Chapter 22: Tears

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 22: Tears

"Amnesia?" asked Namjoo, as she began to frown and worries began to flood her mind.

"Through the results shown through the PET scan, Hayoung has been suffering from long term-amnesia. I'm not sure how long this has been going on but, it's amazing how she didn't seem to suffer from any side effects. Have you noticed anything strange behavior?" questioned the nurse.

"Behavior?" Namjoo immediately tried to run through her memories, searching every bit of detail whenever she was with Hayoung. The times they spent at school, at the dorm, their conversations together, has there ever been a time Hayoung seemed peculiar? It was then, Namjoo remembered something. There was a day where Hayoung said that she wasn't feeling well and wanted to leave school early. She had told her that she had a severe headache. There was also another case where Hayoung suddenly held her head as if there was something painful, but the maknae said that it was nothing and simply reasoned that she didn't get enough sleep. Perhaps these were all hints that Hayoung had been hiding from her? Namjoo didn't understand, why didn't she just tell her that she was in pain? Did Hayoung not trust Namjoo?

"Anyways, her amnesia won't really have much effect on her unless something occurs the pain such as a memory from the past. She should wake up soon." said the nurse with a smile as if to comfort the worried girl, walking away.

Namjoo on the other hand, was conflicted with her thoughts. She felt betrayed, frustrated, angry. She had always tried to be the best unnie for Hayoung the moment she met her, years ago and wanted to best for her. Without even noticing, tears rolled down her cheeks as the girl looked at Hayoung who was still deep in her sleep. Luckily, her fever had subsided and her breathing was back to normal. Namjoo could only sit and stare at the girl who hurt her feelings. She stared at her phone and wondered why the unnies didn't reply her message. With a sigh, she pulled a chair besides the bed, and placed her head next to Hayoung's. Looking at her, until she fell asleep due to the long, tiring day she had.

~X~

Meanwhile, at the Sojin's watch shop.

"I'm afraid that if I tell Hayoung that she has amnesia, it will hurt her instead. The effects of amnesia is very painful, especially if she tries to recalls memories from the past." said Sojin as her face stiffened.

"So are you saying, you weren't planning on telling Hayoung anyways? That's why you gave her an impossible mission of winning at some stupid dance competition because she can't win? You're messing a young child's heart! If you raised her, shouldn't you at least be aware of how hardworking she is, to the point she has succumbed to a high fever!" growled Eunji as she stood up, her hand was about to reach Sojin but was stopped by Naeun.

"Stop it, Eunji-ya!" said Chorong as she pulled Eunji back to her seat. This was the first time she had seen Eunji this furious, but this only meant that Hayoung meant a lot to her, as if she was her own daughter.

"I did this to stop Hayoung from dancing. I want her to realise that this is not the future she is looking for."

"Isn't that a bit cruel? I understand your point but, this is Hayoung's choice not yours." said Chorong calmly and carefully.

"You're still hiding something, aren't you?" asked Naeun who felt suspicious, as it didn't make much sense. Sojin could only sigh and avoid eye contact with the girls. For a moment, there was silence however Eunji couldn't bear it any longer.

"Don't do it, unnie." whispered Naeun.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna be violent. Trust me." said Eunji as she stood up, looking at the much older girl who turned silent.

"I don't know what you know about Hayoung but I've raised her longer than you have. She is someone who would do anything just to get what she wants. What you are doing is inhumane, disgusting. I can't be wasting my time talking to you, I need to know where Hayoung is. I didn't come here to chit-chat about her history or whatever. Her past doesn't matter, all that matters is the present." said Eunji as she began to storm off towards the door. As expected, Busan girls were sharp on their tongues.

"If she continues to dance-" Those words made Eunji's movements to a halt.

"She will only suffer more. Dancing is part of a childhood memory and the more she delves furthur, the more pain she will suffer. That's why I'm doing this. I'm doing this to protect her."

"Well, let me tell you that what you are doing to protect her is wrong. I'm doing this my way. I don't care, Hayoung needs to know. Even if it brings her pain, this is the only way that will free her. You cannot run away from the past." said Eunji as she left the shop in which Naeun ran after her, leaving Chorong and Bomi behind. Eunji's words sparked something in Sojin's head, it gave her something to think about and consider.

~X~

Naeun followed after Eunji who stormed off angrily, walking along a path that lead to nowhere.

"Unnie. Unnie! Where are you going?" asked Naeun who ran after her, holding onto her hand.

"To where Hayoung is." replied Eunji who turned around to see the younger girl beside her.

"You know where she is?"

"Check Namjoo's text. Are you coming along?" Naeun simply nodded as the two held their hands, and walked towards the direction of the nearby clinic.

"I've never seen you that angry before...Eunji unnie..." said Naeun carefully. Eunji simply looked at the younger girl's worried expression as her stiff face turned into a smile.

"That's what you call acting Naeun-ah." said Eunji as she broke into a giggle.

"Huh? What?" said Naeun who felt dumbfounded.

"You're cute when you're like that." laughed Eunji as she pinched Naeun's cheek, finding her lost expression adorable.

"Wait-you mean, that was all an act? Really?!"

"I do admit I was kinda angry just, not so much. Honestly, that lady is a bit crazy so I wanted to get out of there fast." confessed Eunji with a smile. Naeun felt really dumbfounded as if she had been fooled. The younger girl just stared at her, fascinated at her acting abilities.

"Okay sorry, sorry. You're probably surprised right? Here." said Eunji as she swiftly moved her lips onto Naeun's cheek and grinned.

"My apologies. All good?" asked Eunji as she hung her arm around Naeun's shoulder.

"Y-Yeah..." said Naeun, slightly taken aback by her surprise kiss.

"Then, let's go to where Hayoung is."

Chorong and Bomi were left alone with Sojin, who seemed quiet for awhile after Eunji was gone. The older girl nudged Bomi and signalled that they should probably get going too, especially with Eunji's behavior like that.

"Um, sorry unnie...we should probably get going as well. Thank you for telling us about Hayoung, we appreciate it a lot..." said Chorong carefully as she bowed while also forcing Bomi to bow as well.

"T-Thank you! We will get going now!" said Bomi as the two walked towards the door but their movements stopped after Sojin told them to wait.

~X~

It had been almost two hours since Hayoung last fainted in the middle of Hongdae street and soon enough, she became concious again. Slowly, her eyes opened and at first, a sharp pain went though her head. With a silent groan, the maknae felt something heavy on her stomach as she looked forward only to see Namjoo sleeping. Just at the sight of her unnie, Hayoung went into a state of nervousness and fear. Looking around and the tubes attached to her, it was obvious she had been admitted to the hospital. She knew that her condition wasn't well and eventually, she would collapse but for some reason, looking at Namjoo brought her relief as if she hadn't seen her in years. This was the longest Hayoung had been seperated from her unnies and she was afraid of the actions she had done. Suddenly, Namjoo moved and Hayoung quickly shut her eyes to pretend that she was still asleep.

Namjoo woke up from her sleep and checked on Hayoung, whether she was awake. Noticing that the younger girl still hadn't woken up, she sighed.

"Please wake up soon Hayoung-ah....stop making your unnie worry so much to the point that I might get a heart attack...." mumbled Namjoo as she continued to stare at the maknae who pretended to sleep, hearing everything she said.

"I won't get mad or beat you so please, just wake up. Stop running away, stop hiding, stop suffering all this pain by yourself. Why can't you learn that there is always an unnie right here to help you? Why can't you realise that I love you so much?" Hearing Namjoo's sudden confession, Hayoung's heart began to beat rapidly. As she could hear everything, she was surprised while trying to close her eyes tightly. But it was then, she could feel a tear drop on her hand. Namjoo was crying, again.

The thing that Hayoung hated the most was seeing her unnies in pain. Hearing Namjoo's quiet sobbing hurt the maknae's heart but yet, she didn't want to open her eyes. She was scared to face her unnie who had confessed herself after all she had done. The younger girl was conflicted, she slightly moved her fingers feeling uncomfortable to hear Namjoo cry. It was then, the maknae had decided her thoughts because the things she was doing, was hurting the unnies that she loved.

Namjoo who wiped her tears suddenly felt something touching her hand. Although her vision was blurry due to her wet eyes, Hayoung was finally awake. The younger girl stared at her, gently wiping her tears and holding onto her cheeks. 

"Don't cry unnie." said Hayoung with a smile. Even though she smiled, deep inside Hayoung was afraid. She cannot run away anymore, she cannot hide anymore.

"Hayoung-ah..." said Namjoo, unsure what to say to the maknae who had finally awaken.

"I'm sorry unnie." said Hayoung as she lightly pulled Namjoo's head onto her lips, gently touching it, forming a kiss. She had heard Namjoo's confession earlier, and this was her answer. Namjoo was surprised at Hayoung's sudden behavior but, she didn't pull herself away from the kiss. As it was her first kiss, the older girl blushed.

"W...What are you doing Hayoung-ah? Did the fever get you?" stuttered Namjoo after Hayoung pulled away her lips, her hands still touching her head.

"I heard everything unnie."

"Huh?"

"You love me. Right?"

"......." Namjoo didn't know that Hayoung listened to her random mumbles and felt embarassed. To think that her confession, turned out like that, she wanted to hide.

"it's okay unnie. I feel the same way too." said Hayoung with a smile as she wrapped her arms around Namjoo. As she was on the bed while Namjoo stood up, Hayoung snuggled her head between Namjoo's torso, feeling the warmth within and also hearing her quick heartbeat. The older girl stayed frozen, still unable to respond to Hayoung's words.

"Don't cry ever again unnie. Don't ever let me see you shed tears ever again. Because I love you too, you can't do that to me."

But it was too late, Hayoung's confession wasn't just heard by Namjoo. Eunji and Naeun who arrived at the ward heard her confession too. The two witnessed the scene of Hayoung who hugged Namjoo whose tears still fell.

"Hayoung-ah!" said Eunji, interrupting their moment as to her, this didn't really mattered. What mattered was what Hayoung had done. With heavy steps, the unnie walked inside the ward towards Hayoung who turned around. Her eyes shivered upon the sight of Eunji. Fear enveloped her body, she didn't know what to do.

Before Hayoung could react, Eunji lifted her hand up.

[END OF CHAPTER 22]

 

A/N: Hajoo's confession! But, what is Eunji going to do to troublemaker Hayoung?! Thank you for reading and subscribing! I'll see you in the next update coming soon~ ;)