppable laughter while Namjoo and Naeun giggled. This was indeed the most unexpected situation that had occured in their six years of living together.

"And how on earth did you get like that?" laughed Namjoo.

"She was obviously very drunk last night, don't tell me you stripped-" said Eunji.

"No way! I passed out! I don't remember a single thing at all and I don't know why I'm in Chorong's bed too!" said Bomi.

"But aren't you always sleeping with Chorong unnie?" said Naeun.

"Ah...that is true...." said Bomi.

"If Bomi unnie passed out then the only culprit who made her is...." said Hayoung as she looked at Chorong.

"H-Huh?! M-Me?! No way!" said Chorong, startled as her face turned red by just imagining herself undressing Bomi in bed.

"Well, our smart maknae is right. That's our only solution and let's keep it that way. Shall I scream to the entire neighbourhood that you stripped Bomi while you were drunk?" teased Eunji.

"H-Hey you better not!" said Chorong as she got out of bed in the flash of light.

"Unnie!!! Don't move the blanket!!" shouted Bomi as her body almost got revealed.

It was in the early hours of morning but there was already chaos. Chorong and Eunji chased each other around like kids while Bomi tried to stop them as she walked around with the entire blanket wrapped around her. She definitely looked silly wearing it, to the point where Namjoo wanted to take pictures of her. Meanwhile Naeun and Hayoung casually went back into their room as if it was a normal thing to see everyday. Sometimes you would wonder who was actually the younger ones living in the apartment.

"The unnies are doing it again..." sighed Hayoung as she climbed into her bed.

"Well, it's been awhile since they did something like that." said Naeun with a giggle.

 

Whenever these six girls were together, they are sure to create chaos that was full of happiness and laughter. Just like the colour pink, they were sweet, cute, bubbly girls where life everyday was never boring. Nothing will seperate them because their bonds are as strong as steel. Forever, Apink.

 

 

 

 

 

[The Pink Dormitory, home to girl group Oh My Girl of WM Entertainment debuted in the year 2015]

 

It was early in the morning and the eight girls of Oh My Girl just returned home, after finishing their schedule that ended at 5am. They had been very busy ever since their debut album and promotions, barely having enough sleep or finding time to eat. It was what a normal idol group would face, but it was rewarding because of the love they recieved from their fans. Especially in a wonderful dormitory gifted by their vocal trainer, Jung Eunji who finally made a comeback as a female solo artist.

"Alright girls, let's all wash up and get some sleep before our next schedule at 10am!" said Hyojung, the leader of the group.

"I doubt we're even going to sleep unnie." said Yooa.

"Well, you should at least take a shower right?" smiled JiHo.

"By the way, I recieved a message from Teacher Eunji. I'm surprised that she's awake at this hour." said Seunghee as she checked her phone.

"Really?!" said the seven other girls, surprised that they recieved a personal message from their loved teacher.

"I heard your schedule ends until 5am. I know it must be hard and sometimes, you feel like giving up but always remember that we are here for you. Not just me, CEO-nim, your managers and most importantly, your fans. I know it is tiring, but you can do it! Just hang a little longer alright my babies? P.S I'm always monitoring your performances" - Teacher Eunji

"Wow, as expected of our teacher. She's really thoughtful." smiled Jine.

"But I wonder why is she up so early in the morning?" wondered maknae Arin as she headed into her room, wanting to take a set of new clothes out of her cupboard. However, her elbow accidentally knocked one of her fan gifts into a small hole in between the cupboard and the wall.

"Oh no. Unnies! Can you help me?" said Arin, calling for help.

"What did you do this time?" asked Hyojung, immediately rushing over.

"Just dropped something...hehe..." said Arin with a nervous laughter.

"Come, let unnie get it for you." said Hyojung with a smile as she used her strength and pushed the cupboard aside. Easily, she was able to reach the fan gift that fell over however she noticed something else. Beside the gift, was a fallen photo frame. It seemed that it was there for a long time, hidden and buried away as it longed to be found.

"Hm? What's this?" said Hyojung as she picked up the photo frame that was covered in over three years of dust.

"Was this here all the time?" asked Arin.

"Not sure...." said Hyojung as she rubbed the photo frame clean and clear, making the picture clearing. Soon enough, it was visible and was a photo of six girls.

"Wait...unnie....isn't that Teacher Eunji?" said Arin as she pointed towards the familiar woman, who seemed much younger in the picture.

"You're right and isn't that taekwondo player Yoon Bomi? And....musical actress Kim Namjoo, female gamer Oh Hayoung and popular fashion designer Son Naeun?!" gasped Hyojung.

"I just got goosebumps unnie...." 

"Me too...oh my god...."

"We better show this to everyone."

"No, let's talk to the CEO about this."

"No unnie! We should show this to Teacher Eunji!"

"Let's discuss this with the others. Hey guys!"

Hyojung dashed off to the living room where the six other girls were, with the photo frame in her hand. It was bound that a secret was going to be revealed very soon.

 

 

"Perhaps secrets cannot be kept hidden forever."

 

 

 

[The picture in the photo frame]

 

 

 

 

[THE END]

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yes, this is really like the official ending of The Pink Dormitory haha. It was really a pleasure to write this wonderful story together with you guys, it was fun to read your comments and just the fact that you enjoyed reading really makes me happy! ^^ I will leave to you readers, to imagine the aftermath after Oh My Girl found the photo frame~ Thank you for going on this fun adventure together, I wrote this story with the idea of "what if Apink were not a girl group" and well, this is how it turned out! I'm planning to take a break before I start writing again, until then let's meet again in my future works! Thank you! -pinkpanda419