Chapter 36: A Chance

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 36: A Chance

Upon glancing at Seungho, Hayoung immediately placed her head on the table, hiding it in between her arms. It was clear that she wasn't didn't like his presence at all, making the girls wonder what was their relationship together.

"Hello, I believe we haven't met. I'm Hayoung's lecturer, Yoo Seung Ho." said the man as he bowed 90-degrees and reached for a handshake.

"I'm Chorong and she's Bomi. We're her guardians." said Chorong being aware of the mysterious man.

"Yes, I'm well-informed that she doesn't have parents. Now then, let's just get straight to the point." said Seungho with a sigh as he glanced at Hayoung who still placed her head down. He knew everything that happened, despite his unendearing love for Hayoung, in the end Seungho is still a teacher and held responsibility.

"Hayoung had me quite surprised today. I didn't know she was this kind of person-"

"It's not that-" said Chorong, wanting to protect Hayoung but stopped as Seungho signalled her to stop.

"I'm not saying that Hayoung is bad or anything. I believe it's right to protect someone you love. I would do the same too, if that were to happen." said Seungho, glancing back at the younger girl who still refused to look at him. The man's smile dissapeared, he was used to this kind of ignorance from the girl but didn't know it would've end up like this.

"So if you're Hayoung's teacher, are you able to help us? What will happen to her?" asked Bomi.

"That's why I came. I've already gotten everything settle out, managed to talk to the superiors, there's nothing to worry." sighed Seungho as his eyes stayed fixed to Hayoung.

"What do you mean Mr.Seungho-ssi?" asked Chorong, confused at his words. It was at that moment, the door opened and two police officers came in. They grabbed Seungho and placed his two hands at the back, handcuffing it.

"I'm the one at fault, not Hayoung. None of this would've happen if it wasn't me. She's not longer custody, because I'm the bad guy now." said Seungho with a sad smile. Upon hearing his words, Hayoung finally rose her head and looked into his eyes. The girl was confused, she didn't know why he was doing this. Was it because of love? Or was it simply the truth?

"W-Why are you even doing this? Stop it, whether it's this stupid love of yours, I will still be the same no matter what you do! So, just stop and let me surrender myself. I'm a criminal anyway!" said Hayoung distressed, she knew what was Seungho's motive since the beginning. She was quick to catch and knew immediately that Seungho would use this chance to force her into a relationship with him.

"As expected of my student, as quick as ever but today you've got the wrong answer Hayoung-ah." said Seungho with a smile, making full eye-contact towards her.

"I'm not a man that low. Making you happy is all that matters, forcing a relationship with you is an absolute no. After all, I feel like I've been pestering, stressing you a lot with this pressure I've been putting on you. I admit I was biased towards you and this resulted in jealousy among your peers. Because of me, this happened. Let me repent my sins Hayoung-ah, I want to give you a chance to live your own life freely." said Seungho as he was dragged out of the room, leaving the girls speechless as to what they've just seen. Another officer entered the room, removing the cuffs from Hayoung's wrists.

"You're free to go, Hayoung-ssi." said the man as he left.

With lots of things running across her mind, Hayoung was mentally unstable as tears gushed out from her eyes. She didn't know what to do, this was all too sudden and psychologically painful. 

"Let's go home Hayoung-ah." said Chorong carefully in a comforting voice as she gently rubbed Hayoung's tears away.

"It's been a long day. Let's forget whatever that happened just now alright?" said Bomi as the two girls decided that it was best to head home. It hurt their hearts to see their beloved maknae in so much pain. Hayoung refused to move from her seat, she still had a will to stay behind and atone for her actions. Knowing her stubborn self, the unnies had to do what was needed. Due to exhaustion, Hayoung had lost most of her strength and didn't have the power to fight back against the powerful Bomi who forcefully carried her onto her back. Finally getting out of the station and walking along the pathway back home under the night sky, all that could be heard was Hayoung's silent cries. The girl covered her face in between Bomi's hair, wrapping her arms tightly around her neck as she slowly cried herself to sleep.

"Do you want to take a break Bom-ah?" asked Chorong, worried.

"I'm fine unnie. I'm not called an athlete for nothing. I wouldn't mind carrying you as well." grinned Bomi.

"Bom-ah, stop joking around in a situation like this...." frowned Chorong. It was clear in her eyes that she was worried about their maknae. Knowing the girl, she was the type that kept a thousand of thoughts in her mind.

"Sorry unnie....I wanted to lighten the mood a little....." pouted Bomi.

"It's alright Bom-ah, seeing Hayoung sleeping soundly brings an ease to my heart." said Chorong with a light smile.

"Well, we don't really know what happened in between. I guess I'll have to interrogate Namjoo tommorow."

"I'm more surprised at the fact that Hayoung never told me about her love problems at school..."

"There are always secrets behind lies." sighed Bomi as she looked up at the dawn sky. 

By the time the girls reached home, it was already past 2am. They carefully placed Hayoung to bed before going to sleep. It had been a long day for everyone, Chorong and Bomi especially were exhausted to the point that they didn't sleep with each other for the first time. 

~X~

A new day had arrived in The Pink Dormitory and as usual, everyone had to go their seperate ways due to their different schedules. However, each of the girls took a peek inside Hayoung's room to check on her before leaving. Chorong had insisted on staying behind to take care of Hayoung but Namjoo protested, knowing how much Chorong had sacrificed for them and didn't want her to lose her job in a jokingly manner. In the end, the older girl trusted Namjoo and left for work.

Skipping a few lectures and rehersals didn't really matter to Namjoo, despite being the main actress. She did have a lot of worries whether she could perform well but all of this vanished, the only thing that was on her mind is Hayoung. For the whole morning, Hayoung did not wake up at all. With plenty of time in between, Namjoo looked through her scripts again while keeping an eye on the sleeping girl and eating a sandwich she bought at the convinience store downstairs. Multi-tasking was good, and that was exactly what she did.

It was not until noon arrived that Hayoung finally woke up. Her eyes blinked upon the sunlight that speared into the window as her visions became clear of where she was.

"Namjoo....unnie?" mumbled Hayoung, finally grasping her sense.

"You're finally awake. Did you have a good sleep?" said Namjoo as she placed her script down and headed towards her.

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Wow, is that the first question you ask after going through all that?"

"It's always you first, unnie. Nothing else." smiled Hayoung.

"Thank you. But you should be worried about yourself too. Come, let's wash up. I need to change your bandages." said Namjoo as she carefully pulled Hayoung out of the bed as the two headed into the bathroom. Carefully, Namjoo pulled Hayoung's tattered shirt from yesterday upwards, revealing her body. This was normal, the two had showered together many times so there was nothing to be embarrassed about.

Sitting down on a stool, Namjoo carefully rubbed and cleaned parts of Hayoung's body that was covered in bruises.

"Will you promise to never fight again?" said Namjoo as she looked directly into her eyes.

"But unnie, if I can't fight then how am I suppose to- OUCH!" shouted Hayoung as Namjoo placed force against one of her wounds.

"I said will you promise to never fight again?" asked Namjoo again. She was serious, her expression remained unchanged.

"....I won't fight again....." mumbled Hayoung as she tried to avoid eye-contact.

"Hayoung-ah, I don't like fights. I don't like violence. The thing I hate the most in the world is watching someone I love get hurt."

"I know that unnie....."

"Then, don't do it again. I love you but I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't...."

After Hayoung's words, there was a long silence in between as Namjoo quietly cleaned the wounds. For a moment, Hayoung stared at her. The girl suddenly smiled and laughed quietly.

"What? Why are you laughing?" asked Namjoo confused.

"No, it's nothing. I've never seen Namjoo unnie this serious before."

"What-I'm like that because of what you've done! Look at your wounds, I have to be very-" Namjoo's words were silenced upon Hayoung's sudden peck on the lips.

"Sorry unnie." said Hayoung with a smile. 

"After thinking for awhile, I realised we don't always have time like this to ourselves since we're always so busy."

"Stop moving, I need to clean your wounds properly." said Namjoo with a laugh, playfully ignoring her words.

"Unnie...."

"Fine, this is what you want right?" said Namjoo as she grabbed Hayoung's face and kissed her lips. With a smile, the maknae pushed the kiss furthur as the two girls deepened. It was kiss that made up all the moments that they had missed with each other, two girls who kissed in the bathroom, all under an empty roof of the pink dormitory.

~X~

Meanwhile at Chorong's workplace, work went on as usual as she had several classes that day. She would occasionally meet Irene along the hallway and the two would greet briefly before heading on. But Chorong had wondered about Wendy who came to visit her yesterday and pondered whether to tell Irene or not. Luckily, the girl managed to spot her same-aged friend resting on a bench in the school garden.

"Been a tiring day has it, Irene-ssi?" asked Chorong as she sat down.

"Oh, Chorong-ssi! You seem much more tired than me, I can see your eyebags clearly. Have you not been getting enough sleep?" asked Irene who looked worried. Her hands proceeded to reach her cheek, gently touching it as she examined her eyebags.

"Well, let's not talk about that. Irene-ssi, I want to ask you something." smield Chorong as she casually placed Irene's hand away from her cheek. She took note of Wendy's words that Irene liked skinship a lot.

"Sure, ask me anything."

"Do you know who Wendy is?" Irene's eyes grew bigger upon hearing that question.

"Wendy? You mean Seungwan?"

"Yes."

"How did you know about her?"

"She came to visit me yesterday..I thought it was a little random but she told me that you like skinship a lot?" said Chorong carefully.

"Ah......" said Irene as she broke into a soft laughter.

"Hm? Is there something funny?"

"No..I find it cute that Wendy got jealous just because I boasted about having such a great friend like you." said Irene with a giggle.

"Huh? But isn't she your sister? Why would she get jealous?"

"Chorong-ssi. I trust you a lot as a friend so I'm going to tell you something very important that you must not tell anyone else. It will stay only between us alright?" said Irene as she suddenly turned serious.

"Alright. I'll promsie to not tell anyone."

"The truth is......I'm a lesbian.......and Wendy is too........so we're kinda dating.......in a sense......" said Irene nervously and shyly, as she tried to avoid eye contact. Upon hearing her words, Chorong simply broke into a laughter.

"C-Chorong-ssi! Is being a lesbian funny?" said Irene, shy after confessing herself.

"No, no. I'm totally fine with it. There is nothing to hide about, love is the same anyway. So Wendy secretly came to find me, lied to me, and instead wanted to check me out if I was romantically interested in you? How cute." said Chorong as she laughed again.

"She gets jealous easily but she's always hiding her true feelings. Thanks for telling me that Chorong-ssi. Oh but don't worry, I don't harbor any feelings for you as in romantic feelings but you know as a friend-"

"I know. Don't worry Irene-ssi." said Chorong with a smile. For a moment, it was as if all of her thoughts scattered away. A misunderstanding had been cleared and she no longer had to worry over things. Even though Irene had confessed herself, Chorong was still too shy to admit herself towards her only same-aged friend whom she trusted. She didn't feel comfortable sharing her relationship status to anyone yet, it didn't exactly felt right for her.

~X~

At the same place, Bomi had now taken time off from her usual variety show filming and is busy practicing for her upcoming taekwondo competitions. Although becoming an MC had changed her life, nothing would've started without her career as an athlete. She still maintained the same mindset as before, she loved taekwondo and it was still her passion until today. She met up with her fellow athletes and coaches whom she hadn't met in a while and did a few sparring matches to warm herself up.

"Wow, you still haven't lost your touch Bomi-ya! And I thought you would've forgotten everything after appearing on TV." said Bomi's coach as he sparred with her.

"Uncle, don't say that! No matter what, taekwondo is still number one!" said Bomi as she tossed a punch towards the bag that her coach was holding.

"Hey, you shouldn't call me Uncle!" said her coach jokingly. However, Bomi and her coach's reunion was short-lived as they were interrupted by a fellow who came inside the gym.

"Sorry guys. Coach, Bomi, I think you might want to see this." said the fellow with a serious face as he handed over a tablet that showed a news article.

~X~

Eunji's schedules were getting emptier as her promotions were reaching towards the end. For Eunji, she was happy because the company had granted her a one week holiday before she proceeded to work on her next album. Her schedule for today was simply a live radio broadcast scheduled to air in the afternoon. The girl had revised her scripts provided by the staff and listened carefully to the procedures.

Just minutes before the radio went live, her manager had signalled her to come over. His face certainly did not look pleasant.

"Yes oppa? What's wrong?" asked Eunji.

"Look at this." said her manager as he showed her a news article uploaded on the Internet.

"Artist Jung Eunji and Taekwondo Athlete Yoon Bomi Spotted Outside A Police Station?"

"Oh crap...." sighed Eunji as she facepalmed herself.

"You have a lot of questions to answer later." said her manager as he sighed.

"Sorry oppa. I'll tell you everything once this is over."

"No Eunji. The DJ is definitely going to ask you about this. It's not written in the script but they will ask you no matter what because it's now number 1 searched on Naver."

"Oh god. Okay oppa. I got this. Don't worry." said Eunji as the staff signalled her to come in.

"Jung Eunji, be careful with what you are going to say. This is a live broadcast." reminded her manager.

"I know oppa. I know." said Eunji as her smile dissapeared. With heavy steps, the singer walked inside the studio and took a deep breath.

"Keep calm Jung Eunji. Keep. Calm. You can do this." mumbled Eunji to herself as she sat down.

The moment she sat down, the red lights which indicated "AIR" and the radio broadcast was now live.

 

[END OF CHAPTER 36]

 

A/N: How will Eunji handle this scandalous news? What will become to Seungho? Thank you reading and subscribing! Sorry for the long wait and I apologize because I will not be update for the next 1-2 weeks due to finals >< But once it's over, I will be updating as soon as I can! (and I'm planning longer chapters hehe)