Chapter 24: Withdrawal

The Pink Dormitory

Chapter 24: Withdrawal

The same-aged friends went outside into the common area, where the kitchen was empty. If Chorong was gone, this would meant their breakfast for today is doomed. Eunji told Bomi to go downstairs and buy riceballs from the convenience store while she would try to call Chorong and find where she has gone. The girl went inside Chorong's room and was surprised, her desk that would usually be filled with a bunch of documents, stationary and others were all gone. Feeling suspicious, she opened the cupboard and all of her clothes were gone. Looking around, all of Chorong's belongings were no longer there.

"No way...." thought Eunji to herself, thinking of the worst case possible. For several times, the flustered girl tried calling Chorong many times but there was no answer. Instead, it replied that there was no signal. Just where on earth would her unnie be if there was no signal? By the time Bomi came back with their makeshift breakfast, the two woke the others up, telling them of Chorong's dissapearance.

"Unnie's gone?" asked Namjoo again, wondering if she heard it right.

"Yes like literally all her clothes, belongings, everyting is gone. Anyway, Bomi and I will solve this. You and Hayoung have school." sighed Eunji in a state of panic. But Bomi was more panic than anyone else, she was confused, shocked and flustered. Where was the girl she loved gone to? Why didn't she tell her anything? Did Chorong not believe her enough?

"Unnie, the two of you should go first. I'll take care of Namjoo and Hayoung." said Naeun as she looked at Eunji. With one look, Eunji knew that she could trust her. Even though she had planned to bring her along, two people would've been enough to find their unnie.

"Alright. I'll contact you if we get anything. Come on Bomi, let's go! Stop daydreaming!" said Eunji pulled Bomi along, who was in a state of depression.

"Where are we going?" asked Bomi, giving up all hope.

"There's only one place. Chorong unnie's office." 

~X~

The same-aged friends took the morning train, squeezing into the crammed tram and travelled to the location of Chorong's office. Eunji took several glances at Bomi who didn't seem to be in a good mood, she was sulky and upset that Chorong just left like that without a word. With a sigh, Eunji lightly grabbed Bomi's face and pinched it.

"You should get a grip Bomi-ya. Instead of being all upset, why don't you make an effort to find her?" said Eunji in frustration, never liking Bomi in this state.

"She left me because I wasn't good enough...she left me because unnie doesn't love me anymore...." mumbled Bomi.

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about?! You're seriously a real pabo really...stop making up stupid assumptions when you don't even know the reason why she left." The other girl stared at her, thinking carefully of the her words. It did make sense and gave the girl some hope.

"You're right Eunji-ya...thanks, maybe there is another reason for this.." said Bomi, finally smiling.

"You sure are simple to convince." said Eunji as she too, broke into a smile while playfully hitting Bomi.

By the time the two got out, they walked along the path leading to a row of shoplots and eventually a small building that was Chorong's office. The two girls stared at each other, letting one of them go in first. It was battle of eyes until Bomi finally gave in and was the first to ring the bell as they don't know the password to enter. It was then, a voice greeted them from the intercom.

"Hello, Welcome to TvN broadcasting studios. How may I help you?" 

"We're looking for Cho-I mean, one of your employees." said Bomi.

"What's her name?"

"Park Chorong."

"Sorry, she is no longer working here."

"What? What do you mean?"

"She just applied for her resignation letter yesterday."

"But-wait, then, do you have any ideas where she would've gone?"

"She last told me that she was going back to her hometown."

"Chuncheong?"

"Yes."

"Okay, thank you!"

Bomi then turned around and stared at Eunji who crossed her arms and was deep in thought.

"What do we do Eunji-ya?"

"If she's in Chuncheong, we can head there tommorow since it's a Friday today."

"No, we have to go now." said Bomi with impatience.

"Bomi-ya, calm down. The kids have school today. Of course we're all worried and wondering where she has gone but you can't just put your own thoughts first. If you can't wait, go there by yourself. I'm heading off to college now, so do whatever you want." sighed Eunji storming off, no longer wanting to deal with Bomi's selfishness. Walking off without Bomi, the angered girl didn't bother to look behind to check whether she was following. She was upset at her friend's behaviour, unable to knock any sense of the girl who was blinded in love and confusion. Eunji took only one quick glance behind, Bomi was gone. With a sigh, she decided to not care anymore. She took the train back and went to college.

For the whole five hours in college, Eunji continued her lessons as normal. Although it did felt a bit lonely without Bomi by herself during break hours, without her quirky laughter, there was something amiss. By the time the sun set, the girl returned home to the dorm where Namjoo and Hayoung were already back, crowding in front of the television.

"Hey, you'll spoil your eyes if you stay too near the screen." scolded Eunji.

"No unnie, you have to come and see this." said Namjoo with a straight face. The girl went into the living room, wondering what was happening. On the screen was a live news broadcast about a landslide that had hit the town of Chuncheong. For a moment, Eunji froze. The three girls sat quietly in front of the television, listening carefully to the reporters who explained the situation. 

"Which part of Chuncheong did Chorong unnie live in?" asked Hayoung.

"No idea, she didn't tell us anything." replied Namjoo.

"This is bad..." sighed Eunji with worry.

"Wait, isn't Bomi unnie with you?" asked Hayoung.

"She left to Chuncheong by herself." 

"What?!" said Namjoo and Hayoung at the same time.

"She's just too impatient. I don't like fighting with people, especially with Bomi. So, I just let her be. Let her do whatever she wants." sighed Eunji as she checked the time. It should be time for dinner, and with Chorong missing to cook, the girl went downstairs to the convenience store to buy packaged lunchboxes. When Eunji left the dorm, Namjoo and Hayoung looked at each other and wondered whether their two unnies got into a fight or something. The girls continued to tune into the news broadcast where they stated that the landslide occured yesterday night due to heavy rain.

Coincidentally, Naeun came home the moment Eunji bought dinner. The girl too, asked the same question. "Where is Bomi?" The older girl didn't want to answer, as even though she was angry at first but now she was worried. She wondered whether it was her fault for letting her friend off like that. She wondered whether she had hurt Bomi's feelings. Even though Eunji didn't reply Naeun's question, the younger girl knew something was up. Dinner was eaten quietly, Bomi and Chorong's missing presence made a huge difference in the dorm.

"Girls, we're going to Chuncheong tommorow so make sure you pack up." said Eunji, quietly eating her food.

"We're going to get Chorong unnie back right?" asked Hayoung.

"And Bomi unnie too right?" asked Namjoo.

Upon hearing Bomi's name, Eunji felt uneasy.

"Y..yeah. Anyways, get ready for tommorow. I'll go and sleep now." said Eunji as she stood up and head into her room, leaving her unfinished food on the table. The three girls stared at Eunji, wondering what was wrong. Namjoo glanced at Naeun and then Hayoung while holding her chopsticks up.

"If Eunji unnie's not going to finish it then...I'll eat it....." said Namjoo quietly moving Eunji's lunchbox over to her.

"Namjoo, Hayoung-ah, clean up after your meal and head straight to bed. I'll talk to Eunji unnie, don't worry." said Naeun who finished her meal and headed into Eunji's room.

~X~

Naeun knocked on the door once, and then twice. There was no answer. However, the door was unlocked so Naeun carefully opened and went inside only to see Eunji burying herself under the blanket. With a frown, the girl went and sat down on the bed, removing the blanket that revealed tears that Eunji had shed.

"What's wrong unnie? Did something happen between you and Bomi unnie today?" asked Naeun, pulling Eunji up and wiping her tears away. "I don't even know why I'm crying. How hilarious, usually I'm the one who consoles you not me." said Eunji with a laugh, trying to liven the atmosphere but Naeun stared at her. Her eyes were serious, she wanted to know the truth.

"You don't usually cry like that unnie. Please tell me what happened. Did you get into a fight with Bomi unnie?" asked Naeun as she interwined her hands, feeling the warmth of the older girl. Eunji could only nod slightly, she didn't want to admit it but it was the truth.

"I was mad at first. I was angry at Bomi's selfish thinking because all she cares about is Chorong unnie. What are we then? But then, if you think about it, if the same thing were to happen to you, I would do it too. I tried to be in Bomi's position and I didn't want to lose you. Even if you were to suddenly dissapear, I will find you. No matter what. That's why now, i feel like I should've went with Bomi. Knowing that girl, she's bad at directions and a little bit stupid. Who know's where she's gone now...." said Eunji who looked at Naeun, whose face was red. The younger girl was a bit flustered at Eunji's sudden words towards her.

"I didn't know...you felt that way....." said Naeun quietly, slightly embarrassed.

"I love you that's why. Don't even think of suddenly running off without a word okay?" said Eunji, wrapping her arms around Naeun's ant-like waist.

"I won't. I promise." said Naeun with a smile. It was then, Eunji playfully pushed her down onto the bed, her arms still wrapped around her like a pillow.

"Since Bomi's not here, it will be a bit lonely to sleep alone tonight." grinned Eunji cheekily.

"You're a really bad liar. Bomi unnie never sleeps here, she's always in Chorong unnie's room." laughed Naeun at Eunji's terribly bad lie.

"Oops. I got caught." giggled Eunji.

It was then Naeun sneakily kissed Eunji on the lips, it was quick and swift. It was so quick that Eunji didn't have time to respond, instead the older girl was flustered at Naeun's actions. Usually, she wasn't the type who would initiate skinship first.

"I should be the one kissing you first."

"Well, I was quicker."

"My turn then." said Eunji as she proceeded to attach her lips onto Naeun's. This time however, wasn't quick. Instead, it was a long, deep kiss into the night. The two lovebirds soon, fell asleep after their parade of kisses with each other. Their fingers still interwined with each other, it seemed like they would still see each other in their dreams.

It was midnight and the two maknaes wondered why Naeun hadn't come out of the room yet. Quietly, they opened the door only to see Eunji and Naeun sleeping together in a very, comfortable and loving position. 

"That's unfair, Naeun unnie said she was going to talk to Eunji unnie but she ends up sleeping with her?!" whispered Namjoo in jealously.

"Let's do that too unnie." whispered Hayoung.

"Huh?" asked Namjoo wondering if she heard wrong.

"Don't you know my room is the coldest? It would be nice to have someone to cuddle with...it's warmer anyway....." said Hayoung carefully with a smile.

~X~

Soon, the next morning had arrived. Without Chorong around to wake the kids up, the girls sleplt for a long time until it was almost noon. The first person to wake up, was surprisingly Eunji. There was a vibration coming from her phone, the girl rubbed her eyes and checked what it was. The moment she saw the message, she was now wide awake.

"I need you to come to Chuncheong now. Like seriously, now. -Bomi

 

[END OF CHAPTER 24]

 

A/N: 93-line got into a fight?! A landslide in Chuncheong?! What did Bomi's message mean? Thank you for reading and subscribing! Yes, this chapter was a treat for 2eun fans. Don't worry, Chomi is coming soon~ I'll see you in the next chapter! :)