Chapter 27: Restart

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 27: Restart

The girls gathered and sat in a circle on the wooden floor of Chorong's house, it was quiet and calm as they were patient, understanding. Bomi held Chorong's hands gently, letting the older girl take her time to explain herself. They had a lot of questions to ask their unnie, it was only a matter of time before everything was answered.

"I'm going to Greece later in the month...for two years." said Chorong carefully, knowing that this will bring shock to her dongsaengs at her absurb decision.

"Did you leave your job because of this Greece thing?" asked Eunji in which Chorong shook her head.

"I decided to resign because I couldn't stand the pressure and stress anymore. Work was very tight and even more, my father recently passed away. I just...can't do it anymore..." said Chorong trying to hold back her tears, remembering her late father.

"It's okay unnie, we understand." said Namjoo.

"I felt that I needed a break. I felt that I need to restart everything and start anew. That's why, I've applied for a voluntary programme of two years in Greece. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before hand." said Chorong as she placed her head down.

"B-But two years?!" said Hayoung, slightly taken aback.

"I want to start everything all over again, learn new things, experience something different, i feel that this is the best way for me." confessed Chorong.

"Unnie is currently sufferring from depression. She told me just now." said Bomi who helped Chorong deliver words that she couldn't.

There was silence after Bomi's words, it took time to digest everything. of course they were worried but if this was what Chorong has decided, they support her ideas even though they will be seperated for two years.

"But..you will come back right?" asked Naeun.

"When I've become better, I will. Promise." smiled Chorong. She was glad and relieved that the kids listened to her well, understanding her situation without any objections. Although she felt guilt at her own selfish decisions but because of Bomi, she wanted to look through the views of others as well. 

"Promise us, unnie. That you will come back." said Bomi as she placed her pinky finger forward. The other girls followed as well, wanting to stamp the promise they made on that very day. Chorong only smiled and replied, "Of course." placing her pinky promises with all five fingers. It was then Bomi playfully messed everything, shoving her fingers in front of the others. Eunji joined in as well, teasing Chorong as she jokingly said that her pinky promise was not done properly. It was then Namjoo whispered something to Hayoung who then passed the message to Naeun, Eunji and Bomi. The last reciever that was Bomi winked back at Namjoo and signalled to do the plan.

"Unnie, don't you know how much the girls have been missing you?" asked Bomi with a pout.

"I must be really loved..." said Chorong, shyly.

"Who told you to dissapear without a word anyway?" said Eunji.

"That's why, here's your punishment!" grinned Bomi as she leaned and hugged Chorong, following the four other girls who collapsed on top of Chorong, hugging each other tightly.

"I..can't breathe..." said Chorong, held back by the weight of five girls.

"Say you're sorry." grinned Bomi who was the first one on top of Chorong, followed by Namjoo, Eunji, Namjoo and Hayoung.

"Sorry...let me go?" Bomi shook her head in disapproval.

"You're either gonna kiss me directly on the lips now or give each and every one a kiss on the cheek." said Bomi with a mischievious smile.

"Unnie, i didn't say that!" whispered Namjoo, taken aback at her plan which backfired. Chorong who was speechless had her face all red. She quickly closed her eyes and leaned her head forwards, placing a quick kiss on Bomi who was already ready with her lips in front of her.

"Happy? Let me off...." sighed Chorong as everyone got off her.

"Hey, this wasnt't supposed to be some flirting session Bomi-ya." said Eunji, hitting her same-aged friend.

"I mean it's not like Chorong unnie would kiss all of-" Before Bomi could continue her words, Chorong stood up and kissed Eunji on the cheek. Even when a second hasn't passed, the older girl quickly placed kisses on the other four girls cheeks including Bomi before hiding in a corner, covering her face in a pillow.

"Did Chorong unnie hit a head somewhere? Why is like this?' joked Eunji with a laugh, while pointing her finger towards the embarrassed older girl.

"I can't believe...Chorong unnie kissed me...." said Namjoo in shock, still holding her hand over her cheek.

Bomi only laughed, finding the whole situation funny and Chorong's actions cute. Indeed, it really made her wonder that these were the few unique perks of the girl she fell for. She definitely didn't regret it, she decided that she was going to be with Chorong forever in her life, no matter what.

"I-I felt guilty so I thought I should do all of it....happy now?" stuttered Chorong, her face still red as she turned around.

"Apology accepted." grinned Bomi. The other girls nodded along in agreement, kissing is probably Chorong's worst nightmare and the best punishment they could ever think of.

~X~

It was soon night and Chorong's mother returned home. It was at that moment, Bomi was suddenly at her best behaviour, politely bowing and had very good manners which almost had everyone laughing. The girls spent the night eating dinner prepared by Chorong and her mother, talking about things that they had missed and of course, drinking. Hayoung and Namjoo were still underaged and simply replaced alcohol with orange juice.

It was amazing for the maknaes to see their unnie's drunk personalities for the first time, in which Hayoung sneakily recorded the whole scene so that she could show it to them tommorow when they were sober. Naeun and Bomi didn't drink much as they felt it was proper not to overdrink at someone's house, especially when an older adult was around. Eunji however, drank as much as she could, enjoying her sips. They were surprised at how much Eunji could drink whereas Chorong would begin talking nonsense.

"You know, I think this tastes pretty great..." said Eunji as she stared at Naeun.

"I think you should stop unnie...." said Naeun, slightly worried as Eunji starting to form her lips. The younger girl was confused but suddenly, Eunji grabbed Naeun's face and kissed her.

"W-What are you doing unnie?!!" said Naeun, flustered at Eunji's actions. She pushed Eunji away, embarrased however the drunken girl crawled towards Hayoung who didn't notice anything as she was using her phone.

"What game are you playing?" smiled Eunji.

"It's called-" Before Hayoung could reply, Eunji suddenly kissed the maknae on the cheek.

"Unnies, i think Eunji might have a habit of kissing people when she's drunk...." said Namjoo as she hid behind Naeun, not wanting to be the next victim of kissing.

"U-Unnies! H-Help!!!" shouted Hayoung as she couldn't escape from Eunji who suddenly kissed her everywhere from her cheek to her forehead and her neck, only to be stopped by Naeun as the others simply laughed. While Naeun tried to handle Eunji's drunk antics, Bomi was dying halfway listening to Chorong's story again and again. She wanted to leave but the older girl grabbed her by the hand and stopped her from going anywhere.

"Like I said, that lady in my office was really annoying. She treats me like I'm some kind of robot, only giving me work. She doesn't even ask me if I'm alright or asks whether I can do it." mumbled Chorong, still holding a cup of alcohol in her hands.

"I know, i know. I get it but unnie, let's go the bed." said Bomi, calmly.

"No! You have to listen to this! That lady in my office..."

"Oh my god help me." sighed Bomi as her ears would probably bleed if she heard the same story for the tenth time.

It was a long, rough night for the four girls as they had to handle drunk Chorong and Eunji at the same time. They had to avoid Eunji's attack of kisses whilst trying to convince Chorong to go and sleep otherwise, she would repeat the same story over and over again. The dongsaengs did a pretty good job as within two hours into the night, the drunken unnies were fast asleep.

As the Chorong's home was extremely cramped and barely had any space, the girls hugged each other to sleep. The four girls played rock, paper, scissors and the loser, Hayoung had to sleep in Eunji's arms while smelling the remaining alcohol scent coming from . It had been a long day, the girls were tired travelling all the way to Chuncheong and had quite the rollercoaster experience since the dissapearence of Chorong. Now that everyone was here, safe and sound, everyone could finally sleep in peace.

~X~

The next morning had arrived and the fresh scent of morning air entered through the house. As it was the countryside, sounds of chirping birds were their alarms instead of the usual, annoying cackling crows in the city. The girls woke up to the scent of food prepared by Chorong's mother. 

"Oh...why do I feel dizzy?" groaned Eunji as she woke up, feeling light-headed from last night's drink.

"You really stink of alcohol...seriously..." sighed Hayoung as she removed her arms that were wrapped around Eunji, freeing herself from the poisonous scent.

"Wait, why do you have lipstick marks on your face?" asked Eunji, realising Hayoung's angry expression at her.

"That was your doing..." pouted Hayoung as she crossed her arms.

"I swear, last night was a disaster unnie." said Namjoo as she stretched her arms, looking at Chorong and Bomi who were still asleep, hugging each other beside her.

"Let's leave them be and eat breakfast first." smiled Naeun as she whispered to Namjoo.

"Good idea. Let's go unnie." said Namjoo with a smile. The girls were considerate and understanding towards Chorong and Bomi. Knowing the younger girl who hadn't seen her loved one for ages, would want to be in her arms forever.

It didn't take long before Chorong woke up, realising that everyone was staring at them while eating breakfast. Embarrassed, Chorong quickly pushed Bomi away, waking her up. What made it worst was that Chorong's mother was watching too, however she only smiled and found it cute.

"W-Why didn't you wake us up?" scolded Chorong.

"You seem to enjoying yourself, so we were being very considerate to not disturb you unnie." grinned Eunji cheekily.

"What's for breakfast?" smiled Bomi, not caring about the situation. Being watched didn't bother her at all. Soon enough, the girl was already stuffing with bread, asking Chorong to eat as well.

"Don't you feel embarrassed Bom-ah?" whispered Chorong as her heart continued to beat quicker than ever. She was at a mental breakdown as to what her mother would think of them, or even finding out about their relationship.

"What do you mean?" asked Bomi innocently, not noticing anything. She then proceeded to casually greet Chorong's mother and ate again. Chorong could only sigh as she quietly ate her food.

"Well, you girls enjoy your breakfast. I'll be going to work now." said Chorong's mother as she left the home, not once talking about the situation that happened.

Chorong sighed in relief as her mother left while the other four girls besides Bomi laughed out loud. They were definitely enjoying it, seeing the unnie who used to be very scary and controlling was now nothing but a shy, cute little girl afraid of getting caught. It was fun to see these sides of Chorong, the girl who didn't come out of her shell often.

After everything had calmed down, there had been a question that was lingering in Chorong's mind.

"When are you guys going back to Seoul? It will be Monday tommorow and..." asked Chorong.

"Well, WHEN are you coming back to Seoul? You still have one month before you go to Greece right?" asked Namjoo.

"I'm staying here girls, i'll be taking care of my father's grave and looking after my mom. I'd like to spend the moments with my mother that I couldn't with my dad."

"So, you aren't coming back with us?" asked Hayoung.

"I'm sorry. But I'm not." answered Chorong.

"But that means...we don't have a caretaker anymore..." said Namjoo.

"What are you saying? You girls are definitely old enough to take care of yourself. In fact, you should stop relying on me and try to be more independent."

The girls stayed silent, her words made sense but still, they were like children who didn't want to leave their mother.

"Don't worry. I'll come right back in two years time. It won't be that long, I promise." smiled Chorong, always amused whenever the kids listened to her.

Although it was still hard to look at the reality, Chorong had decided on her new path of life and everyone accepted it. It wasn't something they could avoid, it was for the better. If two years in Greece, would make Chorong realise something and repair her health, they couldn't stop her. It was difficult for the girls to leave Chuncheong, they wanted to spend lots of time with Chorong although the older girl had insisted that she would still meet her at the airport one month later. But, these girls were inseperable. Even though they were far apart from each other no matter the distance, the couple rings that hung around their fingers would always remind them that they were not alone. It was the bond forged between these six girls, that they will eventually meet no matter how long it takes.

Soon enough, one month had passed very quickly. The girls had been busy studying and taking their exams whether it was high school or college, it was the examination season. Immediately once the exam was over, the girls rushed and took the bus together to the Incheon airport. They were nervous and anxious, the girls hadn't met Chorong in a month and Bomi especially, had quite a hard time adjusting to it.

"Are you ready Bomi-ya?" asked Eunji comforting Bomi while hanging her arm around her shoulder.

"This day was going to come anyway." sighed Bomi.

"Long distance relationships work out too, unnie." said Hayoung.

"Surely you can video-call her whenever she's free. Don't worry about it." said Namjoo.

It was then, the bus stopped at the Incheon Airport station. The five girls looked at each other as they held their hands together, knowing that this would be the last time they would see Chorong unnie until the next two years. With one step forward, they were getting nearer to where their unnie was, who was once known as their caretaker.

 

[END OF CHAPTER 27]

 

A/N: It's finally happening, D-Day! Will Bomi be able to cope this reality that is happening? What's gonna happen when the girls aren't with Chorong anymore? Thank you for reading and subscribing! See you in the next chapter soon~ ;)