Chapter 28: Two Years

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 28: Two Years

Incheon Airport, a huge building surrounded by a sea of crowd all heading to a place somewhere in the world. Counters were packed, staff were busy and the girls were stranded in the middle, unsure where to go. Holding their hands together, they searched carefully for their unnie.

"Remember, look for someone as short as me." said Eunji.

"But unnie, she's taller than-" said Hayoung.

"Let's go and find her Hayoung-ah." said Eunji, quickly covering Hayoung's mouth with an evilish grin.

"She texted me that she's at the coffee shop." said Bomi, checking her phone.

"Over there, unnie!" said Namjoo pointing towards a lonely girl who sipped her cup of coffee at a secluded corner of the shop, she covered herself in a black hoodie almost camouflaging herself as a shadow.

"Unnie!!" said the girls as they ran towards Chorong, attacking her with a parade of hugs in which the older girl almost lost her balance.

"How are you unnie? Are you okay? Have you lost weight?" asked Bomi as she touched Chorong's cheek, analysing her entire face and then proceeded to look at her body, placing her hands everywhere.

"Stop molesting me in public Bom-ah!" scolded Chorong as she hit the younger girl with a sigh.

"She's still the same violent unnie that I know...." whispered Eunji to Naeun.

"You said something?" asked Chorong hearing a whisper.

"No, no, nothing at all. Are you all ready unnie? Everything's prepared?" asked Eunji, avoiding punishment from the scary unnie.

"Did you bring enough food? How much kimchi did you bring? Do you want me to go to the convenience store now and buy you some more?" asked Bomi, bombarding her with questions.

"Calm down Bom-ah, I've got everything. Don't worry." said Chorong with a smile. She was thankful that the girls worried about her, she was already grateful that they found time in between to visit her for the last time.

"But unnie, do you know how to speak the Greece language?" asked Hayoung.

"I bought a dictionary and translator book, I should be fine."

"Is it going to be cold there? Did you bring enough clothes?" asked Naeun.

"Yes, more than enough." said Chorong, answering each and every one of the dongsaengs questions. She had expected the situation to be like this. But she didn't mind it at all as she hasn't seen the kids in awhile and wanted to make the most of the remaining time left. Bomi simply looked on as Chorong talked to the girls, she didn't let go her hands that wrapped around the older girl's. She wanted to say a million things that had been at her tip of her tongue but she was patient, she wanted the girls to have their chance to talk too. But before the younger girl could have her chance, the airport announced a boarding for a flight. That was none other than Chorong's flight.

"Looks like it's time for me to go..." said Chorong with a sigh, as she looked at the girls. Turning her head towards the younger girl who looked at her silently, it was like looking at a puppy who didn't want her master to leave. Bomi didn't let go her grasp, wanting time to stop. Two years was too long.

"Why are you so quiet Bomi-ya?" asked Chorong as she fixed Bomi's hair and gently touching her cheek.

"I don't want you to go." mumbled Bomi in a pout.

"Told you she's gonna be like that." whispered Eunji to the others. The girls then casually took a few steps backwards, allowing the couple to have their own space.

"Unnie, tell me when you are done." said Hayoung jokingly as the rest turned their backs behind.

"Guys....." said Chorong who was slightly embarrassed at their actions because everyone could see what they were doing.

"Why Greece? You could've choose a place that was nearer so that I could visit you often...." whined Bomi.

"It was my choice Bomi-ya. I'm sorry to leave you too, but it's for the better."

"B-But what if when you come back, you become a totally different person? What if....you don't love me anymore?" confessed Bomi, exposing all the words that had been kept in her heart for a long time. She wanted to say all the words that was kept inside for one whole month, she wanted Chorong to hear everything before she left.

The older girl only sighed with a smile, pulling Bomi into a warm embrace as if comforting the worried girl who was afraid of being alone.

"You think I don't feel the same way too? I would've brought you along to Greece if I wanted to." 

"Bring me along then. I'll hide in your suitcase."

"You idiot."

"Sorry unnie, I was joking."

"I will miss you a lot Bom-ah. Two years will fly very fast and I'll meet you again soon alright? Just wait a little more." said Chorong with a smile. She stared at Bomi for awhile, wanting to engrave the image of her face into her heart so that she can see it forever.

"I will call you once a day unnie. Don't you dare ignore it." 

"I won't, promise."

Chorong had to rush, time was ticking and the gates were closing soon. Although the girl wanted to stay longer, but she had to go. Looking back at the five girls who waved goodbye, she smiled. Taking a deep breath, she took one step ahead and was now well on her way to a new journey that will change her life forever. It will take awhile before she steps back into the land of Korea, she wonders whether she will forget how her home will look like after two years.

~X~

As Chorong was now a flight to Greece, the five remaining girls sat the bus back home. They were silent, staring into space as it has finally happened. Their unnie was no longer with them, those moments spent together went by so fast like a minute.

"Bom-ah, I thought you would kiss Chorong unnie...." said Eunji in curiousity.

"Knowing her, she will definitely kill me for kissing in public. It was a challenge to myself anyway, I was restraining myself from kissing her. Hardest thing in my life." said Bomi with a chuckle as she stared at the couple ring around her finger.

"So, do we look for another caretaker?" asked Hayoung innocently.

"Wow this kid became so bad. Does Chorong unnie not mean anything to you anymore?" said Eunji sarcastically.

"But then her room is going to be empty...." mumbled Hayoung.

"What are you planning to do with that room?" asked Naeun. Hayoung only smiled in reply.

There was no stopping the maknae with her plans, as she changed Chorong's bedroom into a mini dance room. Removing the cupboards and replacing it with a tall mirror, it was like a paradise for her. She also began to plaster the walls with Girl's Generation posters especially a certain member named "Yuri". Although she did receive a scolding from her unnies, the smart maknae retaliated back with a deal that they would allow her to do it as long as she did well in her exams.

Nothing stopped the genius maknae as she proudly showed her exam grades to her unnies that was shining with full marks. A lot of things happened since Chorong left for Greece. Namjoo who finished her final year examinations, scored good grades that enabled her an enrollment in Naeun's college. Although the unnies have told her to properly consider her career path but Namjoo insisted in taking the performing arts course. She was strong-willed to become a musical actress.

Naeun on the other hand had one of her artworks on display at a massive art convention in France. She was the only Korean representive and made the country proud with her participation. She was also given two free air tickets passes to visit the convention and of course, she went with Eunji for a five days, four nights trip in France. Although Eunji slept halfway browsing through the paintings on display, Naeun got to understand more about art from the professionals.

Meanwhile, Eunji applied for auditions in various entertainment companies as her lecturer told her that she had potential to become a singer in the future. Her lecturer had advised her that a path in the singing career was better than being a vocal trainer. With luck and passion, she passed and soon was busy as a trainee in an established music company. Bomi on the other hand, became active in various taekwondo competitions. She faced many opponents and knocking them down easily while learning from famous athletes, although she had many wounds, she made more friends from this experience. But of course, the younger girl didn't lose a single day of video calling Chorong once a day. She would often update her on what the girls were doing, sending her virtual kisses by kissing her camera in which Chorong laughed and knowing what the older girl has been up to in Greece.

"So you couldn't meet up with Eunji often anymore?" asked Chorong through the video call online.

"She's been so busy training, attending singing classes overnight. I pray that it works well and her album will explode." replied Bomi.

"Me too. You should also take good care of yourself, I don't want you to be hiding your injuries from me. Although i know taekwondo is your passion but don't overwork it Bom-ah."

"That reminds me, the five of us will be going to Busan next month. We're going to celebrate Minki's birthday and it really is going to be different without you around."

"It's okay Bom-ah. Have fun and say happy birthday to Minki for me. i have to go now, the kids just woke up. Bye!" said Chorong as she ended the video call as soon as she heard the baby crying. Chorong was now an active volunteer of a Greece refugee camp, although at times it was dangerous but Bomi believed in her that everything will go well.

~X~

As the girls had been busy with their own individual things recently, they finally found time together and planned a short trip to Busan to celebrate Minki's birthday. As expected, when the five girls are finally together, there is chaos especially when Chorong isn't there to control them. The KTX train ride was a noisy one, where they chatted and caught up on things that was happening within their lives, talking about how Chorong is doing in Greece and a lot of other things. Like they say, girls talk a lot.

"Hayoung-ah, you're going to be senior next year that means you ahve to decide what you want to do in the future." asked Eunji.

"That's right, it's time for you to be a little serious now." said Naeun.

"Okay mom, dad." joked Hayoung because Eunji and Naeun were sitting together as a couple, hands interwined each other. Eunji wasn't embarrassed of showing skinship in public.

"Hayoungie is smart, i'm curious what she's going to choose." said Bomi.

"Don't tell me you're going to go and dance." said Namjoo, thinking of what happened with Chorong's bedroom that was now Hayoung's personal mini-dance studio.

"No way unnie. I'm thinking of doing law." smiled Hayoung. The unnies who heard the maknae's words, wondered if they were dreaming. It was logical decision but, they didn't knew that she thought that far ahead.

"Wow...Hayoung-ah, you've grown.." said Namjoo, speechless.

"Aigoo, this kid! Now if only you stopped growing taller, that would be perfect." teased Eunji as she playfully pinched Hayoung's cheeks with her two hands.

"Wow so if Hayoung becomes a lawyer..I can sue people!" said Bomi with delight.

"Idiot, law doesn't work that way." sighed Eunji.

"Eh? Really?"

"I think unnie should just stick to taekwondo, that's better." said Namjoo.

"By the way, how's the training going Eunji unnie?' asked Naeun.

"It's going well, there's an album in production. I will be debuting as a solo artist, not a girl group member." smiled Eunji.

"I want to hear your songs soon unnie..." said Namjoo.

"Look forward to it~" grinned Eunji.

With all that chattering, the two hours went by quickly and the girls were now in Busan, Eunji's lovely hometown. They were immediately remembered of the memories that happened months ago, when they came here with Chorong. Walking back to the same beach, the girls felt sentimental. However, they returned as five not six. It didn't feel the same, but the people they are now were different. Through the many roads that they went through together has changed who they are today, even though Chorong is no longer with them, they are still one through their couple rings.

As the girls held their hands together, they looked up at the same sky shared with where Chorong was. Each of the five girls, shouted out their dreams and hopes in the coming years, hoping that it will also reach to the older girl who was at the other side of the world.

"I will be a really, really popular singer once I debut!!" shouted Eunji.

"I will participate in the Olympics representing my country! Just you wait!!" shouted Bomi.

"I will work hard on my studies and achieve my dreams of a musical actress!!" shouted Namjoo.

"I will meet Girl's Generation Yuri one day!!" shouted Hayoung.

"Hey, what kind of dream is that?" said Eunji interrupting Hayoung.

"Again obsessed with her?" sighed Namjoo, slightly jealous.

"Wait, wait, Naeun hasn't shouted her dreams yet. Let her speak." said Bomi.

"Uh..what is my dream?" said Naeun as she stared at the sky. She thought hard and far, although she loved painting but she wasn't sure what she was going to do with it. After a thought, the girl smiled and took a deep breath.

"If I get the chance, I want to become an art director for Eunji unnie!" shouted Naeun. The girls looked at her in curiousity, Eunji especially was rather flustered at the younger girl's confession.

"What do mean Naeun-ah?" asked Bomi.

"When Eunji unnie debuts and becomes successful in the future, I want to help her design her albums, costumes...anything related to art...." said Naeun.

"But I thought you liked painting?" asked Namjoo.

"I don't learn just about painting in my course obviously, I learn a lot of other aspects in art and I feel that it's a good way to learn.." said Naeun.

"Oh, so you want to experiment that on my work huh?" joked Eunji as she walked towards Naeun.

"N-No, I didn't mean that way..." said Naeun, startled.

"Just kidding. Aigoo, you're so cute when you're like that." grinned Eunji as she playfully pinched Naeun's cheeks.

"Guys, let's leave. These two lovebirds are at it again..." sighed Bomi as she turned around, placed her arms around Namjoo and Hayoung and walked away from Eunji and Naeun who were in their own world.

Of course, this resulted in chaos as Eunji proceeded to beat Bomi for her jokes. Their trip in Busan was a rather short one as they had a simple birthday celebration for Minki before returning back to Seoul the next day. Although it ended quickly, memories and lots of laughter were made. The girls had promised that they will come back when Chorong returns.

Days passed, months went by, the girls became very focused among their goals and became very busy. Before they knew it, it was not one but two years have passed.

 

[END OF CHAPTER 29]

 

A/N: It was just as Chorong said, two years would've went by quickly! We've gotten a grasp of their future plans so, how much has the girls grown within that time period? Thank you for reading and subscribing! See you in the next chapter coming soon~ :)